Check for those files posted in the post above you.

I'm pretty sure it did install correctly with NMM though. At least, in my \Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins directory I see two new files:

nvse_extender.dll

nvse_extender_ng.dll

Also check out the tutorial for Sexout installation by BruceWayne (link in my sig) there must be some mistake in installation between NVSE and the extender that you made. Check that tutorial and see if you can find the issue. If not Pride or someone more skilled than me would have to chime in to help. I never had a problem with the correct NVSE installed and the Extender in the correct folder.

My bet is you installed the NVSE Beta using FOMM instead of dropping it into the Fallout New Vegas folder. If you go in to the data folder and see NVSE files you did that part wrong.

@Pride

The official version has issues with your extender? If so I will keep that in mind when tech supporting...

I seem to remember the original FOMM not allowing mods to install dll's, .exe's, etc. I might not be remembering that correctly though? It's been a long time since I used the original FOMM.

When you posted that I remembered that DocSax or KaynsChylde made that comment in relations to the Compilation not having the NX extender included. It did personally work for me the one or two times I used it. I think it was a hit or miss issue. Doesn't matter too much it can be installed manually for those willing to put forward that effort. I have gotten quite use to using the manual process that I find myself going though that extra efforts to extract the file before using it. Create a folder with the proper file structure.. Zip it up.. unzip to FNV when needed. Click overwrite where proper. Done. Not like this changes every couple of weeks... :D

I do however agree that the step to Fmod creation is a step in the right direction. It is likely commando's issue is either using the main FOMM instead of the experimental  or installing NVSE incorrectly. The later is what I bet is happening.

I do however agree that the step to Fmod creation is a step in the right direction. It is likely commando's issue is either using the main FOMM instead of the experimental  or installing NVSE incorrectly. The later is what I bet is happening.

This is *why* I FOMOD'd NX -- so it can't possibly be installed in the wrong place, unless someone does it manually. Of course having the wrong version of NVSE can certainly cause problems, as was the case with this guy. FOMM used to have the ability to check the NVSE version but that has been broken for a looooooooong time. I'll look into fixing it.

If I can do that, then the NX fomod (and others) can check the NVSE version during installation and complain if it is incorrect.

I think I have to take back what I said about dlls/exes and the original FOMM. It worked fine with MCM and PN if I remember, and both of those include NVSE plugin DLLs.

i have been using the main FOMM, and i have read on the http://nvse.silverlock.org/ website on how to install the NVSE, and other mods that required it worked fine, so im not sure :P

I honestly don't know what im doing wrong, im following the instructions on how to install this stuff, and yet it is still not working, i may just uninstall everything then try again, because i've followed the instructions on http://nvse.silverlock.org/ and http://www.loverslab.com/topic/16277-sexoutng-framework-installation-guide-for-beginners/ and yet it still doesn't work.

i have been using the main FOMM, and i have read on the http://nvse.silverlock.org/ website on how to install the NVSE, and other mods that required it worked fine, so im not sure :P

I honestly don't know what im doing wrong, im following the instructions on how to install this stuff, and yet it is still not working, i may just uninstall everything then try again, because i've followed the instructions on http://nvse.silverlock.org/ and http://www.loverslab.com/topic/16277-sexoutng-framework-installation-guide-for-beginners/ and yet it still doesn't work.

All you need to do "the hard way" is install NVSE. Make sure it's VERSION 4.

Everything else, use FOMM, and "it just works."

There are only three reasons that the error you showed ("requires v11 but has v0") can show up:

1. NVSE is not (correctly) installed.

2. The installed NVSE version is too old and thus NX refused to load with it.

3. NX is not installed (correctly).

#3 is solved before it happens if you install the latest NX fomod with FOMM, which means it can only be #1 or #2.

Are you launching the game through FOMM, and if so, have you gone to File > Launch Game > Custom Fallout to toggle how the game loads?

Doing that will actually launch it. I think you meant to ask if he went to 'Settings' and set up a custom launch command. You don't need to do that unless you're using fnv4gb or something.

If the NVSE loader is present, the launch button will automatically change from "Launch: Fallout NV" to "Launch: NVSE".

If you've entered a custom launch command, then that button does not change and the custom command is always used (for the button).

I am at a loss at what to tell you. YOu are looking in the right places. Fixed the issue with the wrong NVSE edition and read the tutorial for installation. That usually fixes up most of the issues. Perhaps verify the cache of your game to be sure that everything is correct with the game.

You are using a legal Steam version of FNV correct. In the past people that used pirated copies had issues with NVSE for some reason and by extension NVSE extender.

There is only two things that can cause that issue. NVSE installed wrong or the wrong version or NVSE extender installed wrong. Pride fixed that part. ( Mentioned in post 61)

Are you using Prides experimental FOMM? If so I am completely at a loss. Permissions issues (admin setting changed?) virus program issues (somehow blocking it). Perhaps some compatibility settings issues. What OS are you using?

Otherwise I don't know.

• 2 weeks later...

It's nearly impossible for NX to be responsible for this. If the NVSE version is too old, NX will simply not load, and any scripts calling NX functions will crash (this will stop the script -- not crash the game). Likewise if NX is too old for the mod, the script will crash, but the game will not.

Crashes are almost always the result of a missing ESM, or an incorrect ESM load order.

hello, im having some issues with nvse extender as far as every file i have tried to download is missing the two files needed in my data folder for them to work  Nvse_extender.dll and Nvse_extender_ng.dll for the latest version Nvse extender V12b2 the fomod does not contain them because i cant find it on my computer anywhere can someone just send me a link or tell me how i can just get these two files i have searched the intire web and downloaded every available copy of this file i could find to no avail. Any help at all would be appreciated but please dont send me another link to the silverlock site the files im looking for are not included in either of those downloads.