• 2 weeks later...

Long time lurker first time poster, actually was typing up a long tech support thread trying to figure out why pregnancy wasn't working and figured out that although your guide is perfect there was one step i did wrong.
The sexout clothing system page you link to has (Outdated) next to "Sexout Maternity Clothes - Vanilla" and "Sexout Maternity Clothes - Sexout" which gave me the impression (wrongly) that the only file you needed me to Download from that page was the "Sexout Maternity Clothes - Addons". When setting up the pregnancy mod  this lead to some weird bugs such as disappearing npcs, floating heads, no pregnant nude meshes during sex (the list goes on).

Just letting yourself know (and possibly others who use the forum search function) that if you are having these problems it can be caused by missing the p7bodyfix and Sexout Maternity Clothes vanilla/sexout files as once i added these everything worked perfectly.

The tutorial states clearly

Sexout Clothing System by Evilrunner (Sexout Clothing Damage Updated with Combat Armour! Only)

The PDF is even more clear had you checked (Picture)

There isn't any "Outdated" next to the proper download section mentioned in the tutorial

The tutorial is clear on what you are to download. If you choose not to follow the instructions and download other items or do things not instructed in the tutorial the results of missing bodies and floating heads are your responsibility.

The tutorial states clearly

Sexout Clothing System by Evilrunner (Sexout Clothing Damage Updated with Combat Armour! Only)

The PDF is even more clear had you checked (Picture)

attachicon.gifCombat Armor.JPG

There isn't any "Outdated" next to the proper download section mentioned in the tutorial

The tutorial is clear on what you are to download. If you choose not to follow the instructions and download other items or do things not instructed in the tutorial the results of missing bodies and floating heads are your responsibility.

I'm sorry i think you misunderstood me I followed your tutorial to the letter but i had the "missing bodies and floating heads", downloading the files i mentioned earlier fixes this problem! 

Can you confirm that these files are not needed for a correctly functioning install of SCR (so that the pregnancy mod functions) because i found that until i used them things didn't work just following your tut.

There is nothing wrong with the tutorial. You haven't read it and even gotten confused with your own post by downloading and installing packages from Step 2 which clearly stated to use the very last download on that page. If you messed that up you likely also messed up the Maternity instructions on Step 3. Thus your missing bodies and floating heads.

There were several moderators and Halstrom himself that went over the instructions with a fine toothed comb. There isn't anything present in your post that indicates there is anything else to change. You have just not followed the instructions correctly. If you are determined that there is an issue I would tell you to post your issues in the main SCR thread so that Halstrom can review the issues. I have been using an older version of SCR and haven't been running any mods on my FNV currently for some time. If in the unlikely even that he did change some records he would know for sure if there is a need for a change and would need to contact me about those changes.

Right, wasn't saying your tutorial was wrong (i dont like to assume that of people) and rereading my posts i can understand how you think i didn't follow your steps correctly (step 2). I was simply stating how i resolved a technical issue i had  in hope that this would be helpful to a more active member of the community help troubleshoot.

Following your advice i will forward my comments to the pregnancy mod thread and Halstrom's attention.

The advice you have given will cause trouble in the future for those that follow it. The items that you are mentioning will not be valid when Halstrom finishes his cleanup of SCR. These changes he will eventually will make those files be in the wrong place and those following those instructions will be having floating heads again except this time they will be struggling to figure out why and blaming other mod authors wrongly for "screwing up their game"

Any mod that takes advantage of the damaged armor system might also have floating heads since the clothes would be missing since you didn't download and install those.

I suspect your two errors were not using the Armor pack in Step 2 and I believe you didn't extract the 2nd zip inside the Maternity pack in Step 3. That explains the issue of floating heads etc and why the fixes you claim solved the problem

These 2 pages show "No files have been uploaded yet." when I click on download manually.  Is it something on my end or is it a Nexus problem.  They've been having trouble all day it sounds like.  I can see other adult mods and the files just fine.  Can I move onto step 3 without those files?

These 2 pages show "No files have been uploaded yet." when I click on download manually.  Is it something on my end or is it a Nexus problem.

Nexus problem. Hope they fix it.

Can I move onto step 3 without those files?

Quote from the tutorial.... :rolleyes:

Step 2:

Install the stand alone mods for Sexout Common Resources. You can install these mods at any time before or after the creation of the SCR Resource folder. They can be installed in any order.

So yes would be the answer. They are installed independently from the SCR Resources.

Thanks.  A couple of the requirements from step 3 are missing as well.  I waited 2 years to start modding this, I guess I can wait a few more days.  Hopefully nothing is gone for good.

*edit* I got Nexus working.  For some reason the direct links from the forums or the pdf don't work.  But if I use the site search engine to find the items, then they load up properly and can be downloaded.

Nexus is doing "house cleaning" I hear they are changing the ids or something. Might need to updated the links however I won't do that until the time that they decide to finish moving things around.

If you are missing anything remember those files. You will have to go back and install them into resource file (step 3) or if they are from Step 2 just install them. Currently it is of the thought that it really don't matter the order that you go through in the installation process between the steps. Step 2, Step 3 or the actual order in each step. So you should be able to add them to the game as needed later.

Are all those mantis suits, ghost suits and other shit that doesn't really fit into retro-futuristic post-apocalyptic theme of fallout actually required by sexout common resources? Sexout store's page implies that those are optional. 

IMHO pure waste of bandwidth, disc space, time wasted on downloading those, time wasted on unpacking those, even more time wasted on copy pasting them and re-packing those. I don't mind adding few new skimpy outfits... as long as those are lore friendly or add something useful to mod, like pregnant versions of armors, BDSM-stuff and toys.

This is still fallout, not Tekken,  Metroid, Tomb Rider or random space opera setting (or cyberpunk) either. 

Are all those mantis suits, ghost suits and other shit that doesn't really fit into retro-futuristic post-apocalyptic theme of fallout actually required by sexout common resources? Sexout store's page implies that those are optional. 

IMHO pure waste of bandwidth, disc space, time wasted on downloading those, time wasted on unpacking those, even more time wasted on copy pasting them and re-packing those. I don't mind adding few new skimpy outfits... as long as those are lore friendly or add something useful to mod, like pregnant versions of armors, BDSM-stuff and toys.

This is still fallout, not Tekken,  Metroid, Tomb Rider or random space opera setting (or cyberpunk) either. 

1st Day on the internet?

It's my game how I want it, other people want them, who are you to tell others what they can't have?

Read the info, don't want them with your shit or got "freebie" internet or a office spec PC, don't install them.

Don't like it? Write your own Sex Mod Resource you cranky miserable bastard. Just don't expect a lot of help with your offensive childish attitude.

Contrary to your belief the world does not revolve around just what you want.

All the files are technically "optional" If you don't like a section of the tutorial don't download them. It is as simple as that. These are textures the worst that will happen if you load a mod that requires any of the resources that you don't install is floating heads or giant read triangles. The game will continue.

1st Day on the internet?

Don't like it? Write your own Sex Mod Resource you cranky miserable bastard. Just don't expect a lot of help with your offensive childish attitude.

Contrary to your belief the world does not revolve around just what you want.

Sorry if that came trough bit more offensive than I intended. My apologies, because aside from few immersion breakers included in resource most of stuff in Sexout and plugins are top quality mods. Pretty much everything in Sexout appears to be highly configurable and modular... except when comes to common resources. That modular structure is pretty much best thing in Sexout, I can leave out or tweak pretty much everything in game menus without doing that with GECK. I do appreciate work done by community here, most of it's is fantastic. 

Right now I'm testing Sexout cleaned from stuff I don't like. Seems to be working fine... so far and no red things with huge ! running around. I looked trough few things in GECK,

I don't have illusions over internet or world revolving around me or it isn't my first day on interwebz, I registered here couple days ago.  :cool: 

It's my game how I want it, other people want them, who are you to tell others what they can't have?

Nope, I'm not in that position, but I think that I'm at position to ask is removing those things that rub me in wrong way without making everything else in to mod collapse. So far with bunch of plugins I installed and played have only used very limited amount resources actually, in name few faction specific slave/prostitute suits.

All the files are technically "optional" If you don't like a section of the tutorial don't download them. It is as simple as that. These are textures the worst that will happen if you load a mod that requires any of the resources that you don't install is floating heads or giant read triangles. The game will continue.

Thanks for answer and making tutorial. It's pretty useful tutorial overall.

Probably should have started previous post with previous paragraph.

Probably should have started previous post with previous paragraph.

Yep.

There isn't anything wrong with asking questions and getting clarifications as a new person it is better to be polite here on LL. It is greatly frowned upon for someone to start complaining on their first post about things that have been around for months or even years. It isn't a perfect solution but it is in my opinion one of the best ones out there for FNV.

Judging on you passion on what should and shouldn't be in a mod I would suggest you get familiar with FNVedit. It is an easy tool and can be used to make some minor changes like Masters and even some files inside. I changed the eye color of a NPC because of the requirement of Lings and I wasn't going to use Lings for one NPC's eyes. I was using another body mod.

If you get more comfortable you might try using some of the GECK's tools to make or remove any changes that you personally don't like. Just keep in mind that support for these changes shouldn't be expected from the creator. If you have need to understand how to change something or access something or even resolve a personal change on a mod post it in the tech support page with the full load order and what you have done to resolve it.

I can speak of the above because I am not a modder. I have however change a few minor files and tried to resolve a few conflicts and it can be very easy if you got the correct guidance. That guidance can be easily obtained through this community with individuals that have the correct mindset and respectfully request assistance.

Sorry if that came trough bit more offensive than I intended. My apologies, because aside from few immersion breakers included in resource most of stuff in Sexout and plugins are top quality mods. Pretty much everything in Sexout appears to be highly configurable and modular... except when comes to common resources. That modular structure is pretty much best thing in Sexout, I can leave out or tweak pretty much everything in game menus without doing that with GECK. I do appreciate work done by community here, most of it's is fantastic. 

Right now I'm testing Sexout cleaned from stuff I don't like. Seems to be working fine... so far and no red things with huge ! running around. I looked trough few things in GECK,

I don't have illusions over internet or world revolving around me or it isn't my first day on interwebz, I registered here couple days ago.  :cool: 

Nope, I'm not in that position, but I think that I'm at position to ask is removing those things that rub me in wrong way without making everything else in to mod collapse. So far with bunch of plugins I installed and played have only used very limited amount resources actually, in name few faction specific slave/prostitute suits.

Firstly I commend you on doing something that only a small percentage of internet users can do, an apology  :)

And in return I myself apologise for the rudeness of my reply

Basically Sexout Common Resources is more modularised than people may think, it wouldn't be Common Resources if we modularised it too much.

To explain in detail how it works, there are 2-3 parts to most outfits, the first is the Item ID which contains all the Armor ratings, weight, value, etc of an outfit and also where to get the mesh model and textures from, that is what I have copied from the original mods into SCR. The other parts are the model mesh and optionally textures for which the original download is needed, because I don't have permission to add other peoples work to the SCR download and it would be too big. Doing it this way gives users the option to not install Ghost suits etc. The Item ID itself uses next to no space in SCR compared to meshes & textures, but having outfits in there means that outfit can be incuded in formlist groups of SCR, this means a plugin can just check if the player is wearing something in the "Heavy Armor" group formlist and then change their dialogue or sex options based on that. Optionally people can also add their custom outfits to those lists too.

it contains a percentage of Lore unfriendly assets but they should be only added to the game world by plugin modules calling them, mostly Sexout Store, SCR is under constant redevelopment and I have future plans to improve it but am also developing 3 other plugins myself and need testing time before dumping updates out there on the users.

Welcome to LL :)

Take it from a person who has been a member since June and still consider myself a noob. Being nice can go a long way. I know modding can be quite frustrating and the LL community has always been there to answer my/our questions to the best of their abilities. Remember you attract more people with honey than vinegar. :P

I am currently looking at the links to see which ones the nexus screwed up when the did some house cleaning..

The links appear good and unless someone can state that there was some changes in the file format requiring a change in instructions all looks good for the time being.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't you be saying installation of "NV Type 3 Leather Armors" be optional?

I believe all that does is overwrite vanilla leather armor look with a slutty belly-showing one that... doesn't really look good on every PC. Some might choose not to install it.

If I'm right, then I've just installed something I fucking HATE.  :dodgy:

1. This is based off Halstroms page for SCR. He states to install them. Don't and have the outfits change drastically later when a mod swaps them out for another.

2. Install whatever you want or don't want. This is a tutorial to give you all the files that are needed for the optimum experience using SCR. That is all. Don't like something do what I told another poster to do. DON'T INSTALL IT.   If you have installed it and followed the instructions you can reconstruct the SCR folder again without the undesired content in a few minutes. If you are skilled and adventurous you can look into the resource and see the files used and go and delete those from the SCR resource folder. Done, Done, and Done. Just a matter on what you want to do. When done you will have the SCR folder just the way you want.

3. This isn't the page to discuss the asceticism of the SCR contents. If you have any issues with the direction or content of the product and suggestions to change or alter the requirements those should be taken up on the main SCR page. When Halstrom makes any changes he can post here, PM me or have a moderator transfer the ownership of the thread to him while he makes whatever changes he wants and then transfer it back or keep it if he feels the need or desire.

In the end this is basically Halstrom's thread, written to help SCR users get the best results based on Halstrom's concept and designs of SCR. Deviate from the instructions if you want but don't complain when something weird happens. Just don't expect to have proper support if you don't follow the instructions.

Yeah the answer is give it a go and find out, I don't know myself everything about SCR, a lot of stuff was supplied by others, you might find it's only needed for some outfits but not others. If you don't install it and have a related problem, then you have your answer :)

Quick question regarding the Dragon girl dresses. The .rar file has the standard version and the translucent version,but the read me in there states to pick either or. It seems sexout store uses both versions so when I install any one, the translucent version does not show up. Do I need to rename the translucent version to something else? I don't know what to rename it to, is there a list of the names scr uses?

Quick question regarding the Dragon girl dresses. The .rar file has the standard version and the translucent version,but the read me in there states to pick either or. It seems sexout store uses both versions so when I install any one, the translucent version does not show up. Do I need to rename the translucent version to something else? I don't know what to rename it to, is there a list of the names scr uses?

There isn't any list, have to look them up in GECK or FNVEdit, only place you may get them inworld is SexoutStore unless you use a console command, but both versions are in there.