[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

These tutorials have been very helpful to read in increasing my understanding of the two relevant tools, but I still have yet to achieve my goals with them as there is still some things I'm not clear on, or thing don't quite go so smoothly. I'll use my own current goal as an example: 

I'd like to fit newmiller's Vampire Chain Cuirass (UNP version) to the standard npc bodies I have in game (currently UUNP Special with default UNP preset). Which guide am I meant to follow then; 1 or 3? Do neither of these account for presets? Is one not meant to load and set a preset for the reference shape, but rather simply shape it to the outfit as stated in guide 1? Once bones breast, butt and belly bones are copied from a suitable reference shape, will these outfits properly display hdt properties in game such as pregnancy related scaling?

I cannot thank you enough for this guide. I've been putting off dealing with some (extremely basic, since I would have been going from 7B to UUNP) conversions. I had most the broad strokes figured out, but I was missing out on a few key steps to avoid having to manually move the mesh around. I can't believe no one had ever bothered making a UUNP conversion of the Aradia Bikini, or maybe they did and I'm too dumb to find it, but here's to awesome.

post-70154-0-21715900-1508651541_thumb.jpg

Based on this, there's a few more personal conversions I can do now from other UNP body-types.

• 1 month later...

Hey, I'm still pretty confused, but this is seemingly simple, so it'd be great to get some quick help.

I'm trying to conform sliders from this mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59876/?

To these outfits:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59267/?

I load the outfits up in bodyslide and can edit them with bodyslide's default sliders, but not the 'additional sliders' slides. So I take the base CBBE HDT body and build it to apply  the additional sliders. Then, I load one of the TERA armors as a project in outfit studio, and load the CBBE HDT body as reference, and go to sliders>Conform selected. From there, in outfit studio, the sliders work perfectly fine with the outfit, sans some clipping. Then, I save the project. My problem is, when I go back to bodyslide and open up the outfit, it still only shows me the default bodyslide slides. The only difference is, an extra copy of the outfit is saved (as an .osp file i think), which also doesn't have the additional sliders. What am I doing wrong?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thx for these tutorials .

I have a practical question : Using Outfit studio to see a texture on a model, and all is working fine , but ingame this texture is not showing .

Have you an idea what the problem is ?
This is related to the mod M'rissi's tails of troubles , i'm using it into Skyrim VR and, it is the two sabrecat models , and their textures are simply not here , just the shape ( in grey ) of them during daytime , and it turns black during nightime , the texture of the sabrecat should be tiger greyed black instead.

I guessed it was because i use ELFX , but even disabling it does nothing .
This texture is stored in a .bsa file , can someone help me to solve this issue please ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For the love of GOD can someone please post a video tutorial to convert an armor from CBBE to UUNP this is painful, i've been trying to learn for a while with these text guides and I just can't do it.   I thought by now the people converting these armors would be tired of converting armor after armor instead of teaching us how to do it..any video guide links please?

I've noticed this a few times, but how come some nif files show up in Outfit studio with the different meshes misaligned at different heights? If I open it in NifSkope, it looks correct though.

What's the cause of this? And is there an easy way to fix it?

• 1 month later...

Ok, so I did a brief look over. I dont see anything that would answer my questions. I'm rocking the Fill Her Up mod but I for the life of me cant figure out how to get any of the inflation animations to work, would that be something I'd have to change in Bodyslide or not?

4 hours ago, Wooly60 said:

Ok, so I did a brief look over. I dont see anything that would answer my questions. I'm rocking the Fill Her Up mod but I for the life of me cant figure out how to get any of the inflation animations to work, would that be something I'd have to change in Bodyslide or not?

This looks best to ask on the mod's support thread. If you're referring to animations you need FNIS... https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11811/

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

considering all the "everybody knows assumptions" (on abbrevs and shorts) I am possibly too old to go into the details, however ....

I am trying to put a few high heel meshes into FO4 and found some worthwhile in Skyrim and LL ....

I managed to figure out all the stuff like *.nif @ skyrim will give you the L and R boot or shoe ,...

I managed to import the *.obj into BLENDER and adjust, fit move them to correct position on a FO4 *.nif

what dazzles me is: some work some don't (i followed same procedure for all)

in Game (those who don't), are floating somewhere off-set in space to the character, and I have no clue how to tackle the issue.

Somewhere above (in this post) I read; quote:

>> Q: When I load boots/gloves the feet/hands/mesh is completely off from the body
A: This is a known bug, you can try fixing this in Outfit Studio by hitting "Shape -> Move Shape" to move the ENTIRE shape back onto the body.
Test if it worked by exporting to *.nif and opening in NifSkope and see if it shows up correctly. If not, then you're out of luck and should seek further assistance. <<

It is not that I did not try to follow this advice, but I also would like to ask the question about where to find the, quote: "you're out of luck and should seek further assistance"  ????

At present I am running out of ieas what might be the cause and how to correct, since for the the one source data file it works and for the next it does not  (same source).

Any guidance appreciated ....

Breite_Gu@web.de

• 1 month later...

Looking for advanced help.

Don't know exactly where to post this, so I hope this is the right place.

How do I create new and customized .tri files when creating customized mashups using Outfit Studio/Nifskope?  What I mean is that after exporting using Bodyslide, for certain armors, I am left with a multitude of armor pieces each occupying their own slots (I am looking at you Nise Tanaka :P).  I then piece them together in Nifskope, assigning appropriate slots, etc in Nifskope and create custom sets in Creation Kit.  That way I can narrow the number of used slots.  However, when I do this, I am left needing to pic one .tri file for UUNP sliders for each mashup, which means that some of the meshes are unaffectable by UUNP sliders in game.

How do I create new master .tri files that will affect all meshes in my mashups?

Here is what I have accomplished/tried so far:

I have tried simply repointing to the main femalebody.tri file, assuming that it is a sort of master .tri with all sliders enbedded.  This simply killed all slider functionality.

In OS, I loaded my reference body, then the mashup, then imported femalebody.tri.  This seemed to apply the sliders to the outfit in OS.  However, when exporting the mashup without a reference, nothing changed in the original .nif.  When exporting with a reference, the extradata now pointed to the femalebody.tri in one of the mashup pieces.  This seemed promising.  I then removed the reference body in nifskope (no body needed for gauntlet/pauldron mashup) and loaded up Skyrim.  The meshes still are unaffected by UUNP sliders.

I hope there is a way to do this without learning new software.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have a CBBE to UUNP 3BBB conversion reference? I have been trying to convert the TAWoBA SE files to UUNP (since it has belly physics), but nothing seems to be working. If I try to convert the Oldrim TAWoBA UNPB files, I get a reference with sliders that scales the armor but not the reference, and if I try using the SE CBBE files I get mismatches with the sliders (since the outfit has CBBE sliders, but the new reference has UNP).

I am pretty much completely lost here. All I wanted was belly physics for my favorite armor set and now I am just completely confused.

The fact that the pictures in this guide don't load certainly doesn't help, since it means I am trying to do this blind.

• 2 months later...

Pardon me if I'm an idiot or missing something obvious, but I'm trying to fix the leg seams on Nightromodz khajiit overhaul with cbbe SE for my own personal use and whenever I load it up in game there are two Mammoth sized feet on either side of my character instead of normal sized ones attached to them. Does anyone know why this would be happening, all I do is fix the seams, optimize the meshes and then save the project, build them with bodyslide and then in game things get all weird. The size is fine before I put them through outfit studio as well.

• 1 year later...
On 1/9/2014 at 11:49 PM, blabba said:

Q: I get animation clipping issues on my conversions? (Body clipping through outfit in-game)
Multiple fixes:
1. Go back in OS and create more 'space' between the mesh and the body using the brushes (hint: view in wireframe mode to double check the areas).
2. Create a zap slider and mask the belly area, invert the mask and click "Slider -> New Zap". This will 'hide' the belly underneath the armor so you will not see clipping issues.
3. Re-adjust bone weighting.

Okay.. I've figured out how to do the 2nd one.. Can someone please tell me (or point me to) how to do 1st and 3rd?

• 2 months later...

Could this guide please be updated all the pics are just dead links. I have zero experience with these tools so it doesn't help when I get a step that says.

Delete the imported body from the outfit if it has one!

Well great this is utterly unhelpful. How do I know if an outfit has an imported body? How do I delete an imported body when needed?

Use the brush tools to fix clipping (make sure the shape that you're editing is selected on the right-hand side!)

Again what the frack does this mean? what brush tool? How do I actually use the brush tool? and what does it mean make sure the shape is selected on the right hand side? Why is that important? What does the brush tool do, do I do I just use the tool like a paint roller or does it take fine strokes so I don't ruin something? I don't know and this guide doesn't tell me anything, but do it. It doesn't tell me how to do it.

I am sure that if there were pictures things would be easier to understand but they seem to be all dead to me.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/1/2021 at 6:42 PM, Gothfather said:

Could this guide please be updated all the pics are just dead links. I have zero experience with these tools so it doesn't help when I get a step that says.

Delete the imported body from the outfit if it has one!

Well great this is utterly unhelpful. How do I know if an outfit has an imported body? How do I delete an imported body when needed?

Use the brush tools to fix clipping (make sure the shape that you're editing is selected on the right-hand side!)

Again what the frack does this mean? what brush tool? How do I actually use the brush tool? and what does it mean make sure the shape is selected on the right hand side? Why is that important? What does the brush tool do, do I do I just use the tool like a paint roller or does it take fine strokes so I don't ruin something? I don't know and this guide doesn't tell me anything, but do it. It doesn't tell me how to do it.

I am sure that if there were pictures things would be easier to understand but they seem to be all dead to me.

1. There is a PDF download that has all the images...

2. There will literally be a body! Use the eye-shaped icon next to your imported body to turn your body off. If there is still a body showing, that means there is an imported body from the armor itself! Right click and delete it! Simple.

3. Brushes are at the top. It's quite easy to just take a look around the program and try to figure things out. Hover your cursor over each icon for tooltips.

And again. **There is a PDF! Download it! There are images!**

Edited by UVtears
Clarify point #1