[WIP] Skykids - Child races & other technical goodies - No more armor patcher! New CotS R2 Race!(6/22/15)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have the replacer's previews by any chance?

The ones in the main description are all gone and I'd rather not install everything only to find out I'm not a huge fan.

Some of the kids in the alt pack look alright, but again, all of its previews are busted, too.

I'm really just trying to find replacers for a handful I don't like from other overhauls, so those pics would be massively helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all!

So I recently installed Skyrim and I installed Better vampires as  one of my main mods.

But it seems that the better vampires script is NOT working with the Skykids race. Vampirism DOES, but Better Vampires does not.

I know I used to have a working Better Vampires with the skykids race. Has anyone figured out how to get this to work?

I think I have tried almost everything with Race Compatibility and Better Vampires and its not working. 

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anyone here who knows how the SKSE plugin works, like, on a technical level? There is a compatibility issue with another mod that I'm 99% certain is due to the SKSE armor swap, but I'm utterly clueless as to how to go about fixing it, or if it is even fixable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2016 at 4:38 PM, Pandafish said:

Mod is working great and is an insane improvement over Bethesda's tater tots, so let me start by saying thank you. But I got a problem with the "Interesting NPC's" skykids replacer mod (SK-3DNPC) http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58016/?.

Olette is using an adult female face shape although the texture might be the correct one.

post-1391-0-98453100-1478878597_thumb.jpg

If I try to edit it in anyway in the CK, the esp shits itself and Olette turns into the original "Interesting NPC's" potato child. I can't really find any conflicts in Mod Organizer. Please help if any of you have any idea how to fix this.

It's hard having a conversation with a tiny black haired woman who pretends to be a child with red hair.

I'm having the EXACT same problem and it's frankly a little disturbing. I noticed Thorolf or whatever his name is in Dawnstar has the same problem. I think the main issue is that this patch was made for version 3.08 of 3DNPC, and 3DNPC is now on version 3.42. A new version of the patch is probably well overdue.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

All my Skykids won't wear clothes or armor, just the underwear. Any idea what I can do to fix that? I searched the forums. I tried installing the XPMSE skeleton for Skykids but that didn't help. I also installed some armor and clothing mods for Skykids, that also didn't fix the issue.

Thanks

We need a link to the old Skyproc patcher version, or we need someone to update the SKSE dll for Special Edition.  As it stands, Skykids cannot wear any clothes or armor if you are running Skyrim SE or VR.  Please fix this, or post a link to the skyproc patcher version!

On 8/2/2018 at 10:55 AM, ntblood said:

All my Skykids won't wear clothes or armor, just the underwear. Any idea what I can do to fix that? I searched the forums. I tried installing the XPMSE skeleton for Skykids but that didn't help. I also installed some armor and clothing mods for Skykids, that also didn't fix the issue.

Thanks

It's because the SKSE plugin that controls the armors and clothes has not been updated for the new version of SKSE for Skyrim SE and VR.  We need someone who knows how to recompile the dll to fix this. 

cotsarmor2.rar

On 8/5/2018 at 6:12 PM, NinjaNinja18 said:

It's because the SKSE plugin that controls the armors and clothes has not been updated for the new version of SKSE for Skyrim SE and VR.  We need someone who knows how to recompile the dll to fix this. 

I might have to disagree,  there is a way to do this without updating said plugin, however this doesnt really work for me in my case because I use rcots IA conversion and the process reverts those changes.   however, IF your not using a armor conversion mod the method will leave you with a great result. 

I will post both files for both methods for those who done mind a somewhat default look to their armors though if you like.

the first and easier one is to download the cotsarmor2 mod and install it, overwrite anything it asks about otherwise it wont work

the second and long way is to create a patch using the SSEEdit and apply a script to only the main Skykids.esm  the patch is called P71-Skykids Armor Patcher

use this method only if the first one doesnt work for you for some reason.

this file will need to be extracted into your sseedit edit scripts folder, you then open sseedit and click apply script  click the drop down box and find p71 choose it and click apply, wait for it to finish then close it will ask to save changes click yes.  then turn on the plugin, you may sometimes have to close whatever mod manager you use for it to show up in load order. 

As far as a load order,  place them at the bottom, unless you have live another life or asis  then place them above those.

these both work for sse but they WILL NOT work if you use a armor replacer  like immersive armors rcots these will then overwrite those meshes and textures and they will look like default armor but child sized. 

it would not let me upload the file here outright but i found it on LL originally anyway so ill post the dl link for the p71 instead.  https://www.loverslab.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=334050

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, fine fellow modders of loverslab it is my shame that I come before you with a problem but all the same I come with a problem that I found no fixes too. You see that I like many before you have contracted vampirism as I was playing as one of the custom races of the SkyKids mod in my case it would be the bretonchild version but when three days had passed and the hours has passed my character turned into a vampire and into a Darkelfchild. I was not amused it changed the look of my characters and honestly made it look disgusting. First I scoured the ınternet founding no solace I decided to change my race into _skchildren-BretonChildRaceVampire to get my old looks as soon as I have done that my game closed itself not a crash just closed itself. So I come before you looking for answers and fixes and I hope you fine people can provide it

With respect mehmet233

• 2 weeks later...

I am having an issue where I CTD before even acquiring the Start menu. Load order is

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

Hearthfires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

RaceCompatibility.esm

Skykids.esm

FNIS.esp

the issue only arises when I am trying to run with Skykids enabled, I have tried both the manual and NMM install methods for various packages. I have run LOOT and it does not give me any errors, in NMM there are no listed dependencies that are missing. Just trying to figure out what I might be doing wrong.

Thanks in advance!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
17 hours ago, MuSociety said:

Excuse me for asking such a stupid question, but where can I find the direct download of "SK TheEyesOfBeauty.esm"?
a lot of mods need this

There is no direct download at this time. It is included in the main Skykids installer package. I don't know why you would need just that file on its own, without doing a full install of Skykids to go along with it, but if you need it that badly, you can just fish it out of the installer package by hand, without having to run the installer script; just look around through the folders until you come across it, the folder its in should be named fairly obviously(I don't have the archive in front of me to consult at the moment, or I would give you an exact path).