Okay, I think I'm missing something obvious here but I've had no luck figuring it out... I'm trying to get SCR installed, and the page I downloaded it from had a link to here rather than explaining how to install it. But one of the first steps in this guide is having SCR already installed. I am really confused, and really just want to get this thing working. I've been following the "Getting Started" section of the Sexout FAQ step by step, so I have everything up until SCR installed and copacetic. I've got all the files from Halstrom's page and all the files mentioned here downloaded, seperated and organized.

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

From the Sexout Common Resources download page..

Download and install, using a mod manager preferably (or by placing the files directly in the fallout new vegas/Data directory):

- GynoChair.7z

- HalstromsData-20150402.1 .7z

- SexoutCommonResourcesData-20140712.7z

- SporeRaceData-20150907.7z

- SexoutCommonResources-20180222.1.zip

Then follow this guide to install the rest of the referenced resources.

I've noticed a few of these are trying to overwrite certain files. For example, many of the GSB's BDSM files try to overwrite old files from the same mod. I'm consolidating all the textures, meshes, and sounds into three folders within 'SCR Resources'. Which files should take priority? So far, I'm dumping them all in based on the order they're listed in on the tutorial.

1 hour ago, Clockwerk13 said:

Nvm realized the pdf has more info

:smiley: YEP

FYI: This is the brief tutorial, general instructions and such. For the full step by step instructions download the PDF. It is very large and complete with pictures. :classic_smile:

It is advised to follow the list of requirements in order.

You will not harm anything with the overwrites. You can't harm anything with this tutorial.  There are no esp/esms. The worst thing that can happen is you will get a different texture / mesh than someone else might have depending on the order you take the tutorial. That is it. To correct this issue... The answer is just reinstall the armor that you want to show over the previous one you had showing. It is that simple. . The advice to install the mods in the listed order is to provide a  predictable end result for the user. (Same visuals) This is the most commonly advised and used order of installation by those that I worked with during the tuorial's creation and afterwards. There is no wrong installation order.

Yep... in the future chances are, any tutorials that I do wouldn't have much of anything in the OP.. the details would be in the PDF to download.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Is it possible to complete Step 4 without FOMM? I'm all the way there, but I can't get FOMM working properly for some reason.

Edit: Not sure if this will work, but I "created from folder" the SCR Resources mod, then re-extracted the SCR Resources mod to a convenient location, then I re-compressed the SCR Resources extracted folder with 7zip, and then I added this new .7z like I would any other mod to my mod manager. I am now about to reinstall all of my mods because the damned FOMM made me uninstall all of them to even open at all. 

Edit 2: It didn't work.

Edit 3: I reluctantly migrated everything to FOMM, and it seems to have all installed without a hitch.

That was when other managers wern't working properly for the tools that were used by Sexout.

You can use any manager you want... just zip up the folder and then add the mod normally for that manager. If you followed the instructions you would have a fully functional SCR resources folder.

3 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

That was when other managers wern't working properly for the tools that were used by Sexout.

You can use any manager you want... just zip up the folder and then add the mod normally for that manager. If you followed the instructions you would have a fully functional SCR resources folder.

It's apparently working now with FOMM. However, I have it installed but don't have an actual ESM to check, and this causes any mod that uses it to crash my game immediately. You have any clue how I fucked up this badly?

Edit: It was because I forgot to install the 20180318.1 SCR by Halstrom.

Edit: It was because I forgot to install the 20180318.1 SCR by Halstrom

Yep... there isn't any esp, or esm's in the SCR resources folder if you followed the instructions. The reason it can be packed up and used fore ever more :D Nothing to really break or conflict. You can install other armors and such over it later to get different experiences and no problems will occur.

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, cynicalSigma said:

Something that I'm wondering. It says to just grab the mesh, textures, and sound files. Do I grab the files from those folders and put them into a sort of "master meshes" folder, or do I just grab the mesh folder from each mod and put it into the SRC folder? 

Grab each folder and place it in the SRC folder.

After you have done all these actions for all the submods, you should have a meshes/textures/sounds directories + 1 *.bsa loose file.

8 hours ago, cynicalSigma said:

Something that I'm wondering. It says to just grab the mesh, textures, and sound files. Do I grab the files from those folders and put them into a sort of "master meshes" folder, or do I just grab the mesh folder from each mod and put it into the SRC folder? 

the answer to your question is in the PDF that you can download. Step 3... there you will see what is in the folder you will pack up for installation.  If you drag over the proper files folders below and allow the overwrites to occur you will end up with just the files you see below. (As dborg2 states above, this is just a visual representation)

image.png

• 1 month later...

The above, is the same as if you installed all the mods. Nothing different.

However, if done like above, outside the game then installed... you can modify  it back it up, and not have to screw around with it for a long time. Thus far... since the original creation of this guide in 2013... ;) Just reinstall the package if you need to reinstall your game/mods... One shot .. and DONE! 

the modify part.. is because there are some files you might come across that aren't included in this or from time to time some that will overwrite the other files .. (yes this is a thing) which doesn't hurt a dam thing by the way... you might decide later you want. Just install that right over the package you created... OF COURSE after you made a copy.. ;)

the interesting part of this practice is it is essentially a manual process of what is happening every time you install a mod in the game. ;)  Also for those that are clever.. you can use this to make compilations and other sources.. (provided there isn't an scripted installer in an FMOD.. for those you would have to know what goes where)

thanks for the show of appreciation. Yes it is a ton of work (Not really in the grand scheme of things compared to the rest of the *stuff* you will be fucking with in the framework) but once done ... you don't have to fuck with it as well.

If you like this.. check out the SMMP source for the rest of the basic requirements. If you use SMMP I believe all you need is the Nexus downloads for your SCR Resources folder. (Sorry, can't include those files as we don't have permission :( )

• 2 months later...

Hello, people! :)

I'm new to the Sexout side of things. Just had a dilemma regarding this mod.

So, first of all, my aim is to install Fertile Breeder. This mod is the reason why I even bought F:NV and started playing it in the first place.

So, when I went to install it, it pretty much told me to go download around 50 other mods to install as prerequisites. I'm on the last leg of installing those and this mod seems to be one of them. I've got the basics of installing mods and everything down so far. But this specific one is giving me nightmares. I've been reading the walls of text both on the first post of this thread as well as the .pdf file for a couple days now to try and figure some stuff out but I can't really get to it.

My first question is, if I believe a lot of previous posts on this thread and the original post itself, it seems that this is an optional install for the SCR mod itself and even the mods that it lists to download are optional themselves. However, one of Fertile Breeder's pre-requisites (namely Maternity Pack Overkill) seems to require this highly optional mod with even more optional sub-mods. What's the deal? Is it optional or mandatory? How much of it is optional and how much of it is mandatory?

And if it is, what mods would I need to specifically download in the requirements just to install Maternity Pack Overkill/Fertile Breeder?

Another question I have is about the very existence of this mod. Like, what does this mod do? I got a very faint idea from one of Halstrom's posts that this may just be a compilation of some third party mods that are required to run SCR itself properly and since Halstrom doesn't own those mods, he cannot include them in SCR itself. But if that's true, including them in SCR isn't the only option. He could've listed these mods as pre-requisites for SCR, just like this mod is a pre-requisite for Fertile Breeder?

Does the keyword "Pregnancy" refer to Halstrom's Data or Pregnancy v3? Because I'm using Pregnancy v3 as well as Halstrom's data (although, I have little idea what it does) as well?

Speaking of pregnancy, there seems to be an influx of different maternity packs out there? I know I got one from the Sexout Pregnancy v3 page, then there's link to one in your guide and when you go to that one, it redirects you to another one that has yet another version by you and then there's another one which is required by Fertile Breeder and I know of at least one more, which is by yourself but it's not listed in any of the mods I'm currently installing so there are a total of like 5 different versions of the same goddamn thing available with slight different variations in their titles and it's doing my head in. How are we supposed to understand what's going on with all these different maternity packs?

I guess it all boils down to- what mods would I need for Fertile Breeder and it's requirements to run properly?

Sorry for the noob questions, but my confusion level is so high that I've been holding off on installing anything for the last few days and re-reading the thread as well as the pdf multiple times over only serves to confuse me even more about these things.

My first question is, if I believe a lot of previous posts on this thread and the original post itself, it seems that this is an optional install for the SCR mod itself and even the mods that it lists to download are optional themselves. However, one of Fertile Breeder's pre-requisites (namely Maternity Pack Overkill) seems to require this highly optional mod with even more optional sub-mods. What's the deal? Is it optional or mandatory? How much of it is optional and how much of it is mandatory?

And if it is, what mods would I need to specifically download in the requirements just to install Maternity Pack Overkill/Fertile Breeder?

Another question I have is about the very existence of this mod. Like, what does this mod do? I got a very faint idea from one of Halstrom's posts that this may just be a compilation of some third party mods that are required to run SCR itself properly and since Halstrom doesn't own those mods, he cannot include them in SCR itself. But if that's true, including them in SCR isn't the only option. He could've listed these mods as pre-requisites for SCR, just like this mod is a pre-requisite for Fertile Breeder?

Sexout Common Resources is a collection of reources that most mods 'like to have', but also contains stuff that particular mods doesn't need.

In case of Maternity Pack Overkill all 'outfit' items are a must have, but things for hands, headgear and the drug items aren't used by that mod. However Fertile Breeder might need those headgears and drugs. 

Since 90% of SCR is outfits, It's much easier to say they are mandatory.

The entire idea behind the 'Sexout common Resources' set is, that if you have it fully installed, almost all the resources needed for a mod are there. It also saves you from having to install 20 or so loose mods, trying to figure out which ones have been updated, which ones need to to run a console-cheat to get the item etc.
From the modmakers perspective, they will only have to use 1 masterfile, instead of using dozens of masterfiles

Does the keyword "Pregnancy" refer to Halstrom's Data or Pregnancy v3? Because I'm using Pregnancy v3 as well as Halstrom's data (although, I have little idea what it does) as well? 

Halstrom's data is not pregnancy V3. Those things are seperate.

Speaking of pregnancy, there seems to be an influx of different maternity packs out there? I know I got one from the Sexout Pregnancy v3 page, then there's link to one in your guide and when you go to that one, it redirects you to another one that has yet another version by you and then there's another one which is required by Fertile Breeder and I know of at least one more, which is by yourself but it's not listed in any of the mods I'm currently installing so there are a total of like 5 different versions of the same goddamn thing available with slight different variations in their titles and it's doing my head in. How are we supposed to understand what's going on with all these different maternity packs?

"MaternityClothesFull pack Old version re-upload (HIATUS) " (Link 2) is in HIATUS and shouldn't be used anymore. The one in Sexout Pregnancy and Maternity Clothes (link 3) are the same, but not everybody will install Sexout Pregnancy, but will need the maternity outfits, because character XYZ will wear it.

Maternity Pack Overkill +Addons 2.5 (MPO) is my mod and an addon on Sexout Pregnancy. (Sexout Pregnancy handles about 500 outfits, and my mod about 4000)

Lastly SMMP (Sexout Maternity Mega Pack) (last link) is a coordinated attempt from me and Ritual Clarity to make stuff easier for everybody. It contains all the resources, mods, esp/ems and stuff from the Loverslab site that are in SCR, This resource list, Pregnancy/Offspring and Maternity Pack Overkill. The only thing it doesn't contain are the resources that you need to obtain from the Nexus site. (because of permissions). It contains Maternity Clothes (link 3)  and also contains the Sexout Tryout DATA package, but not the rest of that mod.

SMMP isn't as regularly updated and might be behind, but current version just happens to be up to date (as I'm writing this)

I guess it all boils down to- what mods would I need for Fertile Breeder and it's requirements to run properly?

Sorry for the noob questions, but my confusion level is so high that I've been holding off on installing anything for the last few days and re-reading the thread as well as the pdf multiple times over only serves to confuse me even more about these things.

If you are completely new and want it somewhat easy, this is my suggestion

#1 Download Sexout and it's requirements

#2 Download all the nexus stuff linked from this page and remove esp's, esm's. Also don't forget to rename the 1 BSA file

#3 Download SMMP Main file and install it

#4 Download and install the correct SMMP script addon(s)

#5 Install SexoutSpunk (Not yet included in SMMP)

#6 install Fertile Breeder and the addon's that you like

#7 Enable all plugins, soft your load order and start the game

#8 do the configs in game and then you can play

Sexout Spunk will not be added to SMMP as far as I am aware per request from DoctaSax. He wants to keep that clean and clear from any compilation for support purposes. I understand and respect this. 

Once you get this up and running.. just add the new files from the included mods over what you have and accept overwrite.  So if there is a new Sexout Pregnancy.. just install it over your installation. Same for Maternity Pack Overkill etc etc. Unless specifically instructed to do otherwise.