How I can tell you didn't actually read the FAQ. In other words; read the fucking pinned threads!

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/22241-sexlab-support-troubleshooting-guide-read-me-first/?p=549438

Here's a fun game! Count the number of threads on the first page of this section that, without being asked, include a debug log or really any sort of useful information that indicates they may have actually read the troubleshooting guide (hint: FNIS outputs and load orders are not even remotely useful information in 95% of the posts that include them). Then do what I do and sigh heavily as you die a little inside.

Maybe if you wrap the text message in some hilarious meme or image macro?

Or Make a Flash animation that flashes the text?

Other than that, it's unfortunate that not many people do not actually read the painstaking guides/descriptions/changelogs that are written mostly for their benefit instead of just releasing a mod and say 'Have At It'.

Very indepth.. added the link into my spoiler so that I always have it handy... :)

I have a question regarding papuris logs. ( I finally turned it on... ) The question is related to MO and where it holds that file. I do assume that with MO the paprus log won't be in the standard folder My Games\Skyrim\Logs\Script\. In MO won't that be in the Modorganizer/Logs folder? If not where would the proper log be at in MO. Yes I know this is a simple question but I want to be sure so that I can at least attempt to follow the instructions before asking for help. I had some strange issues the last time playing Skyrim and I want to be ready with the proper info if I ask for help.

Very indepth.. added the link into my spoiler so that I always have it handy... :)

I have a question regarding papuris logs. ( I finally turned it on... ) The question is related to MO and where it holds that file. I do assume that with MO the paprus log won't be in the standard folder My Games\Skyrim\Logs\Script\. In MO won't that be in the Modorganizer/Logs folder? If not where would the proper log be at in MO. Yes I know this is a simple question but I want to be sure so that I can at least attempt to follow the instructions before asking for help. I had some strange issues the last time playing Skyrim and I want to be ready with the proper info if I ask for help.

MO doesn't change the location of the papyrus logs, they still show up in Documents/My Games/Skyrim/Logs/Script/

When Skyrim hit the Summer Sales in Steam, there was a short argument about requesting Skyrim Sale F.I.F.A.Q.* thread to get pinned.

It was decided that pinning a thread would be the most effective way to make it completely invisible for others.

It is like a curse, really. If it is pinned, then users ignore it. :angry:

I can understand the frustration.

*= Frequently Ignored Frequently Asked Questions

MO doesn't change the location of the papyrus logs, they still show up in Documents/My Games/Skyrim/Logs/Script/

I learned the hard way that even though MO doesn't change the location of the papyrus logs you still have to go into the MO/profiles/default - or whatever your MO profile name is and adjust the .ini files there. I had to do that with installing the ENB through MO, and when I had to "nuke" the last install of Skyrim. Thankfully now I shouldn't have to re-install all of those mods again, just created a back up of the Vanilla Skyrim using 7zip and then only have to nuke it and not all of the Mods at the same time...that's going to save a ton of time. ;)

Anyway that was my mistake last time not knowing to change the profile .ini settings through MO; I was only looking at the Documents/My Games/Skyrim/whatever -  Lesson learned and won't be making that mistake again. 

When Skyrim hit the Summer Sales in Steam, there was a short argument about requesting Skyrim Sale F.I.F.A.Q.* thread to get pinned.

It was decided that pinning a thread would be the most effective way to make it completely invisible for others.

It is like a curse, really. If it is pinned, then users ignore it. :angry:

I can understand the frustration.

*= Frequently Ignored Frequently Asked Questions

People ignore these useful threads. I don't understand why. They are there to help. At least read it and try to use it in a way that you tried to the best of your perhaps limited skill to follow it. .. The reason is soon people start to realize that you are someone that won't even try to help yourself and tech support starts to slack and slack more until you are waiting a few days for help. ..

Snip

I learned the hard way that even though MO doesn't change the location of the papyrus logs you still have to go into the MO/profiles/default - or whatever your MO profile name is and adjust the .ini files there. I had to do that with installing the ENB through MO, and when I had to "nuke" the last install of Skyrim. Thankfully now I shouldn't have to re-install all of those mods again, just created a back up of the Vanilla Skyrim using 7zip and then only have to nuke it and not all of the Mods at the same time...that's going to save a ton of time. ;)

Anyway that was my mistake last time not knowing to change the profile .ini settings through MO; I was only looking at the Documents/My Games/Skyrim/whatever -  Lesson learned and won't be making that mistake again. 

You don't need to do something as complex as navigate the folders to find this file. You can use the toolbar above MO the funny looking puzzle piece with one being red and click on that. YOu can then edit the .ini files of both the Skyrim and the Skyrim prefs there. Useful if for some reason you are using some ENB's or other mods that require some .ini configurations in the Prefs etc.

If you create a "new" profile you need to do this again to that profile. If you "copy" a profile you don't. At least you need to check before you run into an issue that requires Papus logs.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/22241-sexlab-support-troubleshooting-guide-read-me-first/?p=549438

Then do what I do and sigh heavily as you die a little inside.

Roughly one half of all my posts here on LL (which is a shit load) point people towards a pinned thread.  As Ashal said, a small part of me dies each time.

obligatory

1386645667739.jpg

*On topic*

Let's hope this message somehow informs people.

I seldom ask a question about a problem because I've learned reading install instructions and a mods OP usually answers any question and if it doesnt its usually a load order problem....or a result of 211 mods running melting my computer. When I do post a question it almost always has been something completely simple that I overlooked because I was busy looking for something way more complicated. I for one swear to reread all pinned posts, hense why I'm blathering away on this one lol

Thing is, the "post new topic" button is more showy than the pinned threads. People on the internet are lazy by nature, when they have an issue they push the showy button instead of reading the already existing topics. If you could maybe put the "start new topic", say, at the end of the page while at the same time highlighting the pinned threads in a showy color instead of the generic blue that would force them to actually scroll down and at the same time read the thread they're on.

Psychologically speaking, since the whole website is filled with blue colors, text written in blue tends to be unremarkable, even if it's pinned you just subconsciously jump over it, even if the answer to your issue is written right there. Add to that the fact that the people asking for help are probably used to the Nexus or other websites where there are more mods to downloads than forum posts. It may be overkill to modify the whole website just for a few people who just don't want to read tho, I dunno 

You could pop up an alert saying "Have you read the pinned threads yet?" with a link to the page with the pinned threads like Nexus does with the new "Did you endorse these yet?"  ;)  ...

(runs away ducking the various rocks and knives thrown..)

[waves white flag...]  Seriously though Rfm makes a good point that maybe making the text stand out more might help.  However, we have also learned through experience that even it was a 48 pt font in bright red that flashes and spins around and plays Iron Maidens "The Trooper" at max volume, it will get ignored because people just do not want to make a small effort and would rather people fix it for them now...

post-61020-0-22412900-1404829401_thumb.jpg

Pinned Threads! Now featuring less ignorability! (maybe a little to much less...?)

Perfect.

Although I would have gone more of a shade of hot pink to give the impression of ultra sexy time if you click on the pinned threads. Just sayin

And about the start new topic botton.

Remove the link to make a new thread from the top of the webpage leave only the bottom one. Not the top so the first reaction isn't, OH HEY LETS MAKE A NEW TOPIC TO RANT/POST A STUPID QUESTION BECAUSE I DON"T HAVE THE PATIENCE TO READ instead there's OOO COLOR CONTRAST LETS CLICK THIS :D

IT's like Homer says.

tumblr_m92j6pYpWx1qcb5fko1_500.jpg

Pinned Threads! Now featuring less ignorability! (maybe a little to much less...?)

Perfect.

Although I would have gone more of a shade of hot pink to give the impression of ultra sexy time if you click on the pinned threads. Just sayin

Move it to the bottom of the webpage. Not the top so the first reaction isn't, OH HEY LETS MAKE A NEW TOPIC TO RANT instead there's OOO COLOR CONTRAST LETS CLICK THIS :D

^ other then the hot pick idea (personally something for fitting to rage would be more ideal) your ideas are golden

Perfect.

Remove the link to make a new thread from the top of the webpage leave only the bottom one. Not the top so the first reaction isn't, OH HEY LETS MAKE A NEW TOPIC TO RANT/POST A STUPID QUESTION BECAUSE I DON"T HAVE THE PATIENCE TO READ instead there's OOO COLOR CONTRAST LETS CLICK THIS :D

IT's like Homer says.

tumblr_m92j6pYpWx1qcb5fko1_500.jpg

^ other then the hot pick idea (personally something for fitting to rage would be more ideal) your ideas are golden

Updated my original post.

But the point is to make ignoring pinned threads and actually using a few minutes to actually look for information before posting anything TO BE LESS OF A HASSLE than creating a completely new thread just to ask a question that's been asked for the 1000xxxxxth time.

If you can't see the post new topic button right away, the thought is cast away from the mind of an ignorant being almost immediately.

Darkened it some to fit better with the sites skin, still much more noticeable but a little less out of place looking. Still not perfect, but meh, good enough for me, unless somebody good with colors or css wants to come along and make some suggested tweaks to make it look better while maintaining visibility. 

I actually like the new stickies. One issue I loved in this old forum I used to moderate was the stickies were a different color.. then it got a revamp and stickies just meshed with everything else.

Stickies as they are now are easily readible, seperate from any element on the page (glad you didn't go with blue since it could be skipped thinking it's another element of the page).

I'm going to be the crotchety old man my avatar suggests (even though I'm 25) and say no hot pink. Maintain maturity, damnit.

Darkened it some to fit better with the sites skin, still much more noticeable but a little less out of place looking. Still not perfect, but meh, good enough for me, unless somebody good with colors or css wants to come along and make some suggested tweaks to make it look better while maintaining visibility.

It looks good as is to me.

Not too flashy as to be overpowering. Not too unflashy as to be ignored.

As a graphics designer, I've always enjoyed how clean this site looked. Not that I know web design

The only thing I would suggest is the title text color needs to "darkened" up a little bit.  I used #0099FF as a test on the page and the header text seemed a little more readable to me.  Of course this also depends on the user's monitor and color settings.  Just a suggestion.