HDT Test Skirts

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How difficult would it be to remove the straps from the tartan skirt?

Quite difficult, since the straps and the skirt are part of the same mesh. An imperfect quick fix I did was to set the skirt to have an alpha property (can't recall if it already had it by default) and then delete the portion of the texture used to texture the straps. It's imperfect because while you can't see it normally, certain decals like blood decals will occasionally end up on the phantom straps.

• 1 month later...

Where do you get the skirts? Craft them or are they located somewhere in particular?

Use the console to spawn them.

From the main post:

In console type:

help "HDT Skirt"

or

help HDT

find the item you want and then type

player.additem <itemnumber> 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quite difficult, since the straps and the skirt are part of the same mesh. An imperfect quick fix I did was to set the skirt to have an alpha property (can't recall if it already had it by default) and then delete the portion of the texture used to texture the straps. It's imperfect because while you can't see it normally, certain decals like blood decals will occasionally end up on the phantom straps.

Another method using bodyslide studio would be to create a zap slider for the straps :P Here I did it including the bodyslide information (I don't know if it's complete... First time I upload anything x.x) The HDT wasn't screwed up, but I can't say its a profesional's work did it a bit quick.

post-1288755-0-65604200-1469798151_thumb.jpg

Tartan Skirt With Zap Straps Slider.rar

post-1288755-0-41511000-1469798922_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Currently I'm trying to add HDT physics to a piece of clothing similar to these skirts.

I'm fiddling around with NifSkope, trying to just copy the bones to the mesh but honestly, I've got no clue what I'm doing here...

Is there a guide I can follow to achieve my goal?

That makes two of us :blush: . I am currently trying to add UUNP version and removing this set. I hope to have an update (within a week or two) with a selection of skirts with WEIGHTS!! Yes I will add weights.

Another method using bodyslide studio would be to create a zap slider for the straps :P Here I did it including the bodyslide information (I don't know if it's complete... First time I upload anything x.x) The HDT wasn't screwed up, but I can't say its a profesional's work did it a bit quick.

Thanks. I hope to release a UUNP version based on Dianne's work.

By the way, this is the outfit I'm converting using Bodyslide.

post-975741-0-10644200-1472654173_thumb.jpgpost-975741-0-12199000-1472654180_thumb.jpg

The skirt is a bit longer than the test skirts showcased in this thread.

If I were to just copy the bones (assuming I actually succeed in doing this) would it work as intended?

Would the whole thing flutter around or just the upper part, where the bones are attached?

Another concern is clipping with the legs.

By the way, this is the outfit I'm converting using Bodyslide.

attachicon.gifScreenShot9.jpgattachicon.gifScreenShot10.jpg

The skirt is a bit longer than the test skirts showcased in this thread.

If I were to just copy the bones (assuming I actually succeed in doing this) would it work as intended?

Would the whole thing flutter around or just the upper part, where the bones are attached?

Another concern is clipping with the legs.

I am sorry but I am a total beginner at this. Dianne work has copied the bones and the skirt sizes greatly but now it tries to apply the movement of the body rather the the skirt. So basically it is stuck to the body. I've been messing around with it but so far no luck. If I can figure it out I will share my information. :s 

Best bet is to ask in the Skyrim Technical Support forum. Some actual 3d experts might reply.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay. So I used the body slides and got the skirt perfect when I realized that the skirt was only one size. So, I made 2 versions of the tartan. One for the _0 and one for the _1.

Is there any way you can modify the .esp to accommodate the scaling?

Modifying meshes, textures and animations has never been an issue for me. Modifying any programing is a totally different story and I don't know if you have any special scripting or anything in the .esp that I might erase.

• 4 weeks later...

After some time I've tried again to enable physics for the skirt I mentioned previously.

Trying to get the mesh and skeleton into Blender was getting me nowhere, so I dropped that idea and acquired a 3ds max license.

After several tutorials I've got now a skirt with lots of bones in the right places and when viewed with NifSkope it also has a similar node structure to the test skirts from this thread.

Now the last part it generating the xml-file...

I've tried to do that using the just for fun exe but the test skirts use something called "hkpConvexVerticesShape", which isn't supported.

Hacking in all those vertice coordinates and other stuff is a pain in the rear and prone to mistakes, so I really don't want to do that.

Do you know of something that could create the xml-file for me?

• 6 months later...