I love, love love these! Now it's just trying to decide if I want the thinner tails (looking at them ingame now) or sticking with the thicker tails (leaning that way x3) She's not succubus but more of what I imagine the soul of the dragonborn to look like if it were flesh  :D

post-433593-0-20566700-1408898123_thumb.pngpost-433593-0-60654100-1408898207_thumb.pngpost-433593-0-16186700-1408898228_thumb.png

I also second the request for the bigger argonian tails patch!  :heart:

I really Love these tails.

I see you have skinny tails.

Is there any possibility of making shorter tails?

Roughly 60-75% of original length?

With my PSQ transformation I use the 50% size wings and I think a shorter tail would match a lot better.

If it would be too much work to do all of them, the only ones I would use would be alduin's and the new demon-y one.

*edit*

Also. Do you have any plans to make animated Leathery bat type wings to match that new demon-y tail?

hi J.
I came back to bother you..  again! eheheheh! :D
can I ask a favor?
You can make the demon tail a little shorter? 
the final part remains straight (forms a sort of angle) and it seems a bit too long...

ZKxclxH.jpg

you can move the tip where I put the little red circle?
only if you want, of course!

thank you very much!
byeee!

S.

Thanks for the screen shots and I have updated the first post with your images.

Since you guys asked for it, I've also added Argonian tails that are modified to match similarly to the ones found in Bigger Argonian Tails--they can be found under the add-ons. Hope it helps!

Is there any possibility of making shorter tails?

Roughly 60-75% of original length?

With my PSQ transformation I use the 50% size wings and I think a shorter tail would match a lot better.

If it would be too much work to do all of them, the only ones I would use would be alduin's and the new demon-y one.

*edit*

Also. Do you have any plans to make animated Leathery bat type wings to match that new demon-y tail?

I don't think I'll have the time to make legitimately shorter tails as that may require reskinning the meshes instead of simply scaling them down. However, if you can use NifSkope, I would suggest scaling the 'POS TailSpine', 'POS TailSpine', and the 'POS Tail' branches to something less than 1 (0.60 for 60%, 0.75 for 75%, etc.) to get smaller tails.

No, I'm not planning to make new wings at the moment. But maybe someone will!

Here is a tail that is a little bit shorter, though still not refined. During movement, it might look a little better in comparison though. I swapped out the texture paths to use the regular human skin, but if  you do not like it, you are welcome to re-path the textures back to the Kaleen race in NifSkope if you like.

hdt_demon_tail.zip

A question though if you don't mind. Is it possible to make the tails a little more, uh, flaccid?

You can try this .xml to replace whatever tail you want to make extremely flaccid:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/31787-hdt-dragon-tails/?p=867255

Just note that you will need to rename the .xml and put it in the proper directory to replace the physics of the type of you want to be ragdolled. Otherwise, feel free to edit the .xml if you like.

I don't suppose anyone's done any new ears to match those since Calyps' old Animal Ears mod, have they? HDT or not, that is.

I have thought about it, well HDT_PE-enabling the current ears first, but I'll see. No concrete plans as of yet. But if and when I have the time for it, I'll see what I can do.

Has anyone hit on a 'balanced' HDT setup with these that allows for both non-spazzing tails and working breast physics? I'm so far having little luck. If I use the setup posted earlier in this thread, my tails become much more stable (Not perfect, but better); while I completely lose on any other kind of physics. If I use any other physics file I have - I get all the physics, but the tails go absolutely crazy.

Well. The fox tail does, anyway, since that's the one I'm working with.

Edit: For what it's worth, I'm noticing that the tail quite often seems to get twisted or curved into awkward positions as though it has multiple pieces that are fighting with one another before it goes ballistic.

Here is a tail that is a little bit shorter, though still not refined. During movement, it might look a little better in comparison though. I swapped out the texture paths to use the regular human skin, but if  you do not like it, you are welcome to re-path the textures back to the Kaleen race in NifSkope if you like.

attachicon.gifhdt_demon_tail.zip

thank you very much, it works great!  :lol:

you're really too kind! a great person!

bye!

S.

Thanks for the screen shots and I have updated the first post with your images.

Since you guys asked for it, I've also added Argonian tails that are modified to match similarly to the ones found in Bigger Argonian Tails--they can be found under the add-ons. Hope it helps!

Awesome, awesome  :heart: You get all the cookies today :3 

You've got your hands so full lol, the ears would be a kickass edition too! Though I'd be asking for the Loshi ears to be included because I love those big floppy looking ears x3

can I lower down thicker variant of Argonian tail, or it's not something easily configurable? Currently it comes out lower central part of her spine ._.

In fact all tails are a bit too high for my character

Yes, if you know your way around Nifskope, open the tail mesh .nif and unravel the skeleton hierachy in the Block List to access to the bones. You can move the tail down by selecting each block named "POS TailSpine", "POS TailSpine1", and "POS Tail" in the Z-axis one-by one in the Block Details box under the Translation vectors (the lower the numbers, the lower the tail). Since these are bones, there is no need to "Apply" Transforms, so don't do that unless you want to misalign the bones. After you moved the bones, save and test.

I intentionally made these bones moveable in case anyone wanted to modify the position of their tails since I know not all bodies are made the same. Hope this helps!

i guess tail is placed lower but its ending also goes higher I think. Am I right or it's just an illusion? Should i move all other bones down to prevent that?

Side, technical question - I must say long time ago I was working on animation with Blender and tails in my meshes used to have waaaay less bones, like 5-7 for whole tail, so when I saw this skeleton i was a bit astonished. Why this one got that many bones? Is it HDT requirement, or something else like dunno, lack of weighted skeleton deformation support in Skyrim engine?

Anyways - I guess at least in case of Argonian tail it should be more stiff near spine and more flexible near ending. Currently I'm using ragdoll xml because original was heavily glitching during rapid animations. Maybe with more stiff thicker part it'd work better. Does HDT support rigging limiters for child bone rotation? Maybe they could prevent glitches causing tail sometime to be skewed that heavily, that it goes through character body. I don't really know how HDT is working but these are just some points you could take into consideration unless they're possible to be done by HDT. Nevertheless, dynamic tails give a lot of "life" to animal races. Not only PC character, NPCs work even better as they don't usually do any rapid moves. One of better mods I have in collection

i guess tail is placed lower but its ending also goes higher I think. Am I right or it's just an illusion? Should i move all other bones down to prevent that?

I wouldn't suggest moving those bones down but rather rotating the tail downward starting from 'POS Tailbone01' until where ever comfortable, and don't move the NPC bones since those are the bone bound to the mesh itself and that could risk the geometry from looking weird. It could be an illusion since the tail is supposed to be mainly straight and dips down slightly--the physics should make it dip down more, but since it's a kind of lizardy movement, it may lift up a bit.

Side, technical question - I must say long time ago I was working on animation with Blender and tails in my meshes used to have waaaay less bones, like 5-7 for whole tail, so when I saw this skeleton i was a bit astonished. Why this one got that many bones? Is it HDT requirement, or something else like dunno, lack of weighted skeleton deformation support in Skyrim engine?

It's not a requirement, I just added more bones so the movement in dynamics would look better, as well as bend more and not look too bad. Though I do have a habit of stacking bones on top of bones because each serve a certain function.

Does HDT support rigging limiters for child bone rotation? Maybe they could prevent glitches causing tail sometime to be skewed that heavily, that it goes through character body. I don't really know how HDT is working but these are just some points you could take into consideration unless they're possible to be done by HDT. Nevertheless, dynamic tails give a lot of "life" to animal races. Not only PC character, NPCs work even better as they don't usually do any rapid moves. One of better mods I have in collection

Yes, I am able to limit the constraint-join movement range, but that does little to help the erratic behavior. When I have the time, I will try some alternative solutions to solve the glitchy tail movement.

I've noticed that many HDT mods provide own XML files which are changing behvior of other mods eg. I've just installed HDT weapons and it's changing also tail behaviour to really... jelly-like, these files are huge as hell. Is there any quicker option to merge them than reading everything line by line? Tails XML doesn't work with weapons at all i guess, so there should be some XML tag containing config for weapons in their XML, so i could just c&p it to tails one right? At which XML tree level should i look for it? I mean what is rough structure of this XML file. separate mechanics are in different root tags, or there is some common parent element and then tags for each element inside of it, or something else?

Side note - there are fixes for collisions using havok wearable items. It'd be nice for tails so they maybe wouldn't go through rest of body that often. And maybe even collide with static meshes! :o. That would be incredible.

I've noticed that many HDT mods provide own XML files which are changing behvior of other mods eg. I've just installed HDT weapons and it's changing also tail behaviour to really... jelly-like, these files are huge as hell. Is there any quicker option to merge them than reading everything line by line? Tails XML doesn't work with weapons at all i guess, so there should be some XML tag containing config for weapons in their XML, so i could just c&p it to tails one right? At which XML tree level should i look for it? I mean what is rough structure of this XML file. separate mechanics are in different root tags, or there is some common parent element and then tags for each element inside of it, or something else?

Side note - there are fixes for collisions using havok wearable items. It'd be nice for tails so they maybe wouldn't go through rest of body that often. And maybe even collide with static meshes! :o. That would be incredible.

Hm, the tails could be affected by other .xmls, I can suspect that, but I can't say why exactly, if it's true. Which mod is that? And yes, reading the .xml from a text editor may be daunting. I suggest using the JustForFun tool to sort all that out. In concept, yes, you can copy and paste the tail info in it and it should work (but there are certain parts you should copy and I'm not sure if there's a numerical hierarchy you should follow). I can't exactly say what is where by looking at it, but I definitely recommend the tool (if only it had a copy-paste rigid bodies function!)

The physics environment the Skyrim engine uses and the one HDT_PE uses run parallel to each other, I'm not sure if they can even interact with one another (thus why things clip through the floor). I could be wrong, but I never tried integrating the two--from what I understand it needs to be fakes (like binding a collision plane to a base skeleton node to fake a floor effect). But as far as the .nif, yea, I think it is possible to embed Havok colliders in it so it can collide with other things in Skyrim (I haven't tested theis myself so I am unsure how well it will work or perform--I'm still new to the Havok options in NifSkope).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just want to say thanks for this mod. I'm using the Skeletal Dragon Tail (thin), which looks great when added to the dragonbone marauder armour (7b bombshell with tbbp version). The colour of the bone is almost a match for the spinal bones on the back of the armour and lines up with it almost perfectly. If theres one complaint though it would be that the tail could do with being a little shorter, as the tip tries to dig into the ground at times, sort of like a jackhammer digging into concrete, but thats just me being picky.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there. Is there any way to make this work with the Ningheim? :o For me the tails are either don't show at all or just float stiff in the air.

The issue with the tails not showing could be because of the custom race--if so, you may need to have the race load before the tails plugin. If that does not work, you may need to set the race as a required master file for this mod and toggle the visibility for the tails for that particular race. I have added a Ningheim-compatible .esp on the first post, so hopefully that helps.

The stiff tail in the air most likely is a skeleton issue, in that the proper base bone ('NPC Root [Root]' or 'NPC Pelvis [Pelv]') was not found in order for HDTPE to attach to--make sure your race has at least a vanilla-compatible skeleton.