skeleton_female.hkx, huge issue !

Redflyingmonkey

Hullo, every time I delete this crap when I change my HDT setting, FNIS keep showing me a default 99 bone skeleton for females, and the 231 bones for XP32. I thought this had something to do with my installation, so I reinstalled everything and even let XPMS overwrite all he asked, even TBBP. Is the skeleton rig related to the hkx ? I mean, wouldn't this cause a lot of problems to have a TBBP skeleton with only 99 bones ?? 

Hullo, every time I delete this crap when I change my HDT setting, FNIS keep showing me a default 99 bone skeleton for females, and the 231 bones for XP32. I thought this had something to do with my installation, so I reinstalled everything and even let XPMS overwrite all he asked, even TBBP. Is the skeleton rig related to the hkx ? I mean, wouldn't this cause a lot of problems to have a TBBP skeleton with only 99 bones ?? 

The 99 bones are the standard skeleton of Skyrim.

If FNIS is no skeleton-female.hkx, it uses this default skeleton.

You have you not worry about it.

So it's a FNIS error message and I actually have the right skeleton ? Got it ! Thank you again man !

So it's a FNIS error message and I actually have the right skeleton ? Got it ! Thank you again man !

There is no error message.

FNIS has just realized that no special HKX available and tells you that it takes the standard.hkx. And it has 99 bones.

There is no error message.

FNIS has just realized that no special HKX available and tells you that it takes the standard.hkx. And it has 99 bones.

Got it

Now if I am correct, HDT does what XP32 does, which is add tbbp. So they clash with each other and you have to delete the skeleton to get HDT to work.

How then am I getting HDT boobs collision with xp32 skeleton being used? ;P

From what I always remember, deleting the skeleton will cause insta-CTD when loading the skeleton-less race.

You think I should give it a try? ;)

EDIT: Removing skeleton female.nif causes CTD upon game load, but oddly removing skeleton female.hkx does not :D.

Now if I am correct, HDT does what XP32 does, which is add tbbp. So they clash with each other and you have to delete the skeleton to get HDT to work.

How then am I getting HDT boobs collision with xp32 skeleton being used? ;P

From what I always remember, deleting the skeleton will cause insta-CTD when loading the skeleton-less race.

You think I should give it a try? ;)

EDIT: Removing skeleton female.nif causes CTD upon game load, but oddly removing skeleton female.hkx does not :D.

The skeleton(s) required for BBP & TBBP will have around 242 bones, if FNIS is running and reports 99 bones for the female, you will NOT get HDT physics action (no bones to perform action on)

Something has over-written the skeleton you are/should be using.

The .hkx file is irrelevant, and gets recreated by FNIS every time you run GenerateFNISforUsers.

Deleting your skeleton is a silly thing to do, btw.

Well I mean, actually I do aha, FNIS keep giving me the 99 bones skeleton message but I can use everything you can use with XPMS, that includes swords on back and quivers on hips and HDT and Immersive Animations. I've no idea why it's still saying that tho. 

Edit : Nevermind I didn't see the previous messages and I thought you were telling me that if FNIS didn't recognize my skeleton I couldn't use HDT, judge :P 
You're right tho, I'm just touching at the _hkx and I guess FNIS has got some issues getting out of his period. 

Well I mean, actually I do aha, FNIS keep giving me the 99 bones skeleton message but I can use everything you can use with XPMS, that includes swords on back and quivers on hips and HDT and Immersive Animations. I've no idea why it's still saying that tho. 

Edit : Nevermind I didn't see the previous messages and I thought you were telling me that if FNIS didn't recognize my skeleton I couldn't use HDT, judge :P 

You're right tho, I'm just touching at the _hkx and I guess FNIS has got some issues getting out of his period. 

What I am saying is FNIS is finding a Vanilla (99 bone) skeleton and using that to create it's animation files.

The 99 bone skeleton cannot run the HDT Physics stuff.

If FNIS found a 99 bone skeleton, so will the HDT process.

You need to install the proper skeleton in the proper locations {notice that locations is plural}

That means that if you are running a custom race, you may need to manually install the skeleton you chose to ALL locations.

The latest XPMS skeleton (version 1.92) will install a 242 bone skeleton for both male and female, so when you run GenerateFNISforUsers it should report a bone count of 242 for both male and female skeletons.

Edit: corrected numbers

What I am saying is FNIS is finding a Vanilla (99 bone) skeleton and using that to create it's animation files.

The 99 bone skeleton cannot run the HDT Physics stuff.

If FNIS found a 99 bone skeleton, so will the HDT process.

You need to install the proper skeleton in the proper locations {notice that locations is plural}

That means that if you are running a custom race, you may need to manually install the skeleton you chose to ALL locations.

The latest XPMS skeleton (version 1.92) will install a 242 bone skeleton for both male and female, so when you run GenerateFNISforUsers it should report a bone count of 242 for both male and female skeletons.

Edit: corrected numbers

I run just ran FNIS for Users to check how many bones my skeleton has and here's the output:

FNIS Behavior V4.0 Beta 4.1   01/17/2014 12:03:24 AM

Skyrim: 1.9.32.0 - d:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\skyrim (Steam)
Generator: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users
Skeleton female: XPMS (242 bones)   male: XPMS (242 bones)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix" 

Reading ActionPoser ...
Reading Bestiality ...
Reading Bestialityrap ...
Reading FNIS ...
Reading FNISBase ...
Reading FNISCreatureVersion ...
Reading FNISSpells ...
Reading FNISSpells_Ecchi1 ...
Reading FNISSpells_Engi1 ...
Reading FNISSpells_Ero1 ...
Reading FNISSpells_Ero2 ...
Reading Pinups ...
Reading Pinups2 ...
Reading Pinups3 ...
Reading Pinups4 ...
Reading Pinups5 ...
Reading PinupsEX1 ...
Reading PinupsEX2 ...
Reading PinupsEX3 ...
Reading PinupsEX4 ...
Reading PinupsMen ...
Reading SexLab ...
Reading SexLabCreature ...
Reading SexLabDefeat ...
Reading ZaZAnimationPack ...( 6 furniture, 0 offset animations)
Reading zzEstrus ...
Reading zzLSARAddon ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files...
Generating mt_behavior xml ...
Converting Behavior Files (.xml to .hkx) ...

Create Creature Behaviors ...
Reading Bestiality ...
Reading Bestialityrap ...
Reading SexLabCreature ...

3181 animations for 27 mods successfully included (characters)
  ( 6 furniture, 0 offset animations) - mt_behavior usage: 1.5 % (73/4770)
 332 animations for 3 mods and 16 creatures successfully included.

At least for me the skeleton was installed in the general dir for all races and I additionally installed it in my ygnord folder. For the custom race Skyrim deemed skeleton_female.hkx as redundant, but that might be because Young Nord race uses the general dir for some files.

No well I mean, for real everything is working fine, the animations and the HDT, it's all ok even with the 99 bones, seriously.
I just want to know why, with the same installation, do other people get the 242 bones when I only get the 99 ! 
I thought this was an issue before I installed the game again, as I was getting some dirty CTDs, turns out it's my scripts and not the skeleton. And I've tried this, ran FNIS : 242 bones.
Deleted skeleton_female.hkx, ran FNIS again : 99 bones. But everything's still working perfectly fine, there's no exploding meshes nor CTDs on unequip, I get pregnant like normal too, and FNIS is still saying 99 bones. Periods or crack. 

I don't seem to have any problem with HDT without skeleton_female.hkx.  Even FNIS report 99 bones but all breast/butt animation are working as it should from HDT.

I know that skeleton_female.hkx needed if you would prefer BBP/TBBP but anyone who use HDT will get BBP/TBBP effect already.

I don't seem to have any problem with HDT without skeleton_female.hkx.  Even FNIS report 99 bones but all breast/butt animation are working as it should from HDT.

I know that skeleton_female.hkx needed if you would prefer BBP/TBBP but anyone who use HDT will get BBP/TBBP effect already.

Well, same thing for me, but I was starting to wonder why exactly FNIS showed the 99 bones. It's good to know I'm not the only one with the 99 FNIS report. I was starting to wonder if this was not the cause for my CTDs, but installing "safety load" solved my problems apparently !

Because 99 bones are mapped in the vanilla skeleton*.hkxs for keyed animation while XPMS has 242 bones that can be used for keyed animation. Number has nothing to do with number of bones in the nifs.

HDT_PE works on the bones directly so for HDT_PE that number is not an issue.

I believe we both just said the same thing so . . .

:)

i believe HDT does the same thing as the hkx file, but since FNIS only works with the hkx files it will just default into reading as the vanilla skeleton bones because there is no hkx file, since the hkx file tells FNIS how many bones there are.

that is the default state when you don't have the hkx, but since you have HDT it doesn't matter what FNIS does.

it works just fine as far as i've used HDT without the hkx file.  though HDT does have a lot of conflicts that may or may not be possible to fix simply because of how hit and miss the game uses havok. (we all know how that is in every beth game, right? LOL)

Because 99 bones are mapped in the vanilla skeleton*.hkxs for keyed animation while XPMS has 242 bones that can be used for keyed animation. Number has nothing to do with number of bones in the nifs.

I don't really care that much about how HDT functions in my game, I mean if it works it's cool, if it's not well it can still leave, but I'd be pretty devastated if my cool sword on back and all that stuff stopped working or started glitching. Turns out it's not the case eh

I don't really care that much about how HDT functions in my game, I mean if it works it's cool, if it's not well it can still leave, but I'd be pretty devastated if my cool sword on back and all that stuff stopped working or started glitching. Turns out it's not the case eh

Not that long ago, you mentioned having to reinstall Skyrim.

I don't wish to drag out this particular thread any further. When you run into problems, ie CTDs, animations running funky, HDT not working, check your skeleton it's not installed correctly.

Not that long ago, you mentioned having to reinstall Skyrim.

I don't wish to drag out this particular thread any further. When you run into problems, ie CTDs, animations running funky, HDT not working, check your skeleton it's not installed correctly.

Yeah, well I did install my skeleton correctly on that reinstall. Since Groovtama has the same 99 bones FNIS report, I'm fixed now and if I do CTD I'll be sure that it's not caused by the skeleton but by my load order or simply scripts. 

Erhmagerd man. While I know I'm the one who actually wrote the post I'm starting to kind of loose my patience. FNIS doesn't recognize the skeleton because, basically, the bridge that it's report is based on the notification that he finds in the skeleton_female.hkx. Thus, when removing it, FNIS doesn't remember the actual skeleton which is still present. That means even if he says 99 bones, my skeleton and everything I put on it, like swords on back, pregnant body scaling and quivers on back are still there and it would be impossible if the 242 skeleton was not there to begin with. 
Now you can ask why the eff did I post my topic if I knew that, well since I don't know squat APART from what I've just said, I wanted to prove it by having someone else tell me they have the same report. 

Finally, and I'm saying this for the third time already, it IS  the deletion of "skeleton_female.hkx" which causes the FNIS not to remember the bones, as I've made a test in real time, running fnis before and after I deleted the thing. For the third time. 

PS : Even if I've kind lost my patience, I'm still thanking you for trying to help me, even if there's not much to help me with anymore, you're free Sir. 

Affirmative on the FINIS 99 bones without skeleton.hkx. I noticed this when I started using the collision stuff with HDT. But everything I throw at my skeleton files works, so nuts to FINIS.

Just a thought and tbh I have no idea but have you had any issues with animations that are driven by FNIS? the idea of deleting skeleton to get HDT to work is what is keeping me from trying it as many of the mods I want to use are FNIS dependent I was hoping for some indication of how this worked out.

Archived