Devious Skyrim - outdated - see new pinned thread

3 hours ago, Kitsunetsuki said:

Hi! Thanks for such a great mod but I’m having a few issues. I’ve run bodyslide and for some reason the Master and 3 of the slave girls still are jut floating heads. Any way to fix this? Thanks!

Run bodyslide on the rest of the objects (personally I always run it against everything every time just to make sure I've got everything), you must have missed some though it is also possible that the output from Bodyslide went to the wrong location for some reason though it's less likely.

2 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

Run bodyslide on the rest of the objects (personally I always run it against everything every time just to make sure I've got everything), you must have missed some though it is also possible that the output from Bodyslide went to the wrong location for some reason though it's less likely.

Thanks but I tried running body slide again on every outfit it picks up and still no joy. :(

4 minutes ago, Kitsunetsuki said:

Neither.

Then I don't know if it will work but you can try.  Copy the mesh folders from DDA, DDX, and DDI (plus what ever other mod you have issues with} into it a new folder and load it before your bodyslide (not Bodyslide outfit studio but its modifications)  and it should work.

When i try to download devious devices - assets and devious devices - expansion winrar tells me the files are corrupt is this a problem with the files or something on my end?

EDIT - I have tried downloading them a couple of times and have realized they are different sizes each time. This is probably something on my end but maybe could be the server there being downloaded from.

1 hour ago, 6942069420 said:

is this a problem with the files or something on my end?

Both.

Your internet connection is too slow and get's capped by the filehoster. Mind you that they are hosted on github and not here on LL because they are too big.

Read the through the posts of DDi and DDx. Sometime around november, Kimy has posted the links to an alternative filehoster. Try those links.

There is an alternative link for DDa too, I guess. Should also have been posted by Kimy. But I can't point you to a date.

• 1 month later...
On 3/21/2019 at 12:25 PM, Chiqati said:

I wish that there was a complete prepared mod pack with all devious mods, which i just need to download and run, that would be awesome. Im completely new into skyrim mods and that would make things much easier!

While this would be easy when creating a basic setup it is impossible due to permissions. 

Also maintenance would be a real struggle and it is generally recommended as a mod-user to know what exactly you installed. It is quite usefull to know what you have installed when you run into trouble. And lets be honest: Everyone modding Skyrim runs into trouble at some point.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/25/2019 at 9:37 AM, Loluzilu said:

While this would be easy when creating a basic setup it is impossible due to permissions. 

Also maintenance would be a real struggle and it is generally recommended as a mod-user to know what exactly you installed. It is quite usefull to know what you have installed when you run into trouble. And lets be honest: Everyone modding Skyrim runs into trouble at some point.

I'd be pretty happy if there was better compatibility and integration between the various DD mods, but I gather there's a lot of different skill levels and opinions on how such and such should and shouldn't work between the various authors, so maybe that's a bit of pipe dream.

3 hours ago, xtremeGoose said:

I'd be pretty happy if there was better compatibility and integration between the various DD mods, but I gather there's a lot of different skill levels and opinions on how such and such should and shouldn't work between the various authors, so maybe that's a bit of pipe dream.

To be honest: In the end it is not that hard to install DD mods. "Just" download them and download and install ALL their requirements. After the requirements install the framework first, then install the remaining mods in any order you wish. There are lot of Skyrim mods that can be quite difficult to install because of compatibilities and overwrites, but DD mods are not problematic.

In my experience reading comprehension regarding the requirements is the biggest barrier people have to overcome when installing DD mods. 

7 hours ago, Loluzilu said:

To be honest: In the end it is not that hard to install DD mods. "Just" download them and download and install ALL their requirements. After the requirements install the framework first, then install the remaining mods in any order you wish. There are lot of Skyrim mods that can be quite difficult to install because of compatibilities and overwrites, but DD mods are not problematic.

In my experience reading comprehension regarding the requirements is the biggest barrier people have to overcome when installing DD mods. 

????

2 hours ago, Gengarxx09 said:

Hey. Is this mod compatible with SE?

Not really. The basic Devious Devices for SE mod is here: 

The add-on mods to the basic framework are sometimes compatible and sometimes not. Use the search function in each mods thread. In a few cases there exists a SE version, in some there is no SE version and in others the LE version works for SE. 

Another note for you: This list is no longer maintained. The newest DD add-on mods are missing from it.

• 3 weeks later...

I love this thread...  finally something like this available. Now i just wonder, by the way... are you gonna include a SSE section about all the conversions made for the Second Edition as well? You would help a lot in making order among the mess there is looking for the SSE versions of those mods you alrady listed here, specially you called "Devious Essentials"!

Thank you so much, in advance, Min.

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, SleepyJim said:

Looks like you haven't built the device meshes in BodySlide (which is a requirement for most of the meshes to exist in your game) or something went wrong when you tried.

i dont know how to use bodyslide can you teach me?