Mesh Rigger (Skyrim, Fallout, Oblivion) Beta.89.f (10-26-2014)

25b seem to have problem I got which were fixed in 21b.  After running mesh rigger, select bone to copy, the tool run for a while and just stop.

Thanks for the bug report.

It appears that the tool was not properly adding new bones unless 'Delete Existing Rigging' was enabled.

Please try this patch and let me know if it resolves the issue:

Download:

Mesh Rigger b_25_a_Update.7z

ChangeLog:

1. New Bones should now be properly added when 'Delete Existing Rigging' is enabled or disabled.

OK, if you're using the portable version, the rest of your python installs shouldn't matter.

The logs and settings should be located within your /save/ folder, which should be automatically generated within the same folder that contains the .bat files from the download.

That's odd. Next time you load it, hit the 'Load Defauts' button and click OK.

That will run the tool with the default settings (which won't work) but it should generate a log file and a config file.

After that, try running the tool again and see if you are able to select the template and target files.

If that still doesn't work, try downloading the full portable install again.

It looks like it's deleting the existing boneweights for non-selected bones, even though 'delete existing rigging' is not enabled.

Do me a favor, run it again, but this time disable 'Replace Weights'

I think you'll get the results you're looking for.

In the meantime, I need to take another look at the flow control.

Sure.

Set the number of targets to 1, set the template and target nifs to the same nif, and then choose a different nif for your skeleton template. Enable 'preserve skeleton structure' if you don't want the skeleton structure to be flattened.

Enable delete rigging as well.

This will copy the exact weighpainting from the nif and then back to itself, but copy the bones from the skeleton template.

Note: if the bind position of the bones differ between the nif and the skeleton template, the position of the vertices within the nif will be adjusted to compensate (ensures that the in-game mesh nif won't be distorted)

Mesh Rigger b31 working seem to be OK.

However I have a problem when use it with new template mesh "HDTbody".

Template : tem_HDTbody.nif

Source : sou_femalebody_0/1.nif

Output : out_femalebody_0/1.nif

Symptoms : Messy body when weight other than 0 and 100.

report.7z

post-159173-0-02067400-1393847264_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the bug report.

Hmm...with that config file and those output meshes...that shouldn't be possible.

It appears that the vertex order is properly preserved, that the skin instance was correctly generated, etc. I can't see any reason for that bug.

I'll spend some time on it tomorrow and see what I can figure out.

OK, I've tracked down the problem.

The issue is that the template mesh doesn't have a morph key, so the tool doesn't know whether the _0 or _1 nif should receive weightpainting from the template nif. Instead, the tool defaults to non-morph behavior and treats both the _0 and _1 nifs as independent nifs that end up processed and weightpainted separately.

This would be fine, except that since the _0 and _1 nifs have a different physical shape, they receive different weightpainting and everything can get a bit messy.

To resolve this issue, simply rename the target nif to reflect whichever morph it should paint. So if tem_HDTBody.nif should paint the _0 nif, rename it to tem_HDTBody_0.nif. If it should instead paint the _1 nif, rename it to tem_HDTBody_1.nif.

I tried rename HDTbody.nif into HDTbody_0.nif and HDTbody_1.nif and use each of them individually as template to femalebody_0.nif and femalebody_1.nif. 

The result mesh still have same deform problem.

Guess the missing morph key cannot be solved with just this simple way.

:(

I wasn't very clear before. Let me start over.

To function properly in game, the _0 and _1 nifs need to be identical, with the exception of the vertex locations, vertex normals, and tangent space.

In order to do this, Mesh Rigger performs the following actions.

1. It checks the file name of the template nif. If the template nif ends with either _0.nif or _1.nif, the morph key (just an internal variable used by Mesh Rigger) is set to either 0 or 1 to match the template morph type. If the template ends with anything else, the morph key is set to None.

2. Mesh Rigger checks the target file names. If the morph key is set to 0 or 1, it identifies any morph pairs by filename.

3. For any identified morph pairs, the tool will extract and save the relative vertex loc and vertex normal transforms. This provides the tool with the information it needs to convert a _0.nif into a _1.nif, and vice versa.

4. Mesh Rigger rigs any nif with a morph type that matches the morph key.

5. Mesh Rigger saves that nif. If it is a 0 morph type, it will be saved as nifname_0.nif. If a 1 type, saved as nifname_1.nif.

6. Mesh Rigger applies the save morph transform to convert the nif into its conjugate. This converts a _0.nif into a _1.nif and vice versa.

7. Mesh Rigger saves the new morph.

So, what does this all mean, and why did I provide all of this information?

Simple. To fully rig a morph pair (_0.nif and _1.nif), you need the following:

A. The template should have a body style that matches one of the morph pairs. The template's file name should correspond to *either* _0.nif or _1.nif. No single template should be used to rig both _0 and _1 nifs. As you have noted, you'll end up with ugly.

B. Both morph pairs should exist within the same directory. Note: Only one of the morph pairs needs to be selected.

As long as both of these conditions are met, the tool will automatically generate a matching morph nif from whichever nif it actually rigs.