How I can tell you didn't actually read the FAQ. In other words; read the fucking pinned threads!

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd just like to point something out here.

I thankfully haven't needed to ask for help installing anything yet but if the "helpful pinned posts" you refer to are/were the blue web address type things then as one who has tried looking for small fixes before I can say that not ALL pinned posts have been helpful, in fact some of them have led to pages that were totally unrelated to what the pinner was talking about, some lead to expired web pages and some have led me to dodgy pages that are full of ads and possibly viruses, therefore I don't think the blame can be entirely placed on those seeking help, some people are afraid of clicking on any unknown links in case it slaps a virus on their computer.

I'm not saying that some people aren't just lazy, I know they're out there but unless I have missed something then there doesn't seem to be any kind of assurance on this site that tells people its safe or that its monitored for viruses or anything that would ease the minds of people innocently looking for mods.

you have to remember that on the net people cannot communicate through tones of voice, facial expressions and other things that would indicate whether someone is being serious or joking or whether the person is being honest or not, so my point is, you naturally have to spell things out more than you would in the real world especially for beginners who don't know which way is up when it comes to computers.

I was in that position once when I first started playing Skyrim on the PC, I didn't understand jack about modding, and when I looked at the forums and I saw people being beasted for asking for clarification on something it made me scared to ask about anything, and when I did finally ask after repeated failure it made me ask in an immediately sharp and hostile way because I was expecting to be treated the same as the others, I was only lucky that I asked some understanding people who were familiar with my confusion that I got to learn about what I was doing.

sorry this is so long but I'm passionate about this, you can't just assume that everyone is lazy because they don't read the pin-ups, it could be because they just prefer having a real human entity walking them through what they're doing wrong, everyone learns differently, maybe they're wondering if there are any special tricks to doing something like for example, I had to ask someone how to use that memory hack for Skyrim that stops it from freezing all the time, it wasn't stated anywhere on the nexus, there was a MOD that apparently did it by a dude named sheson but the only install help he could offer was some nonsense about typing "give first born to sheson" in the ini file! I mean seriously?! like anyone is supposed to understand how the hell that works!

if someone doesn't understand something written on a page it might be because they need it to be re-worded in a way that resonates with their depth of understanding.

anyway that's all I wanted to say, I hope you guys can see where I'm coming from in this, no need for senseless arguing I just wanted to get that off my chest.

@mlkmlkmlk

I haven't had to turn it on very often. However you have to follow the OP's instructions on how to turn it on first before you can get a log. It is the Papyrus log instructions in red in this thread's OP. If I remember correctly (I might be wrong :)) it will create a log for each game played. when uploading upload the most recent one with the crash. If possible and can be repeated, get as close to to the crash or error without causing it and save. Stop the game and restart the game cause the crash and post that log. It will be smaller and easier to find the error. Post the entire log in spoilers or upload as a txt file please don't copy paste in the threads. :). OH and one last thing. Don't post it here. Most ignore this thread post it in the closest thread witht he mod that you believe is the cause of your problem or create a new thread for tech support.

@chaos_angel239

This thread isn't' about assigning blame. there are many here that never give what is needed to get to the bottom of the issue. Many can't even explain what is going on accurately to get the correct support until sometime around the third page. The link in the OPs gives a very detailed process for someone to follow. (for Sexlab) It will help resolve many of the issues and of course if someone like the one I tried to help above runs into a problem with one of those steps we will help if asked. In fact I asked a long time before that thread was posted on how to create or turn on my papyrus log. Ashal himself responded quickly to my post because it was clear, concise and to the point. I also needed to have that for further info.

Countless times support is provided for someone that is missing some critical basic resource but they don't know because they don't verify it when asked. "All the requirements were installed correctly" statement. when in fact they weren't. A recent support thread I tried to help with stated "invisible bodies" when in fact the bodies were stretched. Different causes.

If you haven't noticed everybody gets support even if they don't follow the suggested steps to get their game up and running here at LL. That is the reason for AShal's comment

Then do what I do and sigh heavily as you die a little inside.

Because they will still get help.

Many of what you post is correct. Of course there will be confusion. When I started here many members were talking about complex task and I didn't even understand the basics. However what was needed to be done by me was to indicate that I at least tried to understand what was going on. I posted references (other threads) which gave info (there wasn't many tutorials here at that time) and sources with questions on what was being asked then confirmations on what I did. Sometimes I did it wrong, sometimes I was on the wrong track but always I was treated well and had my post answered quickly.

I believe what was being asked here is some clear signs that attempts have been made to resolve the issue by the member. This should include FNIS reports and load orders as well as debug logs. If they don't know (and many times members don't even know how to even get their load orders exported) then they can post questions on how to do this.

Example

"Hey I have my FNIS report (hope I did it correctly) and load order but don't understand what the "debug log" is, can someone help me if it is needed for my problem? "

Something as simple as that would go a very long way to cover the support requirements for a member. Even something as this example:

"Hey I am complete noob to modding. I have (give brief description here) problem. I have no understanding of what I am suppose to do here. Can someone help me. I found a few threads but they seem outdated. (Insert threads here). Are they good? I found instructions here (insert thread) but can't do (insert task here). Am I on the correct path?

A google search describing many of the issues most new members would have would give a few sites. It is greatly appreciated for members to try to resolve their issues and show what they have tried. Generally they get more support from many more members than those that state "My game broke, what wrong" comment.

• 7 months later...

(hint: FNIS outputs and load orders are not even remotely useful information in 95% of the posts that include them).

The page

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/22241-sexlab-troubleshooting-support-guide/?p=549438

states:

Include a list of all your installed mods and their load order.

So, in one thread you say that the posting of the load order is a requirement, in another one you sneer at people doing that. That makes it a little difficult for us the common mortals to figure out what to do in order to not anger you.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for telling us where the Papyrus log is hidden. I kept wondering why I couldn't make it work. Thanks to your pinned thread I found that it actually did work. It contains so much useful information. I'll have a lot of reasearch to do before posting another question nobody can answer.

• 3 months later...

MORE NASTY CRITTERS

hi, folks. first off let me start off by saying if you're confused about the download options for MNC, and you're using a mod manager, you want to look for "MoreNastyCritters9_3_fomod.7z" (118.2 MB) which is available by pressing the very top link (#!1FUkDCJa!ZkUcKlCS3teM32z4lcivHpsITp84dXGroMY4kQvyfnQ)

The author forgot to update the fomod correctly so your manager will claim it's version 9.0 (just adjust manually)

There was an update, by the creator of FNIS, regarding the quote linked on the description about "if you are using mod organizer"

Attention users of Mod Organizer and MNC or other FNIS creature animations like FNIS Zoo; I've been talking to MistakenMystic who's the go-between/punching bag between Fore and Tannin42, as well as the authors of MNC and it's components (special thanks to lordescobar666) and it's led to the discovery with some faults in the codes of both those programs. A soltuion is being worked on now but the baics is that if you have used a creature animation pack with FNIS in MO, then change to a profile without those creature mods like a non-MNC profile, a lot of your creatures will be frozen because FNIS is apparently smarter than MO and skips by the Override directory entirely. If you want to reanimate your creatures you either need to reinstall the mod that provided the animations like MNC or FNIS Zoo, hit Deinstall Creatures in FNIS (which by itself causes several issues Fore is currently looking into), or install two versions of FNIS, like one called "FNIS for Creatures" and one called "FNIS without Creatures" and keep them active on separate profiles. This avoids the frozen creatures and T-posing.

The fact that I have agreed to make changes in FNIS doesn't necessarily imply that there are bugs in FNIS.

Sure, FNIS has bugs, maybe a lot of them. But not here. There are none known problems for non-MO users. The only reason why I have agreed to make changes (not fixes!) is to work-around MO's implementation peculiarities (overwrite folder) and bugs (creation delay).

And honestly, I don't see it as MY responsibility to chase after another tool's problems.

Because the seemingly easy change MistakenMystic and I have agreed to is not sufficient. Instead of creating a hkx file directly at its final destination, we thought about creating those files temporarily, and then doing a seperate move afterwards. That change is ok as long as everything works out. But in case the generation step fails for whatever reason, the problems begin again. 2 scenarios:

1. I don't do anything in FNIS. Then an unhandled exception occurs (error 5). BAD.
  2. I add a fileexist() check. Then the MO bug hits again. Remember the error messages when FNIS reported that bearbehavior, then dogbehavior, then draugrbehavior, ...were all missing. The same MO (!) bug woulf come up here. EVEN WORSE.

And in either case it's me who has the bad end of the deal. I'm so tired of all that, you folks just can't imagine.

Apologies, I was quoting MistakenMystic but rereading his PM I clearly got it wrong;

There are actually two separate but related problems with FNIS & MO that this has highlighted.

The 'De-install creatures' button @fore has not only removes the newly created animations from the file system, which is good, but it also removes the TEMPLATES from the Creatures mod, which is bad. This means if you notice the new creature animations in the FNIS main mod and then see you can remove them with that button, you have to re-install the Creature Pack each time before updating FNIS or else it will complain it isn't installed.

Next is the main issue. No matter how many profiles we have since the main FNIS mod will be populated with creature animations every profile will be using the same ones and if you disable the profile that has the plugins that use them, you get the t-pose and frozen creatures.

MM's intention with the statement was clearly now that it was two errors in FNIS and MO when used together that was the issue, not an issue with FNIS used manually or through NMM.

Note I haven't actually run into the issue with FNIS mod after deinstall complaining about missing FNIS Creature pack, I have a deinstalled creature pack on one of my profiles, it puts out an output just fine, but he obviously ran into it (or I'm misreading him, which is entirely possible). Since I actually reinstall FNIS entirely when reenabling creature animations, I avoided the problem, hence why I said in my quoted post to install two versions of FNIS for Users.

Also, i've been noticing a heck of a lot of questions about more nasty critters and/or the related topic of registering animations in the various MCMs ingame.

For those of you having difficulties, this is the sequence - btw, i'm no longer going by the mod author's exact red text instructions on how to get it working:

1. enable sexlab in MCM*
  2. exit menu wait for messages
  3. enable sexlab creature animations (if you have supporting mods like MNC)
  4. exit menu wait for message [you can skip steps 5 & 6 at first; you only need them for troubleshooting*]
  5. reset animation registry in sexlab
  6. re-register animations in creature framework*
  7. register all other animations (SL anim loader, ZazAnimations, NSAP, Estrus+)
  8. run patchups for apropos (it's the same as 'registering) if you have it

I also made a number of screenshots to illustrate

post-899217-0-89855500-1470597834_thumb.jpg

post-899217-0-81817900-1470597835_thumb.jpg

post-899217-0-77254800-1470597836_thumb.jpg

post-899217-0-74512200-1470597837_thumb.jpg

post-899217-0-76567700-1470597839_thumb.jpg

post-899217-0-76338100-1470597838_thumb.jpg

post-899217-0-25032000-1470597842_thumb.jpg

post-899217-0-17478100-1470597852_thumb.jpg

post-899217-0-11097500-1470597853_thumb.jpg

post-899217-0-11106300-1470597854_thumb.jpg

post-899217-0-13954000-1470597855_thumb.jpg

• *make sure they all say "OK"  (if some are ?? try zooming out to 3rd person and back in your new character)
    If it's something other than ok or ?? then it's probably FNIS generator, install order or load order...in that order of probability
  • *The mod's author has made contradictory statements as to whether re-register is supposed to be before or after reset (5&6), and upon researching all 280 pages of his support topic i can say unequivocally that he meant to say "And dont forget the usual: Reset Animation Registry in SL and Re register all Mods in Creature Framework!!!"
  • * I myself have started a new game and skipped steps 5 & 6, enabled defeat mod, went up to a wolf and surrendered: both erect penis and animation played flawlessly...as long as you are patient and wait for all MCMs to load at startup.

a) when starting a new game wait for this message: post-899217-0-08545400-1471392492_thumb.jpg

B) after that (since it's usually the last to load for the MCM registration message) enable sexlab and wait for: post-899217-0-10944100-1471392497_thumb.jpg

c) and then enable creature animations in sexlab MCM and wait for: post-899217-0-02677100-1471392503_thumb.jpg

(d) then you're off to the races without needing to 're-register' or 'reset animation registry'

BTW, if you weren't patient, and you can't seem to surrender to creatures (via Defeat mod) then 'reconfigure' defeat.

As for more nasty critter's description page not being informative enough:

This mod has 3 main parts:

Morenastycritters.esp wich ADDS the new animations to SL and makes them available to ALL mods you might use just like if they were part of SL all along

SexlabNudecreatures(DG,DB).esp which switches nude and non-nude creature models. So critters only have their stuff out during SL animations.

Hentai Creatures which provide a means to summon all the critters and trigger the animations (tell the critter to "train")

Those three were always part of this. Morenastycritters.esp obviously and Nude Creatures and Hentai Creatures because I modified them heavyly.

Now there are 2 more parts:

Creature Features (from Leito86) and Beastiality Extras (from Gone). I didnt change anything in those, they are just added so you dont have to download/install them in extra steps and Gone and Leito are okay with it.

As stated above they add nude models of creatures.

Well then there are some creature models that I did create myself and various other stuff..

Things you have to remember:

In a new install creature animations are turned off in SL. Turn them ON!

Check menu settings if they are what you want. Toggle the animations in SL creature toggle that you want to use!

In Hentai Creatures "allow player" is DISABLED by default. Enable it if you want to have animations with your character!

Talk to the summoned critter and "train" to trigger animations!

You get the spells either at Riverwood Trader or you can cheat them in by enabling "dump spells" in the menu of Hentai Creatures.

I havent found any good solution to support 3 or more actor animations in Hentai Creatures. Its a limitation of the mod.

I dont have any idea how to get that done.

Until there is a solution for it I suggest you use Matchmaker. You can summon the creatures you need with Hentai Creatures and then initiate the gangbang stuff with Matchmaker.

Assuming you did everything correctly you might want to check your loadorder:

Morenastycritters.esp

Nudecreatures.esp

NudecreaturesDG.esp

NudecreaturesDB.esp

Hentaicreatures.esp

it is IMPORTANT that Hentaicreatures is last and Nudecreatures.esp is before the other NC esps.....

I do creature modeling. Some of the nude critters are done by me. Actually that was the sole reason I started modifying Lordescobars Nude Creatures. Just to add my stuff. 

I dont do animations. Never learned how and I simply dont have the time to do any more. People dont realise how much time goes into creating these mods....

~dentarr

The Creature Framework MCM is where the choices are made to which creatures get schlongs.  The Nude Creatures MCM basically just gives you a choice of schlong styles for a few creatures. 

Also, Sexlab Aroused (Redux) is a hidden 'requirement' for Creature Framework, which the lack of may or may not be the cause of API reference errors ("api reference not found" / "They are valid creature type, but have no valid animations currently enabled or installed.")

the author of nude creatures had the solution formulated a year ago :

As for the CF API error... which version of the mod do you use? fomod or normal one? Also do you run MO or not?

In my case: Tried it with fomod (both from ll and mega (hag thingy)) and normal (from ll) and is using MO. Also tried installing CF (RC12) and jcontainers (3.4) separately (both tried having them overwrite mnc and not including them in the mnc install (only with fomod versions)).

This is with sl 1.6 hotfix 2 and using both a "cleanish" (uninstalled mnc, cf, jcontainers and used save cleaners) save and just upgrading from 8.33 to 9.0. Still haven't tried it on a fresh game (like new game with just sl, mnc and their dependencies). Only permanent way to get rid of the API-thing for me so far has been to use aroused.

I'm using MNC 8.5  normal  and I run MO ( but sometimes use NMM when MO doesn't work ( rarely) .
I haven't tried installing RC12 since i saw the problem still persists even with it
but when i first installed MNC 8.5 without RC  it had that API problem and I thought ihad to install the RC framework as well so i separately installed RC 11 then but still came with the same error :P
I am still using SL 1.59 because I am afraid of big changes :P
I am by no means gonna  try a new game because I don't wanna start another char :(  and I'm pretty sure the game will crash when I start a new game due to integrated mods

That was a clean save/character made specifically for this issue though.

Made a new, clean save/character again. On first game restart and save load I got the API error pop-up.

MNC 9.0 with Hag, and SexLab 1.60 hotfix 2. Made sure everything was functional, registered and re-registered before saving.
Load order:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
CreatureFramework.esm
SexLab.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
SkyUI.esp
MoreNastyCritters.esp
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
HentaiCreatures.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

If I'm stubborn enough, playing russian roulette with the error is an option, as I can reload the same save until CF is functional again.

I cannot reload the save if this happens neither can i make a new save game
i always have to close the game and then reload and MAYBE it might not appear and i can play normally
but it happens often :/ 3/5 times
also if i manage to save the game via console when the API error appears that new save game becomes corrupt when i try to load it
( so i just delete it afterwards and here we go again :/ )
I dunno what to do :/ and to be honest this .. is my main character , everything was goin' well so far while i was on MNC 8.33
The only two problems i have now are the API one and the animal mansion dialogue glitch "Oh my god, look at that... that's incredible" .

I currently have an issue involving Creature Framework. After installing it, running FNIS, modifying my load order to match this one, I get an error message when I load my game stating "Creature API reference missing." (Either that, or something very similar to that), and I believe this prevents the erections from happening on the creatures. Any suggestions on how to fix it? (I'm tried reinstalling Creature Framework several times already.)

I am running out of ideas to solve the problem. Every log related to that problem I have seen so far contains lines with "Unable to link types associated with ..." and "... the object is flagged as invalid" mentioning CF scripts. Judging from these messages it sounds like a linker problem, but since I didn't develop the Papyrus VM and have no access to its source code, I don't know the exact context which causes these lines to be emitted. That I am not able to reproduce the problem on my system does not help either.

I hoped that the problem is caused by leftovers from older versions and can be solved by doing a clean save, but apparently it is also occuring with new games. The last thing which comes to my mind is that user stepanBo said something about a script limit he thinks he has encountered. Maybe his and your problems are somehow related. @MannySauce: Did you enable all your mods when starting a new game? If yes, could you try again with a minimal selection of mods?

When someone else may have some ideas what is causing these problems, please tell me.

Well i had the same problem with the API thing, seemed randomly. I installed aroused redux and the save game started without error message. Maybe it is a requirement now. Have to see how it works on my next load

So.. We got three people able to solve the API issue by Installing aroused so far. Anyone who installed the damn thing with no effect on the "API missing"?

Well i had the same problem with the API thing, seemed randomly. I installed aroused redux and the save game started without error message. Maybe it is a requirement now. Have to see how it works on my next load

well I USED to have SL aroused ( not redux) in my modlist ... but that was a loooooooooooong time ago and it didnt pose a problem till now..
I don't really like it because my save is already kinda script heavy and this mod might pretty much go overweight if I install it as well
btw guys I will link the papyrus log I get the next time because I had forgotten to enable papyrus logging till now XD
so I didnt have one :P
@lordescobar666 ty bro for requoting my post , I thought ppl went past our problems for a bit and got worried it won't be solved and that we're just a minority :/

I do not like having it installed either, but since it seems like it's either MNC 8.33 and no aroused or MNC 9 and aroused atm (for my install at least): it's a matter of preference and what you got saved on your harddrive (i use redux with pc set to perma -2 arousal in a possibly futile attempt to minimize script impact).

Edit: quoting got funky.

i have over 150 mods installed some script heavy like wet and cold ,campfires, bathing in Skyrim, And sexlab and I run sl aroused redux with no problems, I have some script lag but that is due to the age of the cpu of my computer and I get 20 to 50 fps it depends on if there are a lot of npcs or not on if I have 20 fps or 50 fps

I investigated the "API reference" problem further and can now reproce it: I created a new minimal profile with USKP + skyUI + RaceMenu + Alternate Start + SexLab with Creature Pack + MNC, and got the "API reference not found" message every time i start a new game. The strange thing is that installing any mod (Aroused, ZAZ, Falskaar or SexLabUtils where the ones I tested) on top of that minimal profile caused the problem to go away, at least for a while. I need to restart the game a lot to get the error message again (restarting MO seems to increase the change of getting the error again. Can anyone confirm this?). The more scripts I have installed the more seldom it seems to occurs.

My best guess from the evidence so far is that the problem is caused by a rare race-condition when the Papyrus VM builds the type table. CF references the class slautilscr from SexLab Aroused, and when this type is missing, the types defined by CF seem be not correctly created sometimes for some still unknown reason. The higher the number of other types the more seldom the race-condition is triggered.

To solve the problem we need to avoid that race-condition, but how to we do it? There seem to be two possible solutions according to my observations: (1) install a lot of script-heavy mods :D, or (2) install SexLab Aroused (Redux). Actually you only need the script folder of SexLab Aroused. So if you don't want to play with SexLab Aroused, just disable the SexLabAroused.esm and you are good to go.

The author of MNC talked about it a week later:

Aroused is not and never was a requirement. CF currently has a bug where a racing condition with checking the presence of Aroused MAY cause these issues.

Also you dont have to activate Aroused, only install it.

All other things required to run MNC are included except the prerequisites which still are SL 1.57+ (and ITS requirements) and FNIS Creatures.

And the author of the Creature Framework mod nailed said coffin shut:

To settle this for good (hopefully):

As you'll see if you read the "Known issues" section on the Creature Framework page, the problem occurs only when SexLab Aroused is not installed. It doesn't happen for everyone (I haven't been able to reproduce it myself), but it does happen. You can simply install SexLab Aroused/Aroused Redux, but not activate the ESP/ESM for it if you don't want to use it, OR you can just delete their esp/esm but keep their scripts.

Also, I generally encourage everyone to update Creature Framework to the latest version. It's still labelled as a prerelease, but it should be stable.

Another issue is your character will go through the motions, and the creature will have an erect penis but isn't animating properly:

So just updated every thing yesterday including the newest SexLab and now like others, My critters get in position, as usual some get an erect penis and then either just stand there while my character goes through the motions or they try to engage and then it looks like they are slipping on ice or some thing, legs moving but going no where.  After spending hours trouble shooting and it not fixing it, I decided to go back to the previous version that was working before the update. The exact same thing is happening with the older version now as well.  

I wonder if now that the new SexLab requires "CreaturePack file, SexLab_CreatureAnimations_v160.zip." to run creature animations now if there is some kind of conflict that is causing the problem? 

And before you start asking if I did this or did that, YES, at least 3 times.

And before you start asking if I did this or did that, YES, at least 3 times.

No you didn't or the animations would work.  Creature animations work fine - either you did not upgrade correctly or the animations are not there for whatever reason.  I did notice one time in an early version of 1.60 alpha that when upgrading, the creature animation list was empty after upgrading.

1)  Go into the sexlab MCM, into the animation settings, select creature animations - are they there?  are any if them checked?

2)  If they are not there, you should be able to either reregister animations, or toggle creature animations off, then back on.  Make sure to leave the MCM and wait for the alert in the top left saying creature animations active.

3)  If they are there, you may need to reinitialize sexlab through the MCM.

4)  Have you tried starting a new character and see if the problem still exists?

5)  Another thing to try is to go into the FNIS Generator, hit "De-Install Creatures", then run the Generator normally again.  It's possible that the files generated by the Generator for the creature animations did not update, so de-installing should clean it up, then rerunning the Generator again will generate the files necessary for the creature animations.

When I said I have done all that 3 times I meant all of what you just said 3 time or more and surprisingly, they still don't work.

Edit: figured out the problem.  Updated FINIS but the FINIS creature pack was up to date so I just left it. Didn't think that the update would over ride some of the creature pack.  Had to uninstall the FINIS creature pack and then reinstall it. works fine now.

Another issue is the CF mcm won't show up and/or greyed out...i suspect it's lack of patience (since i've noticed it's the last thing to load in any of my new games)

The Re-register button is greyed out. I'm going to try and install SLNC Over MNC and see if it can detect it.

Didn't work. I tried deleting my MNC and redownloading and reinstalling it but same problem. For whatever reason it just doesn't detect any bear/troll/giant/wolf among other meshes and still has the "re-register" button greyed. I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

God damn this is frustrating I've been using this mod for fucking ages and now all of a sudden it just stops working for me. Why is it that there's always a mod or two that just breaks for no good god damn reason? Honestly I feel like I spend more time modding and fixing broken mods than actually playing the game....

Edit: I seemed to have fixed it although I think I might have to make a new game which is more than irritating. I reinstalled the mods, used tes5, fnis etc. etc. however I suspected it might have been LOOT messing with the mods so I simply didn't use it this time around and it seems to have registered everything. For now, I'll just manually handle my mods instead of using organisers and hopefully everything works.

The re-register button is greyed out when CF is still initialising. Close all menus and wait 10 or 15 seconds in real time, then check again.

Hey there :)

First, thank you for the mod, it provides a lot, animations are good, I like it :)

But I have a small problem, none of the creatures have erected genitals. They have the "flacid" version all the time. I didn't installed any creature retexture mod, and I tried to re-check installed mods with creature framework, but I cannot click on it (neither on Unistall). Can you help me, please ?

The re-register button is disabled when CF is still initialising. Close all menus and wait 10 or 15 seconds in real time, then check again. 

I know I have to leave it some time, but even after 10 minutes, it doesn't work...

Post your Papyrus log.

I had a similar issue and found by disabling creatures in sexlab then enabling them again it resolved the re-register animation option in CF being greyed out.

Creature's equipment not showing FIX!  Most likely you didn't register them, after installing More Nasty Critters and generating a new FNIS thingy. Once done with that launch the game and go into the Creature Framework tab which is in the Mod config menu then go into the General and click re-register. If the button is greyed/grayed out spawn in a creature (player.placeatme 23ABA)=Troll  or go near one that should have a dingdong and the option should become available and once you register it (it might take a bit) it should be fixed! :D

Thanx a lot it works! :)

Another issue is (still?) hentai creatures not working correctly (the 'train' function specifically..it "fizzles"):

Ashal said in the Sexlab thread that the major incompatibilities with 1.6 would likely come about in creature-related mods because of some changes in how the creature API works. Sounds like the same bug is happening in the original HC. 

I'm guessing if you can't get training to work, you're using 1.6x, and that until the mod is updated this will continue to be the case.

tl;dr - HC is probably incompatible with 1.6.

Be aware: Hentai Creatures 'training' function does not work properly with Sexlab 1.6. If you were planning on using that aspect of that mod, you'll need to use Sexlab 1.59c.

You can use HC to summon the critters you want, then use a mod like Sexlab Matchmaker to start sex with the summoned pet with 1.6, but the "find partner" part of HC that triggers when the training button is pushed needs to be updated to work with 1.6.

okay, I fixed my "They are a creature type that is currently not supported" problem.

using "Save cleaner v. 2.06 beta", "mod editor", select "MoreNastyCritters.esp", click on "Delete selected mod forms" (maybe not needed?), click on "Delete selected mod script", save.

in Skyrim, SexLab MCM > "reset animation registry", wait till CF has finished parsing all creatures config.

after that, the FNIS matchmaker spell worked ok with all the new creatures

Doing this all animations and creatures worked perfect on my main savegame. In addition to FNIS matchmaker spell, when you talk with the creatures, the "train" command works too. Thanks a lot!

I can't quote for some reasons . "Train" doesn't work with any creatures . But it worked before . Is there no solution ?

Again, no. This is a bug that happens randomly to random people, it is possibly due to a load-order issue or a conflict with another mod, because of the randomness of this problem there is no solid way of knowing how to fix it.
I found that my "train" option broke when Dawnguard and Dragonborn DLC's were in the wrong order, but I needed to keep them that way for another mod to work; editing the internal load-order of the NudeCreaturesDG/DB Esps to match the order I require fixes the issue for me, but from previous experience I know this does not always work for other people.

EDIT: To test what can cause the Training bug to happen I purposely reinstalled MNC and played the game without editing the ESPs, with my Dawnguard/Dragonborn DLCs in the order needed to make anther mod run. This make "Train" no longer work, until I edited the ESP's to accept my ordering of the DLCs, whereby it started working again. 

To Fix Hentai Creatures
If you need your Dawnguard/Dragonborn DLC to be in a specific order for another mod to work, but want Hentai Creatures to behave properly as well, you need to do the following steps.

If you need your load-order to keep like this:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

You will have to change the order in the Masters List of the above three ESPs. DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS UNLESS YOU ARE CONFIDENT EDITING ESPs.

1.a) Get Wrye Bash here. You will need this or TES5Edit to modify the ESP's recognised Load-Order. (I am using Wrye Bash though)
1. B) If you don't have your Load Order sorted already by LOOT or something else. Do it. Now.
2) Open Wrye Bash, let it open your Skyrim Load Order, and find the following ESPs:
SexlabNudecreaturesDG.esp
SexlabNudecreaturesDB.esp

Hentaicreatures.esp
If any of these three are tagged Orange by Wrye Bash, you risk complications using the mod correctly because of your load order not matching the Master-list inside the ESP. You will need to either arrange your load order to turn it green by matching the Master-list in the ESP, or edit the Master-list in the ESP it like we are doing here.
3) Click on one of the ESPs, and you will see in the bottom right the "Masters" List.
4) Right-click "Dawnguard.esm" under SexlabNudeCreaturesDG.esp (it should be slot 3) and select "Change To..."
5) When the window opens, find and select "Dragonborn.esm" and click "OK". Dragonborn.esm should now be in slot 2.
6) Repeat steps 4 and 5 but replace the Dragonborn.esm in Slot 3 with Dawnguard.esm.
7) Repeat all above steps for SexlabNudeCreaturesDB.esp and Hentaicreatures.esp.

Too confusing? Here's a visual:

Master-list in SexlabNudeCreaturesDG.esp before edit

Dragonborn.esm
Dawnguard.esm

Master-list in SexlabNudeCreaturesDG.esp after edit

Dawnguard.esm
Dragonborn.esm

Without knowing your load-order we cannot tell you if it's because of a mod conflict or a poorly structured load-order, which are the most common causes; please post your load order (in a read more segment, they can be pretty long).

You can usually find it under:

C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Skyrim 

Another issue is invisible torsos

Guys, sorry for stupid questions but I can't find solutions . 1) when a animation starts, body of my character just vanishes. It becomes invisible. I can see only arms, legs and his head . 2) some animations are missing, I updated behavior , allowed all animations, did everything that I can do , but it doesn't help . Guys, please help , I want to try this mod vary badly .

Turn OFF the "Nudesuit" option(s) in the Sexlab Framework MCM menu, it sounds like you have that turned on but are using SOS or SAM neither of which need that ancient hack.

Another issue is widely separated actors in an animation: sometimes it's fixed by switching sexlab profile (or deleting the .json) and sometimes it's just a screwy animation (noticed this on fresh installs on a new harddrive myself; making list of offending animations [wip] but so far *knocks on wood* these are exclusive to non-creature scenes)

There's one more item i'd like to point out, and that's load order (right pane in MO) for loverslab masters.

skyrim

update

dawnguard

hearthfires

dragonborn

USLEEP

SOS - core

HDThighheel

Sexlab

CreatureFramework

SexLabAroused

DeviousDevices-Assets

ZazAnimationPack

DeviousDevices-Integration

DeviousDevices-Expansion

(obviously, if you don't have any of the above, just ignore that entry)

my own personal rant:

most of loverslab modifications (that aren't followers/items/places/utilities) that are BDSM/bestiality/rape oriented are going to be scripted (with varying levels of papyrus load)...you've got to accept the fact Skyrim (vanilla) was buggy and slightly unstable to begin with so modding it even a little is risky business. If something is going to conflict with your game you have to make hard decisions about which to deinstall and walk away from. I myself have a very low end computer so avoid ENBs, HD graphics, followers, gimmick armors/weapons, new locations, overhauls...yet i'm still up to 165mods according to wrye bash.
My rule of thumb is to avoid any old mods that haven't been updated since 2013, and i look for newer versions (say like sexlab aroused redux, or radiant prostitution 3, devious helpless patched, and the prisonoverhaul patches)

The reason I recommend MO is that 'installation order' (right pane) is the culprit most times when it comes to getting animations working correctly, and experimenting with this order manually or through NMM will send you off the deep end if you have lots of mods...and, believe me, your first forays into modding will be exactly that: troubleshooting via installation order via pure guesswork (because one mod author might instruct you to order them differently than another)...there's a earthshattering difference between thinking "shit, i gotta reinstall everything all over again" and "oh, well, maybe i'll just drag and drop x mod to virtually install before y"

protip:  Chronotrigger77's mod has explicit and very reliable installation order you can follow that i find bulletproof.

The author of the mod "FNIS" (fore) makes reference to when you need to click "de-install creatures" button in his FNIS generate for users:

In addition, when you uninstall a mod that uses FNIS Creatures, you first have press the "De-Install Creatures" button, before you run the "Update FNIS Behaviors"

Lastly, but not least, markdf was kind enough to make a SLAL pack for MNC. (i don't use it myself since i'm happy with MNC, although i do use other SLAL packs)

SEXLAB HOTKEYS

Is there a way to change the animation when starting the training? I've seen a few different animations when starting before, but I can not find a way to switch to which one I want. 

Example: I've seen wolf doggystyle animation, and I've seen wolf BJ animation. I see "Change Animation Set" but pressing the key for it (Default is "0") does not change the animation. It stays the same until either finishing or being ended. I can press Space to jump to the next scene but not change the animation. Any help?

Edit: Figured out the problem. The key was actually "O" but in the MCM it was displayed as a "0".

FNIS FIRST AID FOR MO

if you read fore's FNIS stickied posts in his comments section on nexus, he says

Half-T pose of all characters (or other strange animation bugs despite correct FNIS generation). Sometimes the Skyrim cache is messed up for unknown reason. Run the Steam VerifyCache: Steam Client -> The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -> "Right mouse button" -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify integrity ...

FNIS mods First Aid Instructions for Mod Organizer users

MO is a very intelligent and helpful mod manager, and makes many things so easy. But it also includes some traps that are very nasty. FNIS has a lot of error and warnning checks, right? But due to the structure of MO, FNIS is rather helpless against these pit-falls. So if you experience unexplainable usage problems with FNIS mods under Mod Organizer, then check and do the following steps.

• Remove the following files and folders (necessary only once)

meshes/animation*.txt
meshes/actors/character/behaviors
meshes/actors/character/animations/*FNIS* (folders)
scripts/*FNIS*.pex
(Explanation: these remnant files are from the time when you used NMM or manual install. In case you make make a mistake using FNIS under MO, they can make you believe that everything is in shape and render FNIS checks useless)

• In the left MO pane, have you unticked the FNIS Overwrite mod before running FNIS?
  • You didn't forget to run FNIS, did you? :)
  • Have you taken care of ALL warnings and especially ERRORS in the FNIS generator window?
  • After FNIS generation, did you create an FNIS Overwrite mod (called "FNIS Output", for example)
  • PCEA2: did you check meshes/actors/character/animations/FNIS_PCEA2/PCEA2_Overview.txt to see what is actually included?
  • Did you tick "FNIS Output" in the left pane before starting "SKSE"?
  • When the game starts, you didn't get any error message boxes which you simply clicked off?
  • If you have run your current save already with an older version of the FNIS mod: did you make a clean(ed) save? Especially when the old version has had issues.

If made all this, and you still have (strange) issues
  • Post your problem in the FNIS POSTS thread (I will NOT help by pm)
  • Add the text of the generator output to your report
  • And PLEASE: make a PRECISE description of your problem, including an example I can try to reproduce. I can get very nasty on posts like "My animations don't work. Is there a fix?"

• 1 month later...

I think the recommended save cleaner tool mention here is not reliable.

Still not working?

Try running the SKYRIM Save Cleaner utility, just be sure to READ THE PROVIDED INSTRUCTIONS

Even Arthmoor recommends people to use Hadoram's Save Game Script Cleaner tool, which I also use and so far no issues had occured in my game due for using that tool.

The Information Baked Into Saves thread that Arthmoor posted is a good read and I suggest that anyone here who hasn't read it yet should read it.

I think the recommended save cleaner tool mention here is not reliable.

Still not working?

Try running the SKYRIM Save Cleaner utility, just be sure to READ THE PROVIDED INSTRUCTIONS

Even Arthmoor recommends people to use Hadoram's Save Game Script Cleaner tool, which I also use and so far no issues had occured in my game due for using that tool.

The Information Baked Into Saves thread that Arthmoor posted is a good read and I suggest that anyone here who hasn't read it yet should read it.

aye, and there's a newer verson of a save cleaner tool, but for the life of me i don't have it bookmarked. my bad. *rummage* ah ha! here we go.

"Script Scalpel has a difficult UI and is a bit slow. SaveTool has quite limited filtering options (but holy cow is it ever FAST). And neither of them can load savegames that use the new file format introduced in crash fixes 10. Script Scalpel locks up, and SaveTool crashes almost instantly. This only affects people with heavy mod loads, but it's a gamebreaker when it happens. ReSaver is intended to correct those problems."

crazy how often one will breeze by something so essential without Ctrl+B

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to keep some clothes on during animations?

Um.....did you read the OP (opening post)?  If you had, you'd realize this is NOT the right place to ask questions.

Please take the time to READ the PINNED threads and as they clearly tell you how and where to ask questions (hint - cough......Sexlab Tech support Section....cough......new thread......cough.....)

Is there a way to keep some clothes on during animations?

Um.....did you read the OP (opening post)?  If you had, you'd realize this is NOT the right place to ask questions.

Please take the time to READ the PINNED threads and as they clearly tell you how and where to ask questions (hint - cough......Sexlab Tech support Section....cough......new thread......cough.....)

okay

• 5 months later...

I read all of them, even the two diverse responses to "Sexlab won't install past 93%", deleted, reinstalled and removed the goddamn mod but SOMEHOW it will NEVER go past 3% install after doing every goddamned instruction to the letter.

Nexus has failed me.

Is it possible to manually implant EACH file inside a steam Skyrim itself? Would that cure the problem?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2018 at 4:19 AM, demonfiren said:

tbh the (barely-)passive-aggressiveness of the op makes me more inclined to figure shit out entirely by myself

Good for you...

I believe that was the intention of the OP. Try to figure it out on your own... use the info and guidelines given to you (do your homework) then... then come and post  a problem. ;)

Too many people post... "it doesn't work, how do I fix it?" and that is about all they give. Seriously, that is the fact. People here (including Ashal) wants to help when there is a problem but not repeat for the 1 millionth time an answer that has already been covered if the user just read the OP and support documents ;)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/9/2018 at 2:42 AM, RitualClarity said:

Good for you...

I believe that was the intention of the OP. Try to figure it out on your own... use the info and guidelines given to you (do your homework) then... then come and post  a problem. ;)

Too many people post... "it doesn't work, how do I fix it?" and that is about all they give. Seriously, that is the fact. People here (including Ashal) wants to help when there is a problem but not repeat for the 1 millionth time an answer that has already been covered if the user just read the OP and support documents ;)

the main problem about that is that there is no way for someone who doesn't make mods themselves to know why it doesn't work.

they basically have to learn how all that stuff works up to a degree where they could start creating their own mods, to understand why their mod setup doesnt work.

i do understand that it is annoying to answer the same questions again and again, but then again how should one find that question answered before if it is well hidden somewhere within a wall of text.

things that would help:

- an example loadorder with explanations of which mods are excluding eachother due to incompatibility

- same as above, but with which mods should overwrite which other mod

- modauthors actually explaining what their mods' (MCM) settings do

- an updated mod index list

7 hours ago, DeadSomething said:

the main problem about that is that there is no way for someone who doesn't make mods themselves to know why it doesn't work.

they basically have to learn how all that stuff works up to a degree where they could start creating their own mods, to understand why their mod setup doesnt work.

i do understand that it is annoying to answer the same questions again and again, but then again how should one find that question answered before if it is well hidden somewhere within a wall of text.

things that would help:

- an example loadorder with explanations of which mods are excluding eachother due to incompatibility

- same as above, but with which mods should overwrite which other mod

- modauthors actually explaining what their mods' (MCM) settings do

- an updated mod index list

Not true... (learning up to the point that they start making their own mods) I don't and I can get mods installed.

The ideal way is there is a detailed instructions with steps that anyone can follow available. Then when someone like yourself comes along with a problem understanding a section they can quote that section (partially etc )then give a explanation of what they are confused about. Often times it is just explaining it a different way helps. you are correct in those mod authors that don't give proper instructions.

Also you missed the point as well when there is the same question asked over and over again (when there is info available) many of those people asking that question made no attempt to read or understand the instructions that were given. I have created many guides and such and they post something that is clearly in the instructions and their question shows they made no attempt to read or understand what was given. I.E asking for clarification on a point that was made in the instructions.

That is basically what this post is about.  Also... I was like WTF? I had forgotten about this thread... lol.

I have a challenge for you.... the challenge is to write up a guide for one of your favorite mods that you got working.. Put in all those details that you are demanding and see what and how large it is to create. I have a guide that is currently 22 pages long.. it doesn't even have the info details that you re requesting... Who can do that?  Very few people. .. then you add changes cause your work to become obsolete. There is another side to the story. fortunately, there are many support individuals helping he author(s) out with those that don't understand what is going on.

i totally agree with those repeated questions and a complete guide is always going to be long and i have a high respect for those people who invest their time and energy and write those guides.

i just mean a complete install instruction for a single mod with correct install and loadorder for this specific mod's position within any larger install.

reading a mod's description before installing is an absolute essential step, so i always do that.

But many mod authors even begin their description text with a 10-20 lines long wall of text about something noone will want to know if they first of all want to see what that mod will do and if it will be compatible with the users already installed mods to decide IF they want that mod.

then, install instructions often lead to pages of presumed dependencies that were abandoned years ago or sometimes miss listing (some) required dependencies.

or they miss explaining that they will only work if another LL mod is configured in a specific way.

what i meant about "needing to know enough to start creating their own mods" was all that stuff about loadorder, ini-tweaking, "dirty edits", how ESM/ESP work, how animation->skeleton->model works ... and once you know that, you can open TESEdit or the niftools and photoshop and start creating your own mods.

i just mean a complete install instruction for a single mod with correct install and loadorder for this specific mod's position within any larger install.

That would be nice to have basic load order shown but, there are many differences that can occur between different setups and many authors don't understand the various complexities when they create something. For most Framework mods there are. Like Oblivion's and even Sexout has it.  To be clear however, those frameworks are much more ridged than Sexlab and more modern ones in regards as to what goes where. (as I understand it)  I beileve it is better for the user to understand what they are doing. Understand if they want something to "win" then need to put it lower. Understand how to use some of the tools available like XXXedit to run LOOT and other established tools. These not only will help find the problems but help resolve a problem if the author didn't know about. (for example I had a component of Sexlab installed in another mod unknown to the author and had serious issues with conflict and getting things to work. In this case the mod manager (MOD Organizer) shown conflicts which then helped me figure out that I had a problem)  You can give a fish and a person will eat for a day, teach them to fish and they can eat for a lifetime... same with moding. They (the user) will eventually have to learn the basics of the tools, managers and basic function of modding )  Not to say I don't agree with you.

But many mod authors even begin their description text with a 10-20 lines long wall of text about something noone will want to know if they first of all want to see what that mod will do and if it will be compatible with the users already installed mods to decide IF they want that mod.

There should be a standardized format for a mods download OP. That would make it easier... however, how many want to be told what to do ? Some ..(several) will say "fuck it" and just not upload their mod. I have several mods that are from known authors that just decided to say that.  Some are retired authors that I managed to get their mods up on a site just because I wrote the OP and the admin transferred the ownership to them after.  Some are just in it for the creation of the mod, donn't want to maintain it much less write a detailed OP on it.

install instructions often lead to pages of presumed dependencies that were abandoned years ago or sometimes miss listing (some) required dependencies.

Most of those abandoned dependencies are due to the nature of modding and people coming and leaving (often with their mods) and or major changes in scope of the mod (causing conflicts with older mods) This IMO can't be fixed with the current setup of how mod authorship is done. Long time ago mods were contributed to the community and if they got out of date and the author didn't respond... well someone else would step in and make the needed fixes to get it up to snuff. Now.... all copyright and shit. Heaven forbid someone fixes someone else's shit.

r they miss explaining that they will only work if another LL mod is configured in a specific way.

That does really need to be added to ops.. however, I rarely see such issues. perhaps it is just my inactivity in modding my games currently or where and what I do on these sites

what i meant about "needing to know enough to start creating their own mods" was all that stuff about loadorder, ini-tweaking, "dirty edits", how ESM/ESP work, how animation->skeleton->model works ... and once you know that, you can open TESEdit or the niftools and photoshop and start creating your own mods.

To install mods you shouldn't need to know about dirty edits and how to fix it. The author should clean their own mods. IMO it is simple enough for them and since they know what they did ... it should be much safer as well.  You also shouldn't need to know how animations etc work.. just that you need to know which ones to install.  Finally, the above isn't all needed to really start creating mods. Sure simple mods like a re-texture and / or some basic weapons and such but for more complex mods you need to know scripting and other tools.  Now, currently with how some mods are created and what serious mistakes have been made by the author that the user needs to fix (plus old incompatible mods etc) one does need to know the above with a bit of experience, to go in to fix these said mods. however, if the author did their work... cleaned their mods, and made sure in-intented edits and alterations haven't been added to their mods that aren't needed... you really don't need much but a load order, any configurations (from other mods and the mod in question) run loot, check the esps needed and start the game. That is the goal.  Frameworks however are more complex.  They should have a guide or at least a basic configuration to make sure the user has it installed properly and can test it before they continue.  Like Sexlab and Matchmaker... Load up and run it .. test and you know your shit is working.. then if something fucks up.. it is among the additional mods. Example in Sexout is Sexout and Sexkey. AAF is its requirements tat are listed and a single animation mod .. test and good.

I believe we are on the same page.. except i believe more in the user needs to learn the basic tools and knowledge to mod... you seem to want it to be explained in more detail for those that don't have this basic framework.  AS for mod info ... we agree on most, except you want more details where I believe the mod should be setup properly so that the basic tools are used by the user of the mods to solve most of the issues. Anything outside of those needs to be explicitly indicated. (like custom configurations and such) which for the most part... in my experience has been done. There are exceptions to the rule of course.

Now back to the actual OP.. This is here because most people don't read or even try to give the best efforts to read the info that has been given. The time given to give detailed instructions and other info as Ashal has done. Detailed instructions on how to work through the needed problems, along with descriptions of the issues and what they might be. etc etc. Just popping in and saying .. "my shit do'nt work help me"  That is another problem.  A problem that I don't believe most users understand is the major contributor to mod author burnout. Authors like Ashal that has done a very reasonable job at giving info and resources. There are resources for Sexout as well that can help you with your problems (as well as other frameworks and such) but nobody even gives any effort. No .. hey it sates this.. I don't understand what I am to do with this.. and shows what the person is asking about. I can assure you with 10000% confidence when I post a question for clarification using the author's instructions I have gotten an answer that was concise and to the point in a very short time from the author.. or one of his/her major supporters.  When I had Sexlab installed and ran into a problem I went through the support documentation and on the rare occasion it didn't .. I reported all the info requested... another thing not done .. not even basic info like load order is given when a request for support is asked.  AAF has a tool on their discord that helps verify the basics are setup.. when asked to use it and post the results. .. people fight... they literally fight at that request. Ignore it until they realize that they will get jack shit until they do.  Users aren't following basic requirements even when those are indicated.  The user needs to do their homework even if it is from day one completely inexperienced. This is the reason for this post as I see it. It is also the reason many authors don't respond to the same questions posted often times answered on the very page the poster just posted in a few post above their post.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2020 at 9:36 AM, RitualClarity said:

This is the reason for this post as I see it. It is also the reason many authors don't respond to the same questions posted often times answered on the very page the poster just posted in a few post above their post.

i always read the OP and almost always, read the first page of replies and sometimes the last page of replies to see if there are FAQs that have been answered there already and haven't been adopted into the OP.

I thought about some of the previous post you made. Perhaps you could come up with a strongly suggested framework for mod authors to use. A sort of Copy paste into their OP and then fill in the necessary info.  It would be useful for many as they might forget to post some photos or captures, credits, permissions, instructions, and even a loose load order. ...  with a framework they would have all that there to follow and fill in .. Kind of like one of those Word Templates. Thoughts?  I mention this as you seem to have done your homework with mods and have experience with these missing pieces of info and a good concept on a general flow for the OP to follow.  For users, it would create a standard that would make it easier for mod users to follow, expected info to be present and the like.