Can someone help me figure out why the type3 dimonized body is doing this?

SidedTech

Sometimes, I get random female characters who are not nude, have terrible skin disorders, and underwear problems.

Resetting Archive Invalidation didn't work, and neither did a fresh install.

2014_01_17_00009.jpg

Here's an image of 2 bodies, one proper, and one messed up. Same game, this is weird.

Thanks in advance!

Load order would help us as we have no clue as to what else you have installed in your game. It could be a conflict it looks like the ones is using the fallout generic skin that you first start it with when you play it without any mods.

Sure, and thank you for your response.

2K Textures

Type3 Body and Armor Replacer

BEWARE OF GIRL Dimonized

and that's it!

It could be because you are using *2* body replacers. You are using type3 *body* and armor replacer and BEWARE OF GIRL is also a body replace so they are both butting heads with each other and that is the reason you are getting those weird bodies on some of them. I would pick one or the other turn them both off and reinstall the one that you want and that will probably fix your problem. You can never have 2 mods that do that same thing in your load order because the last one in your load order will ALWAYS trump the one before it as it will override files that the first one activated when the 2nd one loads up.

It also says on the type 3 body and armor replacer page that you HAVE to  *Install the nude replacer over top of this mod and accept overwrites to replace the underwear body with the nude body of your choice. If you're already using a Type3 compatible nude body relacer and want just the armros, download the armor_only pack, which does not contain a body replacer.*

That's not correct. The Type 3 body and the Beware of Girl body are the same thing. They both point to the same named texture and are mapped to it in the same way. They don't butt heads, on the default playable races they would be identical no matter your load order. If you had installed the T3 body replacer first all bodies would have underwear. If you had overwritten with BOG they'd be nude.

Bodies for the default, playable races are structured with one mesh, found here:

data\meshes\characters\_male\femaleupperbody.nif -- That mesh is mapped, by default, to this texture:

data\textures\characters\female\upperbodyfemale.dds

Those two files are what both the T3 armor and the BOG mods overwrite from vanilla, or each other.

What you have here, in contrast, is a custom race or non-playable race that is mapped in the esp file to an alternative texture location, but uses the default body. For instance, the game's Raider race uses the normal mesh file I listed above, but its texture file is actually found here:

data\textures\characters\raiderfemale\upperbodyfemale.dds

Your installed body replacer has replaced the texture in the main, default folder, but has not replaced the texture in this particular races folder. So the Type 3 body is mapping to the vanilla body texture. You need to find and replace that particular race's texture file. I don't know what race that actually is, or I could be more specific as to exactly where you're needing to look. If you can tell me who that character is, or what type of NPC it is, I could help further.

Guest carywinton

jonas_opines in absolutely correct including the paths, in order to make a change for a Raider or other specific race, the appropriate meshes and textures in those races must be overwritten. I set up custom armor on Raiders with T3 Tribal skin all the time, it can get confusing on what needs to be where to get it all to work, especially if you add in an overall beautification mod like Lings or Project Beauty, then you get to have fun with Leveled Lists and Scripts, Oh my! lol. :P

It would be a HELL of a lot easier if Fallout 3 could use BSA files like Skyrim. It can... sort of, to a minor extent. Most things for FO3 have to be loose files, and then you wind up with this crazy overwriting order of mods nonsense. Practically every time I want to try a new mod in FO3, I have to rebuild the Data path completely from scratch to get the new mod in the correct order.

And heavens forbid you forget to toggle the archive invalidation...

:dodgy:

I love the fact that Skyrim can use nothing but BSA files. I've archived every single Skyrim mod I use that has loose files. By keeping EVERYTHING as a BSA, all you do is set the order in the mod manager and bingo! You're done. It's simple to turn on and off mods at random - leave the off mods in the mod manager in their correct load order and just toggle them on/off. The only thing you have to worry about is the damn scripts. That's the biggest gripe about mods in Skyrim - the idiots at Bethesda put the scripts in use into the save file! What retards! There's no reason for it, and it makes turning off a mod in the middle of a game problematic - if the mod had script(s), they could call a no-longer-present mod. There are ways to minimize this, but the only TRULY safe thing to do is start from the very beginning, creating a brand new character.

Cannot stress enough for you to get the Archive Invalidation Invalidated file. Just run it, and forget it forever.

The Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch has it included, also. The UPDATED one.

I downloaded the latest Updated Official Patch and the latest enb. Hopefully that will make things much more stable. Now if they can just find a memory patch like the latest one found for Skyrim...

:D

Archived