Armory of Faerun - Heavy Plate Collection

Neptune

5F5zlRZ.png

A little preview (old preview :P) of an armor mod Ive been working on for quite some time.

Im currently in the process of texturing the armors, with rigging and skinning soon to follow. The theme of the armors is that of the sets found in Faerun from the legendary role-playing game, Baldurs Gate 2: Shadows of Amn. The individual designs of each set are mainly inspired by both real plate armors such as Milanese, Gothic and Maximilian - my imagination - and those found in popular works of fiction such as Kingdom Under Fire, Warhammer 40k and Dungeons & Dragons.

@Daycrist Lol, first comment asking for skimpy version. Oh lovers lab..

@Dagren, Youve got a keen eye, yep thats the sisters of battle, Canoness armor. Modified for a medieval/fantasy setting + new, custom helmet. In Armory of Faerun, will be known as the Armor of Faith +3 from Baldurs Gate II :)

@Daycrist I see what your saying, and while tempting, you can already find hundreds of sexy armor mods on LL, Nexus, SteamWS and SkyrimModType. I am however tempted to create a subtle, slimmed down, boob-plate version of the plate mail armor +1 for females. Something like this perhaps

I09sBeV.png

@Monkey Cheers man, wait till you see these badboys with textures an normal maps ;)

@Daycrist I see what your saying, and while tempting, you can already find hundreds of sexy armor mods on LL, Nexus, SteamWS and SkyrimModType. I am however tempted to create a subtle, slimmed down, boob-plate version of the plate mail armor +1 for females. Something like this perhaps

I09sBeV.png

@Monkey Cheers man, wait till you see these badboys with textures an normal maps > :)

Now that is sexy and what I mean and the pic I posted is actually Drow Plate from Forgotten Realms and Faerun which is why I figured it would make such a good example of what I mean

@Daycrist yeah I getcha, forgotten realms dose give you some nice wiggle room in regards to female armor designs, Im just hesitant due to the sheer volume of existing female armor mods. That said, seeing as I havnt done a plate mail +1, I could probs modify the normal plate mail easily enough into the +1 version. Which type of breatsplate would people prefer? Image 1, 2 or 3?

@daychrist, glad ur diggin em. thanks for badgering me to make em. wasnt so sure when u first mentioned female versions, but now really happy you did as thieve turned out great :)

@romulda5, thanks man, female+heavy ftw

@Deedlit, Im only supporting UNP, sorry mate.

@striksen, yeah i cant wait to see these ingame either. im actually waiting to finish these before I start playing skyrim again.

Quick update, final versions after some last minute mesh edits

Plate Mail +1 Unisex Version, Helm of Glory

[image]

Plate Mail +2 Unisex Version, Heavy Stechhelm +1

0myTjxg.png

np still cool. unp goes fine with dreamgirl, not a exact fit, but goes close. Thanks

i got a idea, its kinda lol, but what you think about some armors from berserk manga? its really cool ones and lore +.

some examples :

Griffith_Armor_4_Berserk_Manga_by_Amethy

nfobv0r8kz.jpg

IMG_9489_zps265f2f62.jpg

berserk_armor_by_ragash-d5x5q5x.jpg

2-1.jpg

if you take a look at manga will find alot more really good, its a manga but with focus at ocidental medieval era.

@Monkey, that looks pretty similar to the white dragon plate I was planning to do once i got everything else wrapped up. 

@Deedlit, ah thats good, I know that feel when you found a cool armor mod but cant use it due to different body mod ><

Another quick update, Armor of Faith +3 Unisex Version, Blessed Helm of Lathander +2

IuG8d9t.png

Inspired by the awesome Kingdom Under Fire paladin

TjSaMLr.jpg

@Monkey, that looks pretty similar to the white dragon plate I was planning to do once i got everything else wrapped up. 

@Deedlit, ah thats good, I know that feel when you found a cool armor mod but cant use it due to different body mod ><

Another quick update, Armor of Faith +3 Unisex Version, Blessed Helm of Lathander +2

Inspired by the awesome Kingdom Under Fire paladin

First, WOOT! You're gonna do something similar to that! Secondly, HELL YES, KINGDOM UNDER FIRE!

Moar updates

Finalized AoF +3 mesh design, small tweaks an stuff.

And a new high-level, unisex armor :D

Armor of the Hart +6, Helm of the Knight-Champion +4

Armor of the Hart: Few suits of armor in all the Realms are the equal of this full plate. All that remains of the origin of the Hart are folktales and legends. The most popular of these is that an impossible battle was once fought against an army of orcs surging through the Three Trees Pass. Arngor of the Oak led the armies of men and elves and it is said that he dueled with the orc commander till the sun set and the land was bathed in a bloody mist. Finally the orc fell but Arngor had sustained wounds too vast for any to save him. His blood soaked through the armor he wore, infusing it with his courage and nobility. Thus the Armor of the Hart became known to men.

Right well that was alotta work, but danm, real happy with the result. Hopefully you guys are to. That said, I'd like to move onto something else, so doubt Ill start on the last 2 armors (drow an white dragon) for awhile. Theres also already a huge number of finished armors here in need of a good texturing and rigging/skinning so that needs to be addressed soon. Think I'll bosh out a few swords and shields (obviously slightly elss effort to model then full suits of armor!) to round-out this project and that should be it. Anyways, time for some game of thrones!

This is an amazing armour, finally some love for heavy plate "wearers" ( is this how you spell it? ).

Reminds me of Heroes 6 human footmens designs

Yea man, us heavy plate wearers have been neglected for far to long. Everywhere you look its either light armor, clothing 'armor', chainmail biki's or some other low quality game ripped armor. That said, there are a few decent heavy armor mods out there, so props to those mod authors for such great work.

Can deffo see the similarities between hart an the heroes footman, delicious heavy plate ftw :D Im diggin that guys helm aswell.

Archived