@faulty

1. Use FOMM. (The one hosted here on LL)
  2. If already using this version make sure you download and reinstall (copy over the FOMM directory) the current version. There were bugs in the .3 version that have been rolled back.
  3. Doing the above it works flawlessly. I have just tested it on a minimum install of Sexout. (testing machine). No problems.

It should work regardless of mods install and requirements according to its fomod config file.

I think faulty is having issues downloading the file, not installing it. It's an issue that just seems to happen to some people sometimes and is never really reproducible by anyone else. Have you tried downloading with a different browser?

Okay, so a while ago i wrote on this message board about how i couldn't get this to work, however, i found out i wasn't using the custom FOMM, so that was why.

I felt like i should say this cause i thought something was wrong with the download but it was because i didn't read :P

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so, i have both updated version of NVSE and Extender installed, but it still says i need v11, and i have v0.

ok, i tried doing the suggestions in earlier posts about this issue ((was tired and dint read fully))), but even though i've installed with FOMM and put the NVSE directly into the FONV folder, it still says the above. Have i not installed something correctly?

There are only 2 possibilities:

Wrong version of NVSE (use v4 Beta 2), or nvse in the wrong place

Wrong place for nvse_extender.dll (it must be in DATA\nvse\plugins directory).

It doesn't give me the option for v2b2, only v4.2 b3.

and the .dll is in that place, i double-checked.

if you have a link for v4 b2, that'd be appreciated.

I have been having issues with NVSE Extender being seen as Version 0.  I have fresh install of FONV and used the custom FOMM recommended to install (and reinstalled to be sure).  NVSE V4.2 beta 2 is installed and my game files are verified.  I would try the 7z method but I do not see one available. All of my other mods work fine as well as my MCM.  I can see the sexout options in MCM as well as, change values in the menu.  If anyone can point out a solution or a good direction to look I would appreciate it.

I have been having issues with NVSE Extender being seen as Version 0. ...  If anyone can point out a solution or a good direction to look I would appreciate it.

This is the most common support question in Fallout LL, glance through the thread, tech support forums or search function and you will find your answer.

@Hernite:  Did you install the normal NVSE files in the directory that Fallout.exe is and NOT in the Data folders?  Cause the NORMAL NVSE files that you downloaded from the silverlock site should be in the folder that has Fallout.exe.

I have been having issues with NVSE Extender being seen as Version 0. ...  If anyone can point out a solution or a good direction to look I would appreciate it.

This is the most common support question in Fallout LL, glance through the thread, tech support forums or search function and you will find your answer.

I have dug through the 20 pages and if the solution I was looking for was there I have missed it.  And yes I am using the LL version of FOMM. This is why I posted the question.

@nyaallich

Yes, NVSE is in the main folder.  I just double checked (Stranger things have happened).

I am still beating my head on my desk looking for a solution.  This V 0 issue is driving me nutty. Thank you for the support.

Edit: Suddenly working and not sure why.  YAAY!

Including the post #108,  7 posts up?

There are only 2 possibilities:

Wrong version of NVSE (use v4 Beta 2+), or nvse in the wrong place

Wrong place for nvse_extender.dll (it must be in DATA\nvse\plugins directory).

The information is right in the OP as to where it goes .. :dodgy:

However further .. pictures under the spoiler... Pictures credit to BruceWayne which created a tutorial on how to install this over here

Data/nvse/plugins/

10extender.jpg

If you open the data folder... then the nvse folder..... then the plugin folder.... and it was installed correctly you should see both files installed.

nvse_extender.dll

nvse-extender_ng.dll

If you don't have those files installed you don't have it installed correctly which is impossible with the FOMM hosted here.

On that screen shot it shows the proper NVSE file that is needed in Yellow. Without that exact version it will not work as well.

w2bx.jpg

The installation is

11nvseinstall.jpg

All the above is covered in the tutorial created by BruceWayne. The above actual pictures from his tutorial. AS you can these files are placed into the same folder where "DATA" folder is. You can also see the FalloutNVLauncher.exe.as well.

You need both these files installed correctly and be using the proper version. If you do so it should work provided that you aren't using a pirate version of Skyrim. Also make sure you are using FOMM manager hosted here. Other managers may have issues with the .dlls this mod uses and won't install them correctly.

• 3 weeks later...

NX V14 released.

This version adds a new function, int:NX_GetRandom int:x int:y, and returns a random value from x..y inclusive. E.g. "NX_GetRandom 1 6" will return a value from 1 to 6, like rolling a die. If you require a random floating point value, multiply the operands and divide the answer. For example, for a value from 0.1 to 0.6, "NX_GetRandom 1 6" will return a value from 1 to 6, which you then divide by 10.

Scale the arguments up as high as you need to get more precision. 0.00 to 1.00 with two digits of precision is simply "NX_GetRandom 0 100", and divide the result by 100.

Thanks to Odessa for finding a bug in the Sexout random picker, leading me to create this function.

I am a fan of this new function.

Right on, brosef. Sexout beta has been updated to use it. I still have some of the rndValA stuff in there but at least it's not gibbersh based on having 60 anims to pick from spread over 7 different 'clumps'. I can just do 0..59 now and then pick from group A if it's 0..6, B if it's 7..8, C if it's 9..24.. etc.

The normal/default random M/F picker looks very much like that. 60 animations spread over 7 groups, first group has 9 anims (601-609), second group has 19 (611..629), etc. My brain was melting every time one got changed and I had to manually recalculate the percentages to pick from which group before picking an anim in that group.

• 2 weeks later...