Blender 2.49b Scripts Package 1.01 (12/27/2013)

gerra6

no  the faces were selected, highlighted  .    i am always running vertex selection mode .

i needed to fix ears to head  and all faces from this region were highlighted .      When i did the seams of the hair to selected vertices  everything works fine.

i think the weirdness is when faces are highlighted .

I'll take a look once I finish the next update to the standalone tools. I'll have some fairly decent updates to Clothing Converter, Mesh Rigger, and Seam Mender sometime in the next few days, assuming I have enough free time.

• 1 month later...

Sadly, nope. Completely different API on the Blender side. Different version of Python even.

That said, now that Ghost has the Blender Nif Import script in a semi-usable state, I really should start porting my framework over to Blender 2.7.

Once I get my core stand-alone tools into a state that I am semi-satisfied with, I'll take a good hard look at porting an (hopefully improved) version of my framework into Blender 2.7.

• 1 month later...

The bone and modeling tools available for SecondLife users helps me do much of this work, weighting etc.  My work works fine, in sl, is there not a stand alone that will turn an obj or DAE file into a nif?

Or just a script to open and close nif files? (2.7++)

(Personally, 2.4 should be dumped because of the crappy ui)

The bone and modeling tools available for SecondLife users helps me do much of this work, weighting etc.  My work works fine, in sl, is there not a stand alone that will turn an obj or DAE file into a nif?

files.obj   has no weight paint data nor  textures data  this the reason nifskope can not open them. (for dae i do not know but i suspect compression royalties).

there is a nifscript plugin in dev  for blender 2.6... and 2.7  it means it is still in developpement  but works to open files.nif  (skyrim/oblivion and it is a beta)

i can pm the plugin  but i do not recall exactly how to install (i remember you need to import the pref in blender to see it and work with it).

i continu to work with blender 2.49  as it has all necessary plugin to work . the ui is not even secondary when you see the job getting done !

files.obj   has no weight paint data nor  textures data  this the reason nifskope can not open them. (for dae i do not know but i suspect compression royalties).

there is a nifscript plugin in dev  for blender 2.6... and 2.7  it means it is still in developpement  but works to open files.nif  (skyrim/oblivion and it is a beta)

i can pm the plugin  but i do not recall exactly how to install (i remember you need to import the pref in blender to see it and work with it).

i continu to work with blender 2.49  as it has all necessary plugin to work . the ui is not even secondary when you see the job getting done !

I agree that at this point it would be better sticking to 2.49b, at least for importing/exporting. The new plugin seems to import mostly fine, though I couldn't get it to export anything (it might have been an error on might part, I don't know).

• 1 month later...

Hello....I don't know since when this issue occurs. It didn't happen like this last year

But everytime i want to copy boneweights, there's an error saying "Python script error: check console".

A little bit of help would be very appreciated. Thanks.

First off you should check the console and post the error.

Do you know where to check the console? Still can't find it in my PC.

I installed blender & his friends in these directories:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation

C:\Program Files (x86)\NifTools

C:\Program Files (x86)\PyFFI

C:\Program Files (x86)\Python26

The console is in the CMD that executes when you launch blender. At least it should be like that for blender 2.49b.
  • 3 months later...

Жаль программы рассчитаны для программистов  angry.gif

It is designed for 3D artists. 3D artists are *not* necessarily programmers. Questions are welcomed, feedbacks are appreciated, while pointless rantings are not. If you have problems using it, please state it more specifically.

Sorry program designed for programmers  :( 

Yeah, Blender (and Python scripts) is a bit more in the direction of coder or programmer types, vs. other 3d tools. Heavily keyboard driven vs. just using a mouse.

I may, one day get around to mastering Blender, but no rush with other tools around.

Tools designed by a programmer not for programmers  but for blender users  , you do not need to know how python works  but it is better when you want thing to be automated.

and as a blender user i can relate that gerra6 Tools made thing easyer : very fast bone weight copy , easy mesh seems  , you can add automaticaly bones ( like butt bones and brest bones) . 

• 2 years later...

Archived