HDT News and Info || Latest v14.28, Stable 10-24

The latest version really needs an option to turn off the hdt crash dump. Flushing a full 1gb crashdump can take quite awhile on slower drives. The SKSE crash dump is usually enough for me to analyze.

If you use hdtSkyrimMemPatch, then there is an ini setting there that will turn off the full memory dump.

I was able to get HDT and HDT bodyslide to work without too much of a problem!

If someone wants to create a fomod/nmm installer which includes HDT, skeleton, body, and all of it together is it ok to redistribute a specific version of HDT or would you rather users make installing it beforehand a prerequisite?

Thanks for this! It really does a good job!

What does this error mean, please?

Fatal error occured
[04/02/14 14:00:19]ERROR: Code : 0xc0000005
[04/02/14 14:00:19]ERROR: Flag : 0x00000000
[04/02/14 14:00:19]ERROR: Module : °хє_
[04/02/14 14:00:19]ERROR: Address : 0x004d4eb9
[04/02/14 14:00:19]ERROR: Module Address : 0x59544952
[04/02/14 14:00:19]ERROR: AccessViolation, try to read 0x00000086 failed
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"seems stable enough"

I tend to agree. At this point there's a number of accessory releases that seem to fix a number of the common issues. With the hdtHavokModifier (JFF) tool that is more than just functional, I'm not so sure there needs to be any more updates.

A visual tool that worked with animations AND provided Havok effects? It would pretty much be icing on the cake.

TBPH it's a perfectly functional usable tool that could very well be . . . I dunno . . . better left alone? I mean, It ain't broke.

• 1 month later...

HDT just got an official release on Nexus the other day: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53996/?

Hydrogen says he was working on a visual editor (GUI I guess?) but can't commit the time for it. What does this mean to HDT?

This means shes working for 2.0 version of JFF with UI that i send her as expl, but this work need a collaborative work with modders.Cause Hydro cant do it alone ( very much time consuming  + testing), need exp tool programmers to help it make faster.

Either no one helping or she didnt ask for help i guess.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Although I know this mod may have been abandoned, it really needs further updates.

• Model/Equipment changing messes physics behavior until game restarted. This bug happens whenever equipping/re-equipping HDT Havok Object or transforming back from VampireLord/Werewolf to human.
  • ListShape intra-collision happens after SKSE updated to 1.7.3. It never happened before I update my SKSE. Now, when a RigidBody has collisions with the group it belongs to (Ex: breast-breast, butt-butt), colliders in the same ListShape will have wrongly calculated collisions between themselves.
  • 1 month later...

well i'd just like to post this little tidbit somewhere, doubt it'll be seen by many.  I was struggling with getting any bounce to work for days and when i finally got it the collision was non existent.

at last I found out that NMM, or even WinRAR for that matter, was not extracting "hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll" from the HDTPE mod archive.  I had to manually extract it to my desktop and then move it to the correct folder (data/skse/plugins).

but that one stupid thing fixed everything!  now HDTPE AND HDT TBBP work, among other HDT mods!

• 1 year later...

Is anyone aware of the current status of SMP? I've heard that Hydrogen has been actively working on it. The reason I ask is because I wonder if there is any effort being put towards updating SMP for SSE (I don't see HDT PE coming over, it's technically obsolete and then there are the issues with the havok sdk not being public). If anyone has some info on this, that'd be awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone aware of the current status of SMP? I've heard that Hydrogen has been actively working on it. The reason I ask is because I wonder if there is any effort being put towards updating SMP for SSE (I don't see HDT PE coming over, it's technically obsolete and then there are the issues with the havok sdk not being public). If anyone has some info on this, that'd be awesome!

I spend a bit of time trying to build the hdtSkyrimMemPatch source to handle the new SKSE64 under both VB2015 and VB2017.  A bunch of work was minor tweaks to clean up most of the errors but I ended up getting stumped when I ran into functions that SKSE64 hadn't yet ported from the earlier versions.  I'm not a C++ coder so someone with more intelligence/experience than me might get further but I couldn't get it to compile cleanly yet.  

Hopefully future SKSE64 iterations and/or clever C++ coding of the mempatch will provide us with a nice little SKSE hook for HDT-SMP.  

• 2 weeks later...

I spend a bit of time trying to build the hdtSkyrimMemPatch source to handle the new SKSE64 under both VB2015 and VB2017.  A bunch of work was minor tweaks to clean up most of the errors but I ended up getting stumped when I ran into functions that SKSE64 hadn't yet ported from the earlier versions.  I'm not a C++ coder so someone with more intelligence/experience than me might get further but I couldn't get it to compile cleanly yet.  

Hopefully future SKSE64 iterations and/or clever C++ coding of the mempatch will provide us with a nice little SKSE hook for HDT-SMP.  

I suppose we're waiting on SKSE then. thankfully they seem to finally be making real progress.

is there source for the SMP dll outright? or just the mempatch dll?

I suppose we're waiting on SKSE then. thankfully they seem to finally be making real progress.

no source for smp sadly. i dont know why people still stick to pe

smp was last updated on 17th of september 2017, also hydro is active. theres nothing pointing to sse version till now. which is not a problem i guess

smp was last updated on 17th of september 2017, also hydro is active. theres nothing pointing to sse version till now. which is not a problem i guess

you have a way to switch to SMP for all PE functionality right? I think I remember reading a topic about that a while ago.

Honestly you should upload to nexus SMP bodies, with gifs of the physics in action. might see some traction then. Further, plug&play patches to popular PE armors would help.

I spend a bit of time trying to build the hdtSkyrimMemPatch source to handle the new SKSE64 under both VB2015 and VB2017. A bunch of work was minor tweaks to clean up most of the errors but I ended up getting stumped when I ran into functions that SKSE64 hadn't yet ported from the earlier versions. I'm not a C++ coder so someone with more intelligence/experience than me might get further but I couldn't get it to compile cleanly yet.

you have a way to switch to SMP for all PE functionality right? I think I remember reading a topic about that a while ago.

Honestly you should upload to nexus SMP bodies, with gifs of the physics in action. might see some traction then. Further, plug&play patches to popular PE armors would help.

There's a sticky post about smp and a drop to go to start with.

I won't upload anything to the Nexus.

You have to do a lot on yourself with smp, a plug&play is not the way to go. Only a way to start with.

• 2 years later...