[Unofficial] Hdt Physics Extension Tutorials - Under Construction

I have some problems while trying to achieve what I want. 

Some screenshots of my problem: Galery

As you can see, the breasts kind of stick away from the body and I just can't figure out what I have to change with JFF to let them hang more.

Can someone help me please?

@foreveraloneguy: Thank you, although that wasn't really the problem. I just had to change the pivot under the contraint settings

But now I do have another question. Everything is fine, except when I start to run then the breasts of my character get pressed flat. How can I prevent that?

@foreveraloneguy: Thank you, although that wasn't really the problem. I just had to change the pivot under the contraint settings

But now I do have another question. Everything is fine, except when I start to run then the breasts of my character get pressed flat. How can I prevent that?

limit the constraints in that 1 direction (You'll have to experiment with what direction that is)

edit: if it's groovy's skeleton it should in theory be -x axis that you should reduce constraint in. According to foreveraloneguy's data.

• 3 weeks later...

Sry if missing the posty where it was explained, but what are "constraint" settings in JFF?  Are they the inertial tensors or the capsule vertex XYZs?  Or is there something I missed?  :/    I change tensors and it d/n save settings.  Needs mass for those?  Needs to be diagonally same number in X Y Z going down from top left to lower right?  I nvr saves unless I do this.

Tryin to get belly to move a little up and down and a lot in and out, but no side to side, and not have over jiggle like an echo when colliding, but wow when I fix it I just make it worse and worse in other things and have to go back to backup a lot  >.<   Sort of not bad now but it has like a spikey belly button when it moves and still spazs out flying around jaggy like a laser when collision happens.  Tried increase capsule radius of belly or prebelly to make it not spiky (IDK if that weven is right thing to do that; figured bigger means more rounded less spiky), but just make it start colliding with other stuff I think because it justs jiggles for no reason then even when not moving.

Thx for any help, guys.  P.S. if there's a thread that answers all this, a link would do fine  ;)  Tyty!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Very nice post. 

How easy will it be to make a guide on how we can convert hair or maybe armor to "HDT Ready". I imagin basic knowledge of a 3d software would be required in order to create the collision mesh..

TBH it'd be a bit hard, but there are already other somewhat good resources available for those types of tutorials:

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/782-hdt-autopilot-tools-for-3ds/

HDT tutorials by canderes:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/9204-an-introduction-to-3ds-max-and-skyrim/

Ok this and the other guides helped a lot, after a lot of work I finally got everything working. I am using a xml file from HDT Breast and Butt Bounce Physics mod for general movement and the breasts are perfect but for me the butt keeps moving for way to long afterwards.

So i would like to reduce the movement especially how quickly it stops.

Now assuming I am understanding this correctly what I want to change is the NPC L Butt and the NPC R Butt and not the NPC L PreButt and NPC R PreButt correct?

Assuming I am correct with that, then what I want to change is the NPC L Butt and NPC R Butt, Linear Damping and Angular Damping. The closer to 1.0 the less movement after the first yes? Currently they are set to Linear 0.75 and Angular 0.296. So if I change them so they are both at 0.75 that will greatly reduce the after effects of the rotation correct?

I think I have this figured out but want to be sure before I start making changes that I am not completely wrong.

I have a question of curiosity, in the xml file I am using it has gravity set to 1.0 but if your guide you said it should be set to 9.8. Well that is a huge difference what exactly would this do if anything being off that much?

My final question is just what is the difference between say NPC L PreBreast and NPC L Breast?

I have a question of curiosity, in the xml file I am using it has gravity set to 1.0 but if your guide you said it should be set to 9.8. Well that is a huge difference what exactly would this do if anything being off that much?

My final question is just what is the difference between say NPC L PreBreast and NPC L Breast?

Gravity is hardcoded into the plugin.

The XML gravity is how much does the force of gravity act on the object.

1.0 being full gravity.

Keep it at 1.0, as it dictates overall movement (not just downward movement as you would think)

• 2 weeks later...

Gravity is hardcoded into the plugin.

The XML gravity is how much does the force of gravity act on the object.

1.0 being full gravity.

Keep it at 1.0, as it dictates overall movement (not just downward movement as you would think)

Ok got it, RL distracted me for a bit. I still wonder what the stats in the NPC L PreBreast for example does. I got the gravity and NPC L Breast part figured out. Been playing with those just testing them to figure them out and I got them. What about the other one? Is that what controls the first over all movement? That is what I think it is but just wanting to confirm it.

Ok got it, RL distracted me for a bit. I still wonder what the stats in the NPC L PreBreast for example does. I got the gravity and NPC L Breast part figured out. Been playing with those just testing them to figure them out and I got them. What about the other one? Is that what controls the first over all movement? That is what I think it is but just wanting to confirm it.

The Pre-breast is not supposed to be used for movement/collision purposes other than to act as an anchor point for the actual breast collision.

It is important to make sure this collision shape is set to virtual and is a KEYFRAME object. This will ensure that settings in the pre-breast box do not override or conflict with the actual breast stuff you define.

Commonly people have this placebo thing, where the pre-breasts are not set to virtual and they go change some values in Breast and test in-game their changes and think they see a difference when in reality there is none, because the pre-breast collision overrides the breast and screws up your values.

Edit: I didn't answer your question properly lol, The Pre-breast is an 'anchor point' or 'Parent' of the breasts. Basically it tells from where should physics values be constrained to and such. The distance between this pivot point and the breast pivot point is how many modes of freedom your physics can have.

Ah ok, so then is there a way to change how much motion there is with the first movement? I figured out how to change how much after motion there is. But what if I wanted to change so there is less initial bounce in the first place, what if anything is there to change that? Or is that changing the mass that causes that? Which I am starting to think it is but I might be wrong.

Changing your mass, inertial tensors and friction values will indeed change your first 'bounce' but it will also effect all other effects as well.

In essence if you just want the capacity to create a heavier exaggerated initial bounce, increase the constraint values to allow more freedom for the breast constraints. And increase mass a little bit too. The effects should be clear.

(Please note their is a limit to how heavy or exaggerated your bounces can be, as the other factors that weigh in is the acceleration of the movement, which is animation dependant. Instantaneous (choppy) switches will/can provide a heavier bounce. Where as more drawn out (fluid) animations will have less 'acceleration' and provide less jiggle.)

Ok I think I got it. So if I wanted to decrease the first bounce some what I would do is decrease the numbers. So for example if the starting numbers are.

Mass 0.9

Inertia Tensor 3.54   0.00   0.00

0.00   3.54   0.00

0.00   0.00   3.54

I would change it to

Mass 0.8

and change the 3.54 number to say 4.

This would then decrease the first bounce yes?

• 3 weeks later...

What would I want to change if I wanted to affect the "area" of the breasts that are affected by something like the idle animation? Like when the hands drag up the side, if I wanted to make that collision area bigger so it dragged longer.

E: Haha, nevermind. Under L or R Breast go to hpkCapsuleShape and change Radius.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Blabba i have been playing around with this some more and I have gotten a lot of it down, least well enough. I am curious on one thing which I have not been able to figure out. What effects the amount of the first bounce. I am assuming gravity and mass? but anything else?