Armory of Faerun - Heavy Plate Collection

Neptune

Cheers guys! Glad to see people are still intrested in this :) Yep Bascinet, Armet and Sallet Im including from another mod I found (witcher mod an some other mod) Theyll be fairly common steel helmets. And Ofc Ill credit their origional authors. Anyways, me new Intous graphics tablet has arrived (wahoo!) so Ill be shifting from modelling to texturing - but before that - I need to move my attention back onto a standalone game Ive been working in Unity 4. Gotta finish setting up the core logic (Character Controllers, AI, Navigation, Health/Damage System and Weapons).

Hopefully Ill get that wrapped up soon as Im itching to start texturing these badboy armors, and really just getting more experience in the realm of texturing itself. Yep, I like to bounce between projects. Also, if theres any specific (heavy armor) designs people really wanna see, nows your last chance to post pics (like others have), as once I move to texturing, I wont be making anymore new armor models!

Cheers guys! Glad to see people are still intrested in this :) Yep Bascinet, Armet and Sallet Im including from another mod I found (witcher mod an some other mod) Theyll be fairly common steel helmets. And Ofc Ill credit their origional authors. Anyways, me new Intous graphics tablet has arrived (wahoo!) so Ill be shifting from modelling to texturing - but before that - I need to move my attention back onto a standalone game Ive been working in Unity 4. Gotta finish setting up the core logic (Character Controllers, AI, Navigation, Health/Damage System and Weapons).

Hopefully Ill get that wrapped up soon as Im itching to start texturing these badboy armors, and really just getting more experience in the realm of texturing itself. Yep, I like to bounce between projects. Also, if theres any specific (heavy armor) designs people really wanna see, nows your last chance to post pics (like others have), as once I move to texturing, I wont be making anymore new armor models!

for the sister of battle textures

1-The model from Ut3 mod

2- the Former Witch hunters mod from Soulstorm(but i think that those guys doesn't give a shit anymore since its abandoned)

As far as I understood these Bascinet, Armet and Sallet authored Baraban? Would be of course what would you do the same types of helmets but other species, even if only Sallet.Apparently Stechhelm you get well.

In this illustration, I would like to see Sallet No. 7 and 8 (one and the same), with bevor course. Here is another illustration.

Under the number 6 is visible Bevor.

Another illustration can be found here. The truth is, not all of this series of books from Osprey

can you please do also for dreamgirl body? kinda rare armors for that.

*Obs: amazing work, really loved.

Since they are full body sets it probably will not matter about the body type. And DG is not far off from UNP as far as positioning is and such, so these should sit about right, but if you want when they are released if I get permission from the author I can( and honestly I am sure someone will anyways) convert them over to DG it takes but a few minutes.

@DorkDiva, thanks, yea its not really far from unp and i also learned do conversions (ty god), and belive or for me goes way more easier using 3ds max of using bodyslide studio, but thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Love these designs and the work your doing. If its not to late to request a heavy armor style I would really love to see an asymmetrical armor style. particularly where the right arm and shoulder is heavily armored and the left is lightly armored in metal or even leather armor or cloth such as the last armor you posted if had an alternative you removed the left arm armor and shoulder and replaced it with leather long glove and straps I'd be in love. Sorry I have have no pics of such armor on my phone at the moment but can edit it later once I'm home.

In short some asymmetrical armor focusing on the right arm would be amazing.

Regardless, amazing work. Thank you for your time and effort in these armors.

Just wondering, do you ever do combinations of light and heavy armours? You know, the 'mercenary' look. Heavy boots, one arm heavily armoured, heavy shoulder pads, one arm wrapped in bandages or with light leather gloves, a small amount of heavy plated armour on the torso in patches... I mean I love plated armour, but I love that look too, is all, and was wondering if that's the kinda thing you might do. Similar to this kind of thing.

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/43301/?

Both of the armors you guys are talking about, I think are called composite armors. Perhaps we can round out this project with 2 more composite armors then, one composite type based on the images ma01678 posted (classic composite armor+sallet), as a sort of master greatswordsmans plate, and another (perhaps using some of those model bits) monkey posted as a captain of a mercenary companies plate. Additionally, regarding the sisters of battle armor, those textures of the witch hunters mod are cool, but a little too flashy for me.

My armor isnt actually a sisters of battle armor, just highly influenced by it (haha semantics much?). Will likely go with a silver/embossed holy runes for the plate and blue or red cloth featuring white holy/royal insignia for the robe (though not sure if im really feeling the new version i did with the robed cuirass compaired to the old cuirass).

Once I finish these armors, you guys have my permission to convert them to what ever body type you like and/or retexture them. Im also fine with you releasing the conversions/retextures yourself, on any website of your choice, as long as you include the credits list of other modders work Ive used (which ill post once this mod is finished), and credit me aswell. With that said, these 2 composite armors will be the last 2 I do for this project. I wonder if this is perhaps the most epic heavy armor mod of all time? Hmmm.. :D

Wait, if you have not started to create armor about my past image, we would like to ask you to pay attention to this kind of armor called Gothic (German) in the first image at number 4, and a second image of the number 1 and 3. Course and Milan (Italian) would like to see the armor, but Gothic like more of a priority.

These look amazing, keep up the good work. 

Armor can indeed be sexy without being skimpy and we need more of those, not to mention just more heavy armor. Seem like about 95% of all the armor mods here are light armor :) (talking about original armors, not some skimpification of vanilla armor)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm starting to feel really bad, because this is one of the best progressing mods I've ever see and yet it's had no attention in almost two weeks. Come on people, this mod is fantastic!

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for the kind comments people! coming back to this topic every few weeks to see such messages of support has really, really kept me motivated. So thank you for that.

As some are wondering, I am still working on these armors - Im just a very busy person, an the summer has given me alotta seasonal work which is great cause MONEY :D but the flipside is I get less time to work on projects such as this :/ Curse you, RL! But fear not, I havnt Forgotten these Realms ;)

As for the armors - besides tweaking the existing models, and finishing the last 2 new ones Ive been looking for suitable metal textures for each armor. Wanting each to have their own distinct flavor, its been somewhat difficult find a decent variety high res medieval/fantasy steel textures - so if anyone wishes to help, I would be most appreciative if members here could keep an eye out for such textures - and post here with anything you find. That would really help me out.

Anyways, back to work :)

• 3 weeks later...

This looks delightful, as a Warhammer fan I'm greatly eager.

Could I request an option for some of this armors to be distributed amongst NPCs (Dawnguard, for example, and some elite members of the factions? as well as some travelling adventurers) - it always pained me to know, that I would never see many of the beautiful armors found on Nexus anywhere, unless I forge them (and obviously, I can't wear them all at the same time).

This looks delightful, as a Warhammer fan I'm greatly eager.

Could I request an option for some of this armors to be distributed amongst NPCs (Dawnguard, for example, and some elite members of the factions? as well as some travelling adventurers) - it always pained me to know, that I would never see many of the beautiful armors found on Nexus anywhere, unless I forge them (and obviously, I can't wear them all at the same time).

Once complete, I'll be distributing most of the armors amongst the Vanilla, Requiem, Immersive Patrols and Civil War Overhaul NPC's. Of course, some of the armors are unique, and can only be found in dungeons, or on a special encounter NPC.

And I agree, its a bit sad that the only way most armor mods make their way into the game is through crafting.. Wish that Armonizer mod went the whole 9 yards, and included all the best armor mods on nexus, instead of the 34 it currently includes - like Immersive Weapons. Im tempted to do something like this myself, once I finish this project.

Looks nice, when will it be finished?

When its done? I'd really like to give a better answer then that, but thats all I can say.

Archived