Devious Devices - Captured Dreams Shop v4.15 - files removed

55 minutes ago, Veladarius said:

From what I was told ZAP v7 content will be integrated into DD and ZAP v7 content removed from v8 (with or without t.ara's consent I believe) and ZAP v7 will be killed and no longer available (with their permission as well). This will affect every mod that uses ZAP whether it uses DD or not. How much of this is true I don't know but I believe it to be accurate.

Make sure to get a copy of ZAP v7 and store it for later as you will need it.

Thank you, this is really unfortunate, I believe I read the right post from both mods, thanks r5e4w3q2. From what I can gather, it seems that t.ara makes many changes to ZAP that obstructs compatibility with other mods, I have seen this with ZAZ extensions the author has to totally change most if not all the keywords for their mod to make it compatible with v8 and with DD it seems development with that mod is expanding and growing more and coming in conflict with some things with ZAPv8. It's really a shame because many modders like yourself Veladarius that has spent years developing their mods only to have them break/suffer because two mod authors have decided to stop compatibility between their framework mods.  Hopefully they will reconsider and come to a solution or plan better than what they are currently doing for the sake of other modders and the community.

2 hours ago, SexyTop69 said:

Thank you, this is really unfortunate, I believe I read the right post from both mods, thanks r5e4w3q2. From what I can gather, it seems that t.ara makes many changes to ZAP that obstructs compatibility with other mods, I have seen this with ZAZ extensions the author has to totally change most if not all the keywords for their mod to make it compatible with v8 and with DD it seems development with that mod is expanding and growing more and coming in conflict with some things with ZAPv8. It's really a shame because many modders like yourself Veladarius that has spent years developing their mods only to have them break/suffer because two mod authors have decided to stop compatibility between their framework mods.  Hopefully they will reconsider and come to a solution or plan better than what they are currently doing for the sake of other modders and the community.

All t.ara did was add additional keywords, this may have had an impact on the framework but was necessary for the furniture he made. Personally I have had no issues with ZAP v8 with CD or any of the other mods I use and believe that the work that t.ara did was exceptional.

As for ZAP v8 and DD they have nothing to do with each other, the DD team wants ZAP v7 and the framework it has gone completely. In my discussion I brought up the other modders and mods and they didn't care just as Kimy didn't care what DD mods were broken with her updates. This change will ensure that any mods that use ZAP and DD will no longer work and even using DD only and ZAP only mods together will likely cause issues. This will just ensure that more and more mods are unusable especially ones that are no longer being updated but work perfectly fine. This will split the community even more between those that use ZAP and those that use DD as I believe a number of modders that use ZAP want nothing to do with DD. ZAP modders are going to have to choose between staying with ZAP v7 or go to DD (which I believe will be a huge clusterfuck and make it even more bloated than it is now). Either way it is ultimately the players that lose in all of this.

The person that I got this information from was in the discussion and was supposedly there to represent modders, I think the modders were stabbed in the back.

Hopefully they will reconsider and come to a solution or plan better than what they are currently doing for the sake of other modders and the community.

I hope so too.  I admit that as a mere user of mods (and not a modder myself) the technical details of the situation are beyond my understanding, but it is an unfortunate situation. 

When Amorous Adventures ended development I was disappointed, but at the same time the mod's main story had reached a natural conclusion and its author was ready to move on.

With CD, as good as it is now (and it is amazing) Veladarius had plans to bring it to new heights and was in the process of making our dreams a reality.

That it ends now, when its future appeared so bright, is quite shocking. 

If development is truly over, I want to convey my thanks to Vel for what we have enjoyed these past few years.  It was this mod that really got me interested in PC gaming, as crazy as that sounds, and I will never forget the day I first played through it successfully. 

I agree Vel has done a wonderful job of tying to keep up, but I have modded a little, and can understand the frustration. I hope some rest, and down time will maybe bring them to reconsider, But I don't disagree with the community loss that may be soon to happen.

Of course new user's will notice little, but those of us having followed many of these mods, and used them for a long time will feel the loss.

1 hour ago, guanglaikangyi said:

I hope so too.  I admit that as a mere user of mods (and not a modder myself) the technical details of the situation are beyond my understanding, but it is an unfortunate situation. 

When Amorous Adventures ended development I was disappointed, but at the same time the mod's main story had reached a natural conclusion and its author was ready to move on.

With CD, as good as it is now (and it is amazing) Veladarius had plans to bring it to new heights and was in the process of making our dreams a reality.

That it ends now, when its future appeared so bright, is quite shocking. 

If development is truly over, I want to convey my thanks to Vel for what we have enjoyed these past few years.  It was this mod that really got me interested in PC gaming, as crazy as that sounds, and I will never forget the day I first played through it successfully. 

When they do this ZAP v7 will be gone completely, it will be removed from the site and no longer available. Any mods that needed it will no longer be usable (and there are a lot of them).

Because I refused to update to v4 of DD with CD and stay with v3 it requires ZAP v7 (all of its assets will be removed from t.ara's ZAP v8) and I make use of the assets in v7 quite a bit as well. Because of this most all of the mods that CD relies on will no longer be available to any new players and CD would have to be updated or crippled so I chose to stand my ground on v4 and walked away. CD will not function with a combined ZAP and DD as they will be renaming all of the animations as well. While I have been told that CD could be easily converted to v4 I won't do it and I won't allow it either, if it is tried I will report it to the moderators and have it removed.

21 minutes ago, galgat said:

I agree Vel has done a wonderful job of tying to keep up, but I have modded a little, and can understand the frustration. I hope some rest, and down time will maybe bring them to reconsider, But I don't disagree with the community loss that may be soon to happen.

Of course new user's will notice little, but those of us having followed many of these mods, and used them for a long time will feel the loss.

They won't reconsider as the person I spoke with specifically wants ZAP v7 and its framework gone for good.

New users will be hit as well as there are a lot of mods that are no longer updated that work perfectly fine using ZAP v7 but all of those will be broken. This change will make a large portion of the mods out there unusable which is a shame. I am also certain that a lot of modders using ZAP v7's framework will not be happy about losing it and having to switch to DD, I know a number of modders used ZAP v7's framework to avoid DD and its complexities.

1 minute ago, Shagrath92 said:

Hi,

thank you for your amazing work. But one thing is not quiet clear: Does this sadly final version work with the current DDi or not?

There is a patch that I uploaded to the files that fixes the removal issue for most instances though I did not go through Property Slave but all of the armbinders used there are standard ones. Specifically I went through the Device Removal quest (pay to remove devices), the Embassy quest and the primary function that equips and removes armbinders and yokes. Other than Property Slave (which I did not check over) there may be other spots that use an independent script to remove an item instead of the main removal function but I changed what I could find a few versions back so hopefully it will work properly, at least until they merge ZAP into DD then it will kill a lot of scenes and quests.

19 minutes ago, Veladarius said:

When they do this ZAP v7 will be gone completely, it will be removed from the site and no longer available. Any mods that needed it will no longer be usable (and there are a lot of them).

Because I refused to update to v4 of DD with CD and stay with v3 it requires ZAP v7 (all of its assets will be removed from t.ara's ZAP v8) and I make use of the assets in v7 quite a bit as well. Because of this most all of the mods that CD relies on will no longer be available to any new players and CD would have to be updated or crippled so I chose to stand my ground on v4 and walked away. CD will not function with a combined ZAP and DD as they will be renaming all of the animations as well. While I have been told that CD could be easily converted to v4 I won't do it and I won't allow it either, if it is tried I will report it to the moderators and have it removed.

They won't reconsider as the person I spoke with specifically wants ZAP v7 and its framework gone for good.

New users will be hit as well as there are a lot of mods that are no longer updated that work perfectly fine using ZAP v7 but all of those will be broken. This change will make a large portion of the mods out there unusable which is a shame. I am also certain that a lot of modders using ZAP v7's framework will not be happy about losing it and having to switch to DD, I know a number of modders used ZAP v7's framework to avoid DD and its complexities.

I did not know it was that bad, but I saw it coming way back when some mod's started to have trouble with the newer release's in DDI.  When a backbone mod corrupts mods that have used it, and trusted that it would hold backward compatibility so there mod would continue to work ( as sexlab did a truly good job of this ).  I find this a true shame.

Min was always so cautious about this, I find it troubling that he has lost that caution.

24 minutes ago, galgat said:

I did not know it was that bad, but I saw it coming way back when some mod's started to have trouble with the newer release's in DDI.  When a backbone mod corrupts mods that have used it, and trusted that it would hold backward compatibility so there mod would continue to work ( as sexlab did a truly good job of this ).  I find this a true shame.

Min was always so cautious about this, I find it troubling that he has lost that caution.

i actually messaged Min to see what was happening, and it seems he has not been online since may, there may be a function to turn that off for the public idk, but it seems he has not been around, and now even in the DDI file page, it states him as a founder (i haven't been paying attention so that may not be new), which i'm assuming means he is no longer there???  i'm not sure if he is even aware of what is happening 

I was so happy that you recently started again. ?

I hate to see you go. But it was fun working on this with you and I understand what you mean.

While Cursed Loot was originally my idea. CDS is still my favourite mod.

Best of luck Vel,

Laura ❤️

Velar my friend, I want to thank you for all the enjoyment I had out of this mod, it was one of the first I downloaded when I discovered LL way back when.

All good thiings must end sometime but it doesn't stop me playing your mod as I have decided to reinstall Skyrim on my laptop and then install all the mods from before DD4 so that I can revisit old favourites that aren't compatible. I have always kept backup copies of all DD related mods, it's just a matter of remembering which versions . ?

9 hours ago, Veladarius said:

From what I was told ZAP v7 content will be integrated into DD and ZAP v7 content removed from v8 (with or without t.ara's consent I believe) and ZAP v7 will be killed and no longer available (with their permission as well). This will affect every mod that uses ZAP whether it uses DD or not. How much of this is true I don't know but I believe it to be accurate.

Make sure to get a copy of ZAP v7 and store it for later as you will need it.

I believe you are overthinking this, and slightly misinterpreting the aim of the change. The source of your information is also unreliable, as it comes from a participant's report. We do not know what was told, just what one individual reported to you, or rather what you understood of it. Basically, you are the man who saw the man who saw a bear. Maybe the bear isn't even real.

Firstly, there is absolutely no reason to remove a legacy framework from the website. That would not only be stupid, but ridiculous. I fully expect ZAP v7 to remain available on the website.

Second point is about the ZAP assets who will get integrated into DD. That's fine too, DD wants to create a framework replacing the aging and unmaintained ZAP (we do need that). Having the ZAP assets available directly from DD doesn't mean that the ZAP framework itself will get removed.

Please do not jump to conclusions too hastily. That being said, I would be the first to call bullshit if ZAPv7 does effectively get removed or becomes unavailable.

40 minutes ago, bicobus said:

I believe you are overthinking this, and slightly misinterpreting the aim of the change. The source of your information is also unreliable, as it comes from a participant's report. We do not know what was told, just what one individual reported to you, or rather what you understood of it. Basically, you are the man who saw the man who saw a bear. Maybe the bear isn't even real.

Firstly, there is absolutely no reason to remove a legacy framework from the website. That would not only be stupid, but ridiculous. I fully expect ZAP v7 to remain available on the website.

Second point is about the ZAP assets who will get integrated into DD. That's fine too, DD wants to create a framework replacing the aging and unmaintained ZAP (we do need that). Having the ZAP assets available directly from DD doesn't mean that the ZAP framework itself will get removed.

Please do not jump to conclusions too hastily. That being said, I would be the first to call bullshit if ZAPv7 does effectively get removed or becomes unavailable.

Who better to get the information from than someone directly involved? I probably would have been invited except for my bad relationship with Kimy as the person who told me all the information was part of my development team and has been subtly pushing me to update to v4 for some time now. The other participants being Kimy and either Xaz or Zaz (don't remember which but gave their approval for all this) and another modder whom I won't name. The person who told me this told me SPECIFICALLY what they intended to do and that he was all for ZAP going away. They also said that ZAP v7 itself will go away as well. I did not jump to conclusions, these were things told to me directly by a person involved. After I was told they pushed harder for me to update to v4 but I said no and that I would stop development. Kimy and others associated with her don't want the ZAP framework around because it interferes with DD (which is even more true with the removal of ZAP keywords from DD devices). If there is enough demand for it ZAP v7 may not get removed and I hope it doesn't but I am not holding my breath on it.

@Veladarius, @bicobus

There seems to be a slight miscommunication somewhere along the way. 

ZAP 7.0 will stay as is untouched There are many mods still using the framework and it is functional

Most of the Assets from ZAP 7.0 will be integrated into DD Framework.

These assets will have their own naming conventions and texture paths. 

The wearable stuff will be integrated into DDi 

The furniture will be a separate new module I heard called DDc ( I heard the team isworking on its own furniture framework)

The main idea was to give mod authors a chance to use the assets from ZAP 7.0 with DD's Framework.

and theintention is to slowly phase out the use of ZAP's Framework (Since the code while functional is outdated )

However ZAP 7.0 will remain for the legacy mods that still use its code and for mod authors who dont wish to use DD's Framework. 

Cheers 

1 hour ago, jigwigigx said:

Velar my friend, I want to thank you for all the enjoyment I had out of this mod, it was one of the first I downloaded when I discovered LL way back when.

All good thiings must end sometime but it doesn't stop me playing your mod as I have decided to reinstall Skyrim on my laptop and then install all the mods from before DD4 so that I can revisit old favourites that aren't compatible. I have always kept backup copies of all DD related mods, it's just a matter of remembering which versions . ?

If you need the last versions of v3 let me know and I can tell you what the last versions were get them for you if need be.

1 minute ago, ZaZ said:

@Veladarius, @bicobus

There seems to be a slight miscommunication somewhere along the way. 

ZAP 7.0 will stay as is untouched There are many mods still using the framework and it is functional

Most of the Assets from ZAP 7.0 will be integrated into DD Framework.

These assets will have their own naming conventions and texture paths. 

The wearable stuff will be integrated into DDi 

The furniture will be a separate new module I heard called DDc ( I heard the team isworking on its own furniture framework)

The main idea was to give mod authors a chance to use the assets from ZAP 7.0 with DD's Framework.

and theintention is to slowly phase out the use of ZAP's Framework (Since the code while functional is outdated )

However ZAP 7.0 will remain for the legacy mods that still use its code and for mod authors who dont wish to use DD's Framework. 

Cheers 

Glad my source was wrong on this as I would hate to see it go away. I was told that the furniture and all of the animations would be taken into DD and ZAP would be killed off.

This does not change my decision to end things though, I am tired of all this.

Damn... Just read through the stuff above that you are stopping development :( Sad to read, but I understand.

You did phenomenal work, absolutely love your mod! To bad it has to end this way, but that's the way of things I guess...

Good luck and happiness to you for the future!

11 minutes ago, Veladarius said:

Glad my source was wrong on this as I would hate to see it go away. I was told that the furniture and all of the animations would be taken into DD and ZAP would be killed off.

This does not change my decision to end things though, I am tired of all this.

Well, you your not wrong in a sense. 

By integrating ZAP's 7.0 Assets into DD . This would offer mod authors to use the ZAP's Stuff with DD's Framework.

Giving Mod Authors better options for code and possibly slowly phasing out use of ZAP 7.0 as a framework.

But those mod authors who want to use ZAP 7.0 can do so since its functional. 

Cheers

It is truely a shame to see this mod stopped by the current kerfuffle around the framework mods. I have used this mod from very early days and it was a major driver for me playing with mods and expanding my skyrim. I cannot put into words how sad I feel that this mod of all mods is now being blocked by changes to frameworks which were implimented to ensure mods could have longevity and compatability.  I appreciate the community must look to the future and the chance of wonderful new additions but surely not at the cost of losing one or more of the best mods every created for skyrim. Frameworks should be expanded upon to allow new features (if possible) rather than removed due to what in my opinion seems to be a fruitless battle of wills between DD and ZAP8. Nobody will win if they continue as they are and all will lose if it splits into a use one or the other but not both senario.   I feel at the moment as if the Modders (who we love for all their content and efforts) are so distracted by this they are missing what we the lowly players of the mods are wanting/needing..  Yes a great new shiny mod with all the whistles and bells would be nice but not at the expence of the mods we love and have used for so long they feel like part of the game now. 

Sorry.  wall of text moment for me there but I cannot believe even now the LL community has come to this point where one of the greatest mods on the site is being lost over this.

I will keep a legacy set of mods just so I can reload and keep this mod alive for myself and hope this all gets resolved.

To Vel I will say a heartfelt thankyou for the mod and all the efforts you put in to make it so great. I hope this gets resolved and this is not the end.. 

2 minutes ago, ZaZ said:

Well, you your not wrong in a sense. 

By integrating ZAP's 7.0 Assets into DD . This would offer mod authors to use the ZAP's Stuff with DD's Framework.

Giving Mod Authors better options for code and possibly slowly phasing out use of ZAP 7.0 as a framework.

But those mod authors who want to use ZAP 7.0 can do so since its functional. 

Cheers

My main reason for not wanting to see it killed off is that there are a lot of mods no longer being updated that would be dead and there are a lot of mod authors using ZAP that don't want anything to do with DD. 90% of the adult mods I use require ZAP, some are still being developed and some are not but work perfectly well. Yes the ZAP framework could use updating so it would work better and clash with DD less but I don't use the framework myself just the assets.

6 minutes ago, steelmagpie said:

It is truely a shame to see this mod stopped by the current kerfuffle around the framework mods. I have used this mod from very early days and it was a major driver for me playing with mods and expanding my skyrim. I cannot put into words how sad I feel that this mod of all mods is now being blocked by changes to frameworks which were implimented to ensure mods could have longevity and compatability.  I appreciate the community must look to the future and the chance of wonderful new additions but surely not at the cost of losing one or more of the best mods every created for skyrim. Frameworks should be expanded upon to allow new features (if possible) rather than removed due to what in my opinion seems to be a fruitless battle of wills between DD and ZAP8. Nobody will win if they continue as they are and all will lose if it splits into a use one or the other but not both senario.   I feel at the moment as if the Modders (who we love for all their content and efforts) are so distracted by this they are missing what we the lowly players of the mods are wanting/needing..  Yes a great new shiny mod with all the whistles and bells would be nice but not at the expence of the mods we love and have used for so long they feel like part of the game now. 

Sorry.  wall of text moment for me there but I cannot believe even now the LL community has come to this point where one of the greatest mods on the site is being lost over this.

I will keep a legacy set of mods just so I can reload and keep this mod alive for myself and hope this all gets resolved.

To Vel I will say a heartfelt thankyou for the mod and all the efforts you put in to make it so great. I hope this gets resolved and this is not the end.. 

I am sorry to end it but other than a handful of days I have not touched it at all this year, for a long time I did not even use it when playing Skyrim. I have been working on this mod for 5 years and had help from a lot of modders most of whom have left. There was a lot I wanted to do but my mental condition drains all of my desire to work on CD (or other things) and I have days that just typing is a challenge and my doctor does not think it will go away and meds can't control it. Then things like this set me off and it severely stresses me out a long time. At the rate things were going I was likely not going to finish the next release anyway so it is best to just call it instead of making everyone wait for a release that will likely never come out.

10 minutes ago, Veladarius said:

I am sorry to end it but other than a handful of days I have not touched it at all this year, for a long time I did not even use it when playing Skyrim. I have been working on this mod for 5 years and had help from a lot of modders most of whom have left. There was a lot I wanted to do but my mental condition drains all of my desire to work on CD (or other things) and I have days that just typing is a challenge and my doctor does not think it will go away and meds can't control it. Then things like this set me off and it severely stresses me out a long time. At the rate things were going I was likely not going to finish the next release anyway so it is best to just call it instead of making everyone wait for a release that will likely never come out.

Your health and well being comes before all else. BP is a really misunderstood and often dismissed condition. However you have a lot of friends and well wishers here who want only the best for you. If that means less stress then that is the way it goes. Take care of yourself and accept my best wishes for your future and I am sure everyone elses too as you have given us so much over the years. Find a way to enjoy life and hold on to it with all your heart..     Take care..

29 minutes ago, Veladarius said:

My main reason for not wanting to see it killed off is that there are a lot of mods no longer being updated that would be dead and there are a lot of mod authors using ZAP that don't want anything to do with DD. 90% of the adult mods I use require ZAP, some are still being developed and some are not but work perfectly well. Yes the ZAP framework could use updating so it would work better and clash with DD less but I don't use the framework myself just the assets.

Don't worry about it too much, just take care of your health.

I wasn't even present when things happened as they did ....... I still don't know half the story.  But it should be resolved now. 

ZAP assets were pretty much free to use right from the start...... and I'm pretty lax with permissions. With the current integration plan it should be fine. 

Cheers