Devious Skyrim - outdated - see new pinned thread

Came looking for help with a missing texture issue, found someone who needed more help than I do. :)

!Warning! This is my first post here but I thought I'd upload part of my load order for you - as currently the only problem I've got with Devious Devices and Captured Dreams is a few missing textures. (Bright purple, shiny items)

I noticed that a lot of your plugins were really spread out - maybe that's it? After exporting a backup of your load order, try moving it around to resemble mine. 

Skyrim.esm -- 01
Update.esm -- 02
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp -- 03
Dawnguard.esm -- 04
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp -- 05
HearthFires.esm -- 06
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp -- 07
Dragonborn.esm -- 08
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp -- 09
SexLab.esm -- 10
SexLabAroused.esm -- 11
ZaZAnimationPack.esm -- 12
Devious Devices - Assets.esm -- 13
Devious Devices - Integration.esm -- 14
daymoyl.esm -- 15
hdtHighHeel.esm -- 16
CreatureFramework.esm -- 17
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm -- 18
dcc-soulgem-oven-000.esm -- 19
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm -- 20
RaceCompatibility.esm -- 21
TERAArmors.esm -- 22
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm -- 23
HighResTexturePack01.esp -- 24
HighResTexturePack02.esp -- 25
HighResTexturePack03.esp -- 26
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp -- 27
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp -- 28
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp -- 29
sr_ifpssl.esp -- 30
WetandCold.esp -- 31
WetandCold - Ashes.esp -- 32
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp -- 33
ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp -- 34
Devious Devices For Him.esp -- 35
DeviouslyHelpless.esp -- 36
display-model.esp -- 37
DW.esp -- 38
SexLab Aroused Creatures.esp -- 39
SexLab Enchantress.esp -- 40
SexLabWerewolvesMB.esp -- 41
UIExtensions.esp -- 42
SkyUI.esp -- 43
RaceMenu.esp -- 44

RaceMenuPlugin.esp -- 45

Schlongs of Skyrim.esp -- 68

I use LOOT, FNIS, and BodySlide2 - some of the devious devices stuff changed to require that in a recent update (I want to say Devious Expansion..?)

If you need more of the load order I'll get it out tomorrow (I have 141 active plugins XD). All of the needed mods show up in MCM. Hope this helps :D

Changed load order like you said, didn't help, here's the new load order.

We may be looking at an entirely different issue that I was previously unaware of: 

In all honesty I restarted a few times because new mcm's weren't loading in SkyUI and I didn't find the "Setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1" trick on the support pages, had to dig though reddits to find out how easy it is to refresh SkyUI. Restarted the game twice already by then  :P

Thanks for your help guys, but my Skyrim just started hard crashing, so I'm just gonna try a clean install of every thing. 

I keep getting an issue where my devices dont appear on the character as well as my character becoming two tone from the fore head down. Items I can see are some of the head bindings, the plugs, clit/nipple piercings, arm binder and blind fold. The arms are also not slipping into the binder by I know what that problem is I am fairly certain. The primary problem is the items not showing up on my character. 

any one have a fix for this or has heard of a fix for this? I have done several complete over hauls to try an fix this problem. I am currently using MO for my mod management.

I keep getting an issue where my devices dont appear on the character as well as my character becoming two tone from the fore head down. Items I can see are some of the head bindings, the plugs, clit/nipple piercings, arm binder and blind fold. The arms are also not slipping into the binder by I know what that problem is I am fairly certain. The primary problem is the items not showing up on my character. 

any one have a fix for this or has heard of a fix for this? I have done several complete over hauls to try an fix this problem. I am currently using MO for my mod management.

Two possibilities I can think of why devices might not be visible:

1. The most common reason people have invisible devices with the latest versions of the devious mods is because they haven't built the meshes in BodySlide, which is now a requirement. If you haven't done that, you need to for most of the meshes to exist in your game. If you have already done it, it might be worth doing it again to make certain everything was built and placed in the correct folders.
  2. It could be the device hider making certain devices invisible, which is what it's designed to do. Check your devices underneath settings in the DD MCM. By default some devices (belts, bras, harnesses, corsets, nipple piercings) are hidden when wearing anything in the main armour/clothing slot. You can change these settings if you like.

If you still need help, I'd suggest asking in the Devious Devices Assets or Integration support threads. This thread isn't actually for mod support. Your questions are more likely to be seen by people who know how to help if you ask in the support threads.

Two possibilities I can think of why devices might not be visible:

1. The most common reason people have invisible devices with the latest versions of the devious mods is because they haven't built the meshes in BodySlide, which is now a requirement. If you haven't done that, you need to for most of the meshes to exist in your game. If you have already done it, it might be worth doing it again to make certain everything was built and placed in the correct folders.
  2. It could be the device hider making certain devices invisible, which is what it's designed to do. Check your devices underneath settings in the DD MCM. By default some devices (belts, bras, harnesses, corsets, nipple piercings) are hidden when wearing anything in the main armour/clothing slot. You can change these settings if you like.

If you still need help, I'd suggest asking in the Devious Devices Assets or Integration support threads. This thread isn't actually for mod support. Your questions are more likely to be seen by people who know how to help if you ask in the support threads.

OK so why did they make it so that you have to build your own shit? Well going to have to find out where body slide is and figure out how to build that crap. Did they even list instructions on how to do this shit?

Well going to have to find out where body slide is and figure out how to build that crap. Did they even list instructions on how to do this shit?

BodySlide is listed as a requirement and linked to on the devious assets mod page. The devious team haven't added instructions on how to use it because that should be handled by the bodyslide page on nexus. A lot of people probably miss the mesh-building step though, because the usage instructions for the assets mod weren't updated, meaning it specifically says all that needs to be done is to install the mod through your chosen mod manager. Apparently the only user who has the authority to update the description isn't around at the moment, so it's not known when - or if - the instructions will be changed.

BodySlide is listed as a requirement and linked to on the devious assets mod page. The devious team haven't added instructions on how to use it because that should be handled by the bodyslide page on nexus. A lot of people probably miss the mesh-building step though, because the usage instructions for the assets mod weren't updated, meaning it specifically says all that needs to be done is to install the mod through your chosen mod manager. Apparently the only user who has the authority to update the description isn't around at the moment, so it's not known when - or if - the instructions will be changed.

Sigh figured it out after a lot of poking around. The instructions on the bodyslider are basically Greek and the fruitless digging around was pissing me off. so I broke my game irreparably 20 more times till I found the thing I needed to do to make the equipment show up. Frankly your pointing in the right direction was all I needed to go from fucking with all the mods I installed to tinkering with a single one. Well now that I have my bondage gear ready I am happy ^.^

I only have Bodyslide because it is a common requirement in many mods. But I haven't been able to figure out how to "build" in it at all yet. The lack of any realtime preview to adjustments makes it very tedious and guesswork at best, in my opinion. I have yet to find a clearly intelligible video demonstration or tutorial that explains it's effective use. It sucks that we've made use of such features much too complicated for the average newcomer, instead of having already-built packages to simply install and use.

I only have Bodyslide because it is a common requirement in many mods. But I haven't been able to figure out how to "build" in it at all yet. The lack of any realtime preview to adjustments makes it very tedious and guesswork at best, in my opinion. I have yet to find a clearly intelligible video demonstration or tutorial that explains it's effective use. It sucks that we've made use of such features much too complicated for the average newcomer, instead of having already-built packages to simply install and use.

It is quite straightforward, once you have figured out basics. Steam Skyrim forum has a short and simple tutorial post for BodySlide and Mod Organizer. No images though, but text is quite easy to follow. Basics are the same for all adult gear.

CBBE/UUNP and BodySlide with Mod Organizer

https://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/359543542243784721/

It is quite straightforward, once you have figured out basics. Steam Skyrim forum has a short and simple tutorial post for BodySlide and Mod Organizer. No images though, but text is quite easy to follow. Basics are the same for all adult gear.

CBBE/UUNP and BodySlide with Mod Organizer

https://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/359543542243784721/

Unfortunately, on my computer, the steps in that tutorial would not work. I cannot even use MO because of file permission errors, and MO crashes whenever trying to add anything as executable. I had to uninstall MO because I could not find any configs or settings to get it to do specific functions using admin privs. NMM did not have those issues, only requiring the main NMM executable and executables saved in /data/tools/ to be set to run as admin.

Unfortunately, on my computer, the steps in that tutorial would not work. I cannot even use MO because of file permission errors, and MO crashes whenever trying to add anything as executable. I had to uninstall MO because I could not find any configs or settings to get it to do specific functions using admin privs. NMM did not have those issues, only requiring the main NMM executable and executables saved in /data/tools/ to be set to run as admin.

Basic steps are same for both. Ignore all the MO babble from the post, like adding BodySlide as executable and making output folder from data. How to add items to NMM and how to manage them in BodySlide act exactly the same with both mod managers. Those instructions would be same for NMM.

If the post is hard to follow, then I am afraid that author did not write NMM specific instructions. That is mainly, because almost every regular in Steam forum is using either MO or Wrye Bash to mod their games. They are not too keen on using NMM, so they have not really made any tutorials for it.

However, Gopher made a BodySlide video for Fallout 4 and NMM. Perhaps that will help you to figure this out for Skyrim? Using it for FO4 and Skyrim is mostly the same.

FALLOUT 4 Mod Clinic #3 : BodySlide & CBBE

Does anyone know why when I go to Master for the first time without receiving the notice about the place. That When offered a Chasity belt and accepted it. She ties me up goes and fetches it, then walks back in front of me and just looks at me without doing it. Game isn't frozen, I can still cam around but I have to load the game again to last save point because she won't do anything after coming back. 

That is a captured dreams issue, it is best to go to that forum and ask your question there. This is just a location to centralize finding everything Devious for easy finding.

Does anyone know why when I go to Master for the first time without receiving the notice about the place. That When offered a Chasity belt and accepted it. She ties me up goes and fetches it, then walks back in front of me and just looks at me without doing it. Game isn't frozen, I can still cam around but I have to load the game again to last save point because she won't do anything after coming back. 

That is a captured dreams issue, it is best to go to that forum and ask your question there. This is just a location to centralize finding everything Devious for easy finding.

Ah opps ok, I mis read it then. I have in the other one. My mistake. Thanks. 

and deleted. =)

I seem to have a strange problem with this mod where everything is working completely fine but the chastity belts don't show up on my character. At the start of the quest with the orc for instance the text says that he places a chastity belt and plugs on me as well as a metal band around my neck but only the neck band and the plugs show up on my character. The chastity belt does show in my inventory though and if I click on it I can see what it looks like, but it still doesn't show on my character.

I saw something in a thread about building the assets with bodyslide but I have no idea what that means. 

Help?

I seem to have a strange problem with this mod where everything is working completely fine but the chastity belts don't show up on my character. At the start of the quest with the orc for instance the text says that he places a chastity belt and plugs on me as well as a metal band around my neck but only the neck band and the plugs show up on my character. The chastity belt does show in my inventory though and if I click on it I can see what it looks like, but it still doesn't show on my character.

I saw something in a thread about building the assets with bodyslide but I have no idea what that means. 

Help?

Bodyslide - It is now a REQUIREMENT.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49015/?

Download it, intall it. Learn how to use it OR follow the simplified instructions given in dozens of posts above.

It is a Body Building application for Female bodies of the CBBE or UUNP varieties and has built in presets that match all of the various CBBE and UNP body types which you can use "as is" or further tweak to fit your own personal ideal looking woman. After creating the body of your dreams you can then use the tool to fit all of the Bodyslide adapted clothing and armor mods you have to match the body you created.

It was mainly to allow the Devious Devices to fit whatever body you happen to like to use that the mods were changed to be Bodyslide capable. That means if your favorite body used to clip through and/or not quite fill some of the DD items before they should now fit tightly but no longer clip no matter what body you use since the change.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not having the hobble skirt show up, on both UNP and CBBE builds. It renders pretty much the whole of my character invisible aside from hands/head/feet. Anything wrong with my load order or something I'm missing? Also, several cuff types don't want to be visible even when equipped. 

Did you remember to run bodyslide?

I'm not having the hobble skirt show up, on both UNP and CBBE builds. It renders pretty much the whole of my character invisible aside from hands/head/feet. Anything wrong with my load order or something I'm missing? Also, several cuff types don't want to be visible even when equipped. 

Did you remember to run bodyslide?

To my embarrassment, I have it installed, but I don't think i "run" it, properly. What SHOULD I be doing with it? 

To my embarrassment, I have it installed, but I don't think i "run" it, properly. What SHOULD I be doing with it?

This post is a good place to start.

Thank you! This seems to have solved at least one issue I've been having. Now to just get those UNNP Sliders working (all they seem to do is shrink the wrists and hands...all of them...)  and I'm full in business....

Basic steps are same for both. Ignore all the MO babble from the post, like adding BodySlide as executable and making output folder from data. How to add items to NMM and how to manage them in BodySlide act exactly the same with both mod managers. Those instructions would be same for NMM.

If the post is hard to follow, then I am afraid that author did not write NMM specific instructions. That is mainly, because almost every regular in Steam forum is using either MO or Wrye Bash to mod their games. They are not too keen on using NMM, so they have not really made any tutorials for it.

However, Gopher made a BodySlide video for Fallout 4 and NMM. Perhaps that will help you to figure this out for Skyrim? Using it for FO4 and Skyrim is mostly the same.

FALLOUT 4 Mod Clinic #3 : BodySlide & CBBE

Just getting back to you after being away for a while to learn and work more on Skyrim modding. I've just finished reweighting all vanilla wearables and all that are included in one of my favorite mods, as well as being approximately halfway done with all Devious Devices and Aradia's Devious Armors, to fit with my prefered PC body. Your advice did lead to some tutorial videos which helped to get it all figured out, so many thanks for that! 

I next plan to start a new discussion to include asking advice from mod creators on "how to sandbox a clean/vanilla install to start making a new mod" (without it requiring a fresh install on another separate computer), to avoid having to lose a heavily modded playthrough that I still currently enjoy. I know most will say to simply save the load order and Mod Manager settings, or similar, but because of the particular way that some mods will write to core esm files, such as "replacers", etc, it can be tricky and risk losses if each of about 100 mods are not installed in exact order, 100% correctly, regardless of final load order. I'm hoping that forum moderators do not simply lock the topic and post a link to "request your mods here" as has been the case for more than 90% of my requests for modding info  and Skyrim technical information in the past.

I am also working (perhaps unnecessarily) on creating either a PDF or eBook compilation of things such as console commands, formID tables, and so forth, to use as a sort of offline reference manual. I realize it may seem useless or a waste of time, when there are wikis with the information already available and sortable, but it would work better for me when I more often have time to work on such things while outside of reliable network connections, and play full screen and push the hardware limits, which make it difficult to tab between windows without crashes, while testing.

Although it has been asked for years, and every answer has been the invariable, "It's simply not possible", I still intend to figure out a way to save MCM configuration settings other than creating a save game to use as a default for starting each playthrough. Sometimes the easy answer is not always the only, nor the best. I reason that if MCM saves strings and variable somewhere, anywhere, then there must be some way to parse the values and determine which are added beyond the vanilla game, and somehow export those to a file in a way that can be re-inserted to wherever it is that the game stores them, perhaps as a console batch process at the start of a new game. 

"...  The lack of any realtime preview to adjustments makes it very tedious and guesswork at best, ..."

The above statement was incorrect and deserves correction. Bodyslide does update in realtime, but I was unaware of that because it was bugged and not reflecting updates on my installation. It has since been fixed on my end and works correctly. The issue was an nVidia graphics update issue when using HDMI output as primary display from a laptop using GTX 970m chipset. An update from nVidia seems to have corrected the issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello guys i got the same problem the outfit not appearing on npcs but after a lot of testing and missing around i found what's wrong "just make sure you don't have 4000+ animations loaded in FORES" too much animations prevent DD from playing the animation attached the the outfit or devices, well that fixed my problem i hope it fix yours too cheers.