[WIP] Skykids - Child races & other technical goodies - No more armor patcher! New CotS R2 Race!(6/22/15)

After removing the Animetica plugins, the error is gone. Now I get to "Importing from Masters" at 12%, which runs very slowly (i have a lot of armor mods) until:

"There was an error exporting the custom patch. (Record lengths are off.)"

New round of debug logs! Lots of errors this time.

The Animetica plugins are gone from the Nexus, but some kind person on LL reuploaded them to 4shared. https://www.4shared.com/zip/sSPMQSO1/AnimeticaMikuAppend11-16036-1-.html

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/2861-what-mod-is-this/page-329

Hm, ok that's actually an error with SkyProc and not my code directly. This is still a problem with a plugin, but it isn't something I can work around on my end. I've only run into this once before and I don't entirely remember how I fixed it, can you attach your 'Export - SK Child Armor Swapper.esp.txt' for me? In the meantime you could try disabling mods one at a time to see if you can track it down.

whenever I try to run the game with this mod, my game crashes before reaching the main menu. Can someone help me? I followed the installation instruction and  I don't know what would be causing this.

Im having this same problem and it didnt happen until i tried to use the SK Apachii hairs :/ Has anyone encountered this and found a fix? any suggestions? and YES, im sure ive isolated the problem to the hairs. i may check to see if its a particular one, idk. what good is one without the other :/

whenever I try to run the game with this mod, my game crashes before reaching the main menu. Can someone help me? I followed the installation instruction and  I don't know what would be causing this.

Im having this same problem and it didnt happen until i tried to use the SK Apachii hairs :/ Has anyone encountered this and found a fix? any suggestions? and YES, im sure ive isolated the problem to the hairs. i may check to see if its a particular one, idk. what good is one without the other :/

I had a similar problem. I was running Xvision Children Redone. Once I disabled that it ran a bit better. I ended up dropping it down the list in the load order and it ran fine.

I had a similar problem. I was running Xvision Children Redone. Once I disabled that it ran a bit better. I ended up dropping it down the list in the load order and it ran fine.

BAH. *hand to face*

Figured it out. when i followed the paths in the installation instructions for SK:

Hair:

Apachii Sky Hair v1.5 - SK ApachiiHair.rar

Apachii Sky Hair Females v1.3 - SK ApachiiHairFemales.rar

I obviously noticed that they went to the same mod, however i didnt notice that the female one, v1.3 wasnt included in v1.5. Easy mistake to make lmfao just glad i figured it out (which was because the auto patcher finally told me i was missing an esm and then i realized my mistake) !!! also, i replaced the default skeleton earlier as it wasnt working with a couple particular mods, im going to test very soon if it does indeed mess with how the monli race scales

I'm having some problems with the Drow addon. When i switch from the drow child to the normal drow, it causes a CTD.

Which adult drow mod are you using, I'll check it out.

This is the one I'm using

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/12954-drow-race-unofficial-dawnguard-edition/

The original ended up having texture problems with the hands, so I tried that one in the link and it worked fine for me. Don't know why it would interfere with your mod.

Hey, I'm still waiting on a responce back for this problem... can't use the normal drow from this mod with the skykids drow installed.

arr0w, the add on races are... add ons. They require SK.

sheloveme, link to the mod?

Rowyin, I'll look at it and see if it's anything obvious.

- He's overwriting the Race Compatibility files with his own. SK uses the released version so that's probably going to conflict (on the side of breaking SK is my guess).

- He's overwriting 7 scripts including the werewolf, vampire, companions, and 2 others. Probably very bad.

+ His meshes and textures are not in SK paths (and vice versa) so that's good.

Looking into the ESP next, will update.

- He's overwriting the Race Compatibility files with his own. SK uses the released version so that's probably going to conflict (on the side of breaking SK is my guess).

- He's overwriting 7 scripts including the werewolf, vampire, companions, and 2 others. Probably very bad.

Alright. One other thing i noticed. When i install the nude patch for the drow, the normal drow crashes, but the SK drow works, when the nude patch is removed, the normal drow works, but the SK drow crashes.

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. In fact, knowing what's in the nude patch, I'm not even sure how that's possible. It's literally only replacing 2 texture files. Perhaps you did not install the normal drow add-on fully? Even then I wouldn't expect the nude patch to fix it, since it still doesn't have any meshes or skeletons and such. Weeeeeeeeird.

Anywho, sorry for the delay, going into the ESP now.

Quick edit: Oh it's bad. As in not good. He's writing in child resource calls even though he's removed children from his mod. Do you still get crashes if you move zazimeldrow.esp to the absolute top of your mod order?

Edit again:

It's up to en_hawk to make an official call but I don't think there's going to be any fixing it. If nothing else the race compatibility overrides, including scripts, is going to potentially break every other custom race mod and one vanilla race possibly (not sure what removing wood elf from the formid "playableracelist" will actually do besides directly conflict with the latest version of the race compatibility mod). =\

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. In fact, knowing what's in the nude patch, I'm not even sure how that's possible. It's literally only replacing 2 texture files. Perhaps you did not install the normal drow add-on fully? Even then I wouldn't expect the nude patch to fix it, since it still doesn't have any meshes or skeletons and such. Weeeeeeeeird.

Anywho, sorry for the delay, going into the ESP now.

Quick edit: Oh it's bad. As in not good. He's writing in child resource calls even though he's removed children from his mod. Do you still get crashes if you move zazimeldrow.esp to the absolute top of your mod order?

Yea, that much I know... i checked the zip file after noticing it too.

It's still crashing, even with zazimeldrow.esp at the top of the order.

Per my second edit above:

It's up to en_hawk to make an official call but I don't think there's going to be any fixing it. If nothing else the race compatibility overrides, including scripts, is going to potentially break every other custom race mod and one vanilla race possibly (not sure what removing wood elf from the formid "playableracelist" will actually do besides directly conflict with the latest version of the race compatibility mod). =\

That's something SK can't fix, all the rest aside. :(

whenever I try to run the game with this mod, my game crashes before reaching the main menu. Can someone help me? I followed the installation instruction and I don't know what would be causing this.

BAH. *hand to face*

Figured it out. when i followed the paths in the installation instructions for SK:

Hair:

Apachii Sky Hair v1.5 - SK ApachiiHair.rar

Apachii Sky Hair Females v1.3 - SK ApachiiHairFemales.rar

I obviously noticed that they went to the same mod, however i didnt notice that the female one, v1.3 wasnt included in v1.5. Easy mistake to make lmfao just glad i figured it out (which was because the auto patcher finally told me i was missing an esm and then i realized my mistake) !!! also, i replaced the default skeleton earlier as it wasnt working with a couple particular mods, im going to test very soon if it does indeed mess with how the monli race scales

What mod manager are all you guys using that's having problems like this? Any competent manager should display files that are missing masters(and list them, I personally use Wrye Bash); this kind of problem should not be happening this often. I am glad you got it sorted out however.

Regarding the skeleton, what specifically wasn't working for you? I'd like to make sure the mod is compatible with as many mods as possible. Unfortunately replacing the skeleton will mess with the scaling on all of the races that reference it, as there is custom bone scaling being performed to achieve the desired look. If you have a better/more compatible skeleton that I should be using instead, let me know and I'll see what can be done in terms of converting it to work with the mod.

As for the question about the hotfix in your PM to me, the full list of changes can be found in the changelog visible at the bottom of the download page(and yes, it is required to be installed after the main package). Also you should be using BOSS to handle your load order(it does not sound like you are doing so from the wording of your message).

I would like to cast my vote for a male nude body.

Well, there's a nude version of the old body that I could post(I'd have to find where I put it first...), but not the current SoS derived version. I'm not sure how well making something like that would go over, as that was never discussed when the author was initially asked for permission(though I personally was not a part of that discusstion). Obviously it wouldn't have any of the SoS features/capability, but I still think it's a bit of a moot point right now...

I'll have to discuss it with the relevant people before I can say anything one way or the other. I can however post the old body for those interested.

hi it seems like the sk monli race is incompitable with the normal Little Monli race...everytime i want to choose the normal monli in race menu i get ctd....

best regards sheloveme

Which Little Monli race/configuration are you using that is having the issue? I'll see what can be done, but I'm fairly confident it's something on their end causing the issue as there are no common assets between the two races despite them sharing the same name. Do any of the other SK races crash as well?

Hey, I'm still waiting on a responce back for this problem... can't use the normal drow from this mod with the skykids drow installed.

Sorry about that! See below.

Alright. One other thing i noticed. When i install the nude patch for the drow, the normal drow crashes, but the SK drow works, when the nude patch is removed, the normal drow works, but the SK drow crashes.

Ok, this makes absolutely zero sense from a technical standpoint. Just to confirm, what exactly do you mean by 'removing' the nude patch, are you installing the regular non-nude files over them again or...?

So we ended up talking about the problem, and it looks like it's an issue with the other drow mod(I'm not really sure why it's conflicting either...). I've yet to look at it personally, but I'll see what I can do. Worst case scenario I could probably just fix the problems myself and send a patch to the author or something...

---------

Ok so this bit isn't directed at any person(s) in particular, but there are a few things I feel the need to point out at this point in time:

Use BOSS to sort your load order! I'm not sure how I didn't make this clear enough in the OP, but really, do it.

Use a mod manager that can detect missing masters and conflicts of that nature! This will save you(and me) a lot of time, and solve a lot of trivial errors/CTDs. I personally use Wrye Bash. Also use BOSS.

Stop PMing me! Really, stop it. Unless it's some in depth technical matter or asset use question, you need to be posting your problems in this thread, not my inbox. That way people other than myself can advise you(potentially faster than I can do so, just look at JerWA), and then anyone else with the same issue can see the resolution.

After removing the Animetica plugins, the error is gone. Now I get to "Importing from Masters" at 12%, which runs very slowly (i have a lot of armor mods) until:

"There was an error exporting the custom patch. (Record lengths are off.)"

New round of debug logs! Lots of errors this time.

The Animetica plugins are gone from the Nexus, but some kind person on LL reuploaded them to 4shared. https://www.4shared.com/zip/sSPMQSO1/AnimeticaMikuAppend11-16036-1-.html

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/2861-what-mod-is-this/page-329

Hm, ok that's actually an error with SkyProc and not my code directly. This is still a problem with a plugin, but it isn't something I can work around on my end. I've only run into this once before and I don't entirely remember how I fixed it, can you attach your 'Export - SK Child Armor Swapper.esp.txt' for me? In the meantime you could try disabling mods one at a time to see if you can track it down.

Export - SK Child Armor Swapper.esp.txt

I seem to be having some trouble with the armour. At first I thought it was because the patcher wasn't working properly (some BOSS failed to run issues, that's fixed now) but after I got the patcher to run without any problems (I'm using SUM and SUM.esp is checked in the NMM) I'm still having the same problem.

Basically even though I have armour equipped it doesn't appear on my character at all. The one exception was a prisoner tunic during the character creation. After that I equipped both vanilla and modded armours and neither are showing.

I have another character (adult female khajiit) that can equip armours with no problems and I've created two high elf female child characters that have the armour problems.

I've installed the hotfix too.

I seem to be having some trouble with the armour. At first I thought it was because the patcher wasn't working properly (some BOSS failed to run issues, that's fixed now) but after I got the patcher to run without any problems (I'm using SUM and SUM.esp is checked in the NMM) I'm still having the same problem.

Basically even though I have armour equipped it doesn't appear on my character at all. The one exception was a prisoner tunic during the character creation. After that I equipped both vanilla and modded armours and neither are showing.

I have another character (adult female khajiit) that can equip armours with no problems and I've created two high elf female child characters that have the armour problems.

That doesn't make much sense from a technical standpoint, post your load order. Now that you're out of character creation does the prisoner tunic still show up properly when equipped? Do you have any other SkyProc patchers? Try running the patcher directly instead of via SUM if you don't.

That doesn't make much sense from a technical standpoint, post your load order. Now that you're out of character creation does the prisoner tunic still show up properly when equipped? Do you have any other SkyProc patchers? Try running the patcher directly instead of via SUM if you don't.

I used the console to add the tunics to my inventory (wasn't sure which one so I tried Roughspun and the 3 X117 Prisoner Tunics) and none of them appeared.

I tried running the Patcher itself rather than through SUM and I got the following error at the end of it.

There was an exception thrown during program execution: 'java.lang.NullPointerException'

Load order is attached.

I used the console to add the tunics to my inventory (wasn't sure which one so I tried Roughspun and the 3 X117 Prisoner Tunics) and none of them appeared.

I tried running the Patcher itself rather than through SUM and I got the following error at the end of it.

There was an exception thrown during program execution: 'java.lang.NullPointerException'

Load order is attached.

In the patcher, go into 'other settings' and check 'enable debug logging' and run it again. Attach the files '=--Debug Overview--=.txt' and 'trace.log' found in 'SkyProc Patchers\SKArmorPatcher\SkyProcDebug\'.

@JerWA: His load order may be due to the patcher failing, it could be reverting the BOSS run for some reason. He said he had BOSS fixed so that's the only conclusion I can come up with.

Load order is attached.

In the patcher, go into 'other settings' and check 'enable debug logging' and run it again. Attach the files '=--Debug Overview--=.txt' and 'trace.log' found in 'SkyProc Patchers\SKArmorPatcher\SkyProcDebug\'.

@JerWA: His load order may be due to the patcher failing, it could be reverting the BOSS run for some reason. He said he had BOSS fixed so that's the only conclusion I can come up with.

Turns out the placement of the .esp was due to the userlist.txt being blank after I updated BOSS. I placed that in there now.

I ran the Patcher again and then SUM but I got that Null Pointer Exception error again on both of them. also to make sure I moved the SKArmor Patcher and SUM .esps to the bottom of the list, no luck.

The debug overview is attached.

Load order is attached.

Turns out the placement of the .esp was due to the userlist.txt being blank after I updated BOSS. I placed that in there now.

I ran the Patcher again and then SUM but I got that Null Pointer Exception error again on both of them. also to make sure I moved the SKArmor Patcher and SUM .esps to the bottom of the list, no luck.

Neither of the two debug logs are attached to your post. With a functional BOSS configuration, the patcher esp should have been toward the bottom of your load order anyway; ensure BOSS is functional not just for the patcher esp, but for everything.

whenever I try to run the game with this mod, my game crashes before reaching the main menu. Can someone help me? I followed the installation instruction and I don't know what would be causing this.

BAH. *hand to face*

Hair:

Apachii Sky Hair v1.5 - SK ApachiiHair.rar

Apachii Sky Hair Females v1.3 - SK ApachiiHairFemales.rar

What mod manager are all you guys using that's having problems like this? Any competent manager should display files that are missing masters(and list them, I personally use Wrye Bash); this kind of problem should not be happening this often. I am glad you got it sorted out however.

Regarding the skeleton, what specifically wasn't working for you? I'd like to make sure the mod is compatible with as many mods as possible. Unfortunately replacing the skeleton will mess with the scaling on all of the races that reference it, as there is custom bone scaling being performed to achieve the desired look. If you have a better/more compatible skeleton that I should be using instead, let me know and I'll see what can be done in terms of converting it to work with the mod.

As for the question about the hotfix in your PM to me, the full list of changes can be found in the changelog visible at the bottom of the download page(and yes, it is required to be installed after the main package). Also you should be using BOSS to handle your load order(it does not sound like you are doing so from the wording of your message).

I would like to cast my vote for a male nude body.

Well, there's a nude version of the old body that I could post(I'd have to find where I put it first...), but not the current SoS derived version. I'm not sure how well making something like that would go over, as that was never discussed when the author was initially asked for permission(though I personally was not a part of that discusstion). Obviously it wouldn't have any of the SoS features/capability, but I still think it's a bit of a moot point right now...

I'll have to discuss it with the relevant people before I can say anything one way or the other. I can however post the old body for those interested.

hi it seems like the sk monli race is incompitable with the normal Little Monli race...everytime i want to choose the normal monli in race menu i get ctd....

best regards sheloveme

Which Little Monli race/configuration are you using that is having the issue? I'll see what can be done, but I'm fairly confident it's something on their end causing the issue as there are no common assets between the two races despite them sharing the same name. Do any of the other SK races crash as well?

Sorry about that! See below.

Ok, this makes absolutely zero sense from a technical standpoint. Just to confirm, what exactly do you mean by 'removing' the nude patch, are you installing the regular non-nude files over them again or...?

So we ended up talking about the problem, and it looks like it's an issue with the other drow mod(I'm not really sure why it's conflicting either...). I've yet to look at it personally, but I'll see what I can do. Worst case scenario I could probably just fix the problems myself and send a patch to the author or something...

---------

Ok so this bit isn't directed at any person(s) in particular, but there are a few things I feel the need to point out at this point in time:

Use BOSS to sort your load order! I'm not sure how I didn't make this clear enough in the OP, but really, do it.

Use a mod manager that can detect missing masters and conflicts of that nature! This will save you(and me) a lot of time, and solve a lot of trivial errors/CTDs. I personally use Wrye Bash. Also use BOSS.

Stop PMing me! Really, stop it. Unless it's some in depth technical matter or asset use question, you need to be posting your problems in this thread, not my inbox. That way people other than myself can advise you(potentially faster than I can do so, just look at JerWA), and then anyone else with the same issue can see the resolution.

I still support a nude patch for the males whether it's for the old body or the new, although new would be preferable just to keep up to date. To me, it just doesnt make sense for the males to have underwear when the females do not. I really hope you implement this!!!

Also, about the .esp 's for the custom hair presets.. Where can you download these at? I've DL'd practically everything on the DL page and cant find these presets. Or are the included with the SK version of the hair mods?? Maybe i have them just the mod container re-named so im not seeing what im looking for

Load order is attached.

Neither of the two debug logs are attached to your post. With a functional BOSS configuration, the patcher esp should have been toward the bottom of your load order anyway; ensure BOSS is functional not just for the patcher esp, but for everything.

Odd that it wasn't attached, double checked this time. the smaller one should be SUM.

Also how would I go about checking if BOSS is functional for the esps? Both the patcher and SUM esps are counted as recognized esp files in the BOSS log and they are at the bottom of the list. To make extra sure I moved them further down below the unrecognized ones with NMM.

I still support a nude patch for the males whether it's for the old body or the new, although new would be preferable just to keep up to date. To me, it just doesnt make sense for the males to have underwear when the females do not. I really hope you implement this!!!

Also, about the .esp 's for the custom hair presets.. Where can you download these at? I've DL'd practically everything on the DL page and cant find these presets. Or are the included with the SK version of the hair mods?? Maybe i have them just the mod container re-named so im not seeing what im looking for

Out of the box, neither gender is nude. I made optional patches for people who wanted them based on what assets I had available to me.

Regarding the custom preset esps, I appear to have forgotten to post them. I'll attach them here for now, I'll make sure they get attached to the main download area when I update that later on, I'll get the old male body in there as well.

preset patches.rar

Odd that it wasn't attached, double checked this time. the smaller one should be SUM.

Also how would I go about checking if BOSS is functional for the esps? Both the patcher and SUM esps are counted as recognized esp files in the BOSS log and they are at the bottom of the list. To make extra sure I moved them further down below the unrecognized ones with NMM.

You didn't include the extra debug log, I can't track it down to a specific plugin without that. You also should not be messing with the load order outside of BOSS for any reason, if you need to change it do so within BOSS, if something isn't recognized and is not being handled by the patcher as a result then you need add a user rule for it so it sorts correctly.

I'll release an update to the patcher tonight/tomorrow that should fix this issue, though whatever specific armor records are causing the issue will obviously still not patch properly(the patcher will skip them rather than crash).