XP32 Maximum Skeleton (Special) Extended - XPMS(S)E

Not quite sure which thread to post this in but I thought I'd mention it here, after setting up this skeleton again the other day with the HDT option and copying the two HDTextension files into the SKSE plugins folder, everything was working great in my current playthrough until I was trying to pass through one of the last doors in Ustengrav.

Every time I try to go through this door, I get a CTD. Looking at my save files, I see an autosave was generated and it's called hdtPhysics Extension Autosave. I can't load this autosave without getting a CTD.

Has anybody run into this or can suggest another place where I can get some input?

I'm attaching a log file I came across in the SKSE plugins folder.

As I test, I deleted the two HDTextension files in the SKSE plugins folder and reloaded my last good save. I still got a CTD when I tried to get through that door in Ustengrav.

Then I loaded up my save again and tried to backtrack through Ustengrav and I got another CTD going that Ustengrav Depths door as well. Very strange behavior... My game has been pretty stable recently.

Even stranger... somehow Java had been removed from my system today. I had a video card put in but I can't imagine why the tech would remove Java... I discovered it was gone when I tried to run the Dual Sheath Redux patch. Anyhow, after reinstalling Java and running the patch, I loaded a save I had at the beginning of Ustengrav and was able to get through both of the doors without any CTDs. 

Totally bizarre.

So how do I adjust "Hand, Leg, Shoulder" in ECE anyway? All I got was weapons scales, quiver, bolt and all that. Do I missed something? I have latest version of both your mods and ECE.

NVM: It's just not work on custom race somehow..

in Data\meshes\CharacterMakingExtender is a file called "CME_VanillaRaces.ini"

Open it make a new Race block with name/EDID of your custom race and add a Sliderini.

As I test, I deleted the two HDTextension files in the SKSE plugins folder and reloaded my last good save. I still got a CTD when I tried to get through that door in Ustengrav.

Then I loaded up my save again and tried to backtrack through Ustengrav and I got another CTD going that Ustengrav Depths door as well. Very strange behavior... My game has been pretty stable recently.

Even stranger... somehow Java had been removed from my system today. I had a video card put in but I can't imagine why the tech would remove Java... I discovered it was gone when I tried to run the Dual Sheath Redux patch. Anyhow, after reinstalling Java and running the patch, I loaded a save I had at the beginning of Ustengrav and was able to get through both of the doors without any CTDs. 

Totally bizarre.

Vanilla bugs^^ Waiting 24h in game usually help, I recommend using SaftyLoad, SSME and stuff to reduce Memory shortage problem. Sometimes it's just temporary data in the other cell that is giving you problems. Waiting sometimes helps

Edit: here some more info on the bug you got: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fyf39xec%28VS.80%29.aspx

Basically invalid data somewhere^^

So how do I adjust "Hand, Leg, Shoulder" in ECE anyway? All I got was weapons scales, quiver, bolt and all that. Do I missed something? I have latest version of both your mods and ECE.

NVM: It's just not work on custom race somehow..

in Data\meshes\CharacterMakingExtender is a file called "CME_VanillaRaces.ini"

Open it make a new Race block with name/EDID of your custom race and add a Sliderini.

Thanks! That's totally works!!

Ok I am curious, I have this mod now, and have used xp32's Skeleton for a very long time.  Why is there a .............................................."What Character do you play?"  Male    Female

section from your Installer?  It sounds like I would need to install two versions of this skeleton and activate one or the other if I switch between a Male Char or a Female Char.    Is this true?

OK there were three reasons why I did the gender specific 1st person skeleton with xpms scales.

Main reason: Camera Height, when using a defaut 1st person skeleton with a third person XPMS skeleton, your first and third person camera height were off. They differ for male and female so I can't just use 1 first person skeleton.

Second reason: For The joy of perspective I wanted that scales are correctly taken over from third person to first. You will also have the longer Ning legs in first person as female.

(the arms in the default view have a little bit difference when using the default ones with custom scales but it's really hard to notice)

Third reason: Scaling in RaceMenu or ECE can now be correctly taken over to first person, there will be no differences from third person anymore.

You can switch them out whenever you want, they are just a skeleton replacer, they are not doing anything with your savefile. You can also play a female character with the male 1st person skeleton, they are build up for maximum compability. You just have some small incorrectness when doing so like I mentioned above.

Devourment support (some vore stuff), was requested to be added, but because the author of that mod build in a test, which makes the 1.9 xp32 skeleton incompatible through his scripts. I didn't add it to the supported mods list. If the author changes that I will add it. You can just ignore them.

OK there were three reasons why I did the gender specific 1st person skeleton with xpms scales.

Main reason: Camera Height, when using a defaut 1st person skeleton with a third person XPMS skeleton, your first and third person camera height were off. They differ for male and female so I can't just use 1 first person skeleton.

Second reason: For The joy of perspective I wanted that scales are correctly taken over from third person to first. You will also have the longer Ning legs in first person as female.

(the arms in the default view have a little bit difference when using the default ones with custom scales but it's really hard to notice)

Third reason: Scaling in RaceMenu or ECE can now be correctly taken over to first person, there will be no differences from third person anymore.

You can switch them out whenever you want, they are just a skeleton replacer, they are not doing anything with your savefile. You can also play a female character with the male 1st person skeleton, they are build up for maximum compability. You just have some small incorrectness when doing so like I mentioned above.

Alright thanks, It is easy for me to switch skeletons through MO so now that I understand why its that way I will use both and switch as needed.  Again thank you for the clarification. 

That's a .dll plugin for some strange SKSE thing made by a man(unconfirmed information) named HDT. And we're trying to figure out what and how it does here.

Some people say that PE stands for physics extensions. Others are not yet sure.

What is HTD_PE? :P

That's a .dll plugin for some strange SKSE thing made by a man(unconfirmed information) named HDT. And we're trying to figure out what and how it does here.

Some people say that PE stands for physics extensions. Others are not yet sure.

The HDT Physics Extension for Skyrim (HDT) is a plugin for the Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE). It uses the Havok physics engine (Havok) that already exists in the game and applies it to other uses in the game.

HydrogensaysHDT (the author of the plugin)

The HDT Physics Extension for Skyrim (HDT) is a plugin for the Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE). It uses the Havok physics engine (Havok) that already exists in the game and applies it to other uses in the game.

Thanks. Never would have thought.

I still think my explanation was closer to the truth.

Thanks. Never would have thought.

I still think my explanation was closer to the truth.

Well not really, what I posted is the truth, what you posted was speculation and unconfirmed hearsay.

lol, big difference there.  :-)