Kimy

Deviously Cursed Loot LE 9.0 (2021-03-09)

because i am starting out with my own mod and scripting, i decided to open up DCL in CK and check out the scripts attached to quests... i opened the TickTock quest script... OMG.

It is by far the most complicated script i have ever seen. I can't imagine the amount of time and effort put into that let alone the time required to bug fix.

Years maybe.

10 hours ago, darktej said:

Not necessary. If you have LAL installed...you can choose any start point and just go to Helgen...Alduin will fly away and the quest "Unbound" will start. from there you are free to go inside and look for Chloe.

By the way, Chloe's quest seems to disable fast travel all the time or is there anything wrong with this mod? 

21 minutes ago, abds100 said:

By the way, Chloe's quest seems to disable fast travel all the time or is there anything wrong with this mod? 

If I am correct...when you have either heavy bondage items equipped or when you are on specific quests in DCL...fast travel is disabled.

53 minutes ago, darktej said:

If I am correct...when you have either heavy bondage items equipped or when you are on specific quests in DCL...fast travel is disabled.

I was just walking along a main road of Skyrim with Chloe following me after rescuing her from Helgen. We both had no bondage items equipped at all. I think Chloe's quest(maybe this whole series of quests) is a specific one as you said but I'm not sure about that.

On 3/1/2021 at 3:44 AM, Yoen said:

can we get a short quest to start the bondage prison quest without becoming a criminal? like false accusation or mistaken identity or framed?

like get on the bad side of a powerful noble, so they set you up

or even accept a bounty and then the target gets the drop on you and you end up getting mistaken for wanted criminal?

Sounds fun. I will put this on my to-do list! :)

4 hours ago, abds100 said:

I was just walking along a main road of Skyrim with Chloe following me after rescuing her from Helgen. We both had no bondage items equipped at all. I think Chloe's quest(maybe this whole series of quests) is a specific one as you said but I'm not sure about that.

If you have just rescued Chloe..that means her quest is still active. Try completing it and see whether it works.

Bug report post

1. Some values not working correctly on MCM> cursed loot > general >
-If set basic cursed loot chance to "100%"
-if set trap cooldown to "0 hours"

-if set minimum arousal to get bound from containers to "1" or "0"

then: it still does not have a 100% chance. Tested by reloading a save infront of a chest and constantly reopening the chest again and again until it triggered bound animation. Results would vary and were never 100%.

-configuration not respecting my preferences for parameters:

"Minimum number of items per container" set it to 2, opened a lootable chest, and only got 1 restrain put on me (a collar).

2. Devices:
-Disabling "Allow boots" doesn't stop containers from locking me in boots.
This is the only option I tested for the devices section...

3. Rape
->combat rape outcome: the character is not being teleported back to the start of the dungeon after rape, even with "hardcore" option disabled
As I continue playing I will edit this post or reply.

I've also encountered the ignoring of disable chastity settings in my game, as was reported earlier in the thread. I'm playing the SE version, but Zarantha told me to report it here. I don't see why there is a difference for characters below level 3 though, since I can't see the logic in it from a trap-designer point of view. Could it be a remnant from the time when traps didn't trigger at all for new characters?

6 hours ago, darktej said:

If you have just rescued Chloe..that means her quest is still active. Try completing it and see whether it works.

I have already completed several quests of Chloe but I'm still not able to use fast travel. Her quests are active all the time and now I'm on the fifth one. I'm still not sure whether all the quests of Chloe will disable fast travel.

2 hours ago, abds100 said:

I have already completed several quests of Chloe but I'm still not able to use fast travel. Her quests are active all the time and now I'm on the fifth one. I'm still not sure whether all the quests of Chloe will disable fast travel.

I haven't tried the beta yet. I am waiting for the full version.  But from the changelogs..there are more quests to do with her. So I am guessing her quest goes on for quite a while. But there is a MCM option in DCL where you can enable7disable fast travel.   I don't know which tab it was...but you can try that.

12 minutes ago, darktej said:

I haven't tried the beta yet. I am waiting for the full version.  But from the changelogs..there are more quests to do with her. So I am guessing her quest goes on for quite a while. But there is a MCM option in DCL where you can enable7disable fast travel.   I don't know which tab it was...but you can try that.

I saw that MCM option and changed it to only disable fast travel when equiping bondage items. I was still not able to use fast travel even I had no bondage items equipped at all when I was on my way to do the next few Chloe quests. Perhaps @Kimy can help us explain that. 

57 minutes ago, abds100 said:

I saw that MCM option and changed it to only disable fast travel when equiping bondage items. I was still not able to use fast travel even I had no bondage items equipped at all when I was on my way to do the next few Chloe quests. Perhaps @Kimy can help us explain that. 

Ya I think you need to invest time in completing Chloe's quests if you want to regain the ability to fast travel. Colud be a bug tho for I have not tested the beta. But I don't know. Perhaps Kimy can help you with your issue.

On 3/5/2021 at 1:06 PM, donkeywho said:

That maybe did not translate as well as you intended?   It 'sounds' unduly critical, particularly as  @Kimy probably has a very busy RL, so may not have the time to do everything as nicely as we, or she, might like

I do like what you are doing though.  I hope that you will be able to offer help to  @Kimy by making your refined version available for her to include in a future version.  And for our enjoyment too! 🙂

TIA

I made this offer to Kimy some time ago.
I understand that scripting and creating quests take a lot of time ... 
.. but the necessary atmosphere should also be present.
That would give this mod the right kick

dcur_prisonquest

- For example, comments and reactions from the guards would add a lot to the credibility.
 the "do nothing" package is not helpful

Cleaning the room:

currently just click and the pile is gone ... why no broom animation?

Why not a search for illegal objects (knives, keys ... all that can be found in this prison)
approach a guard and he might search you ...

So my game stopped triggering traps. I'm running 9.0 beta 3 and, AFAIK, I haven't updated my mod list or Cursed Loot anytime recently. When I turned on debugging I see the messages about looting the containers but no messages involving the container's Cursed Loot percentage. 

Is there any fix for this? Or do I have to revert a save or reinstall Cursed Loot?

46 minutes ago, setokiaba said:

Is there any fix for this?

Probably you started some DCL quest what blocks Cursed loot - check DCL MCM debug section active quest running - true (that means no trigger traps) If false, then traps will trigger

On 3/6/2021 at 11:28 PM, abds100 said:

Do I need to choose the original start of the game?

Nope, she should just be hanging out in one of the cells down there, no matter what start you used~

Hello.

I'd like to ask about three OnItemAdded events, those located in dcur_clocktickRefScript, dcur_SashaQuestScript, and dcur_leon_playerrefscript.

Due to the way they are implemented, they create a thread each every time player recieves an item at any point in the game, which is usually not much of a problem unless player recieves a lot of items at once.
Like when player leaves vanilla prison, or some mod removes and then returns player items. Which is what about half of DD related mods do, and DCUR itself does in several quests.

And each of those events fire on every item recieved, causing significant spike in active threads and potentually making Papyrus dump a load of stacks.

Now, about those events. Those in clocktickRefScript and SashaQuestScript simply catch device keys and throw them at keyholders if those are active. Which raises the question - can those events be put in a state block that is activated only when keyholding is active and not always create threads for every item that player recieves?

Third, in dcur_leon_playerrefscript, is... This.

Event OnItemAdded(Form akBaseItem, int aiItemCount, ObjectReference akItemReference, ObjectReference akSourceContainer)
	If leqs.GetStage() == 200
		If akBaseItem == dcumenu.dcur_pinkArmbinder
			libs.notify("You found Melissa's pink armbinder!")
			leqs.SetStage(210)
			leqs.SetObjectiveDisplayed(210)
			leqs.SetObjectiveCompleted(200)
		Endif
	Endif
EndEvent

During specific quest it reacts to a specific item. But it is called on every item player ever gets.

Also, would you consider adding "playerisvictim = false" to sexwithplayer function call in dcur_sasha_sex* scripts that are backed by consensual dialogue? This variable defaults to true and causes Sexlab to apply hostile expressions and add to sexual assault counters in SexLab, with PC as victim and Sasha as aggressor.

And while we are there, is there any particular reason why said function that initiates SexLab scenes uses GetSex instead of SexLab.GetGender?

4 hours ago, Elsidia said:

Probably you started some DCL quest what blocks Cursed loot - check DCL MCM debug section active quest running - true (that means no trigger traps) If false, then traps will trigger

Yeah I checked that. "Active Quests Running" is set to False

I think that the cursed armbinder in the Cursed Collar quest changes your sprint animation to running with your arms behind  your back, but doesn't change it back after the quest is over and the armbinder is removed.   Is there a way to fix this?  Hmm, I'll try a regular armbinder and see if that does it.

21 hours ago, abds100 said:

Yeah, the Chloe quest series disables fast travel for a fairly long time - I believe beta 3 does it through all of Chloe and the delivery quest following.   It's enabled again when you are going for supplies in Riften, so I'd focus on Chloe through that quest at least.   You have a great deal more freedom after that but there are still times when fast travel is disabled.   If it bothers you (as it does me), make sure you turn off the flag which disables fast travel for the Cursed Collar quest before you head off to the Whip and Chain Inn, or it will be off for that entire quest.

On 3/7/2021 at 7:30 PM, saltshade said:

I've also encountered the ignoring of disable chastity settings in my game, as was reported earlier in the thread. I'm playing the SE version, but Zarantha told me to report it here. I don't see why there is a difference for characters below level 3 though, since I can't see the logic in it from a trap-designer point of view. Could it be a remnant from the time when traps didn't trigger at all for new characters?

I filed a detailed report on this back a few pages - I think right after beta 2 was released - basically, if you're under level 3, or experiencing a event after a rape resist attempt or combat capture rape, or in a few other specific situations, it uses a different method to equip a *set* of devices instead of the normal random devices, and the equipSet code completely ignores the MCM settings as it does so -- the only thing it allows for is a level of how punishing the restraints ought to be... although I find the vast majority of the sets involved to be fairly heavily punishing, even at the lightest setting.

This actually dates back to 8.5 for the below level 3 case - I *think* the idea behind it was that the sets were supposed to be less punishing than a completely random event for low levels, but in practice, by ignoring the MCM settings, they end up being far more punishing in general.

54 minutes ago, knots1353 said:

Yeah, the Chloe quest series disables fast travel for a fairly long time - I believe beta 3 does it through all of Chloe and the delivery quest following.   It's enabled again when you are going for supplies in Riften, so I'd focus on Chloe through that quest at least.   You have a great deal more freedom after that but there are still times when fast travel is disabled.   If it bothers you (as it does me), make sure you turn off the flag which disables fast travel for the Cursed Collar quest before you head off to the Whip and Chain Inn, or it will be off for that entire quest.

Thanks a lot! One of the Chloe quests tell me to find some stuff in a boss chest. Is there a particular dungeon or cave I should pay a visit?

I read the update log for 9.0 and one thing caught my eye - the furniture punishment scenario triggered by guards. But what happens during the punishment? Do you just sit there all day, or can people take advantage of the situation, like in PoP?

Also, I read that someone was playing v9.3. Was that just a typo, or does it actually exist for download?