Devious Skyrim - outdated - see new pinned thread

So this mod has piercings but which one there's like 20 links and idk what to click.

First paragraph of the first post "The following is an overview of all works related to the 'Devious Devices' mod family for Skyrim."

That means this is NOT A MOD. This is a list of links to mods.

Please be a little more precise, what are you wanting to add to the game? Also tell us what body are you using and/or if you created it using bodyslide since that can influence what is available.

So this mod has piercings but which one there's like 20 links and idk what to click.

First paragraph of the first post "The following is an overview of all works related to the 'Devious Devices' mod family for Skyrim."

Please be a little more precise, what are you wanting to add to the game? Also tell us what body are you using and/or if you created it using bodyslide since that can influence what is available.

What does the first paragraph have to do with what I wanted? I read that this mod had body piercings yes or no and which link? Doesn't matter which body I'm using or if I have bodyslide I just wanna know if this devious skyrim has body piercings. 

What does the first paragraph have to do with what I wanted? I read that this mod had body piercings yes or no and which link? Doesn't matter which body I'm using or if I have bodyslide I just wanna know if this devious skyrim has body piercings.

Is there some part of "That means this is NOT A MOD" you are having trouble understanding?

There is no "this mod" here, therefore (by definition) it has NO BODY PIERCINGS.

If you had answered what kind of body you are using and if you were using Bodyslide we could already be pointing you to the mods you ARE looking for.

It's just THIS isn't the place you want.

It is a mod it adds content into the game ergo it's a mod. I didn't know simple definitions of a word could be so confusing to a person. Oh well you have not provided me with any real answers I'll look elsewhere ta-ta.

I think you misunderstand, Devious Skyrim is not a mod, it is a family of mods based on Devious Devices (assets, integration, expansion). This topic is created to inform people of these mods and what other contents make use of them.

I just figured out how to start modding skyrim and i've been having some issues with devious devices.  i installed the assets, extension and integrations using mod organizer but during gameplay i get a reoccurring message that says,

"A fatal error has occured with your installation of Devious Devices.  Incomplete uninstall attempt perhaps? Aborting update chain."

however i haven't uninstalled anything yet.  This error happens periodically as i play but the MCM recognizes all of the devious mods while this error is persisting.  I'm pretty stumped.  I thought about uninstalling all three and reinstalling but none of the devious pages have any directions to uninstall.  so far i've been locked out of a lot of awesome mods because of this, anyone have any idea to get this DD to function?

I'm having the same problem, though it's following up another error message that comes before it.

"Libs is none in zadNPCQuestScript. Incomplete uninstall/upgrade attempt?"

Note, this error seems to also be messing with some of the Devious Devices. Blindfold has no visual effect, and destroying a device to escape it brings up this message.

"An error has occured with your installation of Devious Devices. Please check the log for more information. Error Text: Config is not initialized. User didn't update properly?"

This is followed by another one.

"An error has occured with your installation of Devious Devices. Please check the log for more information. Error Text: GetUnlockThreshold returning -1"

What step(s) did I miss or what file(s) do I need to edit?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know much about Skyrim modding beyond setting up a working load order, but I had an idea to fix the arms escaping Devious Skyrim armbinders/yokes briefly when an animation involving the arms started.

Could the bound character's model be changed to a variant with no real arms with a set of fake arms in the restrained position? Any new animations started would function normally, but the character's "arms" would not respond to the game telling them to move, right?

If this worked it would mean no more jumping and having your character raise their arms in the air before snapping back to the restrained position, and devious devices could be used with 0SEX.

Does anyone know if this would work, and if so how one would go about making it happen?

Guest lare290

So I switched from NMM to MO, and got everything else to work correctly, but none of the devices render on my character, and Captured Dreams looks like it has been robbed because nothing there either. I can't take them off because they are locked of course, and blindfolds make it impossible to see anything in first person, but in third person it just looks like my character is naked. How to fix this?

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering, do you have to have hydra slave girls for the leash game?  Right now, HSG is unplayable for me because npcs end up dead and the mod keeps searching for them and causes my game to crash and be unplayable after enough die.  So, as I cannot run that mod, was wondering if that feature would do anything at the moment?

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first post and I've only been here for a short time so sorry if it's a dumb mistake, but I don't see a MCM menu for any Devious Device mods except for Devious Captures. I have no clue if it's a problem with my load order or what, any help would be appreciated.

It could be due to load order, or else your mods are taking much too long to load when your game starts. Do you run FNIS (Fores New Idles in Skyrim) to build animation behaviours after any mod is changed, added, or removed, and then run LOOT, to check for load order, errors, or missing dependencies?

Also, what download and install method do you use? Which Mod Manager/Organizer or similar application do you use to install your mods? Trying to install them manually is the most difficult and would present the most possible issues when new to using mods.

This is my first post and I've only been here for a short time so sorry if it's a dumb mistake, but I don't see a MCM menu for any Devious Device mods except for Devious Captures. I have no clue if it's a problem with my load order or what, any help would be appreciated.

It could be due to load order, or else your mods are taking much too long to load when your game starts. Do you run FNIS (Fores New Idles in Skyrim) to build animation behaviours after any mod is changed, added, or removed, and then run LOOT, to check for load order, errors, or missing dependencies?

Also, what download and install method do you use? Which Mod Manager/Organizer or similar application do you use to install your mods? Trying to install them manually is the most difficult and would present the most possible issues when new to using mods.

Yes I run FNIS and LOOT, and there is no missing files to my knowledge, I also re-downloaded the mods in case anything was wrong with the files. I use NMM to download the mods, I did it a while ago and it worked, but now it's not. Any other advice?

Yes I run FNIS and LOOT, and there is no missing files to my knowledge, I also re-downloaded the mods in case anything was wrong with the files. I use NMM to download the mods, I did it a while ago and it worked, but now it's not. Any other advice?

Could you post a copy of your current load order, so we could see if any changes there might help? USe the "spoiler" tag to keep the message from getting too long. (Spoiler tag can be found in the message options at top, in the "Special BBCode" icon's options, third from the left.)

Automatic Load order sorting is fairly reliable in most cases, but it can really only go by any required dependencies listed in each mod, or check for referenced assets, it's not 100% infallible, so sometimes changes still may need to be made. 

Could you post a copy of your current load order, so we could see if any changes there might help? USe the "spoiler" tag to keep the message from getting too long. (Spoiler tag can be found in the message options at top, in the "Special BBCode" icon's options, third from the left.)

Automatic Load order sorting is fairly reliable in most cases, but it can really only go by any required dependencies listed in each mod, or check for referenced assets, it's not 100% infallible, so sometimes changes still may need to be made. 

Load order as requested

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp

SexLab.esm

ZaZAnimationPack.esm

Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm

SexLabAroused.esm

0A

hdtHighHeel.esm

0B

Devious Devices - Assets.esm

0C

Devious Devices - Integration.esm

0D

Inn Girls Resources.esm

0E

daymoyl.esm

0F

SGHairPackBase.esm

TERAArmors.esm

Devious Devices - Expansion.esm

ScocLB.esm

HighResTexturePack01.esp

HighResTexturePack02.esp

HighResTexturePack03.esp

SkyUI.esp

FNIS.esp

dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp

Dual Sheath Redux.esp

1A

RaceMenu.esp

1B

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

1C

HDTPhysicsWeaponSling.esp

1D

KS Hairdos - HDT.esp

1E

RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp

1F

Schlongs of Skyrim.esp

SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp

Mighty Beasts - Werewolf.esp

SexLabMatchMaker.esp

xazPrisonOverhaul.esp

xazPrisonOverhaul - Patch.esp

KS Hairdo's.esp

SGHairPackAIO.esp

Immersive Wenches.esp

hydra_slavegirls.esp

SLAnimLoader.esp

2A

UIExtensions.esp

2B

SexLabTools.esp

2C

pchs_loansharks.esp

2D

SexLabDefeat.esp

2E

Ballet Boots.esp

2F

GagSFX.esp

mslDeviousCaptures.esp

NonSexLabAnimationPack.esp

TERAArmors_CBBE.esp

zzLSAR.esp

XPMSE.esp

SOSRaceMenu.esp

DeviouslyHelpless.esp

Captured Dreams.esp

SexLabSkoomaWhore.esp

Deviously Cursed Loot.esp

3A

prostitutes.esp

3B

Shiny Catsuits.esp

3C

FNISspells.esp

3D

SexLab-StoriesDevious.esp

3E

S_L_U_T_S.esp

3F

Neo's Slave Leia Renewal.esp

submissivelola.esp

TheEyesOfBeauty.esp

Devious Deviants.esp

ScoclbQuestSexlab.esp

Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp

Load order as requested

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

SexLab.esm

ZaZAnimationPack.esm

SexLabAroused.esm

0A

hdtHighHeel.esm

0B

0C

0D

Inn Girls Resources.esm

0E

daymoyl.esm

0F

SGHairPackBase.esm

TERAArmors.esm

ScocLB.esm

HighResTexturePack01.esp

HighResTexturePack02.esp

HighResTexturePack03.esp

SkyUI.esp

FNIS.esp

Dual Sheath Redux.esp

1A

RaceMenu.esp

1B

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

1C

1D

KS Hairdos - HDT.esp

1E

RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp

1F

Schlongs of Skyrim.esp

SexLabMatchMaker.esp

xazPrisonOverhaul.esp

KS Hairdo's.esp

SGHairPackAIO.esp

Immersive Wenches.esp

hydra_slavegirls.esp

SLAnimLoader.esp

2A

UIExtensions.esp

2B

SexLabTools.esp

2C

pchs_loansharks.esp

2D

SexLabDefeat.esp

2E

Ballet Boots.esp

2F

GagSFX.esp

mslDeviousCaptures.esp

TERAArmors_CBBE.esp

zzLSAR.esp

XPMSE.esp

SOSRaceMenu.esp

DeviouslyHelpless.esp

Captured Dreams.esp

SexLabSkoomaWhore.esp

3A

prostitutes.esp

3B

Shiny Catsuits.esp

3C

FNISspells.esp

3D

3E

S_L_U_T_S.esp

3F

submissivelola.esp

TheEyesOfBeauty.esp

Devious Deviants.esp

ScoclbQuestSexlab.esp

Since many of the menus are based off of SkyUI, and/or UIExtensions, it is often good practice to move them as high up the load order as your Mod Manager allows, so that they do not overwrite any mod's additional menus with defaults. I also tend to have better luck as well as being able to more clearly see how my load order is set up when I group all DD related mods together in the load order. Also, Racemenu should load fairly early in the list, so that additional presets or add-ons which rely on it, also avoid the risk of being over-written with defaults, which isn't likely your issue, but could help in other areas.

Start with those few things and see how it goes. I've been avoiding starting up NMM, since I just recently did a complete fresh re-install of the core game files themselves and did not yet want to risk NMM writing to my Skyrim folder until I decide if I want to switch to MO instead this time around. Otherwise I'd go check the load order that worked best for me, and repost it for comparison.

Load order as requested

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

SexLab.esm

ZaZAnimationPack.esm

SexLabAroused.esm

0A

hdtHighHeel.esm

0B

0C

0D

Inn Girls Resources.esm

0E

daymoyl.esm

0F

SGHairPackBase.esm

TERAArmors.esm

ScocLB.esm

HighResTexturePack01.esp

HighResTexturePack02.esp

HighResTexturePack03.esp

SkyUI.esp

FNIS.esp

Dual Sheath Redux.esp

1A

RaceMenu.esp

1B

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

1C

1D

KS Hairdos - HDT.esp

1E

RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp

1F

Schlongs of Skyrim.esp

SexLabMatchMaker.esp

xazPrisonOverhaul.esp

KS Hairdo's.esp

SGHairPackAIO.esp

Immersive Wenches.esp

hydra_slavegirls.esp

SLAnimLoader.esp

2A

UIExtensions.esp

2B

SexLabTools.esp

2C

pchs_loansharks.esp

2D

SexLabDefeat.esp

2E

Ballet Boots.esp

2F

GagSFX.esp

mslDeviousCaptures.esp

TERAArmors_CBBE.esp

zzLSAR.esp

XPMSE.esp

SOSRaceMenu.esp

DeviouslyHelpless.esp

Captured Dreams.esp

SexLabSkoomaWhore.esp

3A

prostitutes.esp

3B

Shiny Catsuits.esp

3C

FNISspells.esp

3D

3E

S_L_U_T_S.esp

3F

submissivelola.esp

TheEyesOfBeauty.esp

Devious Deviants.esp

ScoclbQuestSexlab.esp

Since many of the menus are based off of SkyUI, and/or UIExtensions, it is often good practice to move them as high up the load order as your Mod Manager allows, so that they do not overwrite any mod's additional menus with defaults. I also tend to have better luck as well as being able to more clearly see how my load order is set up when I group all DD related mods together in the load order. Also, Racemenu should load fairly early in the list, so that additional presets or add-ons which rely on it, also avoid the risk of being over-written with defaults, which isn't likely your issue, but could help in other areas.

Start with those few things and see how it goes. I've been avoiding starting up NMM, since I just recently did a complete fresh re-install of the core game files themselves and did not yet want to risk NMM writing to my Skyrim folder until I decide if I want to switch to MO instead this time around. Otherwise I'd go check the load order that worked best for me, and repost it for comparison.

Changed load order like you said, didn't help, here's the new load order.

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

SexLab.esm

ZaZAnimationPack.esm

hdtHighHeel.esm

0A

SexLabAroused.esm

0B

0C

0D

0E

Inn Girls Resources.esm

0F

daymoyl.esm

SGHairPackBase.esm

TERAArmors.esm

ScocLB.esm

DeviouslyHelpless.esp

Devious Deviants.esp

Captured Dreams.esp

submissivelola.esp

GagSFX.esp

RaceMenu.esp

1A

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

1B

RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp

1C

SkyUI.esp

1D

UIExtensions.esp

1E

HighResTexturePack01.esp

1F

HighResTexturePack02.esp

HighResTexturePack03.esp

FNIS.esp

Dual Sheath Redux.esp

KS Hairdos - HDT.esp

Schlongs of Skyrim.esp

SexLabMatchMaker.esp

2A

SexLabDefeat.esp

2B

mslDeviousCaptures.esp

2C

xazPrisonOverhaul.esp

2D

2E

KS Hairdo's.esp

2F

SGHairPackAIO.esp

Immersive Wenches.esp

hydra_slavegirls.esp

SLAnimLoader.esp

SexLabTools.esp

pchs_loansharks.esp

Ballet Boots.esp

TERAArmors_CBBE.esp

zzLSAR.esp

XPMSE.esp

3A

SOSRaceMenu.esp

3B

SexLabSkoomaWhore.esp

3C

prostitutes.esp

3D

Shiny Catsuits.esp

3E

FNISspells.esp

3F

S_L_U_T_S.esp

TheEyesOfBeauty.esp

ScoclbQuestSexlab.esp

Load order as requested

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

SexLab.esm

ZaZAnimationPack.esm

SexLabAroused.esm

0A

hdtHighHeel.esm

0B

0C

0D

Inn Girls Resources.esm

0E

daymoyl.esm

0F

SGHairPackBase.esm

TERAArmors.esm

ScocLB.esm

HighResTexturePack01.esp

HighResTexturePack02.esp

HighResTexturePack03.esp

SkyUI.esp

FNIS.esp

Dual Sheath Redux.esp

1A

RaceMenu.esp

1B

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

1C

1D

KS Hairdos - HDT.esp

1E

RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp

1F

Schlongs of Skyrim.esp

SexLabMatchMaker.esp

xazPrisonOverhaul.esp

KS Hairdo's.esp

SGHairPackAIO.esp

Immersive Wenches.esp

hydra_slavegirls.esp

SLAnimLoader.esp

2A

UIExtensions.esp

2B

SexLabTools.esp

2C

pchs_loansharks.esp

2D

SexLabDefeat.esp

2E

Ballet Boots.esp

2F

GagSFX.esp

mslDeviousCaptures.esp

TERAArmors_CBBE.esp

zzLSAR.esp

XPMSE.esp

SOSRaceMenu.esp

DeviouslyHelpless.esp

Captured Dreams.esp

SexLabSkoomaWhore.esp

3A

prostitutes.esp

3B

Shiny Catsuits.esp

3C

FNISspells.esp

3D

3E

S_L_U_T_S.esp

3F

submissivelola.esp

TheEyesOfBeauty.esp

Devious Deviants.esp

ScoclbQuestSexlab.esp

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

SexLab.esm

ZaZAnimationPack.esm

hdtHighHeel.esm

0A

SexLabAroused.esm

0B

0C

0D

0E

Inn Girls Resources.esm

0F

daymoyl.esm

SGHairPackBase.esm

TERAArmors.esm

ScocLB.esm

DeviouslyHelpless.esp

Devious Deviants.esp

Captured Dreams.esp

submissivelola.esp

GagSFX.esp

RaceMenu.esp

1A

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

1B

RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp

1C

SkyUI.esp

1D

UIExtensions.esp

1E

HighResTexturePack01.esp

1F

HighResTexturePack02.esp

HighResTexturePack03.esp

FNIS.esp

Dual Sheath Redux.esp

KS Hairdos - HDT.esp

Schlongs of Skyrim.esp

SexLabMatchMaker.esp

2A

SexLabDefeat.esp

2B

mslDeviousCaptures.esp

2C

xazPrisonOverhaul.esp

2D

2E

KS Hairdo's.esp

2F

SGHairPackAIO.esp

Immersive Wenches.esp

hydra_slavegirls.esp

SLAnimLoader.esp

SexLabTools.esp

pchs_loansharks.esp

Ballet Boots.esp

TERAArmors_CBBE.esp

zzLSAR.esp

XPMSE.esp

3A

SOSRaceMenu.esp

3B

SexLabSkoomaWhore.esp

3C

prostitutes.esp

3D

Shiny Catsuits.esp

3E

FNISspells.esp

3F

S_L_U_T_S.esp

TheEyesOfBeauty.esp

ScoclbQuestSexlab.esp

It seems a bit odd that it would not allow SkyUI and UIextensions be moved higher on the list.

Let's see if anybody else has any ideas that may work better, and I will get back to this as soon as I can, but it may be a while, since I still need to get body morphs working correctly before reinstalling the other mods that I already know to work.

We may be looking at an entirely different issue that I was previously unaware of: 

In all honesty I restarted a few times because new mcm's weren't loading in SkyUI and I didn't find the "Setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1" trick on the support pages, had to dig though reddits to find out how easy it is to refresh SkyUI. Restarted the game twice already by then  :P

Came looking for help with a missing texture issue, found someone who needed more help than I do. :)

!Warning! This is my first post here but I thought I'd upload part of my load order for you - as currently the only problem I've got with Devious Devices and Captured Dreams is a few missing textures. (Bright purple, shiny items)

I noticed that a lot of your plugins were really spread out - maybe that's it? After exporting a backup of your load order, try moving it around to resemble mine. 

Skyrim.esm -- 01
Update.esm -- 02
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp -- 03
Dawnguard.esm -- 04
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp -- 05
HearthFires.esm -- 06
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp -- 07
Dragonborn.esm -- 08
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp -- 09
SexLab.esm -- 10
SexLabAroused.esm -- 11
ZaZAnimationPack.esm -- 12
Devious Devices - Assets.esm -- 13
Devious Devices - Integration.esm -- 14
daymoyl.esm -- 15
hdtHighHeel.esm -- 16
CreatureFramework.esm -- 17
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm -- 18
dcc-soulgem-oven-000.esm -- 19
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm -- 20
RaceCompatibility.esm -- 21
TERAArmors.esm -- 22
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm -- 23
HighResTexturePack01.esp -- 24
HighResTexturePack02.esp -- 25
HighResTexturePack03.esp -- 26
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp -- 27
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp -- 28
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp -- 29
sr_ifpssl.esp -- 30
WetandCold.esp -- 31
WetandCold - Ashes.esp -- 32
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp -- 33
ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp -- 34
Devious Devices For Him.esp -- 35
DeviouslyHelpless.esp -- 36
display-model.esp -- 37
DW.esp -- 38
SexLab Aroused Creatures.esp -- 39
SexLab Enchantress.esp -- 40
SexLabWerewolvesMB.esp -- 41
UIExtensions.esp -- 42
SkyUI.esp -- 43
RaceMenu.esp -- 44

RaceMenuPlugin.esp -- 45

Schlongs of Skyrim.esp -- 68

I use LOOT, FNIS, and BodySlide2 - some of the devious devices stuff changed to require that in a recent update (I want to say Devious Expansion..?)

If you need more of the load order I'll get it out tomorrow (I have 141 active plugins XD). All of the needed mods show up in MCM. Hope this helps :D