HDT Werewolves

Moonlight Tales + Werewolf Mastery Edition. ESPs only.

attachicon.gifHDT WerewolfMastery.zip

Do you have fix for werewolf mastery only ?? i do not have dawnguard. and moonlight tales needs dawnfuard, and the werewolf mastery i use have no dawnguard added to it, what version of mastery do you use for this fix ??

Werewolf Mastery does not edit the werewolf skin, so you should be fine installing the files from the base hdt_werewolves file from the first post, no compatibility patch required. Just remember to activate the Werewolves ESP in your preferred launcher.

Thank you for this. I was just lamenting the lack of enormous boobs on my werewolves, and now I have 6! (Although the collisions wonk out when I scale the bones up to where I like 'em, so I ended up with just two. C'est la vie.)

• 4 weeks later...

Newbie questions:

1. Is this a complete replacement for Mighty Beats - Werewolf?

2. What does this mod do besides giving female werewolves breast physics?  Since all vanilla werewolves are male and SOS already included werewolf, what does this mod do for male? 

3. OP stated that there is a HDT Giants but I cannot find anything.   Is there also a HDT Vampire Lord project somewhere?

are there pictures of  smaller chested  female werewolves?

Here is a sample image:

post-173734-0-17520100-1400478951_thumb.png

There isn't any texture to it, but hopefully it shows an indicator of the size.

Newbie questions:

1. Is this a complete replacement for Mighty Beats - Werewolf?

2. What does this mod do besides giving female werewolves breast physics?  Since all vanilla werewolves are male and SOS already included werewolf, what does this mod do for male? 

3. OP stated that there is a HDT Giants but I cannot find anything.   Is there also a HDT Vampire Lord project somewhere?

1. It can be--you can use either .esp since the files use the same naming conventions, but I do not recommend using both as they both have very similar functions (though, at least from what I am aware of, using mine will allow you to see female werewolves in their entirety because the Biped Object visibility slots that are activated--so there will be an advantage in using the one from this mod). I do advise that if you are using SoS-Full, to use the male meshes from Mighty Beasts as the male meshes found on this mod is best used for SoS-Light.

2. As explained above, for the males, it adds a penis mesh onto the body and is ideally used for SoS-Light. If you intend on using SoS-Full, you are able to disable "Schlongification" on werewolves and it should theoretically work (unless you want double penises for your werewolf beasts).

3. I added the link in the OP for reference, thanks for pointing that out. It's probably buried very low in the Skyrim Adult Mods section by now. As for Vampire Lords, I am not yet sure, but there could be one floating around somewhere... eventually!

Thanks for the link.  There is a lot more information on that page about the HDT monster projects.  So just to summarize for myself, the idea is to bring HDT mesh into monsters similar to mods currently exist for human female body mesh but besides jiggly there isn't any mod taking advantage of the physics in the mesh at the moment such as when bodies collide (I am still confused by the various approaches and piecemeal information available from various modders on human body collision but that's another topic).

Can't remember where I saw it, think it was somewhere within the HDT section here, but I saw that there is at least one project being undertaken to apply physics to bodies, in terms of collision, etc.

I believe it was called Project FLESH, or something like that. I don't think that the person has actually uploaded any pertinent files, yet - just a mention that he was working on something. Should this pan out, it could be amazing, especially when dealing with Cloth Physics and how they interact with "solid" surfaces.

Also, it could help to allleviate , if not remove entirely, some of the awful clipping that occurs during animation. This is not to say that the animations are bad, just simply how the current physics in Skyrim is poor in dealing with physics, atm

Outside of hand-made (joint-based and morph-based) and motion-captured animation, physics-dependant animation falls into three major forms (at least in the real-time systems department).

One is rigid-body physics, which include things like falling boxes, jiggling bones, etc. This is the most simple out of the three because it's a per-object basis when it comes to calculation. Of course, it can be built to become more complex, but generally it is used because it doesn't kill in calculation time, depending on the CPU/GPU that's doing the calculations. Most game engines tend to use this kind of physics animation because of this. HDT_PE is currently using this kind of physics-based animation technique, applying it to the bones of a skeleton which in turn affect the vertices of a mesh the bones are weighted to, creating the illusion of jiggly bits.

The second is soft-body physics, which include things like cloth and other similar deformable objects. This is a step up from rigid body since, like rigid body dynamics, imagine that each vertex is a bone and all those bones are affected by physics--not only that, but the bones have to still conform to a shape after being affected. So instead of being one object affected by physics, the vertices of that object/mesh is being affected. The more vertices you have the more computation has to be done. You can see why this is not ideal for game engines unless there is powerful enough hardware to support it. The best part about per-vertex physics would be that it would be easier to make the mesh not clip on "solid" objects (after defining the collision boundaries, of course). This is one of the things HDT_PE is trying to achieve, but hasn't yet gotten there. I know that the Havok engine should support soft-body physics, but I am unsure if Skyrim's engine allows for it. So far it seems that if you want cloth-like physics without the inter-penetrations and are under the limitations of rigid-body dynamics, you must use a lot of bones, skin weight your meshes very well, and generously apply collision information.

The third is fluid-based physics, which create deformations like water and other liquids. This kind of physics makes the object conform to the shape of it's container rather than to it's own shape. Normally, fluid dynamics affect particles which are calculated to form an overall shape for each interval in time, and each time a new mesh is automatically built to conform to that shape. You can imagine how calculation intensive this is and how (at least at this point) it is not ideal for a real-time system to have--especially if you have an old CPU/GPU. Pile on collisions, shaders/materials/textures, and other interactions and Skyrim might explode after one cell load. I don't think this is a possibility in Havok's physics engine, so ultimately this might not be the aim of HDT_PE, but it's something interesting nonetheless.

So at this point, we are currently looking at rigid-body physics until we can sort out how to access soft-body dynamics.

jacque2000 - Thank you.  This is the best introduction to HDT_PE applications for users I've read and I have read every article I could found on the topic.  clp tried very hard to explain to me in layman's terms how difficult it is to standardized human body collision mods in Skyrim but I only got a little gist of it due to language barrier.  Please make this a sticky or a part of the HDT_PE tutorial.

jacque2000 - Thank you.  This is the best introduction to HDT_PE applications for users I've read and I have read every article I could found on the topic.  clp tried very hard to explain to me in layman's terms how difficult it is to standardized human body collision mods in Skyrim but I only got a little gist of it due to language barrier.  Please make this a sticky or a part of the HDT_PE tutorial.

Thank you, I am glad you understand the basic concepts. I'll leave it up to the moderators if they want to sticky or copy-paste/quote it.

Is there anyway to set the butt weight on females to a lower setting?

You can edit the "hdtPhysicsExtensionsCollisionBBP.xml" file, found under the path "...\Data\SKSE\Plugins\hdtPhysicsExtensions\Werewolf\", using the JustForFun tool. I don't mind if you want to share your .xml in this topic also--I can link it to the opening post for you.

I think that I may have worded that last comment incorrectly. I'm not that mod savy and don't know all the jargon yet. So, let me try this again. How would i go about changing the size of the female character's butt. I've seen other mods say something about lowering or raising the base of the weight slider. I was wondering if it could just be changed for the one attribute?

I've also have another question. I've tried to graphically edit the texture of this mod to add the vagina and anus into the real ww black and white texture. But with no avail. Adding the art to the base .dds file worked for the most part. the image was there but what was white is now transparent and the gray is a very glossy black. What I have to work with is trial and error since I can't find any tutorials explaining how the three layers work.

Great job on the mod jacques00. thank you

I think that I may have worded that last comment incorrectly. I'm not that mod savy and don't know all the jargon yet. So, let me try this again. How would i go about changing the size of the female character's butt. I've seen other mods say something about lowering or raising the base of the weight slider. I was wondering if it could just be changed for the one attribute?

I've also have another question. I've tried to graphically edit the texture of this mod to add the vagina and anus into the real ww black and white texture. But with no avail. Adding the art to the base .dds file worked for the most part. the image was there but what was white is now transparent and the gray is a very glossy black. What I have to work with is trial and error since I can't find any tutorials explaining how the three layers work.

Great job on the mod jacques00. thank you

Ah, I see. Well, you can change the base weight of your character, but do know that doing so will also change the weight of the character's human form as well. You can change the weight by either using the Race Menu or typing "player.setnpcweight ##" in the console, where the "##" are any number between 0 and 100. If you don't want to alter the weight, you can also scale the size of the werewolf's butt bones down in the skeleton file and that should shrink them as well (though I can't say much for the thighs in comparison). Otherwise, if another modder wants to step in, they can create slimmer versions of the female werewolves as a replacer and I'll link them here.

As for the textures, I am not sure why you are having issues there, but the textures work like so:

The diffuse map, or "color" map, is the texture normally labelled as just the full name without any special suffix (if so, usually "_d" is the suffix)--in this case "femaleWerewolfbody.dds". It should contain 4 channels of information, R, G, B, and A--basicaly, RGB is the color information (the part you should be changing if you want different colors/textures). The A is the alpha-channel, used for transparency (if the shader is set up for that). The A channel should be left untouched unless you really want to alter how the transparency looks.

The normal map is the texture normally labelled with the suffix "_n" (for tangent-space) or "_msn" (for world-space)--in this case "femaleWerewolfbody_n.dds". It too should contain four channels of information, again, R, G, B, and A. The RGB values designate how far right-left, up-down, in-out a texture should be rendering light and shadows (kind of detailing depth on an otherwise flat surface). The A channel designates the grayscale value of the specular map (again, dependent on the shader setup, but in this case it's specular). The specular map defines how shiny something is (glossiness is constant and defined in the .nif file, I think--unless there's another map that defines that). Sometimes the specular map is it's own texture file (with the suffix "_s"), but this is usually if the specular has RGB color information too--otherwise, a grayscale specular can be combined with the normal  map to lessen computation in the game, it just needs to be defined in the shader to render in-game properly.

The sub-surface scattering map, or translucent map--or simply "skin" map--is normally labelled with the suffix "_sk"--in this case "femalewerewolfbody_sk.dds". It usually contains only 3 channels, R, G, and B, unless otherwise necessary. This map basically defines the reflected color that bounces back when light hits the surface of the object from certain angles (or directly from behind). The brighter the color, the more the color will bounce back, the darker, the less it will bounce back. Leaving this map very dark or black can get rid of the "marble skin" effect the game's shader tends to make on skin (but on fur-like skin, the effect seems fitting.)

I know this doesn't solve your issues right away, but I hope this information helps!

Possibly redundant question, but do I need the main hdt werewolf download and esp if I'm only going to use the Moonlight Tales version?

And also if I understood it correctly, the skse/plugins/were... folder is redundant if I'm going to use vanilla hdt pe values anyway?

EDIT: ok... La Femme Lycana doesn't work, just gives me an invisible mesh. I thought I installed it correctly, renaming and everything. Well it stays visible for 1-2 seconds. Vanilla works, but I can't tell if it really is. The detail is so murky I have no idea if I have nipples let alone female genitalia.

Either way, I'm not seeing any HDT so must have screwed up more than once.

EDIT2: decided to get rid of Moonlight Tales. It wasn't doing all that much other than completely breaking Companion werewolves at random. Anyway, works fine. Just had to use the 0 weight twice because that ass was creeping me out.

Who ever does that have to post it under the Nesux under the name "Public HDT Hair Project" to get as many people trolled as possible.^^

No please, they will ask you for armpits hair too...

I can top that with that the next thing would be HDT breast hair for males and then HDT breast hair for female, but I think we should stop here^^

Challenge accepted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54725/?

Took me longer to upload the mod there than to actually make it xD.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really interested in this for my werewolf, but by any chance is there any version slightly less voluptious (specially in the hips) than the size "1", but with bigger boobs than size "vanilla"?

I really like the bouncy bits, but I think it looks a bit too exaggerated.

So im having a bit of an issue here... i downloaded the normal female were wolf mod and entered the game but the head, arms and legs and tail are missing, and the only mod that i have in my NMM is female were wolfs, but if i turn that off then it just goes back to the normal were wolf mesh model, how do i fix this issue?