XLovers Daedra Seed (XLDS) 1.1.31 - 2014-07-25

-Will you add a spell for detecting infected npcs or a buff that decrease/block the chance of being seeded? Maybe an npc in mages guild notice the situation and invented the spells for prevention matter so you can learn from him/her. Or get a cure?

Yes to most or even all of that. Unfortunately, it will be a while. I will try to get the detection spell done sooner however.

-Maybe giving guards, fighters/mages guild members a (random?)chance to destroy the eggs when they see one, or inform you to destroy it since you are the hero. :P

When I change the eggs to be creatures, they will be part of the daedra faction, and so should be attacked automatically.

-Will you add the remove xlds items function in those menu spells for a debug purpose? I just got the same notfoundseededarray error from 1.0.6 but only after I try a lot on the mod.

I will try to get this done in the next version.

-Is it 100% being seeded by dremora?

Depends on your willpower and the dremora's level. 10 willpower will always be seeded. 50 will be around 50%. 100 around 40%. 200 around 35%.

Tested version 1.07 (except "personal" experience again), looks well, thank you!

Hope, "eggs as creatures" will be implemented (example of "rooted" creature is "Water Dragon Plants" in "Little Baron's Water Beasts").

Suggestion: make npc egg-producer flee from egg/spawn -- looks odd when she\he rushes (bare handed, as often for common townsfolk) on fresh-borned dremora \clanfear\etc.

Another request: discrete random-infection probability demultiplier for player faction members -- as i mentioned earlier, it feels no good /for me/ to return home and found own (or companion's) children infected "without reason".

I am working on the eggs as creatures implementation right now, and it will be part of the 1.1.0 release.

If I made the npc egg producer flee, what about the pc? I will have to think about it.

I have an idea for reducing or removing the random-infection. A special ward item could be given to an Npc, and it could reduce the chance of random infection in whatever area you are in. I am also thinking of making it outdoors-only. People who don't go out are safe.

The citizens are quite brave, no one flees from any daedra but grabbing accessible weapons to kill it. Especially in ICmarketdistrict which is mod populated.

Despite the fleeing. How about (a Mythicdawn member?)spawning a small-one-time ob-gate in city, 1~2 dremora/daedra come out of it and start seeding random citizens? Give PC a short amount of time and a notification for finding then breaking it before invasion. If this works, the ward item plan can also apply on it.

Truth be told, modifying the citizens behaviour is low priority for me right now. It would be nice if there was a mod that gave the citizens more appropriate weapons like at least iron knives and clubs.

The Enhanced Daedric Invasion mod has some random Daedric encounters happen in the cities. This is something I would to do later on. The random seeded is a long term placeholder for actual random seedings. Thanks for the ideas. A Mythic-Dawn member sumonning Deadra or a mini-gate would work well.

Finally tested the new release, my ctd's have cleared up, so your fixes worked like a charm.  Only thing I can think that may have caused it would be OOO, unless Emily's monstergirl mod could somehow mess with it, but I think you said in your original post that the two were compatible, so it probably wasn't that.

I am glad to hear that you no longer get CTDs. It seems that there are no major bugs with 1.0.7, and that is good because it might take me a bit to get 1.1.0 done. I am creating a new model for the egg, and then need to finalize some code changes. It's good to be doing a bit of work in Blender.

Once that is done, I will get back to implementing more features again.

Looks like the random seeder is not random at all. It is always the same character in the same area as the seeder. They will be "randomly" seeded, even are freed not long ago.

Is it intended? or?

Wow, you are really paying attention. No, it is not really random at the moment. It will always pick the person with the highest chance of being seeded (low level, low willpower I think). I should make this a weighted randomization instead. I will add that to my to-do list.

It is not a big problem but sometimes they are reseeded almost instantly. By the way, I use the print seeder array function and see there are two <no name> 00000000. I think they are the dead daedra spawned from eggs and is disabled after a cell change, any possible way to clean them?

The food gain is also base on feeder's level and willpower?

I will have to change that random seeder soon as I am done my egg-as-a-creature feature.

The noname 00000000 entries should clear themselves up after about 1 day passes in the game I believe.

The food gain is based on the seeders level, or when already seeded, by the amount of food already obtained (stronger eggs pull in more food). The amount is then modified by the level of arousal.

I have an egg model done up in blender and exported it to Nif, but I need to work on it some more. I need to get a skeleton.nif done for it, and also get the texture attached to it properly. It has been educational. The egg will look okay, but don't expect anything great at first. I will just try to get it working and improve it's appearance and animate it later. That's all for now.

I have just posted v1.1.0. It contains a fair amount of code changes and is not 'complete'.

Eggs are now creatures that can be attacked. If you kill them quickly, the Daedra inside will spawn dead. Kill them less quickly, and the Daedra inside will start off hurt.

I am using a modified Lovers Mushroom model for now since I could not get my custom model to work. I will work on improving the model in each version bit by bit.

There are a number of other things that need fixing. The eggs are not being attacked by guards/citizens, but I think it's just a minor matter to fix. Also, the bounds on the eggs are not correct so collisions don't happen properly.

Well, it will take a couple of revisions before this new functionality is more polished, but please feel free to test it out.

A quick test: I got a level 0 creature error every time the mushroom eggs are spawned. They walk slowly towards the same direction and yes, no one attacks them.

Edit: I have ideas.

1. If you kill the eggs early, you got completely nothing spawned; kill later, half health creature/dremora; hatched, full health creature/dremora.

2. The egg spawned at a proper size, then approaches any npc near it and cast a touch spell to seduce the victim to feed it. This process will make the egg hatch faster. We can use the lover mushroom animation for the feeding scene, if your egg model have a hole for feeding like the mushroom.

A quick test: I got a level 0 creature error every time the mushroom eggs are spawned. They walk slowly towards the same direction and yes, no one attacks them.

I will test with a level 1 character, but this might be a regression in my code. I am pretty sure I can fix it. In my tests I have not seen them walk, but sometimes slide down a hill. I aim to make them immobile.

Edit: I have ideas.

1. If you kill the eggs early, you got completely nothing spawned; kill later, half health creature/dremora; hatched, full health creature/dremora.

2. The egg spawned at a proper size, then approaches any npc near it and cast a touch spell to seduce the victim to feed it. This process will make the egg hatch faster. We can use the lover mushroom animation for the feeding scene, if your egg model have a hole for feeding like the mushroom.

1. I was thinking of just having nothing spawn as well. Your having the same idea confirms that I should do that. It would be a handy way of eliminating the standing dead daedra that sometimes spawn. When the eggs are killed later, they produce a partially healthy Daedra depending on how close they where to hatching. The Daedra should have 2% health for each % past 50 the egg was to hatching when it was killed.

2. I was planning on giving them an endurance draining spell or effect. So no animated feeding, but people low on endurance will be easy prey to be seeded by the newly hatched daedra. A special animation for feeding is a nice idea though. Maybe later on I can adapt the mushrooms animation like you said.

Hello,

I just posted a new version:

1.1.1 (2014-02-03)

-eggs do not grow anymore, it causing odd movement.

-using modified skeleton supplied by fejeena to fix the colision properties.

-reduced errors for level 0 creature to warning messages in the console.

-do not hatch dead Daedra anymore when an egg is killed early.

-dead eggs no longer dissappear.

-eggs produced when seeded character is killed (untested)

-NPCs should now attack eggs (untested)

Those last two items. Did not get tested. I ran out of time. But let me know if you have any issues with them. I need to make the eggs harder to kill perhaps, let me know what you think.

Too late for v1.1.0 "no bug found" report (: i had too little time last night, just replaced old plugin name with new (so there was not true "clear" save, just so); and well, no more old 'picked by default' names of npc in console log (already done 'correct' random seeding?), then, after abt. 30minutes (realtime play, timescale =6) got one console report "npc seeded" (skingrad' beggar 'fetid-somehow'). Such little results for now, hope will test more.

Earlier i hesitated to bring some situation i've got (with 1.07 version), now i'll try to put it shortly, just in hope something could be improved. So, there was close fight against a necromancer, he was near to death when my pc cast 30*3sec fire damage on him, just then he summoned dremora. Next events occured "in-once" (can i say such?):

0) pc was knocked down (no more!);

1) necromancer died;

2) dremora played 'vanish' animation&sound;

3) message comes about "you're seeded".

4) "WTF?" cried my pc (;

Seriously, it will be much better if some 'scene' was played before seeding fact. May be it could be not strictly bound to 'cum' phase (how seeding message states though..), but 'something' should occur, at least. Best of all, if this will be adjustable via .ini (or setting spell).

Agreed. I got the same situation once or twice.

Edit:

-Npcs attack eggs now.

-"Seeded character spawns eggs when they die", what is the least requirement for that? Just infected with no food at all?

-Every egg spawn give me two level 0 error followed in console. Pop up massage is canceled?

Too late for v1.1.0 "no bug found" report (: i had too little time last night, just replaced old plugin name with new (so there was not true "clear" save, just so); and well, no more old 'picked by default' names of npc in console log (already done 'correct' random seeding?), then, after abt. 30minutes (realtime play, timescale =6) got one console report "npc seeded" (skingrad' beggar 'fetid-somehow'). Such little results for now, hope will test more.

As far as I know, you don't need a clear save. If you ever do, I will mention it.

No, the random seeding has not been fixed yet. I plan on getting that next.

Earlier i hesitated to bring some situation i've got (with 1.07 version), now i'll try to put it shortly, just in hope something could be improved.

So, there was close fight against a necromancer, he was near to death when my pc cast 30*3sec fire damage on him, just then he summoned dremora. Next events occured "in-once" (can i say such?):

0) pc was knocked down (no more!);

1) necromancer died;

2) dremora played 'vanish' animation&sound;

3) message comes about "you're seeded".

4) "WTF?" cried my pc (;

Seriously, it will be much better if some 'scene' was played before seeding fact. May be it could be not strictly bound to 'cum' phase (how seeding message states though..), but 'something' should occur, at least. Best of all, if this will be adjustable via .ini (or setting spell).

Hehe, Sorry about that. Changing the feeding event to be at the end of sex is on my to-do list. I will try to get this done sometime this week.

I do need to add configurable settings sometime in the future. An ini file would be good.

Agreed. I got the same situation once or twice.

Edit:

-Npcs attack eggs now.

-"Seeded character spawns eggs when they die", what is the least requirement for that? Just infected with no food at all?

-Every egg spawn give me two level 0 error followed in console. Pop up massage is canceled?

Hi guilmonex,

Seeded characters must have food to spawn eggs when they die. At least 2 food at the moment. I am still not removing everything from them in every case I believe, but I will get back to it in a bit.

Could you tell me what creatures it is giving you the level 0 warning for? I can check out their level settings in CSE. I changed it to a warning since it doesn't cause any problems now that my code handles it, but I still want to see why creatures show up as level 0 sometimes. I haven;t reproduced the problem since 1.0.6.

Thanks for the feedback. I am going to overhaul the random seeder a bit, and also get the seeding and feeding to happen at the cum phase of sex. I don't know if they will both make the next update, but that is my current priority.

The warning should specify what creature it is for. It's possible that I am adding a creature that doesn't exist in your setup, so it doesn't give you a creature name. I will check the level when adding creatures to my list, and give the warning there instead with some better info. Thanks!