Oblivion not saving video options

Posted (edited)

Steam version of Oblivion. Running the three Unofficial Oblivion Patches (base game, Shivering Isles, and the DLC).

The game defaults to setting the sliders for a medium-quality graphics card from 2008. However, I have a fancy-schmancy modern video card. So I cranked up all the sliders for things like tree fade distance, grass fade distance, actor fade distance, and so on.

Every time I play, the game resets those sliders back to their default position. So every time I play, I have to re-adjust those sliders back to where I want them. The options screen does not save state for these sliders. (It saves state for every other setting, it seems. Just not these specific sliders.)

Is there any way to have the game actually save these slider postitions?  https://vidmate.onl/ 

Edited by d1anna
4 hours ago, d1anna said:

Steam version of Oblivion. Running the three Unofficial Oblivion Patches (base game, Shivering Isles, and the DLC).

The game defaults to setting the sliders for a medium-quality graphics card from 2008. However, I have a fancy-schmancy modern video card. So I cranked up all the sliders for things like tree fade distance, grass fade distance, actor fade distance, and so on.

Every time I play, the game resets those sliders back to their default position. So every time I play, I have to re-adjust those sliders back to where I want them. The options screen does not save state for these sliders. (It saves state for every other setting, it seems. Just not these specific sliders.)

Is there any way to have the game actually save these slider postitions?

Oblivion.ini

should be here, in theory

C:\Users\idi2\Documents\My Games\Oblivion

Game never in C : \ program files (x86)   !!!   Often things don't work properly, like OBSE and OBSE plugins and other tools.   maybe also saving settings.

Move the game (also steam) or install the game again.

The save folder and the ini are not in C : \ program files (x86) 

Could also be an anti-virus program, it blocked my game once and the CS another time. Set the Oblivion/Bethesda folder in the ignore list of the antivirus program.

read my yellow link below