@Grinderman:  An fomod is an archive file like a .zip or a .rar that tells FOMM exactly where to install those files for your mods, and I assure you that the fomod that you downloaded from this thread has the NVSE Extender files that you need.  If you aren't using FOMM to manage your mods, you should be.  NMM doesn't install a lot of mods correctly.

Problem on top of problem.  I can never get anything to work right.

What does this mean?  I get this after trying to install via the modded FOMM on this site.  I have NVSE beta, as said in the requirements.

"A problem occurred during install:
Could not find a part of the path 'files\nvse_extender.dll'.
The mod was not installed."

I think Skyrim is easier to mod. ;-;

Trigger, it's really *easy* if you just start from the beginning and follow the instructions. I don't know what you're doing to cause so many problems but believe me, with tens of thousands of downloads and only a handful of people having problems installing over the course of a few years... it almost doesn't get any easier.

You're doing something you're not telling us, probably involving a manual install, and it's screwing you up.

I ran the other FOMM once before, could that be it?  I don't know why I am having so many damn problems now.  I haven't really installed anything else. I am following the steps from the beginning save for using the vanilla FOMM once.  What could I possibly be doing wrong now?  I hate that I have to endlessly come on here and ask for help.  Its fucking ridiculous.  Keep making mods though for folks to enjoy.  I just can't I suppose.

I ran the other FOMM once before, could that be it?  I don't know why I am having so many damn problems now.  I haven't really installed anything else. I am following the steps from the beginning save for using the vanilla FOMM once.  What could I possibly be doing wrong now?  I hate that I have to endlessly come on here and ask for help.  Its fucking ridiculous.  Keep making mods though for folks to enjoy.  I just can't I suppose.

Running an older FOMM would not cause any problems, no. It knows how to upgrade it's 'stuff'.

1. Deactivate all the packages in FOMM. Note I said packages, not mods. You do not have to uninstall them, just deactivate.

2. Exit FOMM.

3. Run the steam cache validation on your game. Let it clean everything up.

4. Install NVSE. This must be done manually, FOMM cannot install things outside the data directory. Follow the installation instructions carefully.

5. Start up FOMM and begin activating packages. Don't forget the NVSE Extender.

That's it. No muss, no fuss, and dead easy.

Do not install 9000000 things at once. Do not install *anything* manually, ever, except NVSE and (later, much later) ENB. Everything else you zip up and then install with FOMM so you have an easy way to uninstall it if it doesn't work.

It really is that simple.

Thanks.  I don't want to waste time.  I'm sorry, I just don't know what else to do.  I essentially did what you said save for deactivating packages, though that would be only one package, MCM.  I didn't do that, and steam cache validate though.  However, I have been for 20 minutes, and no progress has been made.  So, my FONV probably broke, again. Lol.

Doing "essentially" what I said does not sound like the same thing as doing "exactly" what I said.

It probably is broken, and the only guaranteed ways to fix it are to either uninstall it or use the cache validator in steam. The cache validator is faster.

If you're getting the error: "Could not find part of the path 'files\nvse_extender.dll" try switching to the older version of the custom FOMM, specifically to version 0.14.9. The newer version, 0.14.9.1, gives the part of path error, but the older version activates it without a problem for me.

To change version, extract and place the files of the version you want into the folder that you have FOMM installed in, and choose to overwrite the existing files.

Problem on top of problem.  I can never get anything to work right.

What does this mean?  I get this after trying to install via the modded FOMM on this site.  I have NVSE beta, as said in the requirements.

"A problem occurred during install:

Could not find a part of the path 'files\nvse_extender.dll'.

The mod was not installed."

I think Skyrim is easier to mod. ;-;

Check for the files in the location under "Advanced users" in the OP.

data/nvse/plugins/

You should have two plugins there.

nvse-extender.dll

nvse_extender_ng.dll

If you don' you installed it wrong (nearly impossible with "modded" FOMM here of this site. Only happens when someone tries to install manually)

My game keeps telling me that "I need NVSE Extender V11 but that I have V0." I know I have it installed correctly, so what the fuck?

This question has been answered 100 times, so what the fuck?

A lot more than 100, but maybe you meant just by you, in this thread.

Searching 'nvse extender' yields 183 results, and glancing through them I'm quite sure nearly all of them contain the question, most of them several times. I would guess its asked once every 2 pages in every mod's support thread. Its also stickied in tech support.