Male Body for BodySlide2 and Outfitstudio

Hm, I always wondered why there is no Bodyslide for male avatars. Now I find this. Allow me to request something.

-> at the moment I am consuming the "Sopranos" for the first time and I think that Skyrim with all its bodybuilder males looks kind of... "silly". Sorry, no chance that people looked like those bubblegum people of our times. Is there a chance to create some sliders, so that one could create a James Gandolfini look-a-like body mesh?

Surely, that is not the kind of "hawt look" people desire, I know that. But, as I said before, I don't believe that muscular male warriors looked like what we imagine now. Something heavy and powerful, where the muscle is covered / hidden by fat layers. Your "full fat" does not quite look like that.

By the way, one could also take "Marv" from Sin City as a role model. Strong, heavy, broad. That would be very cool :)

Hm, I always wondered why there is no Bodyslide for male avatars. Now I find this. Allow me to request something.

-> at the moment I am consuming the "Sopranos" for the first time and I think that Skyrim with all its bodybuilder males looks kind of... "silly". Sorry, no chance that people looked like those bubblegum people of our times. Is there a chance to create some sliders, so that one could create a James Gandolfini look-a-like body mesh?

Surely, that is not the kind of "hawt look" people desire, I know that. But, as I said before, I don't believe that muscular male warriors looked like what we imagine now. Something heavy and powerful, where the muscle is covered / hidden by fat layers. Your "full fat" does not quite look like that.

By the way, one could also take "Marv" from Sin City as a role model. Strong, heavy, broad. That would be very cool :)

So,a Body Slide enabled version of the Fat Bastard body type in which one could determine exactly how stout or how fat one wishes one's men to be? That could be interesting.

So,a Body Slide enabled version of the Fat Bastard body type in which one could determine exactly how stout or how fat one wishes one's men to be? That could be interesting.

Thanks for your reply :)

Yes, I do know this mod. But, if you take a closer look on the pictures: they don't look fat, they look pregnant. Only the belly seems affected, while the arms and shoulders are perfectly normal. Male metabolism makes him to gain weight on the belly most, but also on the upper torso, the arms, the back and the shoulders - thanks evolution for that (meaning fat men look like apples, while women tend to look like pears).

Okay, lets ask Google for some more photos.

That's the way a true heavy muscular man in ancient time would look like. The muscle on the arms is tough and strong, but it looks more like a log then an arm. The Conan-look is nothing but pure masturbation, and not a contribute to immersive male bodies, I'm afraid.

Besides that, I do realize that this is just a request, and I am in no position to argue with the creator. If there is no "public need", or he is not interested in this idea, then so be it. ;)

I think you're right. It's not my ideal male type, but it's what these guys would have looked like. Here are some reference images. Strong, but not low body fat. Thick waisted for more power--your bodybuilder pretty-boy type would break in two under any type of real strain. I threw in the classic Greek statue of Poseidon--nice abs but note how thick the waist is in this statue of a mature adult vs. the thinner waist in Greek statues of boys and young men.

http://jdmoyer.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/1750007185_ec37916b8b_o.jpg

http://articles.elitefts.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/LTT3-45101-640x250.jpg

http://oi49.tinypic.com/50grcw.jpg

http://www.t-nation.com/img/photos/05-134-training/image001.png

http://www.theoi.com/image/S2.1Poseidon.jpg

I think you're right. It's not my ideal male type, but it's what these guys would have looked like. Here are some reference images. Strong, but not low body fat. Thick waisted for more power--your bodybuilder pretty-boy type would break in two under any type of real strain. I threw in the classic Greek statue of Poseidon--nice abs but note how thick the waist is in this statue of a mature adult vs. the thinner waist in Greek statues of boys and young men.

http://jdmoyer.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/1750007185_ec37916b8b_o.jpg

http://articles.elitefts.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/LTT3-45101-640x250.jpg

http://oi49.tinypic.com/50grcw.jpg

http://www.t-nation.com/img/photos/05-134-training/image001.png

http://www.theoi.com/image/S2.1Poseidon.jpg

That's perfect!

Especially the upper 3 pictures are how a warrior should look like IMO.

well the mesh he provided was from Poser Studio, now it has more features ,so it can be exported and imported to Skyrim via 3dmx,Who would make that ? UV can stay as poser def ,there are hd textures M6 already that looks stunning. I installed modo, gonna research and develop a nice body for males to.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to develop the bodies from small to large to be more of a feminine wide hipped male with a hardy but lithe figure to a more realistic ancient warrior, as was pointed out above. I really don't think ancient Greeks and Nords looked like Dwayne Johnson.

So, is it as simple as just exporting as an OBJ an editing in MAYA ( I don't know 3ds max ) and importing? Can someone point me to a tutorial on using this in conjunction with bodyslide?

I'm working on something like that.

post-59905-0-90366600-1416683651_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

What i am interested in is to give each race a characteristic Body shape. I couldn't care less if their private parts are even visible or not.

Give me just some simple means to make Elfs more lean/tall looking while Humans are more muscular or fat and to make Orcs into real muscle mountains. (these are just some examples)

But thats just my personal preference, a Bodyslide system similar or even simpler like the Female one would be more than welcome.

(Eespecially since i still use EU and other Body/Race Changer are just not reliable or are simply too script heavy to be useful).

Heck i would be happy if we could get even a simpler one, just as long as i don't have to rely on those silly upper Body heavy Male bodies anymore. (which have laugably thin chicken legs compared to their gigantic upper arms, no offense)

I really wish i had the means and the talent to create some Bodyslide program for male Meshes myself.

Sorry for my bad english.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

OK, brace yourselves, here comes the noob. How do i actually use this in bodyslide? I know how to make it work for the females chars, open steamsteam apps, common, skyrim, data, yadda yadda yadda, adjust slider for maximum.... uhhhh... enjoyment, yeah lets go with that. But how do i open up the male body in body slide? or does it not work like that and I am missing something?

UPDATE, i actually read the read me (for once) and it said to copy the bodyslide file over the orginal, open up male body in the dropdown menu and it shoul work. But the file dosent show up in said menu. More acuratly it says all this

Male Bodysliders for Caliente's BodySlide and Outfit Studio

!!!! WARNING !!!!
In order to work with the SOS mod the default skeleton nif will be replaced by a tweaked one
a backup of the original skeleton will be found in the Bakup folder
!!!! WARNING !!!!

- Just copy the Bodyslide folder over the original one
- Start Bodyslide
- choose Male_Body_Sliders3 in outfit/body and hopefully you are good to go

For finding the muscles you are changing I packed a jpg so you know which one you change.
The reason for the naming in that way was that i didn't know how to call them all, so I
used the medical names. (I marked the used ones with red, so you find them faster).

There are only 3 sliders for making a high weight male body because i find it useless
anyway (you cant change the normalmaps for the weightslider so you end up with a beerbarrel
pregnant and a Sixpack on top... so to say)

Soooooo, i tried that, or at least i think i did, and nada.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

OK, brace yourselves, here comes the noob. How do i actually use this in bodyslide? I know how to make it work for the females chars, open steamsteam apps, common, skyrim, data, yadda yadda yadda, adjust slider for maximum.... uhhhh... enjoyment, yeah lets go with that. But how do i open up the male body in body slide? or does it not work like that and I am missing something?

UPDATE, i actually read the read me (for once) and it said to copy the bodyslide file over the orginal, open up male body in the dropdown menu and it shoul work. But the file dosent show up in said menu. More acuratly it says all this

Male Bodysliders for Caliente's BodySlide and Outfit Studio

!!!! WARNING !!!!

In order to work with the SOS mod the default skeleton nif will be replaced by a tweaked one

a backup of the original skeleton will be found in the Bakup folder

!!!! WARNING !!!!

- Just copy the Bodyslide folder over the original one

- Start Bodyslide

- choose Male_Body_Sliders3 in outfit/body and hopefully you are good to go

For finding the muscles you are changing I packed a jpg so you know which one you change.

The reason for the naming in that way was that i didn't know how to call them all, so I

used the medical names. (I marked the used ones with red, so you find them faster).

There are only 3 sliders for making a high weight male body because i find it useless

anyway (you cant change the normalmaps for the weightslider so you end up with a beerbarrel

pregnant and a Sixpack on top... so to say)

Soooooo, i tried that, or at least i think i did, and nada.

Identical problem, can't get the program to work with Bodyslide for the life of me. Really want to though; looks amazing! Any help would be much appreciated. (Probably a simple fix, but I'm also a noob lol)

• 2 months later...

Anyone have a preset to have the body closest to the vanilla male body or the SOS body? It'd me much appreciated.

And I'm hoping someone can make a conversion slider set for the male body so we can convert the male armors to the new bodyslide formats and body.

Or maybe they already exist or is really easy to make, I don't know

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This is great, but I find that it replaces the textures on the female models...

Also, there isn't a chance that someone has made a less fit version of this?

I like the way this looks, but I myself would like my character to look less fit in the bigger states.

TL;DR, has anyone made a fat body model instead of a muscled one?

• 2 months later...

This is great, but I find that it replaces the textures on the female models...

Also, there isn't a chance that someone has made a less fit version of this?

I like the way this looks, but I myself would like my character to look less fit in the bigger states.

TL;DR, has anyone made a fat body model instead of a muscled one?

I would also be really interested in this, and I'm actually going to give it a shot. Anyone have any tips/documentation on doing this stuff, besides the standard Bodyslide docs and instructions?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

im using mod organiser and i install manually but there is no data folder so im a little lost if anyone has the answer and is willing to share it would be fantastic 

Data folder is in Skyrim installation. It contains meshes and textures subfolders.

Bodyslide files by default goes to Tools folder in Data folder,that's where Fnis and calientetools bodyslide folders residing by def installation.