New Clothing Body Style Converter Beta v0.89f (10-26-2014)

The tool just crashes outright, perhaps I need to install the 64-bit version?

How should I do that?

Assuming that you have a 64 bit OS installed, here's what you want to do.

First, grab the 64 bit Python download and install it. I recommend installing it into it's own python folder, so that it won't interfere with any pre-existing installs

http://python.org/ftp/python/3.3.4/python-3.3.4.amd64.msi

Next, grab the latest version of Pyffi 3K and install it to the Python that you just installed:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyffi/files/latest/download?source=files

If all goes well, you should be able to run the tools from the 'light' download by double-clicking on the .py files.

OK, I've tracked down the problem. It's the hands. Since the Left and Right hands share an identical UV map, my UV search function is getting a bit silly when it attempts to match them.

I'm working on a patch, but for now if you remove the hands on both templates, the tool should work fine.

Light Download 31 (the scripts only version) is still giving me the pref counter crash, no idea why..

Hmm.

That's...very strange. Well, I can guarantee that Beta 32 doesn't have any perf_counter calls. It's possible that I accidentally left the perf_counter call in the Beta 31 Light download. However...I have no idea why perf_counter call would crash a standard python install. It's just a normal component of the Python Time module.

Edit:

Here's the TGND to ZKEC lattice I generated when testing the Beta 32 patch: TGND to ZKEC.7z

I'd probably try increasing the number of targets. That might help.

I'll look into adding some customization options to clothing converter that will allow you to modify the way the tool affects different geometry blocks in the nif.

I'd probably try increasing the number of targets. That might help.

I'll look into adding some customization options to clothing converter that will allow you to modify the way the tool affects different geometry blocks in the nif.

I already increased the targets to 100, but it still looked the same.

I think what is needed will be the ability to magnify vertex movement, so you could have the skin with a magnification factor of 1.0 and the clothing mesh with a magnification factor of, say, 1.05. So the vertices that already move would move 5% more, while vertices that are untouched will stay exactly the same.

Once it's done, it should work in a similar fashion to the equivalent setting in my Blender clothing converter

Ok, when I run the sciprts only light version, I get an error about a missing moduel named 'tkinter'

post-800-0-99800000-1393868249_thumb.jpg

Also, if I instead use the Standard version of the tool to batch convert some outfits, it crashes after converting just a few outfits (the window closes) with no error message.

Reinstall Python and ensure that you select a full install with all of the standard modules.

I'll need to test why the tool crashes after batch converting a handful of outfits...I'll see if something is leaking.

It might be a particular outfit that causes the crash.

What settings are you using?

When you say standard, do you mean the lattice you get when 'Make Minimal Lattice' is enabled, or the one that you get if it is disabled?

If 'Make Minimal Lattice' is disabled, then running out of memory is extremely easy to do. The tool allows you to set resolutions that are, realistically, only viable with 64 bit systems with plenty of available memory. Since the Portable package runs a 32 bit version of python, it's limited to ~ 1.5 gb or so, which the tool can chew up extremely quickly once it starts processing referencing million node lattices.

For best results with a relatively small memory footprint, I recommend enabling 'High Resolution Search' and 'Make Minimal Lattice'. They're fairly new experimental options, but so far I am impressed enough with them that I am seriously considering removing the older lattice options.

I meant standard in that in wasn't anything special, just HGEC, not Guts, or ZKEC, or any of the other numerous derivatives. I didn't enable minimal lattice. I guess I'll try that next and see. Otherwise I guess I'll be downloading 64bit python and using the lite version and hoping it works.

Edit: Looks like minimal lattice was enabled, as well as high resolution search. Dropped search from 30 to 20, and it's still running out of memory.

I got confused by the interface apparently and thought sunken buttons were active ones like they are in the other converter. Working now. Sorry.

Edit-Again- And now it's the clothing converter running out of memory. Default settings apart from checking female only. 

Sunken Buttons are the active ones...or they should be at least.

Which options appeared to be acting incorrectly?

Also, would you be willing to post your .cfg, .log (both located in your save folder), and lattice file? I'd like to see if I can spot anything unusual.

Thanks for the bug report.

It looks like my UV Matching algorithm was getting confused by the different textures.

This patch should resolve those issues. Note, this patch also includes a new method to automatically Recalculate Vertex Normals and Update Tangent Spaces when Clothing Converter is run, which should eliminate the need to clean converted nifs in nifskope.

Convert Clothing Beta 36 Experimental Update:

Changelog

1. UV search matching feature should now be more flexible

2. Update Tangent Space function updated. This will eliminate tangent space related visual distortions near UV seams

3. Convert Clothing now has the ability to recalculate vertex normals after converting clothing.

4. The High Resolution search mode has been adjusted to reduce instances of 'dictionary lock'

Download:

Convert Clothing b_36_update.7z

If all goes well I'll update the main download.

In the latest version of the lattice maker, for me anyway, sunken ones are inactive. And here's the logs.

Thanks. From the config and log files, it looks like High Resolution Search and Minimal Lattice were both disabled.

Try running the tool with these settings. Let me know if it works.

makeLattice.7z

Ok not sure what I am doing wrong on this. Getting back into Skyrim after 6 mos away and I remember I had a lot of outfits I wanted to convert. I also see this neat new tool to use and work with ( awesome work gerra )

But I download the 64b verson of python and install along with pyffi. I then unzip the tools on the bigger empty drive to do the work. When I click on the make lattice a console window pops up then is immediately gone again. Did I miss something somewhere?

From what I was reading this is mostly a standalone process until the final touch up stages correct?

*edit*

Left previous as proof of a dunce lol. Forgot to run pyffi again after updating to the 64b version from the 32.

Although I got a question as to how to apply that update to the lite version whem using 64b.

Calabeth.

Running the 64 bit version and the 32 bit version of Python at the same time can get a bit complicated.

Here's what you want to do.

First, take a look at the folder where you installed the 3.x 64 bit version of Python.

Inside that folder should be a folder called 'scripts' and another folder called 'Lib'

Look inside 'scripts'. It should contain a number of .py files, including 'niftoaster.py'

Next, look inside 'Lib'. Open a folder called 'site-packages'. You should see a folder called 'pyffi'

If either the folder called 'pyffi' or the the .py files inside of the 'scripts' folder are missing, then pyffi has not been installed into the 64 bit version of Python. This is not a problem, you just need to do it manually.

So, go to your working python install (the 32 bit version) and copy the contents of its 'scripts' folder into the 64 bit 'scripts' folder

Next, copy the 'pyffi' folder from the 32 bit '/Lib/site-packages' folder into the 64 bit '/Lib/site-packages'.

Finally, you need to make sure that the 64 bit version of Python is getting used when you launch the clothing converter files. For this, your best bet is to probably make a bat file.

The contents of the bat file should look a bit like this:

C:\Python\Python33_64\python.exe C:\tools\make_lattice.py
pause 
The 'pause' line is handy because it will prevent the console window from closing immediately if the tool encounters an error.

Just used those settings on top of the update. Ran out of memory. Here's the log. Whatever my settings were in the last config I posted were the settings that actually for a lattice gen. But obviously not clothing. *sigh*

Right. The lattice you generated was too large. I was recommending that you generate a lattice using the alternate method.