Skyrim Blender Armor conversion Tutorial {{{UPDATE}}}

Zquad1

Importing Skyrim nifs into and out of Blender can be a very tricky process, with many potential pitfalls.

This may not work for everything that you want to do, but if you're attempting to convert an existing armor from one body style to another, you can try the Clothing Bodytype Converter

Latest version 0.85a: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/27557-new-clothing-body-style-converter-release-candidate-v072-3-30-2014/?p=759661

Thanks man  I am very glad my tutorial is being used & understanding it for the most part that is...

That Armor actually looks really damn cool!!!

OK from looking at your files you are missing the BSDismemberskininstance, that is a MUST HAVE..  to correct that go back into Blender & do the Bone weight copy.

Also make sure you deleted the NiMaterialproperty because thats a funtion Fallout 3 uses... I think??   But not Skyrim.

Edit:

No you had the BSdimemberskininstance....   Your setting I think are off make sure your import & export settings look Exactly like mine from the tutorial pay very close attention because even the slightest overlook can cause all kinds of things to look funky.

See attachment:

NOTICE the NiNodes are different from mine to yours you Have an extra NiNode.

Still though..... go back into Blender do the bone weight copy again then export with the proper settings, & Don't forget to Import the Skeleton before Export..then Delete the BSShaderPPLightingProperty, NiSpecularProperty & the NiMaterialProperty then change the user version from 11 to 12 & user version 2 from 34 to 83 then copy over the BSlightingShaderproperty from a .nif that contains a BSLightingShaderProperty then set the texture paths. then convert the BSDismemberSkinInstance to NiSkinInstance. then add it via CK & your done.

post-74675-0-45226700-1403069712_thumb.png

Thanks for your help ! I tried to follow your advices and did all over again the bone weight copy but unfortunatly I still have an extra node compared to yours. I also tried to re-import the body all over again, following every step from this stage but the result is still the same.  Maybe you could take a look at my .blend file ? In case you could I already compiled everything I used in this file :

SprigConvBlend+TGA+NifsBackup+Readyforblender.rar

Thank you again for helping me, I couldn't have made it so far without your help ! I'm not going to give up :P I feel so close to get it work !

post-69958-0-54703500-1403082591_thumb.jpg

EDIT : So, somehow I managed to see the armor ingame (I removed the Extra NiNode in Nifscope by using "crop branch" or something)... But now there is two problems :  1) The textures were placed like sh*t   It took my body's texture instead of the armor's 2)  Even though I converted the Niskin thing, the body's still invisible...

post-69958-0-98214300-1403096228_thumb.jpg

Well at least the game recognized it :P

EDIT 2 : I think I might be able to solve it... I will post it as soon as I did !

EDIT 3 : I finally manage to get it to work perfectly without a problem. Well, that's what I would like to say but not I have no Idea how to tell SOS core to add a schlong to this armor... I'm searching but if anyone knows how to do it, let me know ;)

post-69958-0-59821900-1403101423_thumb.jpg

post-69958-0-76344300-1403101443_thumb.jpg

Edit 4 : I'VE MADE IT !! IT'S WORKING PERFECTLY !! Iiiiih I'm so happy ~~~~ !!!

post-69958-0-42129400-1403106797_thumb.jpg

post-69958-0-34064700-1403106819_thumb.jpg

post-69958-0-44670500-1403106842_thumb.jpg

post-69958-0-24489200-1403106862_thumb.jpg

Thank you ! Here's what I did : Still having no idea why I had an extra NiNode tree, I just tried a few things to delete it, "Crop Branch" apparently worked. Then as you saw, the textures were completly messed up, the reason was simple : THERE WAS NOT A F*CKING ONE correctly linked. I messed up while copying the branch containing it, I copied twice the same and forgot the change de path to locate the good files. Then, I thought that with the really specific path I entered, nobody will get the textures working on another computer. So I searched how the other .nif were made and find out they put some kind of generic path that would match on every skyrim file directory.
But there was another problem ! (I feel like a detective) The SOS core did not recognize my armor ... well it was predictible but disapointing ... So I thought about looking how they made it for Revealing armors to work with SOS. It was so simple : Just a key saying that it was a revealing kind of armor.

So I wanted to thank you again because without your tutorial it would have been impossible. And even if I ran into some problems, I learned a lot just by trying to solve them.

I decided to share this conversion, because sometimes you're looking for something so hard you didn't realized that maybe it was your job to do it :P
Here's the link if you wanna check : http://www.loverslab.com/topic/32890-spriggan-armor-for-males-wip/

Keep writing tutorials ! This one is great !

Man that's great.....  yeah I had issues like that too in the beginning with getting the textures all messed up, it is quite a learning curve for sure in-fact there is still a lot of shit I know not how to convert it's almost a never ending process if there are some thing you not sure how to convert let me know & we will brain storm on how to fix them. I am thinking of making a tutorial video but finding the time to do it is tough because I gotta.. film it, Edit it, film it again if needed do more editing, compress it, & Publish it, & that takes along time to do, I would have to devote a whole day to do it... But like I said I am seriously thinking about it.

A video tutorial would be awesome indeed ! Well actually I'm having problems for converting the rest of this set of armor... I managed to convert the boots just by following the same procedure, the gloves worked fine for both gender without anything to change, but there's a problem about the mask. First for non-beast males the mask is too low and for beast races, no matter the gender, there's just a basic circlet apearing and I have no idea why. I changed the races compatibilities in ArmorAddon, but nothing changed. I don't know where to find an argonian or a Khajiit head neither. I gotta learn how to make clothes reactiv about the schlong of SOS ( size of state) Maybe I should check what is wrote on the SOS underwear. Good luck with your video tutorial ! I look forward to it.

if your seeing a Circlet, try going into the CK & make sure your 1stPerson, Biped Image & your .GND files are correctly selected make sure that Argonian is selected in the race compatibility list.  you might have to convert the mask to fit the Argonian head But I have no idea how to convert helmets, I have tried & the results were bad if you figure it out let me know, Gloves can be really difficult I can convert hand gloves the go up to the wrist & arm gloves the go down to the wrist but Gauntlets that cross over the wrist that's where my skill ends.

if your looking for the Argonian Head I have uploaded mine do you have a .BSA unpacker? you can also find the heads in----> Data/ Meshes/ Actors/ Character/ Character Assets.   in the Skyrim-Meshes.bsa

I know alot of people will benefit from a video & it would help aid in explaining what some of the buttons when form fitting armors, & I also know this would be thee first Blender armor conversion video ever made for Skyrim......... well to my understanding that is.

so making a video is a huge under taking.

Argonian Head.7z

Well I stumbled upon a Huge Error in my conversions tonight & it trickled into my tutorials Looks like I have a Major Update coming soon... I mean this is a game changer & it will make you all who followed my tutorials a better modder.. it's nothing big but it was big enough that it was confusing everyone & causing mesh distortions in game. this is something most experienced Modders likely knows about But is either not talked about or not explained in Layman's term.

if anyone has experienced any mesh distortions or really odd effects when putting on your converted armors I Now have your fix I will make a small write up it won't be big but it might serf-ice untill I can revise my tutorial... so Please track this thread or check back often for the Next update.

It would be nice, I just experienced it and it's not pleasant at all :D  I think it's because I deleted a few faces in my last adjustements. I thought the textures could make some problems but not the mesh itself... Anyways, I'm glad you found this out, I can't wait to fix everything up !

{{{ UPDATE 2 }}}

Getting Rid of the Body Mesh from your armors in nifskope that cause Nasty Distortions & Effects.

1. After you have exported your New armor.nif from Blender open up the_0.nif & the _1.Nif & Right click on the Body Mesh (NOT the armor Mesh Just the Body) & go down to Block then Select "Remove Branch" or Press CTRL+Delete.

2. Now click on the pieces of armor  & delete the  BSShaderPPLightingProperty, NiMaterialProperty, & NiSpecularProperty “EXCEPT”  the  BSDismemberSkinInstance, & NiTriShapeData  leave these two alone.

3 Under “Block Details”  Open the NiHeader Tree, Locate under “Name”& highlight “ User Version",  Under “Value” Change the user version from 11- to 12

4.  Locate under “Name”& highlight “ User Version 2", Under “Value” Change the user version from 34- to 83

5. once that's all done, add your BSlightingShaderproperties & any NiAlphaProperties.to the pieces of armor

6. NOW!!! Here is the game changer DO NOT CONVERT the BSDismemberSkinInstance to NiSkinInstance

7. instead click on the BSDismemberSkinInstance & Under "Block details" you should see  this--->

Partition1.png

8. Notice the ">Partitions" Tab, Open it up & you should have at least 1 or more additional Partition tabs Open them all up like this---->

Partition2.png

9. Now  with your first Partions tab open click on where it says "Body Part"  & under "Value"  Double click on "BP_TORSO"

ok this next part is Extremely important I have to explain it a bit.

10. BP_TORSO is going to be replaced as a slot a Creation kit slot so when you are assigning your outfit pieces to a slot in the Creation kit.

11. The Number that will replace BP_TORSO has to match the same slot number in the creation kit here is an example Pay close attention to the details --->

Partition3.png

12. Now do the EXACT same thing to any other Partitions for that particular armor Piece.. like the SummerTime Dress I am using for this example has 2 Partition tabs like so---->

Partition4.png

& the Panties that are a separate mesh within the .Nif only has 1 partition tab like so---->

Partition5.png

13. once you have changed the BP_TORSO to a Creation Kit armor Slot Number you can now Save the .Nif

14. Now re-open the _0.Nif & _1.Nif  & "copy" the NitrishapeData from each armor piece &  "Paste Over" the _1.Nif armor pieces.

15. Then Save the _1.Nif as _0.nif & overwrite The _0.Nif when prompted. & now go into the Creation Kit & assign this outfit to the Proper Slots that you assigned in the .Nifs

NOTE: it's a good idea to open the Creation kit First & figure out what pieces of armor should be assigned to what slots before just typing in a number to overwrite the BP_TORSO.

I sure do Hope this sheds some light on fixing those blasted Mesh distortions.

Now You all can have your armors WITH OUT the Body Mesh.

Also if you experience in-game that you can see your armor but not the Body  make sure everything I just said was done correctly it could be possible you forgot to add a biped image in the creation kit or not assigned to slots in both the creation kit & the Nifs But if you continue to have issues please let me know & we will figure this out together.

I hope you all understand what I wrote.. :D

NOTE: I am very sorry But if you have already converted the BSDismemberSkinInstance to a NiSkinInstance You can't change it back once you have saved it So make sure you keep your RAW Exported .nifs or your Final Armor.Blend files from Blender other wise you will have to stick with the outfit that has the converted Niskininstance.. or re-convert the armor.

BIG NOTE: I Had ran into problems getting the Weight Slider to work after I converted some outfits & I discovered why..

The Creation kit is littered with error as we all know so to make a long story short here is what you do...

Get all the Creation kit stuff done for your outfit & after you saved & or made a new .esp exit out of the Creation kit  go into game test the armor out & if the slider isn't working just exit out of the game go back into the Creation Kit load up the .esp for your outfit then make sure the proper Biped Map Image is selected for both the armor & armor addons & if it is  thats good, Then save again & EXIT OUT of the Creation kit (Meaning Close it down) then click on the Skyrim Launcher (Not the TESV or the SKSE Launcher) BUT the Skyrim Launcher, wait till any & all steam apps are fully updated & exit out of the Launcher & now you can start the game again as you normally do.

Now your weight slider for that armor should work.

Thank you again for helping me, I couldn't have made it so far without your help ! I'm not going to give up :P I feel so close to get it work !

attachicon.gifsprigganArmor11.JPG

EDIT : So, somehow I managed to see the armor ingame (I removed the Extra NiNode in Nifscope by using "crop branch" or something)... But now there is two problems :  1) The textures were placed like sh*t   It took my body's texture instead of the armor's 2)  Even though I converted the Niskin thing, the body's still invisible...

Thank you I ran into this to night as well & I remembered you sayin you fixed that so I came back here to check it out & Bam I followed what you said & it worked for me too.... So A HUGE THANK YOU!!! goes out to you "Ghuraok:D  :cool:

NOTE: I am very sorry But if you have already converted the BSDismemberSkinInstance to a NiSkinInstance You can't change it back once you have saved it So make sure you keep your RAW Exported .nifs or your Final Armor.Blend files from Blender other wise you will have to stick with the outfit that has the converted Niskininstance.. or re-convert the armor.

Mesh Rigger can automatically convert it to a dismember instance. Just select a template that has the partitions that you want.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi...Dumb Noob question...i've been trying too import into Blender Calientes Female body as well as some shoes. I've done exactly the tutorial (as far as i know) but editing the Nif files in Nifscope and save as.

However every time i tried too import into Blender it gives me the error "Not a Nif file"  Value error: Not a Nif file. Looking at the files after editing for Blender import shows the *.nif extension. I'am using the all in one Blender at the start of this tutorial and have been double checking what i need to edit in nifscope what too edit as per the tutorial.

Sorry for the noob question but i don't understand how it can't be a nif file yet Blender says it isn't/

did you change the User versions  12 to 11 & 83 to 34??

did you delete the BSLightingShaderProperty's, & any NiAlphaProperty's   perhaps you have a NiStringsExtraData if so delete that to.

then once all that is done... save it BUT don't save over the Original

If that doesn't work Please upload your .Nif that's causing troubles & I'll have a look at it's setup.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there Zquad1 C:

ive read your tutorials and some other tutorials. Just FYI, im really new about 3d modelling, the first time i DL'ed blender and its requirements, i dont even know what i should do. But i read some other articles, also other's tutorial and know im literally able to convert some armors from another game that uses Net Immerse / Gamebryo's files. But, i cant do it the perfect way, i mean like, there's some things like weight painting, also making skeletons, rotating armors to curve when fitting to another body mesh to skyrim's body mesh ( coz shrinkwrap modifier didnt work,etc), and yeah. 

Just a suggestions tho, there's a few things i personally would like to mention about your tuts, incase someone like "me", and i mean a total newbie that was never touch anything basic about 3d modelling soffie, such as 3ds, zbrush, etc, incase they found your tuts here and yeah.. they would like to learn too c:

When i read your tutorial, the first thing is probably better to tell more things about the "Fit The Armor To The Body Section".

why? basically when i read your tutorials, or everyone's tutorial's they direct me to a blender wiki, or wikibooks, which is in my case, even if i read those, i still dont know what is this about converting. It took me some time to  make myself  understand what it is every single thing that im doing..so imo.. You should probably explain what's "Fitting" the armor to the body. Just include the definition of it , such as you can move vertices to make the armor cover the body shape,proportional edits,hiding mesh, multiple selections, subdividing vertices, etc because... a total newbie who'se never touch those 3d modelling program ever before, wouldnt even know how to do it , or they basically confused.

It took me some time to familiarize blender's interface. 

Also you should probably add that blender is in fact really-case-sensitive. any mesh didnt get selected, it doesnt get exported, or didnt get bone copied, etc, shits happens. I myself make lots of mistakes, like erasing faces before i even adding UV, which is the mesh's original textures wont even work that way. 

In my opinion, its probably best to add mats (or use existing mats from a nif files which got its NiMaterialProperty, if it has any), and work with the UV at start and add the real textures so it will display in blender, before modfying and often change the render from solid to textured. that way we can easily figured out if our mesh was fucked up along the way (accidentaly deleted vertices, etc).

It would be nice to have some explanations about adding skeletons and manually weight painting it, because bone-copying from a body mesh would cause the armor behaves strangely if it didnt get body-fitted (such as bra's, tight dress, or some tight mesh for females lol) , and i do trials and errors soo many times to figure out that i can actually delete the weight paints or delete the vertex group which makes the armor behaves strangely from each of the skeletons parts that got imported before i export the armor back to skyrim... so..

Like when there's an mesh that supposed to be solid object but when i jump , it bends... (_ _") etc

Overall, i think your tuts make a good start, easy to follow ( i love the text+pic explanations srsly), and the blender keys by Demon Hunter didnt have any pictures in it. its probably best to reupload ? c:

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

{{{ UPDATE 2 }}}

Getting Rid of the Body Mesh from your armors in nifskope that cause Nasty Distortions & Effects.

1. After you have exported your New armor.nif from Blender open up the_0.nif & the _1.Nif & Right click on the Body Mesh (NOT the armor Mesh Just the Body) & go down to Block then Select "Remove Branch" or Press CTRL+Delete.

2. Now click on the pieces of armor  & delete the  BSShaderPPLightingProperty, NiMaterialProperty, & NiSpecularProperty “EXCEPT”  the  BSDismemberSkinInstance, & NiTriShapeData  leave these two alone.

3 Under “Block Details”  Open the NiHeader Tree, Locate under “Name”& highlight “ User Version",  Under “Value” Change the user version from 11- to 12

4.  Locate under “Name”& highlight “ User Version 2", Under “Value” Change the user version from 34- to 83

5. once that's all done, add your BSlightingShaderproperties & any NiAlphaProperties.to the pieces of armor

6. NOW!!! Here is the game changer DO NOT CONVERT the BSDismemberSkinInstance to NiSkinInstance

7. instead click on the BSDismemberSkinInstance & Under "Block details" you should see  this--->

Partition1.png

8. Notice the ">Partitions" Tab, Open it up & you should have at least 1 or more additional Partition tabs Open them all up like this---->

Partition2.png

9. Now  with your first Partions tab open click on where it says "Body Part"  & under "Value"  Double click on "BP_TORSO"

ok this next part is Extremely important I have to explain it a bit.

10. BP_TORSO is going to be replaced as a slot a Creation kit slot so when you are assigning your outfit pieces to a slot in the Creation kit.

11. The Number that will replace BP_TORSO has to match the same slot number in the creation kit here is an example Pay close attention to the details --->

Partition3.png

12. Now do the EXACT same thing to any other Partitions for that particular armor Piece.. like the SummerTime Dress I am using for this example has 2 Partition tabs like so---->

Partition4.png

& the Panties that are a separate mesh within the .Nif only has 1 partition tab like so---->

Partition5.png

13. once you have changed the BP_TORSO to a Creation Kit armor Slot Number you can now Save the .Nif

14. Now re-open the _0.Nif & _1.Nif  & "copy" the NitrishapeData from each armor piece &  "Paste Over" the _1.Nif armor pieces.

15. Then Save the _1.Nif as _0.nif & overwrite The _0.Nif when prompted. & now go into the Creation Kit & assign this outfit to the Proper Slots that you assigned in the .Nifs

NOTE: it's a good idea to open the Creation kit First & figure out what pieces of armor should be assigned to what slots before just typing in a number to overwrite the BP_TORSO.

I sure do Hope this sheds some light on fixing those blasted Mesh distortions.

Now You all can have your armors WITH OUT the Body Mesh.

Also if you experience in-game that you can see your armor but not the Body  make sure everything I just said was done correctly it could be possible you forgot to add a biped image in the creation kit or not assigned to slots in both the creation kit & the Nifs But if you continue to have issues please let me know & we will figure this out together.

I hope you all understand what I wrote.. :D

BIG NOTE: I Had ran into problems getting the Weight Slider to work after I converted some outfits & I discovered why..

The Creation kit is littered with error as we all know so to make a long story short here is what you do...

Get all the Creation kit stuff done for your outfit & after you saved & or made a new .esp exit out of the Creation kit  go into game test the armor out & if the slider isn't working just exit out of the game go back into the Creation Kit load up the .esp for your outfit then make sure the proper Biped Map Image is selected for both the armor & armor addons & if it is  thats good, Then save again & EXIT OUT of the Creation kit (Meaning Close it down) then click on the Skyrim Launcher (Not the TESV or the SKSE Launcher) BUT the Skyrim Launcher, wait till any & all steam apps are fully updated & exit out of the Launcher & now you can start the game again as you normally do.

Now your weight slider for that armor should work.

I did exactly what you told me to do (except 14 & 15) but I see my armor and not the body.

I even tried to change the BP_TORSO to SBP_32_BODY but the same thing happened.

So far everything works great when I DON'T delete the body mesh.

I'm using the CHSBHC v3T body (which like 100 people only use it) does that matter in any way?

Because all the armors made for my body by modders have not deleted there body mesh...

Here's the key to that....Don't assign the armor to Slot 32 Instead assign it to say Slots 42 or 46..

Here is a CK slot reference--->

Skyrim Body parts numbers reference list;
http://wiki.tesnexus...odyparts_number

Body slots used by Bethesda
This is the list of the body parts used by Bethesda and named in the Creation Kit:
30 - head
31 - hair
32 - body (full)
33 - hands
34 - forearms
35 - amulet
36 - ring
37 - feet
38 - calves
39 - shield
40 - tail
41 - long hair
42 - circlet
43 - ears
50 - decapitated head
51 - decapitate
61 - FX01

Free body slots and reference usage
44 - face/mouth
45 - neck (like a cape, scarf, or shawl, neck-tie etc)
46 - chest primary or outergarment
47 - back (like a backpack/wings etc)
48 - misc/FX (use for anything that doesnt fit in the list)
49 - pelvis primary or outergarment
52 - pelvis secondary or undergarment
53 - leg primary or outergarment or right leg
54 - leg secondary or undergarment or leftt leg
55 - face alternate or jewelry
56 - chest secondary or undergarment
57 - shoulder
58 - arm secondary or undergarment or left arm
59 - arm primary or outergarment or right arm
60 - misc/FX (use for anything that doesnt fit in the list)

Using Slot 32 is what you want to use if you plan to keep the Body intact to the armors mesh.

Can you make a tutorial for converting boots and gloves?

That would be most appreciated!

I will admit I am not very good at this Yet but I am Working on a Video tutorial that will give  an idea as to what to do, but it's going to take me some time to do, although I have briefly explained how to form fit the armor in the video & I guess I could try to load that up so some people can get an idea as to how to do this part of my tutorial. 

I can't convert every boot & glove out there it's been very hard for me to learn how to convert gloves & Boots, Finding help in this area is darn near impossible, & those that know how to do this either doesn't want to give up the formula or are complete jerks when you ask them about it so I had to figure it out pretty much by myself...

so I will briefly try to explain How I convert some boots & Gloves..

OK When converting Boots depending on the style of boot you can either use the Body Mesh or the Feet mesh or Both.

There are several ways to convert Boots But Just FYI... I will tell ya right now I have NO idea how to convert High heels soo PLEASE don't ask...LOL

lets get started:

CONVERTING BOOTS:

Boots that go all the way up the thigh like this---> 

Large_Boots_for_Tut.jpg

can be achieved by simply converting it just like any other armor piece all you need is the Body mesh, Just bone weight it like any other piece,  just form fit the boots around the legs, no need to use the Feet mesh, & when assigning the Boots to a Slot for & in the Creation Kit Assign the Boots to Slot 37.

But when you get boot that either stop at the Ankles or Mid Calf like this--->

tumblr_mjugyzFqHk1re7muso1_500.jpg 

it's Best to use the Feet Mesh & all you need to do is Load up the Boots_0.nif into Blender, delete any & all Skeletons, then Load up the Femalefeet_0.nif mesh & then form fit the Boots around the Feet mesh , then add your UV, then add a UV image just like you do Via any other armor mesh, then delete ONLY....ONLY the Boots Vertex groups, NOT the Feet's Vertex groups, then do your Bone weight Copy, just like the Armors.

Then Import your FemaleFeet_0.nif Skeleton, just like you would for the Body. then Export it as a .Nif.

Now Save your work as a Boots.Blend file.

Now lets make the Boots_1.nif this time close out Blender & load up your Boots.Blend & this time Delete the Feet Mesh & the Skeleton & Import the FemaleFeet_1.nif, & then Follow the Exact same procedure as the Boots_0.

& once you have Exported into a .nif  just like the armors, delete the BSLightingShaderProperties, NiMaterialProperties, NiSpecularProperties, change the User versions from 11 to 12 & 34 to 83, Find a set of the original boots & copy all the BSLightingShaderproperties over from the original Mesh to the new Mesh & do the same for any NiAlphaProperties that there might be, & again Assign the Boots to Slot 37....BUT this time Leave the Feet alone don't delete the Feet.

then once you have added all the textures & assigned the proper slots save the .Nifs when your done with the boots you should have 2 .Nifs an ( _0.nif & _1.nif ) & once you have Both weights "Copy" the NiTriShapeData from the _0.Nif  & then "Paste Over" the NiTriShapeData on to the _1.nif then save it as the _0.nif & your done.

CONVERTING GLOVES:

Gloves for me are far more the hardest to convert

Gloves like this----> 

48601-2-1386536634.jpg

that cover just the hand But show the fingers.

Is what you do is Import the Glove mesh into Blender then Delete the Bones,  Import the Hand Mesh, again Delete the Bones, Form Fit the Gloves around the hand the very best you can, NOTE: this can be Extremely form fitting intense, & can cause you to want to rip your hair out.... LMAO

then add the UV, then Add the UV Image, delete the Vertex groups for ONLY the Gloves NOT the hands, then do the bone weight copy, then Import the Hand Skeleton, then Export as a .Nif.

then again follow the same procedure as the Boots. NOTE: DO NOT delete the hands from the .Nif

Now Gloves like this---->

49350-1-1390161554.jpg

that cover the whole hands & arms..... Forget it!!!! Don't even ask me I have No clue...... ALTHOUGH!!!

I have been told that if you convert this type of glove  that you import the Hands, & import the Body,form fit the hands to the fingures & form fit the rest to the arms of the Body, & when you are ready to do the Bone weight copy, do the copy to the Hands first then once that's done...  select the Body, Then select the Gloves but "NOT" the Hands & go to "Scripts Window"  then "Scripts", then "Object" then select Bone weight Copy & bump up the Quality to 3 & click "Update selected" like so---->

BWC_Update.png

& once that done I was told to delete the body but not the hands, & then import the Hand's skeleton then Export as a .Nif 

I have tried that a couple times & it always comes out looking like crap so I have avoided converting this type of glove But I did lay out a method & hopefully some of you might figure out the key & if you do Please..... PLEASE!!! teach me how to accomplish this.

this would all work like a charm if the damn hands & feet would line up to the body without having to move the main meshes because that's where the Major difficulty lies, you can't Move the main meshes especially if you plan to weight them to the gloves or boots Now you can move the Body around Just to form fit gloves or boots But only if your not going to be using the body for anything other then form fitting & once your done form fitting just delete the Body mesh...

I know there is away to do all of this But I just can't seem to talk to the right people especially ones who have patients.

anyways Guys try this out let me know how it all works out for ya.

Tough to say.

The literal meaning of that error message is that the path was not found. So, the first thing to do is check the path in the error message. Is the specified file there?

However, that is one seriously ugly path. In general, if things aren't working, simplify. Instead of saving it to that giant mess of a file path, try saving it to a folder directly on your drive, something like d:\test\7B.tga

As an aside,

the end part of your file path '\\stuff / 7B.tga' is bad. It *looks* like the result of a bad join between the folder path and the file name. Since that's an IO error, it's likely that whatever algorithm the tool was using to validate the file path crapped out. I don't really know, I don't know anything about the specific script/tool that you were using. I just know a script bug when I see it.

Anyways, try using a shorter, simpler path that only uses alphanumeric characters and see if it works.

Tough to say.

The literal meaning of that error message is that the path was not found. So, the first thing to do is check the path in the error message. Is the specified file there?

However, that is one seriously ugly path. In general, if things aren't working, simplify. Instead of saving it to that giant mess of a file path, try saving it to a folder directly on your drive, something like d:\test\7B.tga

As an aside,

the end part of your file path '\\stuff / 7B.tga' is bad. It *looks* like the result of a bad join between the folder path and the file name. Since that's an IO error, it's likely that whatever algorithm the tool was using to validate the file path crapped out. I don't really know, I don't know anything about the specific script/tool that you were using. I just know a script bug when I see it.

Anyways, try using a shorter, simpler path that only uses alphanumeric characters and see if it works.

Yeah I would concur with that I put mine right on my desktop so Its easy access, But you could try deleting the Body Mesh again & re-Import a new Body Mesh, perhaps when Importing the first mesh it caused an error.... unfortunately Blender is notorious for causing Errors.

Also make the UV on the right Yellow like the mesh to the left just scan your cursor over the UV Map & press AA, then Add a new Material.

& also make sure your settings look like mine just before you save the UV.  Like so----->

image.png

Tough to say.

As an aside,

Tough to say.

As an aside,

Yeah I would concur with that I put mine right on my desktop so Its easy access, But you could try deleting the Body Mesh again & re-Import a new Body Mesh, perhaps when Importing the first mesh it caused an error.... unfortunately Blender is notorious for causing Errors.

Also make the UV on the right Yellow like the mesh to the left just scan your cursor over the UV Map & press AA, then Add a new Material.

& also make sure your settings look like mine just before you save the UV.  Like so----->

image.png

k its working:D i must only change name in femalebody_0.nif and femalebody_1.nif ,cause  i have name:UNPO/7B and change on 7B

6jpg_eqpxrer.jpg

,if i have a problem again in blender i will post:D I am inexperienced in this type of program and I have a little trouble with the functions of such programs and the little time it takes me :Di using your tutorial zquad step by step:D oki thx for answers

Archived