You can hide head model if you set the clipping distance value just right and set the camera position to around -20 / 0 / 0, then head will be clipped and your camera will be exactly in the middle of where character head is.

Hmm multiple profiles sounds pretty good, maybe I will rewrite all in 1.0 to make the configuration a little bit more understandable and morph between configurations, example would be standing profile, running profile, sprinting profile, sneaking profile, combat profile etc. and also custom profiles to switch to.

Also more on the rotation thing: I calculate head rotation so that I take absolute rotation of head and subtract the player looking direction, then I have the rotation that comes from head, after that I add the rotation that comes from normal view (so you can look around as well). If head rotation is turned off then that step is skipped. If somehow I could make the head rotation a little bit less, basically head rotation *= 0.5 only get half rotation from head, that would solve the insane bobbing and those things. It might look a bit silly though. Not sure how to divide rotation matrix like that :P

Reducing the shaky-cam would be pretty great, as I cannot currently play with head rotation on, like, at all. At least, not while doing anything other than standing still. ;)

I am still truly amazed at this mod and will follow it closely while it updates.

One other question, if I may: Am I not supposed to be able to see my weapon? I mean, I think it's there, but it (and a shield, if I have one) are so close to the camera that they aren't visible most times, and if I parry, they are super close to my face which seems wrong. Is this a matter of camera adjustment?

No, it's because nearby objects are not drawn by the game by default, you can change this with the clipping distance setting in MCM menu. Setting this value low will draw all nearby objects, setting high will not draw nearby objects. The catch is that if you set it very low then mountains in the distance will start flickering, so try to find a value that works best for you. You can also toggle this near distance drawing with a hotkey, best for if you use sex mods or other things that makes you see stuff very close.

Oh, thank you! I played with the near/far clipping but clearly not enough... I didn't quite understand what it did before. I will mess with this!

Edit

So I can see my sword when it's brought up near my face, such as in a parry, but it's REAL close and so looks a bit off. I also tried, in near-view, to set the number real large, but I still see my character's hair if I look up or to either side. I guess the head actually isn't moving with the camera? Maybe I'm still doing something wrong.

Edit2:

Ok I was totally wrong on changing the clipping. When I said I was setting the number 'real large', I hadn't even begun to set the number real large. I've managed to mostly make the hair go away and still see my sword when it swings by or when I bring it up to block (though it still seems close). It's not perfect, but still more immersive than Bethesda's first-person view by a country mile. ;)

I just ran across this thread, and wanted to say THANK YOU!   I have been trying to get JoP to work and like others, no luck, so finally gave up.    I will be trying this as soon as I get a chance!

If this works like I am reading, it will be one of my two dream mods for Skyrim.  :)

Hey guys,

I must say this mod has huge potential for what I have been waiting since the release of Skyrim. Helmet view. Here are some screenshots I made with v0.6. Still it isn't perfect and it is not playable, also each helmet needs camera adjustments but it is a start.

The mod itself right now is not playable with, even less if you have custom animation like idle animation and 360 walking and stuff like that. But for screenshots and maybe in combination with sex mods (can't test them as my old pc loads scripts really slow) it is great.

Fov settings I used :

Near fov

Horizontal : 80

Vertical : 80

Back/front : 0 (adjustments for each helmet needed)

Up/down : 5 (adjustments for each helmet needed)

Rotation limit : 25

This is he helmet I made most of screenshots :

post-43946-0-60948400-1387220200_thumb.png

The rest of the images:

post-43946-0-45743100-1387220185_thumb.pngpost-43946-0-42161900-1387220192_thumb.pngpost-43946-0-88714600-1387220194_thumb.pngpost-43946-0-84428600-1387220186_thumb.pngpost-43946-0-98965300-1387220188_thumb.png

Not playable even when disabling head rotation? Then it's almost exactly like joy of perspective.

I finally tested what some of you said about camera looking in wrong direction when head rotation is disabled (during sex for example), the problem here is that the restricting camera angle uses player rotation and some of the animations place the player backwards, so that skyrim thinks that your player is facing west but in the animation your player is facing east. Not sure how to fix this right now.

Looking really nice so far!

Couple of things I've noticed:

When using the first person view, some environment effects speed up for some reason. For example some forms of fog in dungeons, their texture just scrolls up/down way too fast. Same with the pollen I guess it is in some parts of the world. Instead of floating around gracefully in the air, they speed straight up.

Leaving the first person view and return to normal view modes seems to leave the near view mode on for the normal modes afterwards. I get all that flickering in the distance after using the first person mode.

I noticed that particle effect thing too, no idea how to fix this or what causes it, really annoying in falmer places or when there is snow because they always have some kind of particles floating in the air.

I wrote that it should return the near distance to original value if you leave the view, probably wrote it wrong then. This can happen perhaps if you load a game while in the first person view, I'll make an adjustment for that.

Next update will have configuration profiles and will be fixed some animations where you aren't in first person view (starting alchemy). Still trying to think how best to make profiles. Any suggestions? Now I thought I would make 10 profiles and add hotkeys to switch to certain profile and also options to automatically use a profile when doing something, like use profile 4 for sneaking and profile 8 for combat etc. Each profile can change all options of a camera and also option to fade between profiles. So that when profile 5 ends we will fade to next profile in 0.5 seconds (also configurable).

Would really like to have an option to scale the rotation from head, so that configurable:
Apply up down rotation from head 30%
Apply left right rotation from head 50%
Apply tilt from head 10%

That way everyone could make the bobbing however they want. But it's some complicated math. :s  If anyone can help let me know.

The profile system could be awesome, as it seems that different postures require different settings. For instance, aiming a bow is super twitchy with IFP active, but I hate switching manually all the time as that kills the immersion I am trying to achieve.

I wish I had some idea how all that math works with head movements so I could help, but I find this stuff pretty mystifying.

I noticed that particle effect thing too, no idea how to fix this or what causes it, really annoying in falmer places or when there is snow because they always have some kind of particles floating in the air.

I wrote that it should return the near distance to original value if you leave the view, probably wrote it wrong then. This can happen perhaps if you load a game while in the first person view, I'll make an adjustment for that.

Next update will have configuration profiles and will be fixed some animations where you aren't in first person view (starting alchemy). Still trying to think how best to make profiles. Any suggestions? Now I thought I would make 10 profiles and add hotkeys to switch to certain profile and also options to automatically use a profile when doing something, like use profile 4 for sneaking and profile 8 for combat etc. Each profile can change all options of a camera and also option to fade between profiles. So that when profile 5 ends we will fade to next profile in 0.5 seconds (also configurable).

Would really like to have an option to scale the rotation from head, so that configurable:

Apply up down rotation from head 30%

Apply left right rotation from head 50%

Apply tilt from head 10%

That way everyone could make the bobbing however they want. But it's some complicated math. :s  If anyone can help let me know.

Would be very difficult to smooth out the head bobbing.

You would have to capture head movement speed over a set time while checking for key or control inputs also, I imagine people will still want quick movement while looking around, then try to force it under the set speed when not being moved via controller.

In short a total ballache to do.

I find checking the no head rotation box smooths it out just nicely while walking and in general, still get a little movement while moving so it is still immersive enough for me.

I only ever enable during the use of Sexlab (with the toggle hotkey) as some of the animations seem to have the camera on back to front.

Thought about the head issue as well, anyone want to make a completely invisible helmet, they kind that removes the head mesh like the ebony one for example?

You could have it equip while in immersive view, as an option of course.

Multiple profiles sounds good, for things like horse riding and combat etc. I would hope that 10 to choose from would be enough.

I find it very impressive, especially since "The Joy of Perspective" is in development pretty much since Skyrim was released, and still has some issues they have a hard time to fix (I don't intend to badmouth TJOP, it's very well done). It seems like this mod was only recently released and is already working so well, has horseriding working and even custom animations covered. Kudos to you!

It's not difficult to smooth, it's just one calculation in math. Then it would be something between the no head rotation and full rotation - try to imagine rotation but with less movement. I just don't know how to calculate it. :D

Smoothing the head bobbing would be super awesome.

Its the only thing that's preventing me from using it more often... as its pretty stomach churning to run in 1st with that amount of head movement.

Keep up the great work and thanks for the really cool mod.

Good god...this does make SSL into a whole new experience...

Great mod, a much simpler method of achieving what TJoP is trying to offer.

So far, the one problem that puzzles me is I see this ring of shadow around me, especially on a bright sunny day such as the one in the pic. I'm not sure if its that near/far fov setting doing its thing since I run on far to avoid seeing my face when looking at the sides. I'll test it again and report if its still there when I exit IFPV.

42124.jpg

@Pavaux, try to set the distance setting in MCM menu higher, see if it fixes, I didn't test beast races when making the mod so it is possible that I have made an error as well. I really need to make some more options for adjust camera position regarding head, I had some problems as well with certain animations.

Whoa, sorry for the slow respond. It seems switching to far mode fixes the visible jaw, only at the expense of not seeing my helmet (still not a negative) The near view mode seems obsolete to far view mode to my character as it makes the jaw visible.

@EvilG, Unfortunately the mod doesn`t work by me. It isn´t even in my MCM menu. Has anyone an idea about the problem?

Did you install it manually or by using NMM?

I had to load a previous save (back at helgen I believe  :)) and wait for the "MCM: 1 unregistered menu" to appear on the top of the screen.

And on a positive note, THIS MOD IS AMERZERN!

Ermahgerd+.+Derp+Don+t+be+a+skipper_cac9

Is there a bug or something with this that accelerates dust and other particles like leaves & grass floating down the screen to fly around really really fast. Or if it's not faster it certainly generates noticeable excessive amounts? At first I thought my GPU was overheating and causing artifacts :s but fortunately it wasn't when I played closer inspection! I'd think I'd have to make a video of this if nobody knew what I was talking about...

Toggling this mod off in MCM causes everything to run as normal in the normal viewing modes. Fantastic mod Btw!

Is there a bug or something with this that accelerates dust and other particles like leaves & grass floating down the screen to fly around really really fast. Or if it's not faster it certainly generates noticeable excessive amounts? At first I thought my GPU was overheating and causing artifacts :s but fortunately it wasn't when I played closer inspection! I'd think I'd have to make a video of this if nobody knew what I was talking about...

Toggling this mod off in MCM causes everything to run as normal in the normal viewing modes. Fantastic mod Btw!

Many people are having this problem, not sure if I have it but I'll go check now.

Good luck.

PS: Congrats h38fh2mf for author of the month!

Wierdly, a save w/a char that I had not touched in a while (no ImmersiveFP was ever used w/it) has no probs w/headbob w/cam heead rotation off.  Still some bob, but that might be from a headbob skeleton replacer we had here already b4 IFP. 

Saves w/toons that had IFP earlier version still headbob buggy, and buttons for turnin off headbob don' work for that toon at that save.  Guess mebbe I have to cleansave those w/IFP gone b4 they work . .. 

Abt cam rotation in other mods. . .   That's those mods' fault fer turnin ur toon around w/o tellin the game engine, not IFP's!   ;)    Estrus!  I'm lookin' at YOOOOO   (From a backwards angle, that is)! 

With the head rotation turned off, it's perfectly serviceable in combat as well! There's still plenty of motion to make it immersive without being vomit-inducing, and it seems to play well with Ultimate Combat's stagger mechanic... the stagger kinda adds back the motion that turning off head rotation takes away.

The only real problems for me are sneaking with weapon out, archery from stealth (standing seems fine), and picking up small objects since I have to kinda figure out where the cursor needs to be in order to actually grab them.

Still, I'd love it if I could play with head rotation on all the time, especially since it'd make the transitions into Sexlab animations much smoother. ;)

Hello,

First of all - this mod is awesome! Thank you!

I haven't noticed any problems with the particles - they seem to be working fine for me. Perhaps it's because I play on lower settings than most.

I have noticed another bug however. When I set fov in the mod to be bigger than the default one the shadows still get clipped as if the fov was default. This results in some weird, flickery shadow behaviour. One solution is to change the fov via .ini or console instead, but this changes the fov of both the mod and normal view.

I don't know what kind of control you have over the camera behaviour, but one possible solution for the bobbing / rotation problem could be remembering a set of last x head positions and rotations, and translating / rotating the camera by the average change vector.