Devious Skyrim - outdated - see new pinned thread

How do you find keys? lol

You'll need plugins that spread keys. Cursed Loot gives chance to find some when looting (if you don't find sth else ^^), Captured Dreams gives a chance to buy keys when behaving correctly, DD for the masses also can spread keys alongside other devices to pickpocket them ...

Iirc DDi's only possibility to get keys is to craft them, what can be quite a challenge for lowlevels if you didn't tweak the settings :)

The one thing every single plugin I've tested so far has in common is the fact, that the devices are way easier to find / get equipped than to find keys for them.  Exactly how it should be :angel:

Do you know if there are any requirements to craft them? I did tweak the settings but I haven't seen it pop up while crafting. I'll check out Cursed Loot. Thank you!

The only requirement is that you have to look in the College of Winterhold's forbidden bookcase for a book. Once you read it, then you can craft the keys, along with most of the DD items.

Or if you're like me and rarely play as a mage, you could use the console and search for the book that way. (Hint: Search "Devious Devices" and you should find it there! *wink*)

You'll need plugins that spread keys. Cursed Loot gives chance to find some when looting (if you don't find sth else ^^), Captured Dreams gives a chance to buy keys when behaving correctly, DD for the masses also can spread keys alongside other devices to pickpocket them ...

Iirc DDi's only possibility to get keys is to craft them, what can be quite a challenge for lowlevels if you didn't tweak the settings :)

The one thing every single plugin I've tested so far has in common is the fact, that the devices are way easier to find / get equipped than to find keys for them.  Exactly how it should be :angel:

Do you know if there are any requirements to craft them? I did tweak the settings but I haven't seen it pop up while crafting. I'll check out Cursed Loot. Thank you!

The only requirement is that you have to look in the College of Winterhold's forbidden bookcase for a book. Once you read it, then you can craft the keys, along with most of the DD items.

Or if you're like me and rarely play as a mage, you could use the console and search for the book that way. (Hint: Search "Devious Devices" and you should find it there! *wink*)

Thank you for that!

Thank you for that!

No probs! XD!

Is anyone working on an up to date UNPB version of Assets ? Seems a shame to limit such a great mod to just CBBE and UNP.

I know offiicialy its been discontinued but for awhile someone was still doing it.

Switch to UUNP, take the really awesome sliders of Gameplayer and choose the UNPB slider preset ;) Or UN7B. Or DreamGirl. Or UNP Skyinny. Or even CBBE slider preset. You get the point.

Also, look for gamefever on the Nexus, same man, more slider packs (eg for Vanilla armor replacers).

Is anyone working on an up to date UNPB version of Assets ? Seems a shame to limit such a great mod to just CBBE and UNP.

I know offiicialy its been discontinued but for awhile someone was still doing it.

Switch to UUNP, take the really awesome sliders of Gameplayer and choose the UNPB slider preset ;) Or UN7B. Or DreamGirl. Or UNP Skyinny. Or even CBBE slider preset. You get the point.

Also, look for gamefever on the Nexus, same man, more slider packs (eg for Vanilla armor replacers).

Can only second that. Hell even if using "vanilla" UNP, use the UNP preset from UUNP, the weights (deformation) on UUNP are a lot better, also you can chose HDT or even "special" for 3D goodies ;).

Do i have to unpack all files from the folders? like all the .nif files, do i have to put them into the data or should i leave them in the folders and put the folders in the data folder

if you arent using ModOrganiser already, I would really really REALLY advise you to use it, as it will make installation of any mod a very easy process and help you update the mods without breaking your game installation, which can become a ugly mess very quickly the more mods you install, update, etc

you can ask in here if you need help setuping it.

you still can install it manually though:

copy all the content of the archive into your skyrim's "data" folder.

please note that you need to install DeviousDevice Asset and DeviousDevice Integration if you want to experiment the basic devious quests (and these are the requirement for pretty much each and every other devious mods, in addition to DeviousDevice Expansion), as shown in the graphic in this forum first page.

hey, anyone know why my textures are not showing up. seems its just the devious devices. in the first pic you can't see the devices in the second pic it shows I have them equipped, would an enb.ini I heard about that help this problem. I have reinstalled all DD mods just to be sure the textures where there.  http://imgur.com/a/z6gNE

This thread isn't for troubleshooting so you'd be better off asking in the support thread for one of the mods themselves. Looking at those pictures it seems that all the invisible items are from DDx (Expansion) so try there. Generally, though, having more than one of the exact same device in your inventory is asking for trouble. You seem to have three of everything. Did you add them from the console? (Usually not advised.)

I'd try installing DDx again, manually if necessary. But post in one of the DD support threads if you need more help.

DDa

DDi

DDx

hey, anyone know why my textures are not showing up. seems its just the devious devices. in the first pic you can't see the devices in the second pic it shows I have them equipped, would an enb.ini I heard about that help this problem. I have reinstalled all DD mods just to be sure the textures where there.  http://imgur.com/a/z6gNE

This thread isn't for troubleshooting so you'd be better off asking in the support thread for one of the mods themselves. Looking at those pictures it seems that all the invisible items are from DDx (Expansion) so try there. Generally, though, having more than one of the exact same device in your inventory is asking for trouble. You seem to have three of everything. Did you add them from the console? (Usually not advised.)

I'd try installing DDx again, manually if necessary. But post in one of the DD support threads if you need more help.

DDa

DDi

DDx

I thought this was the place I was suppose to be, anyway thx. fixed the prob by reinstalling everytjhing

Something unsurprisingly unaddressed as far as I know, NPCs spawned using player.placeatme through the console won't wear any visible gags from either Devious Devices or ZaZ Animation Pack. The script is still applied, and their mouth will open like they're gagged, but the gags themselves won't appear. Any reason for this?

Hey guys, I'm with a problem.

My char is pretty much naked, but when I try to insert a plug it says she can't wear multiple plugs simultaneously.

Thing is, I removed everything, even the piercings thinking they could be the cause, but it still won't let me plug my character.

Is there any "force remove all" debug function?

Do a full save of your game (incase this messes up your game). Go to a container and drop all your stuff into it. Open the console and click on your PC. Then enter

inv

in the Console. It should list anything still on your PC with its ID (you can use PageUP/PageDown to scroll through the list). If you see anything that looks associated with plugs. Type

player.removeitem XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX being the ID code. Hope that works.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a problem with the devious devices not showing on my character if I drop them on the ground there seen. I'm assuming it's all the devices but I only tried the corset pony boots and restrictive collar. this is a clean install all the recommended mods are installed correctly. all other slave collars ankle irons show on character, I reinstalled all my usual mods over and over. there are no missing textures I made sure. it was working before I did a fresh install this must have to do with my character. i'm using unpetite body. I can't for the life of me figure it out.

I have a problem with the devious devices not showing on my character if I drop them on the ground there seen. I'm assuming it's all the devices but I only tried the corset pony boots and restrictive collar. this is a clean install all the recommended mods are installed correctly. all other slave collars ankle irons show on character, I reinstalled all my usual mods over and over. there are no missing textures I made sure. it was working before I did a fresh install this must have to do with my character. i'm using unpetite body. I can't for the life of me figure it out.

This is almost certainly a problem with Devious Integration // Expansion, their respective forums will be able to provide troubleshooting over there.

This is almost certainly a problem with Devious Integration // Expansion, their respective forums will be able to provide troubleshooting over there.

thx i'll check

Quick question here: Is it possible to just disable some devices? I'm not a huge fan of boots, chastity belts or blindfolds.
I'd much rather have cuffs, gags and piercings only. Thing is: I kinda couldn't find an option.

If there is one, could anyone tell me where I can find it? (I have Cursed Loot, Expansion, Integration, Helpless and Assets installed if that is of any importance).