[WIP] Skykids - Child races & other technical goodies - No more armor patcher! New CotS R2 Race!(6/22/15)

Having the same problem as a lot of people in this thread, and to my knowledge no one's answered yet.  CTD on startup, after the background loads but before the buttons (new game, continue, etc) show up.  All masters are present, LOOT set it in working order, and everything else looks fine. 

Does anyone at all have an answer to this, or is there no solution and the people with this problem are just out of luck?

6 hours ago, ChipyChops said:

Thanks popcorn71, the patcher works great, sorry to say though, but it works great for me playing as a child too. :)

I'm glad the patcher works for you. Just a word of caution though: it doesn't patch any race conditions that may be used by quests, magic effect, scripts, etc, so you may run into bugs playing as a child race.

On 1/21/2019 at 4:47 AM, popcorn71 said:

I'm glad the patcher works for you. Just a word of caution though: it doesn't patch any race conditions that may be used by quests, magic effect, scripts, etc, so you may run into bugs playing as a child race.

Thanks for the warning, I'm really just using it for my child replacer, don't know what it is but I just can't stand looking at the default child clones bethesda supply.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Everything seems to run fine except for the faces. The faces remain vanilla.

SkyrimVR

Using the modpack updated for Skyrim Se

Correct load order

Bodies work, but faces do not. I would say its an overwrite issue, but it's at the bottom of my load order and I have no other mods that would mess with kid npcs.

What would be the main causes of the faces remaining vanilla while the bodies change? There's no way for anything else to overwrite the faces provided in the mod.

edit: i got all the mods necessary to make this work, got them installed and activated with mods organizer, sorted out load order with loot.

skyrim lauches properly, everything looks like it should work.

However, when i get to character creation i can't select any of the new races (yes, i have installed the playable skykids folder).

Anyone has any insight on this ?

On 8/5/2018 at 5:12 PM, NinjaNinja18 said:

It's because the SKSE plugin that controls the armors and clothes has not been updated for the new version of SKSE for Skyrim SE and VR.  We need someone who knows how to recompile the dll to fix this. 

Is the source for the dll floating around somewhere? 

• 3 weeks later...

I have had an on going problem for a while and I'm out of ideas as to why.

Posting from my phone so can't give a load order currently.

What is happening is Child Males have Human Female Heads and Child Females (Except Nord, Drow, Monli, and maybe Orc) have Adult Female heads.

I've tried Reinstalling via NMM, and manual installing them, same problem.

I tried turning off ALL Mods except armor/weapon mods, same problem.

I tried uninstalling RaceMenu, same problem.

I tried overwriting with RCOTS (which does work properly, deactivated currently)  face gen files and head meshes.  Same Problem.

Only 2 things I can think to try at this point is reinstalling SKSE and that something in RCOTS has overwritten something that's causing the issue.

Pretty sure I've done something wrong, but every fix I've seen for the same problem or similar hasn't worked.

Any ideas?????????

OH... the plot thickens. Pulled up SkyKids, and SK Child Replacer in Creations kit... guess what. Something is wrong... with the textures. "/FemaleArgonian.nif is MISSING a facegen tint mask and facegen detail map"

Also getting an error pop up that says "/FemaleHeadDirt_01.dds is not the correct expected dimensions of 256x256. Please resize the texture to match those dimensions." Now I know for a fact that these have never displayed on my Child characters.

Is it possible my entire issue is related to textures? Cause I noticed with the 1st thing I listed when trying to look at the child heads it displays NOTHING. Then with the second issue the child I pulled up and tried to render ends up with an adult head.

• 4 months later...

I apologise if this was covered before.

My PC has reached Windhelm and none of the minor quests start up. So Sadri is not talking to you about Viola's ring, all the dock workers are talking, but the quest dialogues don't show up. Haven't gone deeper but I suspect I willo have issues with Blood on the Ice as well.

I've only played two child races other than Skykids, the first was Rcots and the other was RS Children. Rcots didn't have this issue far as I remember but it was probably the only issue it did not have. RS children also faced this problem at one point, and I didn't progress deep enough into the game. Blood on the Ice also did not start at the time, so I assume it was a set of speech checks and race checks that was the problem.

I do have RaceCompatibility installed - but I don't think that fixes the speech checks. I cannot locate the linked file in the OP (Racial Compatibility) and Google-fu turned up some results that probably weren't right.

Any help will be appreciated!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Does anyone know how the armor swapper actually works? If possible, I would like to do something similar for a mod I'm working on.

I'm working on a custom race that, in a manner similar to child races, is inherently incompatible with all vanilla armors. Currently I have done the simple thing and made it so that you have to craft new custom armor if you want armor that is not invisible on the custom race but it would be a lot better if the player could simply equip vanilla armor and have it show up as a different mesh that is compatible with the custom race.

15 hours ago, thevehicle said:

Does anyone know how the armor swapper actually works? If possible, I would like to do something similar for a mod I'm working on.

I'm working on a custom race that, in a manner similar to child races, is inherently incompatible with all vanilla armors. Currently I have done the simple thing and made it so that you have to craft new custom armor if you want armor that is not invisible on the custom race but it would be a lot better if the player could simply equip vanilla armor and have it show up as a different mesh that is compatible with the custom race.

Look at how I did it (with a 3rd-party dependency) in Shortstack pack:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/27/2017 at 11:15 AM, Ninaran said:

So this mod works with the Special Edition, however my character is always in underwear ("Sky Children"), even with equipped armor. That is not really what I wanted, and kind of immersion breaking. Does anyone have an idea what might have caused this and how to make armor show up? I assume it might have something to do with the new armor injector resizer thing (sorry, I have no idea how those things work :s, excuse my ignorance) not being compatible with the alpha SKSE 2.0.5.

I used the Nexus Mod Manager to install Skykids and RaceCompatibility and am using the most recent SKSE 2.0.4.

Load Order:

Hide contents

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp

RaceCompatibility.esm

Skykids.esm

SK Drow Child Race.esm

SK Monli Race.esm

SK Children of the Sky.esm

SK Drow Taldyn.esp

SK Vanilla Child Replacer DB.esp

SK Vanilla Child Replacer HF.esp

SK Vanilla Child Replacer.esp

SK Playable Kids.esp

RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp

Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

The armor is not displayed, what's even worse is that helmets even remove parts of the hair and gives the character a bald spot.

Hey did you find a way to fix this? Currently having the same issue.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...