I have a question, just curios.

If you gave someone a quick-n-dirty rundown on how you made such a magical plugin like this work, would it be possible for that someone to repeat those steps and make multiple cumshot animations, and assign each one per-position?

I don't know if I've understood what you're getting at - with "multiple cumshot animations" you mean adding new cumshot animations that look different? Cumshot meshes have to be created in Blender, and that's not my field of expertise. I only took wpg97541's original mesh, tweaked its position in Nifskope, and of course did the scripting to make it work with SexLab.

Personally, I'd like to see a less powerful cumshot, maybe in addition to the current one, and have the spurts react properly to gravity (if that's possible at all). But that has to be done in Blender, and I really hope that wpg97541 will return one day to take on that job. To do this myself I'd have to familiarize myself with Blender, and that's something I feel strongly reluctant to do.

It's not that I'm unwilling to try new things (in fact, I've had almost no experience with Papyrus before this). And Blender is certainly a powerful program, but I hate its UI with a passion. Most unintuitive controls I've ever seen in a 3D program. Want an example? You select things with a right click, in contrast to generally accepted conventions. Left click does some weird stuff instead - how many times did I end up moving that red-white marker! But once you're in a special selection mode, like circle or rectangle, you use the left mouse button to select stuff. Arrrrrrrgh!!!

As for how this mod works scripting-wise, it uses SexLab's hook system to catch the OrgasmStart and OrgasmEnd events and automatically equips the cumshot mesh (defined as an armor object) on the appropriate actors. If you want to get into it, take a look at my script sources.

Oh believe me, I know aaaaaalllll about Blender's unfortunate UI, and wholeheartedly agree that it's completely nerve-wracking. I still like to think I'll get a handle on it one day like I did with 3DS, but worse than that, unlike yourself, I haven't even successfully written a script of any kind yet :/

I have my doubts that the cumshots could react to gravity properly, but I had this idea where I would go through each category of animation, and create a type of cumshot for each one (for example, the several doggy-style animations could all use the same cum animation where it overflows/drips/spills from the receiving actor's orifice).

This can all be amounted to wishful thinking on my end though, I still have a TON of modding to learn to do... Animations in general would be a great start if I had the dicipline or the attention span.

While going through all animations to create custom ejaculation settings, for the first time I've experienced the "fading out" bug! This is good news, so I can finally try to hunt it down on my own.

It occurred during the "AP Boobjob" animation, only affects male NPCs who ejaculate, and only when the player character is the partner - NPC-NPC scenes are not affected. This is perfectly reproducable for me, and I've made a separate save to do further testing. Maybe other animations show this issue too, I haven't tested the other AP animations further down the list yet.

As for the root cause, it seems to be a collision issue. If I move the actors further apart with the adjust position keys, it doesn't happen. Maybe Skyrim freaks out when an actor is stuck inside the player and his 3D has to be updated because something has been equipped on him.

I have to go to work soon (yes, I work on Sundays!), and the next week will be rather busy for me, but I'll try to find a fix for this issue whenever possible. And of course, get the new version done which includes custom per-animation settings and an MCM page where you can change them.

While going through all animations to create custom ejaculation settings, for the first time I've experienced the "fading out" bug! This is good news, so I can finally try to hunt it down on my own.

That's awesome news! I hope it's a fairly easy fix, now that you can reproduce it for testing.

And I gotta tell ya, I'm looking forward to the future versions. Poor Nawari is so excited, she can barely contain herself.

post-209844-0-78053200-1385299145_thumb.jpg

Any chance of getting a cumshot "hotkey" for a future release? Something that's not necessarily automatic and tied to the orgasm stage of Sexlab? It's not a big deal, by any means, but it would be a nice option for screenshots since it can be kind of difficult getting the characters properly aligned in time, as well as timing the screenshot at the perfect arc and getting cumshots on boobjobs and partner jerkoffs. Just an idea.

Anyhow, thanks again for the work on this wonderful mod.

Thanks for this mod. It is brilliant and works but I still get crashes or freezes. I'm running a test game with only these mods in. Sadly I suffered script problems so I downloaded the latest version but still getting scripts floating about like this:

[sLCumshotConfigQuest (16005E27)].SLCumshotConfig.OnCrosshairRefChange() - "SLCumshotConfig.psc" Line 38

and mixed with LoversLab which 'ejaculates' scripting everywhere, it is a toxic script mix for my game. I can't get these mods to stop spamming my Papyrus with overloads of scripts and the game just caves in. Some people report the base layer of Aroused causes the issues. If I could just get the scripts settled down I might be able to play the mods in game.  Any ideas? I'm close to just giving up and having a non Lover's Lab game. How do you folks get these mods to behave and play them? I've got a decent PC and I'm getting nowhere.

Sadly I suffered script problems so I downloaded the latest version but still getting scripts floating about like this:

[sLCumshotConfigQuest (16005E27)].SLCumshotConfig.OnCrosshairRefChange() - "SLCumshotConfig.psc" Line 38

You're right. I had fixed most of these errors in v1.2, but I still missed another case where they could occur. They're harmless though, and won't hurt your game.

I've covered the case now, and the crosshair event shouldn't throw any errors anymore. The fix will be included in the next version which will be released in... a few hours. :)

A new update has been released: v1.3. It contains the following changes:

• Partially fixed ejaculating NPCs fading out when positioned very close to the player
  • Added another safety check for None objects in OnCrosshairRefChange. This should silence the remaining Papyrus errors from that event.
  • Defined custom ejaculation rules for several animations
  • Added a new page to the MCM menu where users can define ejaculation rules for all installed animations

You probably won't need to change anything there, unless new animations are added that don't follow the standard ejaculation rules. This might be the case in future SexLab versions, or animation addons.

Like before, you need to cleansave again if you're upgrading from an earlier version.

Notes on custom ejaculation rules:

So I've gone through all the animations included with SexLab 1.24 to decide which participants' cumshots will be visible, if they are males. This is based on whether their penis is out in the air at orgasm, and if their nethers are being physically stimulated or not. It turned out that my general rules from v1.2 still didn't work well with about 1/3 of the animations.

I have used the 4uDIK body to see if the dicks are supposed to be inside or outside. Using SOS can be misleading because automatic schlong adjustment still doesn't work correctly with the current version. However, there's light on the horizon. One of the mod's caretakers on Nexus, FelioCusland, posted last week that SOS hasn't been abandoned and that it's undergoing a heavy rewrite right now. So there's hope that the long awaited update with full SexLab compatibility is not too far away.

Notes on the fading issue:

I haven't found a fix that works perfectly, but I did something that alleviates the problem somewhat. It only seems to happen in animations where the player's and the NPC's origins are placed very close to each other. When this is the case, the SLC script will move them apart at orgasm stage. The NPC might still fade out when the camera is directly behind him, but moving the camera around should make him appear again. The distance the actors are set to can be changed in the MCM, the default 45 seems to work fine though.

This change gets remembered by SexLab, so if you want do reduce the distance again, you'll have to do it manually with the "Move forward/backward" key, or press the "Delete saved adjustments" key when the animation runs, or reset the animations registry.

Detailed explanation of the issue (for those who are interested):

Well, this whole fading crap turned out to be difficult to fix.

It seems to be very similar to what happens when you move the 3rd person camera inside an NPC during normal gameplay - the NPC fades out, and fades in again when you move the camera away. That's obviously a hardcoded engine behavior to avoid other graphical glitches, and in that state, things like disable/enable, or reloading 3D, don't change anything about it. Exactly the same as when the SLC fading bug strikes.

If you have experienced the bug yourself, have you tried zooming in all the way until you get a first person view? Surprise, the NPC is visible again! So it's definitely rooted in 3rd person cam behavior.

Also, you might have noticed that even without SL Cumshot, sometimes at the very beginning of an animation the NPC partner flickers or fades for a few seconds then comes back again. The animations affected, or affected most, are those where SexLab places the actors' origins very close together. One prime example is the AP Boobjob animation, where I discovered the issue for the first time.

In animations that are properly designed, actors are placed 100 units apart from each other. They might appear to be very close together, but that's just the animation. Their origins, and thus their collision boxes, rest at a fair distance and don't come into contact.

However, some older animations aren't set up that way. In many AP animations, the actors have to be placed very close together to align properly. In our example, the AP Boobjob, it's a mere 30 units distance, and their collision boxes overlap. Normally in cases like that, the engine tries to push the actors away from each other, but the SexLab scripts hold them firmly in position. That seems to cause some strain, and some weird effects appear.

So why do NPCs fade out at the moment the cumshot is equipped on them, and only in scenes with the player? Considering everything said above, I think that under those strained conditions, the NPC's collision hull, or bounding hull, gets blown up to huge dimensions when the cumshot is equipped, so the 3rd person camera always thinks it's inside the NPC. Maybe the player's collision gets handled differently by the engine, see that you cant move the player up/down in SexLab like you can do with NPCs.

Of course this is as much a problem with the cumshot mesh as with the engine itself. When making an NPC redress during orgasm (through Disable/Enable, or AddItem), he doesn't fade out, even though he does equip a lot of stuff then. Now I've tried to see what's wrong with the cumshot mesh. In Nifskope, I've cleared every collision flag I could find inside the .nif, but that didn't change anything. Maybe it's just the fact that the mesh is animated, I have no clue there.

Unfortunately, I had to resort to the second best solution - avoiding the collision strain by moving the actors apart at orgasm. Vanilla positioning commands don't work because SexLab keeps the actors fixed in place. I had to dig into the framework code and had to use two undocumented functions in order to adjust the positions. Let's hope these functions don't get changed or removed in future SexLab versions.

As for the plans I had with it, SexLab Cumshot v1.3 is feature complete and will most likely be the final version. However, should a future SexLab update break this mod, I'll be there. And if someone finds a better fix for the fading issue, I'll gladly incorporate it. Creating new/different cumshot animations is something I might, or might not, tackle in the (rather distant) future, but I can't promise anything.

Sadly I suffered script problems so I downloaded the latest version but still getting scripts floating about like this:

You're right. I had fixed most of these errors in v1.2, but I still missed another case where they could occur. They're harmless though, and won't hurt your game.

I've covered the case now, and the crosshair event shouldn't throw any errors anymore. The fix will be included in the next version which will be released in... a few hours. :)

Cool! Thanks for the quick update I'll give it a go. :)

welp using this for the first time...

no mcm menu popping up

tried the trouble shoot on the skyui page - nope didn't work

tried your normal save method and what not - nope as well

tried to see if it is active by testing a random male - yes, but he disappears...

using version 1.3

-_-

New MCM pages can take a long time to register, that's a general problem. Sometimes it helps when you open the MCM front page, close the menu again and wait another couple of seconds. Or save and reload.

As a general advice, try the Papyrus optimization tricks I posted here. Can't hurt anyway.

As for NPCs still fading out, for me this happens only in a small number of animations, where SexLab places the actors' origins very close together. I've fixed this to a certain extent in 1.3, but, as you can read in my release post,

The NPC might still fade out when the camera is directly behind him, but moving the camera around should make him appear again.

Maybe there are other causes for NPCs to fade out when they ejaculate. But unfortunately I can't fix issues that I can't reproduce.

You wrote that this new 1.3 version should be the final one. :)

Well, I'm here exactly to give you more "fun" and a lot of headache. :D

Considering that SexLabSquirt doesn't work for almost every user around, or that it works not so good, could you consider to add a squirt effect to females (possibly only the white gush only, from zaz), following the same rules you pointed out for males?

It should make this mod absolutely complete. ;)

Have a nice day.  :angel:

You wrote that this new 1.3 version should be the final one. :)

Well, I'm here exactly to give you more "fun" and a lot of headache. :D

Considering that SexLabSquirt doesn't work for almost every user around, or that it works not so good, could you consider to add a squirt effect to females (possibly only the white gush only, from zaz), following the same rules you pointed out for males?

It should make this mod absolutely complete. ;)

Have a nice day.  :angel:

AH! I was going to ask that very thing! The gush from zaz's would be awesome, a seconded request from me pretty please with a cookie!

-C

As for NPCs still fading out, for me this happens only in a small number of animations, where SexLab places the actors' origins very close together. I've fixed this to a certain extent in 1.3, but, as you can read in my release post,

The NPC might still fade out when the camera is directly behind him, but moving the camera around should make him appear again.

Maybe there are other causes for NPCs to fade out when they ejaculate. But unfortunately I can't fix issues that I can't reproduce.

I experienced the fade-out bug again shortly after upgrading to v1.3. I hadn't touched the default values you set for moving actors apart, and the male actor was the one doing the penetration. This was only the second time I've seen this bug occur in the entire time I've been using Cumshot, and I haven't been able to reproduce it despite several sexual encoutners and cycling through multiple animation sets. 

The first time I saw the bug, as I said earlier, was during a masturbation animation... with the second (most recent) occurance being the male actor fading out during one of the doggy style vaginal animations. In the first case, spacing shouldn't have been an issue because I was going at it solo... in the second instance, the cumshot should never have been equipped on him since his ejaculation would have been internal. Even preforming tests with the same animation with the same default spacing immediately afterwards couldn't reproduce it. I even tried to switch between SoS-Regular and SoS-Light to no discernable effect. Though I should probably mention that the Masturbation fade out happened while I was using SoS-Lite, and the most recent one happened with SoS-Regular.

Is wpg97541 still around? I wonder if he ever experience this bug when he was developing the core of the mod? Maybe it might be more fruitful to find the closest point of origin for the bug and look at what had been changed between it and previous versions? Might give some clues.

I'd prefer Cumshot not stepping into Squirt's territory, and fix up Squirt instead. Didn't someone post a fix in the other thread to make it work again with the current SexLab?

Any chance to have the final sperm tear following the penis direction in SOS? When the sex animation finish the sos penis back normal but the cum tear is not following it

19639913_2013-11-30_00005.jpg

Unless some genius finds a way to make the cumshot mesh react properly to gravity, nothing can be done about it. In some animations, for example when the character is lying on his back, the spurts fly in a totally unrealistic way - after going up, they jet off horizontally. That's the same problem, or rather limitation. For now we just have to live with it.

The first time I saw the bug, as I said earlier, was during a masturbation animation... with the second (most recent) occurance being the male actor fading out during one of the doggy style vaginal animations. In the first case, spacing shouldn't have been an issue because I was going at it solo... in the second instance, the cumshot should never have been equipped on him since his ejaculation would have been internal. Even preforming tests with the same animation with the same default spacing immediately afterwards couldn't reproduce it. I even tried to switch between SoS-Regular and SoS-Light to no discernable effect. Though I should probably mention that the Masturbation fade out happened while I was using SoS-Lite, and the most recent one happened with SoS-Regular.

Damn. So there are at least two different causes for the fading bug: one reproducible, which I've partially fixed in 1.3, and another, completely random one. At least that one doesn't seem to happen often. Btw, the first cause isn't tied to SOS, I've encountered the bug while using the 4uDIK body for testing.

I'd prefer Cumshot not stepping into Squirt's territory, and fix up Squirt instead. Didn't someone post a fix in the other thread to make it work again with the current SexLab?

For some users (really very few), the fix, a new install (clean), a strange load order and, and, and .... seems to work.

For almost every other users, it doesn't work. At least, like me into several attempts, it works once and no longer after.

Anyhow, my request was for a simplier thing.

You already have the "victim" cum option. It should be easy to change it into a female squirt.

And, possibly, using ONLY the white gush effect from Zaz. Exactly as it already works by its own in the "pillory sex animations" from Prison Overhaul (for example) or in the ZazAnimationPack framework.

If someone wishes to have the more complete gush and/or fluid effects of SexLab Squirt (and is able to have it work) ... well, there is another mod.

Hum, I'm sorry if I'm saying something already proposed/planned/rejected/done(in this last case it didn't work for me), but do you think it could be possible to add a sound at this good cumshot mod ? I really want something like this, something that even if the cumshot is in or out, you could at least hear it flowing. Well I guess you might have a lot other things to do, consider that adding a sound to your mod is an idea  that just poped in my head, the fact is that I'm searching for a long time now for something I could ear (I miss Oblivion), so if anybody heard about anything like this please tell me. 

Anyways, your mod is great and I hope you'll keep improving it !

If I may attempt to use my speechcraft here...

To be fair, slayster may have 'stepped on' Estrus Charrus' territory when he developed Squirt, and to my knowledge I don't think anyone, namely Estrus' jbezorg, batted an eyelash.

And SL Submit implemented quite a few mechanics later in it's development that SL Defeat had from the beginning, and from what I can tell a lot of people still use both of them simultaneously, probably because each modder had a different way of implementing their features.

I mean, it's your preference in the end, you have every right to decide what you want out of the mod, but... I kinda agree, it would be so freakin' incredibly awesome if you did add a gush/squirt effect, especially since that squirt fix didn't work for me & so many others :D

Anyway, my two cents. Thank you for the update, and your continued diligence :D

Yea, I second the request for the gush from zaz's :D But .. I will confirm, the fadeout is still happening, on solo masturbation and during sex as well. It happens to me every time, regular and like clock work. I'm hesitant to uninstall aft to check if its that, because I have so many patches for it and ugh.. gives me a headache to think of it. I really can't think of what it could be otherwise.. what could be affecting male npc's that makes them fade out during.. dunno.. hmm.. well I will try disabling aft so I don't have to uninstall it, gotta disable all its patches and I'll start a new game to see 

-C

I've decided to look into Squirt's scripts, maybe I can find out what's wrong there. And for those who still experience NPCs fading out, I'll take another shot at the cumshot nifs. Prepare for some test files to try out.

However, since I'm really busy these days, it can take some time. No ETA given, or promises of any kind.