HDT Test Skirts

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like to use these skirts, but like many before me, I am a CBBE user.

It would be awesome if they were body slide compatible, though I understand not being knowledgeable to do so, I myself am not.

Someone else here recommended that we use body slide with the CBBE bodies to replicate the UNPB body in shape so that it will work. I am totally willing to do so, especially since I use the high poly hdt stock clothing replacement which uses body slide.

My only issue is for this idea to work, does anyone know the settings in body slide to do such a thing?

What setting do you set the CBBE body to in order to replicate the UNPB body?

• 1 month later...

In trying to make a conversion to CBBE, equipping the items causes an immediate CTD. Thoughts on why?

Edit: I am under the impression that this CTD is because the skeleton for this mod is being ignored/deleted when using bodyslide. I'm not familiar enough with how to make things for bodyslide to make a slider for this.

The newer versions of Bodyslide should be able to export the skirt mesh while keeping the physics bones untouched. I was able to do so with no problems simply adjusting the mesh to fit another body in Outfit Studio then exporting with my preset, though it did cause extreme clipping on the butt that needed to be fixed.

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to suggest something: I think they need more weight to be added to them so they won't fly as if they were paper-thin   :D

Yeah, that's a thing: is there a way to tweak it to had more weight or something ? Or is this something wrong with our setup ? The skirt physics works really well, but it's really floating and it feels pretty weird. Like if it was in space or something :P

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so I'm at a loss, does this not work with the 7BUNP body? The white one is about 5 sizes to big, and the tartan one is to small. Tried changing ass size in race menu, but it doesn't fix it. If not, is there a way to get the cbbe armor replacer to work on UNP. Really don't want to have to install a different armor replacer.

Ok, so I'm at a loss, does this not work with the 7BUNP body? The white one is about 5 sizes to big, and the tartan one is to small. Tried changing ass size in race menu, but it doesn't fix it. If not, is there a way to get the cbbe armor replacer to work on UNP. Really don't want to have to install a different armor replacer.

The white one is for CBBE and the Tartan one is for UNP. Both have fixed sizes :(

I believe you can make changes through latest BodySlide  though I haven't tried. If you change them upload them ^_^

For the rest of the posts. Please note I did not make them I merely packaged them. That's all.

• 2 weeks later...

The white one is for CBBE and the Tartan one is for UNP. Both have fixed sizes :(

I believe you can make changes through latest BodySlide  though I haven't tried. If you change them upload them ^_^

For the rest of the posts. Please note I did not make them I merely packaged them. That's all.

Thank you for the clarification. also i apologize for how long it took for me to get back to you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the latest version of BodySlide, yet when I try to edit the Tartan Skirt, it keeps telling the reference shape is missing bones. If I save/export it, then try equipping it in-game, I get a CTD. Do you need any files to help load the skirt?

iirc you can't edit hdt clothing in bodyslide, since the mesh isn't fully linked to the body, but mostly to the bones required for HDT to work. Bodyslide doesn't know what to do with that.

I have the latest version of BodySlide, yet when I try to edit the Tartan Skirt, it keeps telling the reference shape is missing bones. If I save/export it, then try equipping it in-game, I get a CTD. Do you need any files to help load the skirt?

iirc you can't edit hdt clothing in bodyslide, since the mesh isn't fully linked to the body, but mostly to the bones required for HDT to work. Bodyslide doesn't know what to do with that.

Do you know if I would be able to edit it in Blender?

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know if I would be able to edit it in Blender?

Sorry for the late reply, I was away. I have no experience with Blender, but I assume that also only edits the meshes. When you save the outfit, it'll be missing the bones as well. whichever way you turn it, you'd have to re-add the bones in 3ds max, since the .esp will be looking for them when you load the save. Them not being there causes awkward stuff.

fyi: adding bones/havok physics/hdt to meshes is a fairly time-consuming process, which is why not many people bother.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...