O.o the possibilities!

Canderes has demo's of some he built in 3DSMax in his video guides.

Requires a custom skeleton however.

Now you got me thinking if I can do the same effect with a custom skeleton, some weight paints and a few selective xml editing....

Hmmm.....

No stahp it, I told myself I'd take a week to enjoy myself and break from modding so that I may enjoy playing the dam game for a bit and also sort out my RL business....

Do you have a link to his video? Are there any tutorials to make earrings hdt? Just so they would fall when the character is bending, like they actually respond to gravity.

Dang, he's got a ton of videos. Did he really show the earrings on his video, or just mentioned about making it? If yes, does he have a download link?

No download link, and yes I distinctly remember him demoing it/ showing how he built it.

It had a pretty cool spin effect to it, and I know for a fact that he could easily add the anglular 'drop' stuff that you were talking about.

Hell If I had a custom skeleton made for me and a earring mesh, I'd try it out myself and see if I could get something similar. Screw it, I most probably will ask Groovtama to see if he/she would be willing to add the bones in a test skeleton for me and then I would test some random pair of earrings out to see if my method would work. (probably not gonna be as smooth as if Canderes did it himself, he's like the demi-god of HDT stuff, besides Yoo and HydrogensaysHDT)

edit: I should mention the above stuff would take a while (for me to personally test my idea that is)

I got the earrings from one of the forum topics here (might have been one of the old hdt support thread). I can upload it a little bit later when I get on my pc. Might be what your after. However, it doesn't work horribly well; they constantly bounce around but it's a start.

Edit: Here it is.

HDT Earrings V2.7z

Hi thanks for the download link. Do you have pictures?

It looks like a helmet, actually it is a helmet when I look at it in inventory, when I equip it there is no earrings.

Thanks for the pic. Is there a simple tutorial to convert earring mesh into hdt with physics, or does it involve alterring the mesh entriely?

I wouldn't recommend using the rig them earrings are using.

You should instead make your own following canderes tutorials linked by blabba a few posts up.

I don't know what's wrong with my game, but it doesn't show up. I looked in CK the armor addon, the earring shows, it's in circlet slot. I tested it on an npc, but doesn't show up, I tried changing to ears slot, still won't show up. Can you please help?

You are playing as female right? you using a custom race? are you sure there not flying around you?

Can that follower use circlets? Are they definitely equipping them?

As a test try equipping them on you, and typing "sexchange" in the console (with out quotes) and see if they show up on you then.

Yes, I've done that, but the head doesn't change, so I thought I tried it on my follower I created. It does not show up, the follower can wear a circlet, I removed the circlet first, then consoled equipitem on her. Just wondering, why is it on circlet slot, not ears?

The ear slot in vanilla skyrim is used to prevent them from clipping with helmets/hoods, so to avoid any conflicts that might occur circlet was chosen instead.

5zt5ctwlx38n7n97g.jpg

That is the default partition selection for the ears, having earrings use that slot may override it and the mesh that has been designated as 'ear' will not be rendered.

The ear is also part of other slots, the head for instance so to avoid all that, circlet was chosen for the test.

I see, the ears you encircled does not include the earlobes? So if your earrings are categorized as ears, they won't show up. Do you mean if you're wearing a helmet, the earrings won't show or chances are? I still want them to wear circlets and earrings at the same time though. It's hard to choose.