View File

Installation of Sexout Common Resources (SCR):

Questions related to use of this tutorial:
This tutorial covers the how to create the Resource folder and install it. Support will only cover any issues related to these two issues.

Any questions related to issues downloading, extracting or obtaining these files should be directed to the threads host the resources. Please refrain to posting missing requirements here unless they have been added to Halstroms SCR thread. This tutorial is based off of his thread and any new or missing requirements need to be posted there first before being added to this tutorial.

FYI: This is the brief tutorial, general instructions and such. For the full step by step instructions download the PDF. It is very large and complete with pictures. :)

Do not PM me with questions on the tutorial. These PMs will be ignored. If it is valuable enough for you to take time to send a PM then it is valuable enough to actually post in the forum. There are others here that can answer many of the common questions I get in PMs.

Anybody that wishes to make translations of my tutorial is welcome to do so. Please cite your source (this tutorial) appropriately. However keep in mind if you translate you will be expected to provide support for that language. Please also let me know you have done this. I will be happy to post a link for your language version to help those people with a native language speaker support for SCR Resources.

Installation of Sexout Common Resources (SCR):
This tutorial is for those individuals that can use tools such as FOMM and 7zip.
A Downloadable PDF for convenience.

Step 1: Prerequirements
Make sure you have all the SCR pre-requirements installed and setup properly.

There is an excellent tutorial by BruceWayne on Sexout installation and its requirements found

here.
Still have problems go here, here and here.

Step 2: Installation Prep
These requirements installed in this step aren't available in game without some mod accessing them. If you desire to access these outside of mods and gameplay my advice is to install SexoutStore so that you can access these armors and other items when you desire. Provided you have the caps. Keep in mind in order for SexoutStore or Halstrom’s Pregnancy mod to work properly you need all the resources installed.

General Concept:

• Download all the requirements to the SCR Archive folder.
  • Extract the requirements to a convenient location then drag the textures, meshes and sound to the SCR Resources folder.
  • Finally delete the extracted folder and move on to the next requirement.

It is advised to follow the list of requirements in order. Remove all esp's from these resources. There will be special instructions to rename files. This must be done in order to get a functional SCR Resource. If you do not follow the instructions properly many issues may occur. In some cases there will be two sets of records (clothes, toys etc) in the game which only one is controlled by SCR. Other cases the items won’t be available and giant red exclamation marks, pink skin, or floating head and hands will be the result. The worst effect of not following the instructions would be your game will crash when you start it. You have been warned!

Base Non-SexoutStore/Pregnancy Requirements:
[SCR] Spectrums Toy Pack by Spectrum Warrior.
Refugee Outfits for Type 3 by Exter (Delete the esp(s)
T6 M CH Raider Armor by Izumiko (Delete the esps)
Raider Chains Armor T6m – T6BB – TN – BerryK2 .2 by nagothm (Delete the esp(s)
Sexout Clothing System by Evilrunner (Sexout Clothing Damage Updated with Combat Armour! Only) (Delete the esp(s)
Nordlands Mesh & Texture pack for the Fertility Drugs by Norland
GSB’s BDSM Files 20130227 by GSBmodder

You now have all the base and specific resources installed. If you desire to have SexoutStore, or Halstrom’s Pregnancy installed continue with the tutorial. If not you can skip to Step 3.

The Following are required if using SexoutStore, Halstrom’s Pregnancy, and/or Tryouts mod.

The following are mod specific resources and are only required if using specific mods, SexoutStore, or Pregnancy.
Tryout's Meshes, Textures and TryoutAudio by Loogie:
Sexout Maternity Clothes – Old by Evilrunner
Mantis Zero Suit Samus and More - Type 3 for NV by Primantis. (Delete the esp(s)
Reflex Armor S-07 for TYPE 3 a Mantis Retexture by static07 and Primantis (Delete the esp(s)
Bunny Suit for Dimonized Type3 by Backsteppo (Delete the esp(s)
Ghost Armor Conversion FNV Revamp by Ken1945 - Bunsaki – Rikai (Delete the esp(s)
Vegas Chokers by adriant1978 (Delete the esp(s)

• You have to rename the BSA to SexoutCommonResources – VegasChokers

Bouncing Breasts Type 3 Armors by revang. (Delete the esp(s)

• Requires Pack 1, 2, and BB Sexy Sleepwear.
  • The Dragon Girl Dresses Do not use the one on this page. Use this one instead.

Julia Chang Set by GSBmodder (Delete the esp(s)
Ghost Variants by Brokencrash. (Delete the esp(s)
Extravagant Half Masks FNV by t3589.
T6M Competition Swimsuit NV by Shimaneko (Delete the esp(s)

The following are mods that have been removed by the author. They are no longer publicly available for download.

A Collection of Sexy Attire by Shadowtroop (Delete the esp)

Step 3: Verification of Installation
Check the SCR Resources folder and you should only have the following:

• Meshes
  • Textures
  • Sound
  • SexoutCommonResources - VegasChokers

If you have anything else you did something wrong go back and figure out where you went wrong. If your folder has only the files I mention above and you are completely satisfied that you have everything ready move to Step 4. If you think you made mistake go back and repeat any or all the individual steps for the requirements.

Step 4: Installation Instructions
Create an FMOD that can be used when installing SCR.

• Open FOMM and select Fallout New Vegas.
  • Click on Package manager.
  • Click on the arrow pointing down on the “Add FOMod” button.
  • Select Create from Folder. A window opens up select the SCR Resources Folder and click OK.
  • Wait until done. This will take quite some time.
  • When done you will see SCR Resources entry in the Package Manager. Select that and click the Activate button and wait some more.
  • When done you can close the package manager and move on to Step 5 if you desire to add some of the available options from the mods mentioned above, if not move to Step 6.

Step 5: Optional Patches
(Optional) SCR Resources Patch
Used in case there are some options that are desired from the SCR Resources Tutorial above or files added in the future to SCR and SCR’s family of mods. You can also create a patch if you are concerned there might be a mistake or problem with your SCR Resources folder. Patches can be installed separately ( after the base SCR Resources folder of course) and the installation will prompt you for overwrite. After verification that it is what you desire you can later merge this into the SCR Resources folder and overwrite those files.
Benefits to creating a patch:

• Flexibility and expandability without risking the core base folder created by the above instructions.
  • Ability to make multiple patches and numbering them or giving them a brief name at the end. For example SCR Resources Patch – Ghost Armor. This can make it easier to figure out which patch is which in the future. This also allows you to make smaller changes. My suggestion is make a patch for each mod or resource used or added.
  • Patches can be added, removed, altered, and tested until just right.
  • When finalized and determined as “perfect” the folder then can be merged with the SCR Resources folder created in the tutorial above. More info further down under “Merging SCR Resources Patch with SCR Resources folder”.

How to create the SCR Resources Patch:

• Create a folder named SCR Resources Patch
  • Open up the mod desired and look for the Textures, Meshes, or Sounds desired.
  • Might have to dig down onto the folders and move specific files over.
  • Make sure you follow the instructions of the author on how to place these extra folders as some options means manually creating a file, placing a single file into a folder in a specific location etc.
  • When finished return to Step 5 and import the new patch into the game and test.
  • When reinstalling your mods remember that the SCR Resources folder needs to be installed before an SCR Resources Patches.

Merging SCR Resources Patch with SCR Resources folder
You have determined that the patches you have created are perfect and what you want to use going forward. You would desire to merge these together to easy the management of your mods in your manager.

• Grab the SCR Resources folder you created earlier.
  • Make a copy. Might take a bit of time.
  • Rename the old copy “SCR Resources Original” This is to designate it is what was started with. You might change your mind later and decide to go back and rework the files. It is always a good idea to have the same base files to start from that everybody else will have.
  • Grab the files out of the SCR Resources Patch

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/21/2013
  • Category
  • Requires
    FNV, FOMM, Sexout, SCR, NVSE Extender, NVSE

View File

Install your Maternity Pack Overkill over any and all SCR Resources folder. That is if you need to use Maternity Pack Overkill. If not just ignore this.

SexoutNG,

NXExtender,

SCR,

Pregnancy,

SCR Resources Folder,

Maternity Pack Overkill.

Currently, don't add it to this Tutorial's Resources Folder. It should at this time remain separate.

(just deleting and moving my post so RC's reserves can follow directly) Very good lookin RC. Great read for people starting out too. I'll be doing this later. I already kind of do something like this by hand, but this will make things easier and quicker in the long run, and save a bit on backup/storage space too.

coretex, that is nice of you. I was busy checking and doing other things I forgot that I might want a couple of reserved locations in case there are some common questions etc. Perhaps an extras option or other things that might be useful.

EDIT:

Also don't forget to find the extras and accessories etc that you want to add to that folder. You know what I am talking about.

Thanks for the tutorial ritualclarity, and for dumming it down so that even I can understand it.

This will be of great help and will allow me to clear out a bunch of clutter in my mode manager.

I will also say that I did have a few questions, however, after a quick search I found all were already addressed in other threads,

and you were there with some great advise. So thank you and "all" you other guys for sharing.

Your link for Reflex Armor S-07 for TYPE 3 takes you to the Mantis Zero Suit page. I did a search at that same site and found what I believe is the correct file. There is a similar file there,by the same authors and same name with bouncing. I'll use the former one for now.

BTW...are these all the armors that are needed for  "Sexout Compilation" by KainsChylde?

I can't find the "SexoutCommonResources - SpectrumToys file" from the [sCR] Spectrums Toy Pack.

Great Tutorial ritualclarity. I just have one query about [sCR] Spectrums Toy Pack . It says here that I need to "drag the SexoutCommonResources - SpectrumToys file to SCR Resource folder", however the download just has meshes & textures folders along with st.esp file. Do I need to rename the esp file or just copy the meshes & textures folders into the SCR Resouce folder?

Great Tutorial ritualclarity. I just have one query about [sCR] Spectrums Toy Pack . It says here that I need to "drag the SexoutCommonResources - SpectrumToys file to SCR Resource folder", however the download just has meshes & textures folders along with st.esp file. Do I need to rename the esp file or just copy the meshes & textures folders into the SCR Resouce folder?

I have to correct that part. I remember since there are two uses for the same mod didn't want to cause issues and broke the BSA. Sorry for the confusion. For the SCR Resorces folder you only need the texture and meshes folder. The version you downloaded shouldn't have any st.esp. You can use the other version the files in the texture and meshes folder are the same.

I will also say that I did have a few questions, however, after a quick search I found all were already addressed in other threads,

and you were there with some great advise. So thank you and "all" you other guys for sharing.

Glad you got your answers. Many answers that could arise should be answered on other threads such as load order and the like. Also any questions related to the extra files or options that you might come across should be easy enough to figure out.

Your link for Reflex Armor S-07 for TYPE 3 takes you to the Mantis Zero Suit page. I did a search at that same site and found what I believe is the correct fil

There was an error with the link. I had fixed it earler in the process however I guess when I returned to an older version to revamp the tutorial for simplicity sakes I use the version that still had the old link. That should be up shortly.

BTW...are these all the armors that are needed for  "Sexout Compilation" by KainsChylde?

I can't really speak to that. I am not familiar with "all the armors" that he requires any more. That mod is way outdated now. I create my game from hand selected mods now. Some of those mods might not even be compatible with Sexout or SCR anymore since so many changes have occurred in the last several months. I can tell you that this covers the SCR portion of the requirements. That should cover most if not all the requirements you will need.

Sorry I didn't answer earlier.

Hi, sorry for my stupid question but i'm afraid i made a mistake ^^

If i understand correctly:

SCR esp + DATA + Sporeracedata and after the SCR file of this tutorial ?

Grrrrrrr, really i need to learn English tssss .. !!

I do not know if i'm making myself clear.

In the post of "sexout common ressource stable version" there is a "data" file ... and i Wonder if it should be put in FOMM before or after the file that you help us to create ?

And generally sexout data files mods should they be before or after the file of this tutorial ?

Yes, my English is bad but I'm learning.

If i understand correctly:

SCR esp + DATA + Sporeracedata and after the SCR file of this tutorial ?

If you look at "Step 1", you will see:

5. SCR actually installed and load order set up properly

That means that SCR should already be installed and all instructions for load order etc should be done before creating or installing this resource folder. That being said it doesn't currently matter which order you do this in.

And generally sexout data files mods should they be before or after the file of this tutorial ?

In general you can install them in any order. The general advise I can give you would be to setup

Sexout and requirements

SCR, esp, and data pack.. yes even spore data

SCR resource folder, and any extras you decide to follow from the bottom of the tutorial

Pregnancy, ( If desired)

Breeder (if desired)

then all other Sexout mods.

@ Cainit

If you follow the tutorial the worst thing that can happen is you load some armors or other items that overwrite the current SCR resources folder. If this is desired. Do nothing. If it isn't and it cause problems. Reactivate the SCR Resources folder again and any textures or meshes that have been changed by another mod will be changed back.

Welcome to Sexout and I am sure you will have lots of fun. If you have further general questions don't be afraid to post in the tech support forum unless of course it pertains to this tutorial...

There are many individuals here more than willing to help with the process provided you give general info that would be needed.

Finally take a look at some of the links in my sig. There is alot of info there that can help you with various aspects of modding this game and other games as well.

Once all of this is installed, at what location can the items be found? Like say the dragon gil teeshirt? I went to the school house and looked all over but could not find. Sorry not to sure what I am doing yet but I followed the steps and most everything seems to be working.

The resources used can't be found outside of SexoutStore. It is consolidated there. If you install the mod you can talk to vendors and they can have the clothes for you to buy. I believe the "teeshirt" (actually an accurate description however it is a dress)  should be the second vendor straight from the entrance. If you walk to a door or see a NPC with vault suit you have gone too far.

These resources do nothing with out SCR at all. Some of the clothes and other things will appear in game when other mods use them or prompt NPC's to wear them or give them to you.

Oh Verd I forgot to mention it is advised that you don't have the esps from the mods mentioned or controlled by SCR because that creates multiple records. It might be tempting to load the esp into the game. However Sexout won't recognizance those armors and equipment when mods that access SCR are active. Things won't change out. This can cause strange things to happen. I don't think it will break the game but still.

• 2 weeks later...

Your welcome.

Keep in mind that is only a basic install of the resources. You can add many of the other items on top of that. (options) just be careful and my advise is to keep the two folders separate so that if you screw up something in the advanced folder you can remove it without harming the basic one. The basic one should be unchanging for very, very, very, very, very, (get the point) very long time. :P