Miracle Max: Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much. It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.

Inigo Montoya: What's that?

Miracle Max: Go through his clothes and look for loose change.

- The Princess Bride

"You know, I saw a guy in the war that got his head shot off about the hat line. Docs did some hammering on some stainless steel and riveted it to his noggin and saved his life, but the guy didn't do nothing from that day forward but walk around in a circle yanking his hamster and singing just the 'row' part of 'Row, Row, Row your Boat.' They had to tape oven mitts on him to keep him from rubbing himself raw. Now, I'm not saying that the guy didn't know how to have a good time, but he wasn't much for conversation, if you know what I mean."  ~ Vincent   [Cristopher Moore ~ Island of the Sequined Love Nun]

Guest Omega1084

"You look like a nice pair of tit- lady. You look like a nice young lady, could you help me cross the street?" --Old men in Florida :|

"Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, forever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world."

Patrick O'Brian, from Clarissa Oakes I think

Guest Omega1084

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." — The Internet

“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.”

General George S. Patton

Greatest General the United States ever produced. Was hated by many of his men, but they always said of him;
" If ordered, I'll go to hell and back with him"  All the general staff of the Germans were scared of him. A great man.?

a Greatest General who killed by his own car :)

To stop suffering, stop greediness. Greediness is a source of suffering. ~ Buddha

The truth is not always beautiful, nor beautiful words the truth. ~ Lao Tzu

The wise man is one who, knows, what he does not know. ~ Lao Tzu

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. ~ Confucius

"He had come like a thief in the night. And one by one dropped the revellers in the blood bedewed halls of their revel, and died each in the despairing posture of his fall. (...) And Darkness and Decay (...) held illimitable dominion over all." -- E. A. Poe.

"When it shall be said in any country in the world, my poor are happy; neither ignorance nor distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want, the taxes are not oppressive; the rational world is my friend, because I am a friend of its happiness: When these things can be said, then may the country boast of its constitution and its government." ~ Thomas Paine

"Feed men, and then ask of them virtue" ~ Dostoyevsky

"People who count their chickens before they are hatched act very wisely because chickens run about so absurdly that it's impossible to count them accurately." ~ Oscar Wilde

• 2 weeks later...