Just had to say.... ran into the library computer in the train station the first time! Got a good laugh! :heart:

:angel:

Oh and if you're wondering... no, I didn't forget to translate it, it has its own meanings :)

I've got a VERY spoilerish question.

What is supposed to occur when you eat the cake in the cavern? Or perhaps a better question is, any known problems with that? I get a reproducible crash every time.

I'm going to see if I can figure out what's causing the issue. Yay for conflicts! :angel:

Noone's ever had that problem, and a conflict is quite non probable. I need to understand exactly when it happens, if when you eat, when you put down your arm with pipboy... are you running an enb? can you see the fade to black before the crash? Also, are you playing with a child race?

If you don't care about spoiler, this is what happens:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjrmgMraG-8#t=72

OK in response....

I'm in the cavern, as soon as the pipboy goes down some effects start (probably that first IMOD) then it fades to black (second IMOD if I read the script right), then BOOM. Crash.

No child race. Standard race using Ling's. And... what's an enb? :shy:

That part wasn't tested in the last version because it was always good in the previouses one.

It leaves only two possibilities in my opinion. /rant Or some reference/script got screwed for the same ol' story I don't want to investigate because it's useless and un productive fighting against the engine itself /endrant, or it could be that the script can't timing properly because of too many mods installed/rig you are using. In that precise moment, the script generates a reference. If it can't do that because of excessive delay it CTDs. Oh, I hope I remember well what I wrote :) I'm inside many things and my mind's overwhelmed, but thank you for your report, I'll check it asap when I will finish these current works. Still, it wasn't ever reported in the previouses versions so this confuses me. I know for sure a user finished that part in the previous few days so even the last version should be ok. Are you running many mods?

PS this is an ENB. It's plenty for many games, I personally always play with them but I already noticed how they screw heavy scripts, causing these kinds of issues

EDIT: just to be sure, if you play in third person, can you try to switch in first person, or viceversa? I mean, just in that place, before you eat the cake

@Nessa:  You can convert FO3 mods for playing with TTW.  It's pretty easy.  I think that bodies are a little more involved.  Can't remember if armors are special.  It's in the TTW FAQ.

The trouble I have with TTW is the number of mods I ran with FO3. Combine that with what I'm running with FONV and things get messy. FO3 seems to handle more mods than FONV. I have well over 130 mods in FO3 and have no trouble. If I get too much over the 130 mark for FONV I get wonky textures and other problems showing up. (Like, my companions having bright magenta skin and I know the textures are present. Quitting and restarting the game solves it for awhile...)

Oh, I'm running lots of mods...  :cool:  (I think 130ish or so...) That's why I tend to think it's probably related to too many scripts rather than any fault with Alice itself. I've been testing it a bunch and managed to not crash a few times. When this happened the script got to the freeze player controls part but didn't increase the player's size. Now that I understand the script better I know I should wait and see if the script auto-ends. The next time I can get it not to freeze I'll be sure to wait and see if it ends at least.

It seems switching to 3rd person and turning off the pipboy light seems to stop the crashing...  sometimes.

*rant zone* Totally understand not wanting to look too closely into this!!! The GECK isn't exactly the nicest thing to bug test. :s  If it's not crashing at inopportune moments, it's frying your mod when you save it. Plus testing ANYTHING for the Fallouts is rather annoying with that idiot slideshow stupidity you have to wait on EVERY. GAME. START. I have a couple quest mods myself that may never finish simply due to the fact that ... I HATE TESTING the stupid thing. I figured when I was wanting to throw my own computer out the window it was probably time for a break. :blush:

I don't know...  I was thinking what I might do if I can't figure out the issue is to simply skip it. Alice is the only thing keeping me playing FONV at the moment and after I finish it I'm back to Oblivion and probably something else for awhile. :shy:

At any rate, Alice is my all time favorite quest mod for FONV. Splendid work! :heart: :heart:

If you retried too, and it didn't crash sometimes, I start to think it's a matter of that reference not created in the right time because of the excessive work of all the mods loaded. When I (or other people too) do scripts like these, of course we all try to do it in the best way we can, but there's a certain point where you must decide to stop, because after that point it becomes impossible to be handled. It's a matter of choices. And I'm bad to explain what I have in mind. But just to let you understand better, think to vanilla: vanilla breaks sometimes when your installation is too modded. This doesn't make vanilla bad, it's simply that they had to draw a line at a certain point or the whole gameplay for unmodded installations would become crappy and full of redundant delays.

Anyway I'm glad you liked it :)

Really what I should do is deactivate everything script heavy but Alice and go from there. I'm sure it work then. But ... as you said, you have to draw a line somewhere or you go pazza. :angel:  (Well, I'm already pazza but that's another story!!!) :shy:

more than driving crazy, it's a matter of "balancement" in my opinion. Let me make an example... so Nina has this script that runs every 5 seconds. If you use an ENB, it won't work, so I must raise that value to 10 seconds. With a full modded and heavily scripted NV, only god knows how many seconds it would require. So if "theoretically" it is possible for me to raise that value and make it work, it also means that people with a lighter version should wait something like 30 seconds before that Nina reacts. It wouldn't be fair doing something like that to them, don't you think?

Now that we're doing everything in a spoiler like this I want to post like this all the time! :cool: (I DID say I was crazy....) :D

The quest update times were a major pain for me. I had one complicated set working for myself (with tons of mods) and it was quick. Another person was testing it and it apparently took a good a full minute to clear. Very annoying!! I should really have a "modding" FONV setup with few mods and a "play" FONV setup like I do for Oblivion. Makes matters simpler I think. :lol:

I always say what's fair in modding is what's best for the author. After all, we don't get paid for this and if you aren't careful, it's almost as much work as a real job! :angel:

• 11 months later...

What sort of problems will I run into if I have a COTW player character?

I tried installing this when I was ignorant of the possible conflict with COTW,

and got CTD's while the game was loading - is that the sort of problem you're

thinking of or is it more like certain quests won't work correctly?

Paradoxally, when I was doing this quest I was playing with CotW, so I don't think it's the reason.

However, it was CotW of 2 years ago, I remember Luthien told me he updated it with new NVSE functions. I never tried a new version.

Are you really sure CotW and Alice are incompatible? couldn't it come from something else in the Load Order? Even because Alice shouldn't touch races

EDIT: oh, wait, I got it... it's about my comment in the description :) no, that was for another reason, which is very marginal. There's a quest where a script changes your scale and then it changes the scale back to 1. So if you are using a mod which uses a smaller scale, you will have to re-scale you manually. But nothing else :)

I must have forgotten to install something, I guess.

I'll try it again.

Please let me know how it goes. Also if you are using TTW plugin, check if there's some master who wasn't necessary once (maybe TTW team changed something). I can't run TTW.

I am using TTW. Right now I'm in the middle of Mothership Zeta, so I'll have to wait

until I escape. I love Mothership Zeta :) I'm going to open it up in the GECK and have

a good look at the lighting; they did some interesting things with it.

Why can't you run TTW? The installer has gotten WAY better with the more recent version.

I only managed to switch one game in english, my slow connection would require weeks to switch NV language, it would mean I'm blocked from modding it for a long time and I would prefer to avoid it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am playing coito ergo sum , tales , ahd alice in wasteland atm so I haven't go to far with this mod.

However, it is just enormous fun. I love the characters and dialog.Working on quests in the dorm house atm . Just finnished the date with t , hehe that was really funny.Hopefully there is a round 2.  you have an amazing imagination. Thank you for this mod.

Oh, just one question can you actually feed the sleepy guard enough so that he is not starving?

I am playing coito ergo sum , tales , ahd alice in wasteland atm so I haven't go to far with this mod.

However, it is just enormous fun. I love the characters and dialog.Working on quests in the dorm house atm . Just finnished the date with t , hehe that was really funny.Hopefully there is a round 2.  you have an amazing imagination. Thank you for this mod.

Thanks so much, I'm so glad you appreciated.

My worst regret is it's not voiced, but on a side I should have found 2 dozens of crazy voice actors, and on the other side I had to voice MORE THAN 4k LINES... -_- which is very time consuming. This was also my very first mod, I never modded before and my experience was pretty low, after all the time I worked on it I really wanted to put an end.

I really hope you'll be able to play all the contents. Because take this in account: you can fail, even the whole mod, and some contents will be denied then. That's why I included the complete walkthrough, I can't say the mod's easy, not at all.

Oh, just one question can you actually feed the sleepy guard enough so that he is not starving?

Abssssolutely...

Here if you want some slight spoiler:

there are only 2 foods that can really feed him. One could come from the quest itself, so you probably still didn't arrive to that point. The second one comes from vanilla Fallout, and it's probably the best food around the whole Mojave :) had to do this because you can fail the quest that leads you to gain the special food.

• 10 months later...