18 minutes ago, iamwookie said:

So I was going over that code I had posted and was comparing it to some of the MME SLIF code and realized

the SLIF event for the Morph path should be 

int SLIF_inflate_t = ModEvent.Create("SLIF_morph")

and not

int SLIF_event = ModEvent.Create("SLIF_inflate")

That is what makes it register as a morph.

Should I assume SLIF_inflate_t and SLIF_event are the same thing copied from two different examples?

I iwll take your word for it and change it in Hormones.

11 hours ago, w234aew said:

Do you know what setting it was in the ini that caused this?

If a user is only using morph scaling, all SLIF is doing at that point is acting as a unified shape update scheduler. That's useful for node scaling, but with morph scaling it's just a "nice to have".

If SLIF were marked as a light plugin (i.e. no load order cost), it would have more appeal for me. That one nice-to-have isn't worth taking up a valuable esp slot for me though, and I mod relatively "lightly" (i.e. 155-ish esps without merging them).

That was caused by setting iScaleMode to additive instead of multiplicative

This wasn't even the most ridiculous; you should have seen one of the 2H swords from Immersive Weapons. So, for now iScaleMode is back to being multiplicative.

I am now trying setting BodyMorphNode to 'largest', see how that will work out.

I have 223 esps at the moment, quite a few of them trying to do similarish things in a different way. That way, the game becomes less predictable, making it more immersive for me. Obviously the downside is that when surprises work together, things can get out of hand very quickly.

I think that BodyMorphNode being 'largest' might be the safest setting for my playstyle. 

I don't use SLIF at the moment, but there a quite a few mods that I like that need it, so I'll proably keep juggling and experiencing the odd size explosion here and there.

@DeepBlueFrog;

Earlier I wrote about a possible bug with eyeshadow not being painted. Looking at nioverride.ini, I realised that I forgot to add the extra slots that YPS demands when I re-installed the game last November. So I think that caused that.

As you're turning your modes more more into a framework, maybe you could also share your nioverride.ini and possible other configuration tweaks for people like me who are quite new to LL and missed most of its evolution.  As I'm still figuring things out, I sometimes have to backtrack a lot, adding and removing mods, accidentily resetting things I shouldn't.

10 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Should I assume SLIF_inflate_t and SLIF_event are the same thing copied from two different examples?

I iwll take your word for it and change it in Hormones.

I copied the string from the MME code.

the key is the inflate vs morph part.

Changing the line I mention in the script I found earlier and I'm seeing morphs happen using SE and 3BBB

My SLIF was setup for my body because of MME though so i already have the right json and percentages in SLIF for using that for morphs.

However that being said, while I was playing earlier the morphs were correctly adding up

Now when I just loaded back in it appears like it's set them back to the json file values, Watched my characters ass shrink in front of my eyes.

So something with the value being passed to the functions isn't quite right still.

image.png.6eea5c9323ebd0691675030c94cff8c5.png

As you can see I'm looking at Values and Slides, MORPH MODUS and then specifically HORMONES in that menu.

Edit:

Ok this time when I loaded in my values were updated. Note I edited the json Breast node value to 1.25 while testing earlier and it appears that the morphs are saving,  I disabled the other nodes while testing to make it easier to track the debug messages I had showing on the screen that is why they match the json values I have.

image.png.13b00ec2aef0a145191b267e6566d2f2.png

On 3/9/2021 at 3:06 AM, LinksSword said:

bro imagine you play long enough and some guy comes at you with a fucking sephiroth size great sword.

Worst part is that I had just given my followers some heavy equipment, so they couldn't keep up, and as I have several AI mods installed, enemies are less likely to give up.

It took me way too long before I realised I was looking at a glitch. ;)

Something completely different; I wouldn't mind if it would take 2 or even 3 or 4 days for each new phase of Bimboness, Bimbonetty, whatever to kick in.

I also wouldn't mind if the stats would lower a bit further with every iteration. This way it would become more pressing to find strong and stout followers instead of being 'oh fuck, now what?'. I have no idea if other people would prefer the same, so like, whatever. :)

7 hours ago, Wut1969 said:

Something completely different; I wouldn't mind if it would take 2 or even 3 or 4 days for each new phase of Bimboness, Bimbonetty, whatever to kick in.

I also wouldn't mind if the stats would lower a bit further with every iteration. This way it would become more pressing to find strong and stout followers instead of being 'oh fuck, now what?'. I have no idea if other people would prefer the same, so like, whatever. :)

I mean looking at the code that would be easy to adjust, it tracks days since the curse was cast on you so if a MCM setting was added with the default being 1 it would be simple I think to make the stages use that to determine the increment.

For me I'd like it to not reapply the nail polish each day when if it's applied right in my game lasts for 6 days.

9 hours ago, Wut1969 said:

Worst part is that I had just given my followers some heavy equipment, so they couldn't keep up, and as I have several AI mods installed, enemies are less likely to give up.

It took me way too long before I realised I was looking at a glitch. ;)

I don't like playing with followers, I find they get in the way far too many times. So for me with the constant lowering of the stats I would be forced to turn off the curse for good in the mcm. 

5 hours ago, Fuzzy_Fox said:

I don't like playing with followers, I find they get in the way far too many times. So for me with the constant lowering of the stats I would be forced to turn off the curse for good in the mcm. 

I didn't write that a clearly as I could have; I meant instead of going to very low stats the moment the curse kicks in, decreasing them in smaller steps with every extra iteration of the curse. So the end result would be the same or sameish.

In my case, and I suppose that has to do a lot with my mod list, playstyle, the level when the curse starts etc, etc, the moment the curse kicked in, my PC transformed from a capable fighter into a, well,  bimbo and she had no chance whatsoever against leveled enemies. So, my PC needed assistence and she needed it quickly. 

About a year ago I also started the curse with a different mod list. and if anything, my PC ended up being slightly more capable.

I totally agree that followers get in the way, so usually I don't play with them either. In this case I found that for immersions sake it was totally worth it. Obviously they'll still get in the way, or get lost at a moment you can't really afford it, but as they're grunts and my PC is, well, kinda braindead, it works for me.

I'm also sure that in my next playthrough I won't be using either the Bimbo curse nor followers. 

On 3/6/2021 at 9:06 PM, w234aew said:

If SLIF were marked as a light plugin (i.e. no load order cost), it would have more appeal for me. That one nice-to-have isn't worth taking up a valuable esp slot for me though, and I mod relatively "lightly" (i.e. 155-ish esps without merging them).

This remark has been bugging me since the moment I read it; how is an esp-slot valuable? Does merging help performance? What am I missing out on?

5 hours ago, Wut1969 said:

I didn't write that a clearly as I could have; I meant instead of going to very low stats the moment the curse kicks in, decreasing them in smaller steps with every extra iteration of the curse. So the end result would be the same or sameish.

In my case, and I suppose that has to do a lot with my mod list, playstyle, the level when the curse starts etc, etc, the moment the curse kicked in, my PC transformed from a capable fighter into a, well,  bimbo and she had no chance whatsoever against leveled enemies. So, my PC needed assistence and she needed it quickly. 

About a year ago I also started the curse with a different mod list. and if anything, my PC ended up being slightly more capable.

I totally agree that followers get in the way, so usually I don't play with them either. In this case I found that for immersions sake it was totally worth it. Obviously they'll still get in the way, or get lost at a moment you can't really afford it, but as they're grunts and my PC is, well, kinda braindead, it works for me.

I'm also sure that in my next playthrough I won't be using either the Bimbo curse nor followers. 

I normally play with 1 follower for a simple reason.

Devious Cursed Loot+Devious Helpers basically to hold keys I find and help me out of the restraints if I really need it.

Though typically I don't use the follower to remove them it's kinda my backup in case things get out of hand and I really need them removed for a fight.

2 hours ago, Wut1969 said:

This remark has been bugging me since the moment I read it; how is an esp-slot valuable? Does merging help performance? What am I missing out on?

I believe he is referring to the max number of plugins you can have.

Though I'm using Vortex and it does some merging for me during the deploy anyways, though I am running around 250 active plugins.

I haven't felt any major performance issues even with that many plugins.

Just now, iamwookie said:

I believe he is referring to the max number of plugins you can have.

Though I'm using Vortex and it does some merging for me during the deploy anyways, though I am running around 250 active plugins.

I haven't felt any major performance issues even with that many plugins.

I use mod organizer 2 and have active 240 esps at the moment. But if there is something to gain from merging, I'm eager to learn.

2 hours ago, Wut1969 said:

I use mod organizer 2 and have active 240 esps at the moment. But if there is something to gain from merging, I'm eager to learn.

Merging .esp files will allow you to potentially have more mods than the allowed maximum. Some modders convert their .esp files to .esl as these do not count towards the maximum. Some mods such a Bijin replacers can allow you to disable the mod in the load order and still get the benefits from the face, but not the body. 

Since some people found that setting Nioverride node changes to Additive fixed morphs not being applied I tried that and loaded a randomly selected save. Something happened.

20210314182451_1.jpg.e3c46f37238077e4843413d889dc636a.jpg

I closed the game and changed the Nioverride nodes back to multiplactive and loaded up the same save.

20210314183111_1.jpg.0970ae60904ee4d4b8bcb050a90740f2.jpg

Things were now back to normal. Oh well. Pity that tweak didn't work. I'll have to hope for something else.

24 minutes ago, Balgin said:

Since some people found that setting Nioverride node changes to Additive fixed morphs not being applied I tried that and loaded a randomly selected save. Something happened.

I closed the game and changed the Nioverride nodes back to multiplactive and loaded up the same save.

Things were now back to normal. Oh well. Pity that tweak didn't work. I'll have to hope for something else.

So to fix morphs in SE, I set the Bodymorph scaling method to Additive. I didn't do anything to the overall NiOverride node changes.

Like this in Skee64.ini (equivalent of NiOveride.ini for LE users):

Spoiler

755685222_Screenshot2021-03-14150035.png.a81b189b46bfaafdcff32063257a4e12.png

1 hour ago, w234aew said:

So to fix morphs in SE, I set the Bodymorph scaling method to Additive. I didn't do anything to the overall NiOverride node changes.

Reveal hidden contents

I don't use Special Edition because it doesn't support some of my favourite mods (and because it requires me to create an account on a website to be able to choose which mods I want to use in a single player game).

Since I decided to take upon the role of tester for a few things, a small note: The messageboxes {the things with the OK button} get cut off on some of the curse quests in later stages I trhought at first it might be the font mod I have {Kingthings Petrock font mod} But it turns out it is not that.

Somehow the text in the messageboxs is getting cut off and I am unable to access the messageboxes in CK or xEdit

5 hours ago, Balgin said:

I don't use Special Edition because it doesn't support some of my favourite mods (and because it requires me to create an account on a website to be able to choose which mods I want to use in a single player game).

What mods doesn't it support? (I include self-conversion as compatible)

Also, do you mean a Bethesda.net account? You don't really need that for mods (only mods on Bethesda.net require that). You can still manage load order/active mods using a mod manager.

23 hours ago, w234aew said:

Hide contents

Yes, the settings are similar indeed.

BTW I also use LE. AFAIK there are advantages and disadvantages to both choices, so either choice is defendable IMHO.

6 hours ago, Wut1969 said:

Yes, the settings are similar indeed.

BTW I also use LE. AFAIK there are advantages and disadvantages to both choices, so either choice is defendable IMHO.

Completely agree on both being defendable. I started out modding in LE.

My disagreement is with people thinking a bethesda account is required to mod SE. It's only required for one single mod out of my 150 mod load order, so having a heavy modded SE playthrough is totally doable without a Bethesda.net account.

That said, SE does have its issues. People inexperienced with the CK, or people that don't do well with file organization may find self-conversion of mods to be tricky and frustrating.

Additionally, the CC does get on my nerves (I don't use any CC mods, but it messes up SKSE any time Bethesda updates it).

Back on topic though, I'm patiently waiting for Hormones and the Devious Stories GH to stabilize for the new effects (milk farm related stuff).

MME is a fairly constant fixture in my load order, but with all of the add-on mods and required esps (even with merging), it is a rather sizeable chunk of the load order.

If Hormones+Devious Stories can offer a "Light-weight" solution, I see it as a good option for "Terrain-heavy" playthroughs (lots of larger new lands/questline mods, which as a rule I try not to merge, for fear of breaking something).

9 hours ago, w234aew said:

Completely agree on both being defendable. I started out modding in LE.

Back on topic though...

I'm going to derail that 'on topic' thought though; you obviously have plenty of experience with mods, so why are you so keen on keeping 150 esps? I have 240 and imho there isn't a real difference in the number by itself. Obviously sometimes things go haywire, but that is already possible with 2 mods. At the same time, sometimes things work out perfectly in a very unexpected and seemingly random way and I absolutely love that.

3 hours ago, Wut1969 said:

I'm going to derail that 'on topic' thought though; you obviously have plenty of experience with mods, so why are you so keen on keeping 150 esps? I have 240 and imho there isn't a real difference in the number by itself. Obviously sometimes things go haywire, but that is already possible with 2 mods. At the same time, sometimes things work out perfectly in a very unexpected and seemingly random way and I absolutely love that.

I'm not keen on keeping 150 esps, I just try to minimize the number of esps as much as possible. My current install is at 110 with Merges and ESLs.

I know I could go up to 255 ESPs. If all of my ESPs were unmerged, and I turned all ESLs into ESPs , I'd be at 210 (even more if I had a full DBF mods install, my non-testing playthroughs only get Dialogues, Hormones, SlaveTatsEventBridge, and Stories).

In practice, with SL mods, I find I get stability problems if I really start to push it (probably down to mods in the load order that are not marked as incompatible, but have some incompatibility).

Also, while I could move to a larger drive eventually, a super-heavy install on my current set up would fill my current SSD.