Is white hair supposed to be streaked?  Gotta few chars changed over to see how they looked, and black haired ones always look awesome, red was great, blond looked a litte streaked and white was total salt an' peppa.  Trying to make a raven lass into some other color made here streaked like mad on all colors.  This normal or just stuff baked in my saves?

BTW, this hair's liberatin'!  Makes me want t o play more again after months of meh.

I don't know what happened. I started a new game and the hair worked fine. I saved and loaded the game and this happens. I just want to give up on HDT because of this crap.

Looks like your hair wants to eat your face. :P

But seriously had to say I know there is still some bugs with the physics yet. It is why I am waiting for not before trying it again. I have high hopes the great modders out there will eventually come up with a great system that works fantastic, but any great breakthru takes time to perfect. :)

As for fixing it, I am guessing you tried reloading the save? How about jumping around to try and get the hair to move and hopefully go back to it's normal place. Like jumping off something somewhat high to the hair all should go up and then hopefully go back in place on your back when you land.

Looks like your hair wants to eat your face. :P

But seriously had to say I know there is still some bugs with the physics yet. It is why I am waiting for not before trying it again. I have high hopes the great modders out there will eventually come up with a great system that works fantastic, but any great breakthru takes time to perfect. :)

As for fixing it, I am guessing you tried reloading the save? How about jumping around to try and get the hair to move and hopefully go back to it's normal place. Like jumping off something somewhat high to the hair all should go up and then hopefully go back in place on your back when you land.

The only save that I had working was an autosave that sent me back to the starting cave before reaching Riverwood. I was also able to load a save in a small cell like the the Morning Wood shop from SOS. Loading a save outside or a building as larger than Lucan's shop will make this mess happen. I've tried jumping off a cliff but I think I need to be really high to reach the speed of sound.

Try using showracemenu, select another hair, and select the hair again. But I dont have any idea why that happens and I couldnt replicate that issue. Are you using other HDT mods aswell? (like those HDT bouncing Kits with collisions)

Try using showracemenu, select another hair, and select the hair again. But I dont have any idea why that happens and I couldnt replicate that issue. Are you using other HDT mods aswell? (like those HDT bouncing Kits with collisions)

I figured out what is was. I had edited an armor set in the BodySlide tool by Caliente and somehow the skeleton from the original armor went haywire. I know I copied skeleton weights but I think the tool is too simple to break. Man, I feel stupid. I'm going to figure out how to properly morph armors before going back to that tool.

• 3 weeks later...

I would love it if the hair didn't jump around/stutter on itself when still, maybe the problem is in my end?

You'll need Notepad++ or similar app to edit MhairCAP_L.xml, MhairBK_L.xml, MhairCAP_S.xml, and MhairBK_S.xml located in,

Data > Meshes > Actors > character > character assets > hair > Yoo

Open the XML and find this parameter:

<hkparam name="timefactor">1.000000</hkparam>

Reduce the time value by half so it will now look like this:

<hkparam name="timefactor">0.500000</hkparam>

Save the changes.

Done.

I would love it if the hair didn't jump around/stutter on itself when still, maybe the problem is in my end?

You'll need Notepad++ or similar app to edit MhairCAP_L.xml, MhairBK_L.xml, MhairCAP_S.xml, and MhairBK_S.xml located in,

Data > Meshes > Actors > character > character assets > hair > Yoo

Open the XML and find this parameter:

<hkparam name="timefactor">1.000000</hkparam>

Reduce the time value by half so it will now look like this:

<hkparam name="timefactor">0.500000</hkparam>

Save the changes.

Done.

I made the changes as suggested and the effects are now much more natural IMO.  I am going to play around with even lower numbers.  Can you help with the parameter for less violent hair swing when the character is moving?  If my PC moves from a standing still position while the hair is motionless, the hair movement is now very exaggerated.  Less so when the hair was flapping around but much more noticeable when the hair has less movements while still.  The original xml was good to resemble the movie but Skyrim has no wind physics and the big hair movements just seems unnatural.

EDIT: I was wrong.  After a clean install and using the latest HDT physics installation method in HDT for Beginners, it turned out that the exaggerated hair movement was probably due to the Havok attached to my femalehead.nif.  With a clean install and HDT Physics for Beginners, the default effect is better than with the dampened changes, IMO. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Outstanding job Yoo. Works great on a player character, I'd like to add it to a custom race follower for personal use, but I'm having trouble. I've launched the creation kit with the Merida Hair mod and my Custom Race NPC, but I don't see Merida Hair listed in the hair options on the character parts tab. I thought "esmifying" Merida Hair to make it a master might help, but that didn't do the trick. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, any tips on how to make a Merida Hair inspired sidekick?

I think that on the "Project Merida - Another Shitty Hair" Thread there was a couple guys talking about how to add it to NPCs.

I'm not a big fan of followers since skyrim AI SUCKS (I would kill for a follower AI like in Dragon's Dogma...) that's why I never tried to add it to a NPC.