• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this question should go here or into Devious Devices Integration...

This mod put a collar, and some leg and arm cuffs on my character (padded from DDi and red from DDx). They are a minor nuisance, other than the leg cuffs preventing footwear from being equipped.

So, I'm rather new to these mods, and my question is... how do I get them off? :smile:

Checking these devices with "Examine device" tells me that it's "Impossible" to remove them in any other way than with the appropriate key (actually trying other ways confirms this). Is the "Impossible" device difficulty hardcoded by this mod, or did I just get unlucky with some DDi options? (I'm pretty sure I didn't change them from default...)

Friendly NPCs have no device-related dialogue.

So, what are the other options? Other than getting the appropriate perk and crafting the key (or getting it via console?)

Getting the key off the robber?

Do I need other mods to get more options? (I'm thinking something like dialogue for friendly NPCs to help?)

1 hour ago, Warlock3000 said:

Not sure if this question should go here or into Devious Devices Integration...

This mod put a collar, and some leg and arm cuffs on my character (padded from DDi and red from DDx). They are a minor nuisance, other than the leg cuffs preventing footwear from being equipped.

So, I'm rather new to these mods, and my question is... how do I get them off? :smile:

Checking these devices with "Examine device" tells me that it's "Impossible" to remove them in any other way than with the appropriate key (actually trying other ways confirms this). Is the "Impossible" device difficulty hardcoded by this mod, or did I just get unlucky with some DDi options? (I'm pretty sure I didn't change them from default...)

Friendly NPCs have no device-related dialogue.

So, what are the other options? Other than getting the appropriate perk and crafting the key (or getting it via console?)

Getting the key off the robber?

Do I need other mods to get more options? (I'm thinking something like dialogue for friendly NPCs to help?)

Assuming you're running the latest version, the different cuffs has separate chances for escape. The padded steel cuffs needs a key, or can be lock-picked. The "red" ones I'm going to assume are leather or ebonite, meaning they can be struggled out from, cut, lock-picked, or unlocked with a key.

OK then. Weird that all the chances were listed as "impossible" on examining the devices...

Do they depend on things such as your lockpicking level, physical stats, and having a weapon? (My character had an iron sword, but was otherwise a Requiem Level-5 weakling with no lockpicking skill)

Any suggestions for mods that add the ability to ask NPCs for help? (without making them all into total jerks who delight at a chance to abuse you, or adding a lot of conflicts with other mods?) :smile:

Tes5Edit suggests that DDi has a load of dialogue for this purpose, but I'm not sure when exactly it is triggered... because I didn't see it in-game.

8 hours ago, Warlock3000 said:

OK then. Weird that all the chances were listed as "impossible" on examining the devices...

Do they depend on things such as your lockpicking level, physical stats, and having a weapon? (My character had an iron sword, but was otherwise a Requiem Level-5 weakling with no lockpicking skill)

Any suggestions for mods that add the ability to ask NPCs for help? (without making them all into total jerks who delight at a chance to abuse you, or adding a lot of conflicts with other mods?) :smile:

Tes5Edit suggests that DDi has a load of dialogue for this purpose, but I'm not sure when exactly it is triggered... because I didn't see it in-game.

not sure what the chances depend on, however:

DDi used to have a book you could read (think it still has the book, but it used to be part of a quest that is not in the new DDI 4 version) that was

located in the College of Winterhold - Arcaneium (or however its spelled...the Library part) located in a "Forbidden Bookshelf" (just look around the 

library for the key).  after reading the right book you could craft regular keys

some other mods that add either keys (or alternate ways our of devices) include:

Deviously Cursed Loot - keys can be bought (under the right conditions), keys can drop and alternate ways out

For The Masses 3 - keys can be found in NPC inventories (kill bandits etc)

Captured Dreams Shop - keys can possibly be bought (depending on your stats in that mod) and alternate way out (Pay either the Master or on of the others in the shop)

Devious Followers Beta - pay your way out of some things

i am sure i have missed more mods ...but those i did remember off-hand.

hope this info is helpful

On 12/17/2017 at 6:36 AM, Princessity said:

So... for the sake of the 2.5 people who are still using this I'll be updating DC for compatibility with DD 4.0 over the next couple of days. Until then, I don't recommend using it. While it may still work and it has no custom devices that need updating, I have not yet had a chance to balance it against the new version of DD. Sooo... please don't use it or you may get stuck in devices that are no longer suitable for getting randomly equipped in the wilderness.

Other than compatibility I'm also planning to pretty much rewrite everything from scratch and completely change the device selector.

• I will be dropping the hard dependency on Defeat. DC will still support Defeat via soft modevent hooks but it will no longer be mandatory. Hopefully this will allow me to support more and different mods in the future.
  • I will be dropping the "robbery option" since it requires hard dependency.
  • Device picker will no longer draw from the generic library. Instead, devices will be picked manually by a much more discerning and fully controlled algorithm to ensure that player does not end up locked in inappropriate or poorly matched devices.
  • And thanks to the above, I will also be able to match device variants to enemy factions. Bandits will generally prefer crude, cheap, improvised restraints while rogue mages have a preference for nasty soulgems and stuff!
  • I may or may not add a couple of custom devices and I may or may not get a bit creative with them n_n
  • DC may or may not have dependency on ZAP. Either 7.0 or 8.0. I still need to investigate the potential benefits before I decide.
  • Options regarding material preferences will probably be removed as they will no longer be necessary. That said there will still be options to control the device selector and disable certain devices. I have not decided on the specifics yet.
  • For those who don't like the rework, the currently existing version will remain available for download, but it will no longer be supported or updated.

No ETA. But hopefully I can finish this before I have to go back to working on DD 4.1. Unless I get bored and abandon it again.

It seems with the new changes to Devious Assets that ZaZ throws tons of errors in the papyrus logs.  If you could change it to a soft dependency that might work better as ZaZAnimationPack probably needs to be updated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2018 at 8:54 PM, Warlock3000 said:

OK... I think I figured out the problem. Haven't tried getting rid of it yet, but I'm pretty sure all of that was caused by outdated Devious Devices patches for Requiem (and for PAHE). They were for DDi v3.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just wondering, has anybody been able to be restrained in a yoke or armbinders using this mod? It's basically the only thing that interests me.

It can put every other bondage gear on my character , but not the armbrinders/yoke, even if I set the chance to 100% and all other devices at 0%.

Greetings,

11 hours ago, Sephariel said:

Just wondering, has anybody been able to be restrained in a yoke or armbinders using this mod? It's basically the only thing that interests me.

It can put every other bondage gear on my character , but not the armbrinders/yoke, even if I set the chance to 100% and all other devices at 0%.

I suppose you are using Devious Devices 4.0 or 4.1? I think that would be the issue, for there has been a change in keywords, causing armbinders to no longer work with the current Devious Captures version (just the armbinders and yokes tho, as you already found).

It is possible to fix it (I sort of did that myself), although you need some knowledge about scripting. I would share my changes with you, but I did so much more to the mod, and I wouldnt feel comfortable publishing this without Princessity's consent.

I know thats not good news, but I at least wanted to answer your question :)

Regards,

s3ngine

4 hours ago, s3ngine said:

Greetings,

I suppose you are using Devious Devices 4.0 or 4.1? I think that would be the issue, for there has been a change in keywords, causing armbinders to no longer work with the current Devious Captures version (just the armbinders and yokes tho, as you already found).

It is possible to fix it (I sort of did that myself), although you need some knowledge about scripting. I would share my changes with you, but I did so much more to the mod, and I wouldnt feel comfortable publishing this without Princessity's consent.

I know thats not good news, but I at least wanted to answer your question :)

Regards,

s3ngine

Indeed! I am using version 4.0/4.1, it is, after all, the only version available as far as I know. Thank you for answeing my question by the way! If you wouldn't mind sharing the changes you made to allow the use of armbinders/yoke back into the mod I would be very grateful! I understand your reluctance to publish the additionnal changes you made with the mod itself, and I do not ask that you do. :)

If not, well it's no biggie, and you have my thanks for your assistance!

3 hours ago, Sephariel said:

Indeed! I am using version 4.0/4.1, it is, after all, the only version available as far as I know. Thank you for answeing my question by the way! If you wouldn't mind sharing the changes you made to allow the use of armbinders/yoke back into the mod I would be very grateful! I understand your reluctance to publish the additionnal changes you made with the mod itself, and I do not ask that you do. :)

If not, well it's no biggie, and you have my thanks for your assistance!

I think these are the changes needed (disclaimer, I haven't gotten around to testing them yet).

DeviousCaptures.7z

• 2 months later...

So, under the SkyUI when setting this and SL Defeat up, do I really have to select EVERY animation from every other mod under the "animation tags" option in order for them to play out the animation? I am l little confused as to how that works. Can I just select when big group of say the, "sex assault" section on player as victim category? Or what? Also, some of the animation that DO play, are off, and not synced between characters?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Not sure what I'm doing wrong or not seeing when looking in the mods info... Please help

I have the requirements and I downloaded the file... I then used MO to install - This is where things got strange... The MO offered no options or folder setup to build this mod. It simply flashed real quick and then had the mod as installed... The check box was already checked as well...

When starting the game it seemed to work as a message popped up saying it initialized ...

However my character was frozen and in the ~ menu all sorts of messages about getting animations was there as if it was starting an event?

But nobody was near my character and as stated unable to move in any direction.... PS I did run finis before starting just incase but didn't seem required .

Can someone tell me if something is missing from the mod or I'm missing something?

Thanks for all your help and time