:) I think we all have done that one at least once... well except pride... :P

I really laugh about once a year when reloading or messing around with Sexout and I get the infinity tits... Then I laugh at myself and fix them... ;)

Keep chipping away at it wolfboy you will get there.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, so for the past four hours I've been trying to get the Extender to work. Every time I boot up FNV to check my work, I get the message about only having v0 when v14 is needed. I have version 14 installed, I've checked that the DLL files are in /Fallout New Vegas/Data/NVSE/Plugins, I've deactivated and reactivated both NVSE and the extender multiple times, I've uninstalled and reinstalled both NVSE and the extender multiple times, I've done the same with version 12 of the extender and versions 4.2b2-4 of NVSE. I've even tried putting the DLLs into /Fallout New Vegas/Data/data/nvse/plugins, to no avail. I have, however, noticed that each time after I booted the game up, a pair of text files in /Fallout New Vegas labeled "nvse_extender" and "nvse_extenger_ng" would update, which contained the following message every time: "Aborting, NVSE version too old 0x20000c0"

If someone could please give me some sort of information on what the problem could be (BESIDES not following the installation instructions; I assure you, I followed the instructions), I would be very VERY grateful.

Don't get pissed.

Do you have a gore-disabled copy of the game and/or a gore-disabling mod?

For NVSE (from the Silverlock site), did you install all of the files from the folder (except for the src folder, which isn't needed) into your Fallout New Vegas Directory?  I can't imagine how it would generate files without stuff if you hadn't.  For lulz, download the most recent (4.2 beta v 4.7) and reinstall.  Don't know when the most recent version of NVSE was released, but NX was updated on 5/10/14.

How did you install the NVSE NX (the fomod from this thread) into the Plugins directory?

after I booted the game up, a pair of text files in /Fallout New Vegas labeled "nvse_extender" and "nvse_extenger_ng" would update, which contained the following message every time: "Aborting, NVSE version too old 0x20000c0"

Those are NX logfiles, they means exactly what it says. You are using too old a version of NVSE for NX.

4.2b4 is the only version available at silverlock now, so it should be difficult to get the wrong version. Not sure how you did it.

I'm not entirely certain myself why I appear to lack the most recent version. Now that I've had some more time to calm down and think things over, I'm going to see if any files are left over when I un-install NVSE; I originally was using 2.12 I believe, so if something from that version managed to stick around, that might be what's causing the problem.

Edit: As for your questions, Nyaalich: No, I do not have a gore-disabled version or gore-disabling mods (after all the times I punched an enemy in the face with a Powerfist and saw their head explode, I'm pretty sure about this), I always had the NVSE files in the Fallout New Vegas directory (though, as I previously stated in this post, I'm no longer certain if it's for 4.2b4 or if it's from 2.12), and FOMM (or at least the custom one required for NX) installed the files directly into the plugins folder without me having to hunt them down and move them myself.

Edit2: Okay, I can now confirm that the issue was that the NVSE files in the Fallout New Vegas folder were from 2.12 and not 4.2b4, hence the error message about having too old a version of NVSE. The mods are now working perfectly, without a single error or glitch to be seen anywhere. Nyaalich and Prideslayer, thank you for helping me, even if said help was indirect. :3

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is a result of the new NX debugging stuff as well as an issue in Spunk, but I'm trying to debug Pregnancy's interaction with Spunk but everytime I go outdoors in GoodSprings my console fills with Spam error messages and it seems I can't do any debugging outdoors with Spunk loasded, is there a way we can limit the Debug messages a bit?

post-12141-0-90448900-1404025879_thumb.jpg

Those error messages comes from NVSE 4 ('let'), not NX.

(Although it could potentially be something failing in NX that gets passed to 'let').

----

Aside:

It is kind of annoying when you get 3 console pages of the same message repeating. If you haven't already, you can change how many lines the console remembers in game via editting "Fallout.ini" in Documents/My Games/FalloutNV.

Change these something like this:

iConsoleVisibleLines=25
iConsoleHistorySize=1500

---

Does anyone know a text editor that I could use on my second monitor to safely read scof logs as they are written in game?

Those error messages comes from NVSE 4 ('let'), not NX.

(Although it could potentially be something failing in NX that gets passed to 'let').

----

Aside:

It is kind of annoying when you get 3 console pages of the same message repeating. If you haven't already, you can change how many lines the console remembers in game via editting "Fallout.ini" in Documents/My Games/FalloutNV.

Change these something like this:

iConsoleVisibleLines=25

iConsoleHistorySize=1500

---

Yeah, all I get then is more pages of that as my own debugging is at slower timed intervals, but Doc's just slipped me a under the counter update that may fix it anyway :)

And well if it's a NVSE thing then, not much anyone can do about it, in the end it's doing it's job, I just worry it can get annoying, I've already dropped one old mod from my load order due to excessive repetitive debugging messages with no option to turn them off.

NX_IsInList

Is there a priority to the return value? (eg: 1,2,3,4,0)

Or does the order of the form list affect the return value?

FLA = ItemA-Base, ItemA-Ref

FLB = ItemA-Ref, ItemA-Base

NX_IsInList FLA ItemA-Ref == NX_IsInList FLB ItemA-Ref ?

NX_IsInList priority is ascending return code order, so 1,2,3,4.

Ah so for us who only half understand, does that mean if the item is the third item in the list NX_IsInList will return a 3?

No.. NX_IsInList takes a formlist and a ref, and returns one of 5 values.

1: The ref in list, exactly.

2: The baseform of the ref is in the list.

3: The ref itself is a baseform of something in the list.

4: The ref and something(s) in the list share a baseform.

0: Ref not in list at all.

So give it rex's ref and it'll return 1 if rex's ref is in the list, 2 if rex's ref is NOT in the list but his baseform is in the list, or 4 if cheyennes ref is in the list, but not rex nor their common baseform.

The priority question is a bit more complicated now that I think about it. I should loop through the list 4 times, right now I just loop it once. So the result you get actually depends on the order of the items in the list.

Meaning if the list had cheyenne, baseform, and rex, NX_IsInList will return 4 if they are in that order, or 2 if the baseform is first in the list, but only return 1 if rex is before the other two.

• 3 weeks later...

The following functions are not documented anywhere I can find, could they be clarified:

NX_GetQVEVFl
NX_SetEVSt
NX_GetEVSt
NX_ClrEVSt
NX_GetEVFlAr
NX_GetEVFoAr
NX_GetEVStAr

(pulled from my nvse.log)

Set/Get/ClrEVSt I guess works just like EVFl but for strings, but I am confused by the QV and Ar ones- theres no Set/Clr Ar, and nvse array elements aren't type specified.

Me not writing documentation ? No, never... :)

The St are for strings, yes.

the Ar will return an array of all keys matching (either exactly or starting with) the key provided. There are version for each type because each type is store independently, even if they are logically associated.

Qv are more complex. Maybe DocSax talks about them in the tutorial.

They are condition functions that uses the string_var QuestVariable whose index you provide as a repository to hold the string key for the NX variable. As they are condition functions, only EvFl are usefull. It is a workaround for not being able to type or select an NX key in a condition.