Skyrim Blender Armor conversion Tutorial {{{UPDATE}}}

Zquad1

It does seem like my skeleton was indeed dirty.

I followed your instructions, but unfortunately that still didn't fix things.

At this point, I've tampered with the blender files enough so that I'm not overly confident they can be salvaged.

I'll just start over from the beginning. I'll check back in either when it breaks again or when it ends up working.

I have to say though, you are by far the nicest and most helpful user I've come across around here. I can't thank you enough for the time and advice you've given.

Alright, I'm entirely out of ideas.

The issue persists in the entirely-redone-from-scratch files, and I've made certain to do what you wrote until the skeleton shows as in the non-dirty image. Still the same file size and vertex count, I cannot for the life of me figure out where in the process I'm getting something wrong.

Obviously I have to be doing something wrong somewhere, but I can't see it.

Why does the 1-99 weights send my armor into a seizure? I have no clue anymore.

I have to say though, you are by far the nicest and most helpful user I've come across around here. I can't thank you enough for the time and advice you've given.

Thank You... I also like to share what I have,  I have had my run-in's with mean modders too, the ones I HATE the most is though's Modders who are really arrogant & those who don't like to share.

Alright, I'm entirely out of ideas.

The issue persists in the entirely-redone-from-scratch files, and I've made certain to do what you wrote until the skeleton shows as in the non-dirty image. Still the same file size and vertex count, I cannot for the life of me figure out where in the process I'm getting something wrong.

Obviously I have to be doing something wrong somewhere, but I can't see it.

Why does the 1-99 weights send my armor into a seizure? I have no clue anymore.

ok go a head & send me the Blender files & the original .nifs  & your newly exported .nifs, if you can

Alright.

The first draugrarmorfemale_0 and draugrarmorfemale_1 are the untouched base files. They're from Caliente's skimpy armor replacer, if I recall correctly. They are not readied for Blender and have not been modified by me in any way. (At least as far as I'm aware.)

The "draugr.7z" (forum wouldn't let me upload .blend files) contains the two "finished" blender files as they were the last time I exported the nifs from them. They are the most recent attempts I have made.

The last two draugrarmorfemale_0 and draugrarmorfemale_1 are the exported final results. They have been run through Nifscope in accordance with the tutorial, and should have been completely ready for Skyrim.

Sidenote: I'm probably going to sleep and won't be able to see any responses until tomorrow.

draugrarmorfemale_0.nif

draugrarmorfemale_1.nif

draugr.7z

draugrarmorfemale_0.nif

draugrarmorfemale_1.nif

Status Update:

Started over, ran into the same problem of exploding weight sliders again but for different reasons. This time around, I only had to follow the instructions under "If the finished nif files are different sizes" and bam, now I finally got a working armor with a functional weight slider.

Still don't know what the root of the original problem was, but now I've got a functional working process so I don't think it matters anymore.

Thank you again for all the quick, patient and kind help.

I would've given up on this many times already if not for your invaluable input, and the amounts of issues you've helped me solve can't realistically be counted.

hey no problem I looked at your newly exported .nifs for a few minutes before I went to bed last night & I had noticed the files sizes were not exactly the same so I copied the NiTriShapeData from the _0 over to the _1 & the files matched perfectly & I was going to tell you about that when I got home from work today..Looks like you beat me to it that's fantastic, I am super glad you were able to figure out the issue, the main root of the issue could of been a number of things, sometimes they weed them selves out when re-doing things sometimes it's just a step missed in the conversion process I STILL miss things when I convert outfits &sometimes it takes me hours to find out what I had done wrong, most of the time it's caused by a Dirty Skeleton or I forget to weight copy a piece of an armor that was soooo small I keep missing it.

I just want to through this in here..

This is for everyone..

TIP:

Just before you do any bone weight copying select the body then Hold down the "Shift" Key & then click on ever piece of armor till everything is selected then do your bone weight copy...  doing this will speed up the weight copying process & does it all at once instead of doing each piece individually ..

• 11 months later...

11. Hit "Tab" on your key board, the Mesh should be Yellow if it's purple Press "A" until it's yellow.

12. Hit "Tab" again to be in Object Mode.

13. in the Right render Window, Bottom Panel click "UV", "Scripts", Save UV Face Layout.

Here is a stumbling block for me.

i9733674.jpg

i9733675.jpg

13.Where to click?

@ SeaHorse

Ok then once you have clicked save UV face Layout & have selected the Size of your UV map & pressed "OK"  Another window will appear asking where you would like to save your UV Map, just click cancel unless you want to use the UV Map for making textures.

then on your keyboard press F5, then click under Texture "ADD NEW" then click on the "Map Input" tab & click "UV"

Then on your keyboard Press F6, then under Texture Type click the drop-down tab & select "Image" Then under the Image Tab click "Load" then find the corresponding texture for that Mesh.

then with the UV window still up click the drop-down right next to the UVs Tab & select your image.

does that help any??

Looks like it does. If this is the correct picture of what I should get:

i9738164.jpg

So I don't need to create a UVs in case I'm not gonna create textures, right?

Still need to save UV after that? 

15. At the bottom of the screen a Save panel will pop up....Just Click "Save UV (tga)"

1.I'd like to know which of NifSkope versions I'd better to use? 1.1.0 or 1.2.0 Alpha 2 ?

For in- and out- operations.

2.Is it normal to have NiTriStrips instead of NiTriShapes when back to NifSkope?

Use 2.0.0 Pre-Alpha 4 It's what I am using now, I got it to start modding for Fall Out 4 & Works perfectly for Skyrim, it's got way better features & it even displays Glow which is really nice when creating a glow effect & be able to get a good idea what it will look like on the model before you get it into game.  the layout is pretty much the same but the display of it is soo much better.

That's right you don't need to save the UV map into a .tga unless you want to create textures. & that's a whole other topic!!  LOL...

but you still need to go through the motions. so when the save panel appears just click "Cancel" & move on to the next step.

All you should have in your .nif AFTER Exporting is:

BSShaderPPLightingProperty

NiMaterialProperty

NiTriShapeData

&

BSDismemberSkinInstance

If there is a NiTriStrips Then you need to double check your Export Settings With the one in my tutorial & make sure they match.

if it still does it, re-do the uvmap & the bone weight copy again But make sure your not clicking on any other setting durring the

process other then what I have described in my tutorial.

if your still having issues then again look very carefully at everything on your screen to make sure you hadn't accidentally clicked something you shouldn't have,

Trust me I have done this myself & it's very frustrating when you can't find the error.

"All you should have in your .nif AFTER Exporting is:

BSShaderPPLightingProperty

NiMaterialProperty

NiTriShapeData

&

BSDismemberSkinInstance"

I should've installed some plugin, for I don't have

BSShaderPPLightingProperty & NiMaterialProperty after exporting.

All I have is

a list of NiNodes under 0 NiNode header;

NiTriStripsData & BSDismemberSkinInstance under NiTriStrips headers.

Ok. Thank you for pumpering me. Gonna study your tutorials more and more. Unless I get the RESULT. For I haven't got one yet  :blush:

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again, I am so close to success. PLEASE, I need an expert's HELP !!!

It seems the weight slider doesn't work after exporting mesh from Blender in case I add more plygones by subdividing smooth. Only two weights look good: 0 and 100. Everything between looks wrong. In spite of the fact that both files (_0 and _1) are identical in size.

Archived