Is there a way to lower the hight where the tail meets your characters body?

Yes. If you are able to open and edit each tails' .nif file (or just the one of your choice), you can move the 'POS Tail' and 'POS TailSpine' nodes down some units. After that you can save and re-equip the item to test--It might require some trial and error, but maybe start with -10 or -15 units down the Z axis for Translation. Be sure to save a backup of the original files just in case. Hope this helps!

I can't promise I'll be able to come out with a new version with the tails preadjusted, but if I ever have the time, I'll see what I can do with it. I do want to get more stable tail movement first though.

Is there a way to lower the hight where the tail meets your characters body?

Yes. If you are able to open and edit each tails' .nif file (or just the one of your choice), you can move the 'POS Tail' and 'POS TailSpine' nodes down some units. After that you can save and re-equip the item to test--It might require some trial and error, but maybe start with -10 or -15 units down the Z axis for Translation. Be sure to save a backup of the original files just in case. Hope this helps!

I can't promise I'll be able to come out with a new version with the tails preadjusted, but if I ever have the time, I'll see what I can do with it. I do want to get more stable tail movement first though.

sweet thank you, but do I use tes5edit or something else?

• 1 month later...

I get the spazzy tails with all of them, and honestly I think the spazzing nature occurs most commonly when the tail is trying to move in one direction whilst you are moving in its opposite. Often I found the tail twisting upwards to the left, sometimes forcing itself upside down, with this cycle repeating I wound up with "zig-zag" tails and VERY frequent shooting into all corners.

I tried editing and replacing the XML and all my HDT related necessities are up to date, my FPS usually sits between 20 and 40 but the framerate has never had an impact on any other HDT item I have used (including other tails).

Would like to continue using this mod, but I simply cannot stand how often the spazzing occurs. When it did work it was very pretty, but it was brief. Thanks for trying though!

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I think some people (me for example) could live with dragon tails, which are awesome btw, without HDT physics.

Yeah, I know, for most people, that'd kill the purpose, but I f.e. don't really care for HDT, more trouble than worth IMHO. Tried to use the tail without HDT, but it was stuck between my legs, pointing forward, which was - as you can imagine - not so cool. So, my question / request would be - could you add the tails which behave like the vanilla khajit tails, some minimal movement or positioning maybe, but not HDT physics movement as a separate download file? Also, it'd be nice if there were enchantable versions as well.

Also, thanks for your work!

Edited by RpRhun
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wanted to stop by and thank you for making this mod! While I am having issues with spazzing tails, it doesn't spaz out for too long before returning to a resting state. But have followed the advice in this thread of removing and re-wearing the tail to reset the physics, works for a while, then another tail seizure. I'm guessing it is my hardware, since I'm using an older processor, but newer graphics card.

Either way, love the work so far!

Hi Jacques,

I have just created a Tiefling race mod with a background storyline of her struggle with Molag Bal whilst becoming the Dragonborn. Currently the only dragon tails on Nexus are not suitable. They hang limply and look like a growth on your back rather than a tail.

However, your tails look great on the Tiefling. What are your permission rules? If I use your tails I won't be able to mention Lover's Lab on Nexus. Is it possible for you to make them available there? Or am I whistling in the dark, lol.

post-169769-0-03309100-1437816025_thumb.jpg

post-169769-0-08990400-1437816032_thumb.jpg

Basically, I spose I am asking if I can incorporate your tails into my Tiefling Race as long as I give you the full credit in my post?

Look forward to working something out with you.

Best regards,

dePog

• 2 weeks later...

@jacques

I tried to change the kaleen tail to make it thinner and give it a triangular tip..

Here is a remodeled version of the tail with a triangular tip. I did not do a lot of cleanup work on it, but only just enough to get by. It currently is linked to the "dragon_tail.xml" and Kaleen textures. You can modify it to your liking, but I don't think I'll integrate it into the main mod (at least not yet anyway). The UVs are that of Kaleens, which are a derivative of Khajiit tails, so retextures might not look very good unless those are modified to better fit the demon tail itself. The .zip file only contains the resouce .nif files, so do with it what you will.

attachicon.gifhdt_demon_tail.zip

Hope it helps!

The tail looks great....except for how it has no textures and is just a glowing purple tail. Am I suppose to use something to give it the texture I want?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, regarding the tail going beserk, I have found that if I change the xml file for my body to something with "No Collisions" it calms my tail down. I am currently using Standard - No Collisions from threedeedevil

Also need some help if anybody knows the answer - I am trying to move the dragon tails down the spine an inch or two. When I move them in Nifscope the tails appear lower on standard races (Nord, Redguard, etc), but they don't move on my custom race (Lunari). Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,

dePog

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Works with multiple horn mods for me, so it's more likely something  on your end. Btw just wanted to say thanks for this mod, I actually ended up using the tail with the spear pointy end you helped convert for one of the guys here as it was flesh colored and easy to match to the body. Love the physics also, it's much better then the Nexus mod as the physics there are very unnatural and the tail moves like rope rather then something that is part of a living body. This one is just very well balanced.

I had the same problem at first with the tail going mental but this was due to my fps settings, once I put a fps cap on the game it has been working without a flaw. This is really nice work, thanks!

Works with multiple horn mods for me, so it's more likely something  on your end. Btw just wanted to say thanks for this mod, I actually ended up using the tail with the spear pointy end you helped convert for one of the guys here as it was flesh colored and easy to match to the body. Love the physics also, it's much better then the Nexus mod as the physics there are very unnatural and the tail moves like rope rather then something that is part of a living body. This one is just very well balanced.

I had the same problem at first with the tail going mental but this was due to my fps settings, once I put a fps cap on the game it has been working without a flaw. This is really nice work, thanks!

Originally you misunderstood me, I wasn't saying ANY horn mod, a specific one that shares ID tags because it has the same tails in this mod in it too. However after playing for a bit it just kinds resolved itself, so it doesn't matter it does work it just takes a few loading screens it seems before it starts to recognize it.

Edit: Nvm I was mistaken, it still doesn't seem to be working. It works fine with the tails not sharing this mods IDs:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53746/

• 1 month later...

Here is a remodeled version of the tail with a triangular tip. I did not do a lot of cleanup work on it, but only just enough to get by. It currently is linked to the "dragon_tail.xml" and Kaleen textures. You can modify it to your liking, but I don't think I'll integrate it into the main mod (at least not yet anyway). The UVs are that of Kaleens, which are a derivative of Khajiit tails, so retextures might not look very good unless those are modified to better fit the demon tail itself. The .zip file only contains the resouce .nif files, so do with it what you will.

attachicon.gifhdt_demon_tail.zip

Hope it helps!

maybe someone can help but im having an issue getting the demon tail to work a second time. i describe the problem in detail on:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/21384-shaydows-vampirelord-overhaul-v2-12814/page-17

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/54812-problem-with-hdt-tails/

please help

tama

• 1 month later...

Okay. Just downloaded this mod the other day and it works beautifully...until I go to 1st person mode for any reason. Then the tail spazzes out, flinging itself randomly in all directions, and nothing but completely restarting the game fixes it. I play a Succubus from the Succubus Race mod and, until then, was actually trying to find a way to make the the Odahviing tail come out in place of the default one when I go Succubus form. Had limited success. Got the tail to appear, and work properly, but the horns unfortunately swayed around as well as I walked (weird). When I went 1st person with Succubus Form, tail spazzed out, but horns just swayed "normally" and turning Succubus Form off and back on again, corrected the tail.

Either way, beautiful mod as long as I stay in 3rd person and don't mind being unable (with my limited skills) to attach it to my Succubus Form, but beings I play mostly in 1st person, and just fall back to 3rd person to enjoy the view from time to time, I can't make it work. Just wanted to make you aware that 1st person view causes my tail to spaz out 100% of the time.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity, will there be a foxtail or lion-like tail sometime? (the skyrim cow one might do fine)

I finally got the tails to work nicely in my game and removed the old one i used from nexus, but it had more variety which I am starting to miss a little.

• 2 months later...