gerra6

Mesh Rigger (Skyrim, Fallout, Oblivion) Beta.89.f (10-26-2014)

Thanks for the input! I tried to see if I could get help from someone that does actual bodyslide conversions(in the conversion thread), but I never got a reply so I dont think theres many people doing conversions anymore.

I also found this video tutorial, but its pretty old. Do you think this would be a good tutorial for me to follow, or should I not due to its age?

Can't tell that video has setting restrictions that prevent it from being seen here so I have no clue on it's content. You can find many tutorials on youtube and I think on the actual bodyslide nexus page it lists many links as well.

Yeah sorry about that. I actually think the video might be too outdated anyway. The interface is pretty different and it seems like my mod was maybe made differently than the armor that's being converted in the video.

I guess I'll just keep searching. And thanks for the feedback :)

Well I'll be damned, this tool works great! For FNV at least, as It made a fully functional mesh on the first run. 

Did highlight some clipping issues though, so I better get back into blender and fix that, but that's on me and not the tool. 

Thanks a bunch for this. 

Thanks for this!

Im a bit of nuub when it comes to this tool so i was wondering. (skyrim)

How to you add Weights to hair? so the hairstyle dont remain static and clips when you wlk?

like the person at did.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75915/?

Select a mesh body or mesh head?

Then select a female skeleton

Copy weights option.

Select bones.

Ok.

Then bones menu comes up i select the L and R breast bones. Any other bones?

Then close the window to confirm?

It's been about a year, and I've returned to FONV to finish what I started.  The time has suddenly come to recruit Cass and get her quests done, and so I bang my head against the conundrum that I never got a solution to beforehand:

I am trying to rig this armor.  It has five affected meshes total (cass_companion, cassarmoredjacket, cassarmoredNOjacket, cassjacket, cass_topless).  Every possible method I have tried has given a distorted, unusable mesh.  I sought help on this a year ago.  The offered result lacked distortions (besides visible meatcaps), but exhibited a cel-shaded look that could not be solved.  Other than that, to repeat, I have tried everything.  No permutation of settings satisfied Mesh Rigger, including those specifically suggested at the time.

I admit to having had some hope that this armor would have been successfully mesh-rigged by someone after all this time, but it could be that there is something unique about these meshes that makes the process impossible.  Certainly I challenge anyone to find success with Mesh Rigger itself.  Either way, I'd appreciate a quick conversion from anyone who has the knowledge and a spare moment.

I'm trying to add a belly node to the Touched by Dibella - Enhanced body as explained in this topic:

Adding a belly node in a body

After loading a template skeleton (XP32 V3.94) from which I want to copy the belly node I cannot scroll down and select ok to continue:

This window covers my entire screen:

node.jpg

My settings:

settings.jpg

Am I missing something?

@arg00n

You can not use most skeleton's as your template because most skeletons have too much shit it them and all that shit pushes the ok button off of the screen. Mesh rigger needs to be updated to fix that but it might be awhile before that happen. I would just grab a body with the needed bone nodes in it and use that as a template instead.

@arg00n

You can not use most skeleton's as your template because most skeletons have too much shit it them and all that shit pushes the ok button off of the screen. Mesh rigger needs to be updated to fix that but it might be awhile before that happen. I would just grab a body with the needed bone nodes in it and use that as a template instead.

Thank you! That worked just fine.

You can't just run mesh rigger and a oblivion armor will work with NV because the nif will still be the oblivion version and will not work with nv. You must first use Gerra6's pose converter to convert the armor pose from oblivion to NV and then you will have to use a 3d tool to convert it to work with NV once you do that then you can run mesh rigger to add bone nodes to the armor.

Never used anything like this so this a noob question, how do I get the bones menu to pop up after I select the nif I want to edit. the menu where I'm suppose to select the L and R breast bones do not show up for me.

After you hit Okay there will be some calculations and then a new bone selection screen will pop up.

So I'm using XP32 skeleton as the source of nodes for Mesh Rigger... and Mesh Rigger is deforming the majority of the meshes.  Any suggestions, tips, common sense things that I've missed?  I've tried copy weights on and off... replace bones on and off...   Tried just using a body/head mesh... not sure if what I'm doing is something I can fix or what.
Trying to rig KS hair meshes

Okay, now just using a body mesh instead of the skeleton and removing the Spine 2 bone seems to solve all problems.

Has anyone tried updating this tool to SSE or FO4 yet? I'm asking because I'm using it right now for Skyrim SE. I've got to use the older models of the tools, but so far it's working alright.

So a few things. Mesh Riggers UI uses Tkinkter.. tkk along with tkinker for python. The entire program is designed around python. I want to update this tool to work with Skyrim SE and FO4. I'm slowly cracking at this and looking at the classes. Here is a document to understand ttk for python.

Now here is my question and maybe someone can answer this for me. Does Mesh Rigger need to be updated through the scripts in it's own programming to work with the new SSE and FO4 nifs or does it need to have pyffi updated to work with those meshes?

@Vain.3805

It is best not to use skeleton's when using the tool as many times the skeleton will have too many bone nodes in it and it'll push the ok button off of the screen so you an't click it. The KS hair mesh is it a HDT one? HDT ones will get messed up in mesh rigger and outfit studios as they mess up the files and break the HDT in them.

You could try using outfit studios to add the head bone node to the mesh as long as it doesn't have HDT.

@Tooneyman23

I'm not sure if there are many that know the inner workings of Gerra6's tools other then Gerra6 themselves. A one time I they stated they were going to update the one tool and maybe get the other ones updated too but they disappeared again so not sure. I do know that they stated once that to work on their tools you first have to love math if you hate math it's going to fucking suck for you as there are a lot of equations and stuff.

8 hours ago, myuhinny said:

@Vain.3805

It is best not to use skeleton's when using the tool as many times the skeleton will have too many bone nodes in it and it'll push the ok button off of the screen so you an't click it. The KS hair mesh is it a HDT one? HDT ones will get messed up in mesh rigger and outfit studios as they mess up the files and break the HDT in them.

You could try using outfit studios to add the head bone node to the mesh as long as it doesn't have HDT.

@Tooneyman23

I'm not sure if there are many that know the inner workings of Gerra6's tools other then Gerra6 themselves. A one time I they stated they were going to update the one tool and maybe get the other ones updated too but they disappeared again so not sure. I do know that they stated once that to work on their tools you first have to love math if you hate math it's going to fucking suck for you as there are a lot of equations and stuff.

@myuhinny

Khan's Academy is a beautiful thing and I've been working on it. ? Actually taking a lot of algebra courses to help. Now here is my deal. The UV is terrible for the GUI since it uses Tkinter. Even if the author wanted to update the tool to SSE or FO4. Pyffi hasn't been update to work with BriShape which is the new version of the nifs for Skyrim SE and FO4. These are updated through the nif xml files on Niftools. It looks like someone was working on updating them, but hasn't really since. I've recently just got my python 3.8 environment setup and will start cracking on this little by little. I'm the new author of BME and UNPR for Skyrim SE and I want to use the tool to help me get the body's in top performance shape. It's able to create meshes very well. The only thing I wish the tool would do is smooth the mesh to the new smoothing level of the one I'm copying from, but a last that is not possible at this time. I'm going to look into it.

Now the reason the bones are so big for the new skeletons is because of tkinters plug-in. It's under the this file.

image.png.149943fc540877e37cc4c7e726972eef.png

If anyone wants to update the UI to allow the bones to work properly. The UI has to be fixed. It works with tkinter. Example:

image.png.c5e6be0d991083cb9dfff61aed07d550.png

The bonemenu as you can see if created through tkinker which is a GUI for python. Here is a link on how tkinter works and is created. But like above it uses a few version of tkinter which is ttk. The bonemenu doesn't have a scrollbar or a few other features which allows the GUI to expand to show the "Ok" button. I've been working on this issue for over a month now to figure out how to add a scrollbar to this program. I'm going to eventually get it. Tkinter requires you to first create a canvas and add a scrollbar for both the y and x axis with some padding to get it to work. My problem from this program was getting the bones to load. I realized the bone menu wasn't the problem that the whole UI needs to have scrollbar functionality along with expanding padding to allow the box to move with the setup. That's a lot of work. =P If it can be done and it will take time to update. It's not about math when it comes to UI.

As for upgrading the pyffi and nif xml to get Mesh Rigger to work with BriShape. That's another problem in itself. XD

But I want to show people the technical issues and what is the problem with this tool as of the moment.