Bittercup Companion TTW

View File

Bittercup Companion TTW

• Based on the original for FO3.
  • Updated for TTW plus working companion wheel.
  • Altered her appearance to be more Bittercupy.
  • Gives her a new gothy custom outfit. (Thanks to Alex, Nagothm, and Loogie.)
  • She now uses the TypeN body. (TypeN NOT required for this mod however!)
  • More and varied idle chatter.
  • Changes outfits when swimming. Defaults to a custom bikini. Changeable via the tactics dialog.
  • Comments if forced to walk around "without apparel".

Latest (Beta) Features

FO3 Main Quest

• Tranquility Lane: Waits next to the exit until the player is done with the simulation, then rejoins.
  • Vault 87/Raven Rock: Is kidnapped with the player and shoved in the same cell. Will recover after Autumn leaves and gets her gear back when the player does.

FO3 DLCs

• Zeta: Gets captured and gets her own cell and joins up with the player after escape. Will also join the player on the spacewalk if following OR will show up with the others after the player completes the spacewalk.
  • Anchorage: Waits outside the pod room until the simulation is finished, then rejoins the player.
  • Point Lookout: Goes trippy with the player at the bog scene and gets brain surgery. Returns to normal when the player does.

FONV DLCs

• OWB: Gets locked up in the medical center. (Same place Christine got locked up.) Needs the force field zappy gun to get her out.

To Do (Not yet in Beta!)

• Point Lookout
  • The Pitt
  • Old World Blues
  • Dead Money
  • The Thorn
  • Point Lookout cut-scene entry fix.. thing.

Requires

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/18/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    TTW, Mojave Delight

No need for original resources. (I had to rename a bunch of dialog files for it to work.)

And....  it modifies the original Bittercup. So you should be able to throw it into SCR. :shy:

Cool, it's just I don't have FO3 to get that, it needs to be the ref in the render window not the NPC list. Note that ref would change if spawned in a non default location.

Erm... oops. And you did ask. Apparently it helps if one READS. :blush: :blush:

AHEM:

ref ID: "BittercupREF"

base ID: "bittercup"

:angel:

Cool, but I also need the REFID's FormID number in Hex or Decimal, I should have been a bit more specific :)

Loved Bittercup companion even if she was definetely annoying and Sidney couldn't suffer her (I really laughed when I heard that jealousy dialogue, don't even know if it was really intended...), so all hail to you, the world needs more and more Bittercups!

It's in the Sydney companion Conversation tab. She's basically teases Bittercup, then Bittercup gets super defensive and blows it out of proportion, then it's an argument. It's pretty awesome.

EDIT: After typing that, I realized a cool, simple mod, which just be a quest that adds conversations between the companions in TTW that use base ref IDs. I bet Paladin Cross and Veronica could have quite the conversation if sound bites about the Brotherhood can be found to make one.

When I roam DC I always stick with Sidney (which is a terminator, she steals all the fun and the kills) and another random soul I saved in the wastes and that now grazes happy in the safety of my big Megaton house. It became some sort of kindergarten, it's full of people out there. When I had that interaction with Sidney and Bittercup it really made me laugh, these little details are amazing and make me love FO3 companions. Not Amata. She's not loved by me, as her name should suppose...

I really like what you've done with this companion.

However, it does suffer with a very common problem that all FO3 - TTW companions suffer from.

Unfortunately if you set a home for her and then send her to it, she'll teleport to your location every single time you travel through a cell change.

This was a problem that even tripped up the TTW team until a fairly recent build and RickerHK (who makes the Brisa Almadovar mod, Wendy Gilbert and also works on project Brazil) didn't catch this problem straight away.

You also need to add her to the donttazemebro faction otherwise she'll get machine-gun-raped every time you try and take her into the strip via the gate.

There also seems to be an issue with two instances of the 'lets get going' topic showing up. When I looked at this in fnvedit there are script variable index's used as conditions that aren't being recognised...

I'm quite frequent on the TTW site.

They fixed the companions firing thing for official companions (permanent and temp) quite some time ago.

I'm not so sure that my previous advice about the team mate faction was how it was done now though, looking back through. I'm trying to find the information on the brisa almadova mod where ricker fixed her. I can't remember if he said what he did or not, I'm sure he did.

Ha, didn't think about FONV factions. I'll fix that up. No idea about the dialog not showing. As for firing her... I based the FONV update on ... I think it was Jericho. I'll have a look at the thread you linked to and see if I can get things working. :angel:

That would be great!

My posts may have come across as negative without much positive but I do really, REALLY like what you've done.

I'll probably make a little bit taller myself, but I can also understand the reasoning behind having her a little smaller too. :)

If this mod can be made to be problem-free then I would imagine it'll become one of my permanent mods for the foreseeable future. :)

I didn't change her height from vanilla. She was that short from the start. I think I already found the issue with having her wait. Should have based her on Veronica instead of Jericho I think! :angel:  I'll have to test and make sure it works first.

Really, she's that short in vanilla?

To be honest my knowledge of FO3 is pretty lacking, I know FNV like the back of my hand but I only actually bought FO3 to use TTW.

Played FO3 vanilla once then put it away for a year or so while I worked up the nerve to crack into TTW.

I wasn't having a go either way though mate, big town is where little lamplighters go when they grow up right, so it makes sense to have people there in their late teens I guess.

Really, she's that short in vanilla?

To be honest my knowledge of FO3 is pretty lacking, I know FNV like the back of my hand but I only actually bought FO3 to use TTW.

Played FO3 vanilla once then put it away for a year or so while I worked up the nerve to crack into TTW.

I wasn't having a go either way though mate, big town is where little lamplighters go when they grow up right, so it makes sense to have people there in their late teens I guess.

All the people in Big Town are short - since they should physically be adults by the time they hit Big Town I'd imagine malnutrition and lack of sunlight growing up probably stunted their growth. 

Would there be a way to port her to NV without TTW? I'm pretty sure I saw a Butch port mod floating around.

You'd have to yank all her voice files from Fallout 3 assets and then build a new character that looks like her and talks like her in NV. It would basically be a ground-up rebuild.