Hey there. Is there any way to make this work with the Ningheim? :o For me the tails are either don't show at all or just float stiff in the air.

The issue with the tails not showing could be because of the custom race--if so, you may need to have the race load before the tails plugin. If that does not work, you may need to set the race as a required master file for this mod and toggle the visibility for the tails for that particular race. I have added a Ningheim-compatible .esp on the first post, so hopefully that helps.

The stiff tail in the air most likely is a skeleton issue, in that the proper base bone ('NPC Root [Root]' or 'NPC Pelvis [Pelv]') was not found in order for HDTPE to attach to--make sure your race has at least a vanilla-compatible skeleton.

Thanks in advance for the .esp. I'm gonna try that out in a few minutes. Now that you mention a vanilla compatible skeleton. I got the XPMS skeleton enabled + Chesko's weapon positions. Maybe that thing doesn't fit into my grand scheme ^^

EDIT: The .esp works! I can finally enjoy wagging my tail.

The .esp works! I can finally enjoy wagging my tail.

Awesome, I'm glad it works for you.

this is a really cool mod!

is there anyway to have a smaller sized tail for those of us that want a more subtle half dragon?

Thank you. I'm not sure when I'll be able to make smaller variants, but if you know how to use NifSkope, you are welcome to edit the tails' .nif files to your liking to create smaller tails (scaling the 'POS TailSpine' and 'POS TailBone01' nodes in the bone chain should be fine). I'll see about making proper smaller dragon tails if and when I have the time for it.

been trying to get this to work for awhile now and it just wont behave...

I'm using the hdt extended skeleton and the spade succubus tail found somewhere in this thread and the tail just shoots straight out and wiggles/spases *spelling* left and right like crazy.

Any ideas?

I'm using the hdt extended skeleton and the spade succubus tail found somewhere in this thread and the tail just shoots straight out and wiggles/spases *spelling* left and right like crazy.

The skeleton shouldn't be an issue at all. Did you try testing the other tails (namely the dragon tails, since that tail uses the same .xml)? If they spazz out too, then it's your setup--HDTPE is a bit sensitive, so any mods altering the framerate (ENB enable/disable WaitBusyRender, vsync, as well as software/hardware that cause lag in rendering) may make the tails go crazy. I have yet to come up with a more stable solution to that issue. The tails tend to work better indoors than outdoors.

The skeleton shouldn't be an issue at all. Did you try testing the other tails (namely the dragon tails, since that tail uses the same .xml)? If they spazz out too, then it's your setup--HDTPE is a bit sensitive, so any mods altering the framerate (ENB enable/disable WaitBusyRender, vsync, as well as software/hardware that cause lag in rendering) may make the tails go crazy. I have yet to come up with a more stable solution to that issue. The tails tend to work better indoors than outdoors.

I'll look into a few things and see if I can find the culprit. I'll post it here if I figure it out. Thanks for the insight. :)

So it it possible to simple convert physics xml from the mod on the nexus to or for the tails here? Or where could I learn? I think the physics xml on those tails is far better.

Two how would feel about possibly giving your tails to maker of the nexus mod? He seems to use other people tails to make that collection of HDT tails.

So it it possible to simple convert physics xml from the mod on the nexus to or for the tails here? Or where could I learn? I think the physics xml on those tails is far better.

Two how would feel about possibly giving your tails to maker of the nexus mod? He seems to use other people tails to make that collection of HDT tails.

You can't really convert the .xmls as they use different bone names within the .xml. You can convert my tails by way of skinning the mesh of the tails to the beast skeleton tail nodes (using 3ds Max or Blender), then linking to the other modder's tails' xml on the new .nif file. That should give you what you want, more or less.

Because I am not against sharing in the modding community, I would say it is okay to bring the idea up if you want. If the modder decides to use my assets (those of which I derived and edited from the vanilla models), it would be a good etiquette if they gave proper credit.

• 1 month later...

I'm using Nikitaa's Succubus race, do you know how I would replace his devil tail with your dragon ones? And would your HDT physics be applied as well?

Basically, just install my mod, but don't activate the .esp. After installing it, look for the succubus tails to replace and replace the mesh file(s) with the dragon tail you want (you'll need to locate where each tail is located though and be sure to make a backup of the files you are overwriting, just in case).

The HDTPE should work if you have the plugin installed and up to date.

Hope this helps!

I'm using Nikitaa's Succubus race, do you know how I would replace his devil tail with your dragon ones? And would your HDT physics be applied as well?

Basically, just install my mod, but don't activate the .esp. After installing it, look for the succubus tails to replace and replace the mesh file(s) with the dragon tail you want (you'll need to locate where each tail is located though and be sure to make a backup of the files you are overwriting, just in case).

The HDTPE should work if you have the plugin installed and up to date.

Hope this helps!

Hm... Well I've run into a bit of a pickle. After searching for the tail mesh, I found out that the Tail is in fact connected to some of the Wings mesh as well as the horns meshes, rather than a mesh on it's own, which also means it's inanimate and static. Hmm... What now? xD

Hm... Well I've run into a bit of a pickle. After searching for the tail mesh, I found out that the Tail is in fact connected to some of the Wings mesh as well as the horns meshes, rather than a mesh on it's own, which also means it's inanimate and static. Hmm... What now? xD

There are a couple ways you can get to fixing that, but they will require some modding legwork to get it functioning the way you want. I personally would see if the tail is deletable in that mesh file, then I would delete it. After deleting it, I can either use the dragon tail mesh and put it in the same folder, set up a tail armor/addon/object in the .esp that auto equips when the wings equip... or I can use the wing mesh and copy-past all the things in the dragon tail mesh over to the wing mesh (making sure useless nodes are deleted and all dragon tail-related nodes are named exactly the same as the ones found in the original dragon tail mesh file). It's a bit tedious either way, but it should get you what you want.

There are a couple ways you can get to fixing that, but they will require some modding legwork to get it functioning the way you want. I personally would see if the tail is deletable in that mesh file, then I would delete it. After deleting it, I can either use the dragon tail mesh and put it in the same folder, set up a tail armor/addon/object in the .esp that auto equips when the wings equip... or I can use the wing mesh and copy-past all the things in the dragon tail mesh over to the wing mesh (making sure useless nodes are deleted and all dragon tail-related nodes are named exactly the same as the ones found in the original dragon tail mesh file). It's a bit tedious either way, but it should get you what you want.

Thanks for your help mate ^_^

How did Saeros get everything working in his video? Infact I'm going to PM him to ask him about it.

Thank you, thank you THANK YOU for doing this. Especially having the Skeever tail! That makes me so happy, I can finally make my rat queen character.

My only complaint is they're a bit to high on the back. The skeever tail especially; it's coming out of the middle of the lower back. Can you make them thinner, perhaps?

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the Khajiit tail replacer and it was spazzing/floating.

I also tried ShadowsandDust's alternative xml without luck.

In order to fix it, I drastically decreased the spring constants and spring damping values for the constraint limits of all tail bones.

I also changed the collision from Body, Tail to Body, Legs for each of the rigid bodies (the constraints generally prevent self-collision anyway).

My HDT version is 14.28 and so far I've not seen any spasms and it acts nicely.

I've added my edited xml as an attachment.

If anyone else suffered from these problems, give this one a go, and let me know if it helps :-)

hdt_tail_khajiit_xml.zip

I realy love these tails and the animation the only down side is that most of them look like they are just stuck on. I made my own version with the tail from testdragon scaled to suit then curved up at body to blend in. The only problem is i have not a clue how to animate it. I've tried to take a nif from one of your tails and replace the nitrishape with mine but nothing works. Attached is my nif please help. BTW i'm using a bodyslide HDT body SFLC CBBE Body HDT AG and don't have a lot of variation between the minimum and maximum body shape so can get away with having just one tail size 0 and copying it to make the 1 . The nif is in uncorrected Fallout 3 version and still needs changinging to Skyrim format.

My_Dragon_Tail_0.nif

• 4 weeks later...

I created a seperate thread with on this exact topic but have gotten no replies, so I thought I would try it here as well.

I recently installed a mod called Perma from the Nexus, and I had PSQ (Player Succubus Quest) running in my game and I had been using PSQ HDTSuccubus Tail for some time without issue, then for some reason after installing an update for Perma called "PerMa Defluffing Perks" the tail has stopped working, I get no physics, instead it just looks like a harpoon is sticking out of her ass..

Has anyone else here had the same issue, or can maybe offer some advice as to how to fix this issue?

Okay, this is seriously bugging me, so I apologize if it's been stated in the thread, I couldn't find it, but the third picture in the first post has a reptilian scaled skin texture, which mod is that from?

Not sure is this is where that is from, but the tattoo mod "the Coenaculi" on Nexus has scaled overlays that you can use from race menu.  Again, not sure if that was what was used, but may serve your purpose if you are wanting to have scales.

Link:  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35677/?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I have an issue. HDT Tail sometimes work fine

sometimes... i don't know how explain it just look, this crazy moves at high speed in all directions  

Help! How to solve this trouble?

You kind of can't completely 'fix' it ... (yet?) 

You can mitigate it by getting your game running as stable as possible performance wise, such as trying out some of the other XML's available, ensuring that your rig manages to keep Skyrim running at 50 to 60 frames per second at all times, and by reducing load-stuttering any way you can. 

To my experience the tails don't like it if you frame-rate goes bellow 50, that's when problems arise. 

HDT doesn't like frames above 60 either. 

The spazzing tails is just something you're going to have to live with, it'll most likely always be there in it's current iteration, the best you can do is reduce it, but not completely remove it... 

Looks too damn good to pass up though.  :P

• 1 month later...